Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
The BUST Lounge > Forums > The F-Word
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
mornington
cob: lecturers who ask you to bring a loooong list of materials to the practical, when that list isn't likely to be in my bag. Seriously. Why can he not email us? Or tell us the week before? You want us to bring acetate to our practical? Cool. Just more than three hours warning would be good.
kittenb
cob: seriously, would it kill my coworkers to water my plants when I am gone? Unless I specifically ask someone to take care of them not one thinks to do it. It's not like I have a ton here, only one. And everyone thinks it is so pretty and nice. Well, then why if e eeryone likes having it, I come in after a week away and find it drooping to the damn floor b/c it is parched? Argh!
doodlebug
cob: when one of the darts you put in your trousers since you lost weight, to keep them from falling down, comes undone, and you have to ask your supervisor to staple you up so you don't wind up in your knickers at the office! Especially when your knickers are red-lace edged and have little hearts all over them. *blush*
lilacwine13
Cob: car shopping. When I say I can only pay so much, it does not mean "This is my down payment and I'll be glad to pay off what you want for an overpriced piece of metal. Take it, I'm a retard."

Cob: People who call in sick, then decide that their job is way too important for them to take a day off, so they come in anyway. We don't deal with life-or-death situations here, and taking a day off will not result in mass chaos.
tankgirl
I really hate it when people call me "hun" and I especially hate it when people call my boyfriend "hun"

bottled water, seriously, I can understand if you live in a community with a very polluted water supply, but people have no idea how much MORE pollution it causes when they live off bottled water instead of refilling a water bottle.
culturehandy
Cob: Men who act territorial when you aren't dating.
zoya
people who think that things "will always be that way." fuck that. I haven't spent most of my adult life plowing thru glass ceilings to allow that to be so.

culturehandy
Cob: People who manipulate to get departmental resources.
doodlebug
cob: being shorted on my hours on my paycheque, so I have to wait a whole day for the cheque to be re-issued. Also, I don't have any smokes till after 3:00, b/c I was counting on getting paid yesterday. mad.gif

anti-cob: cute and eager boy coming to my house tonight!
edie52
Cob: my cooking's only good when I cook for myself!
hellotampon
The girl I work with bailing out on me at the last minute so I can't go to an interesting conference this weekend with my friends.
amazonprincess
Cob: completely fabricated memoirs. I was so engaged by the interview on NPR with Margaret Jones (Seltzer really) and her book about growing up in S. Central LA among gangs and violence. Couldn't wait request at the library. Now the truth comes out, how disappointing.
girltrouble
cob: people who don't understand that if you are going to make racist jokes, you have to start from a place where people know you are simply being playful. honestly, tone is everything. and it comes off better if you are not a white male. really. one of my new co workers thinks he's so witty and funny, but he's tone deaf to that sort of humor. today he said,

"oh that's right you people are supposed to be good at sports."
and without even thinking i retorted,
"my people? oh. you mean smart people."

and later i asked him,
"has anyone told you, you are a real wise ass?"
he said, "yeah, well, better than being a dumbass."
to which i said, "yeah, well, you've got that covered too."

ordinarily i hate bing so mean, but i forgot how nice it is to really shut someone up. 'specially if they deserve it.

cob: mixed messages-- a new friend said she doesn't want to send mixed messages, and that she is only up for making friends, then decides next time we hang out to give me not one but three cd mixes she's burned for me, full of love songs.

um.... huh?
dj-bizmonkey
cob: last minute schedule changes. if you say you're going to be done at 11, you should be done around then. don't call me ten minutes before and tell me i've got to wait another two hours.

cob:waiting for people who are late. don't tell me you are ready for me to pick you up and make me cirlce the block 20 times so you can wrap up a conversation.
culturehandy
Cob: People who loiter in washrooms once they are done going to the washroom. If you have a poop fetish, please don't include me in it.

Cob: People who take FOREVER to get ready. Drives.me.mental!
dj-bizmonkey
MAN i guess i am really cranky today.

multiple cobs: would it KILL my boyfriend to a)wash a dish, b)put the toilet seat down, c) pick up his clothes that are strewn all over my apt, d)make the bed, e)throw away empty yogurt containers, f)rinse the sink of his shaving leavings, g)wipe down the counter after he's spilled coffee grinds everywhere?

i mean, one or two of those things i can stand, but when i come home from school and this is what i find? grrrrrr.

ch, i second you on the bathroom lingering. i'd like to take my dump in peace, thank you very much.
roseviolet
I am so goddamn pissed off at people who think that I have no right to say anything about the school system because I'm not a parent. I am a tax payer, goddamn it, and I have just as much right as anyone to care about what's happening in my community - including the schools! Sure, I may not have kids, but it wan't too long ago that I was a kid myself and, believe it or not, I can still remember what that was like.

I am also sick of parents who only think about what is happening at their little suburban school in their little suburban neighborhood and don't give a rats ass for the poorer kids who can't even afford to pay for their own lunch. They say over and over again that the best way to help those poor kids is to throw money at them. But if we put the best school with the best equipment and the best teachers in the worst part of town, you KNOW those rich parents would make a stink about it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Don't get me wrong. I understand why parents have to be concerned about what happens to their own children. That's their job. But so many of them don't seem to care about the tens of thousands of other children here. They want the school district to custom make individual programs for each individual child and we simply don't have the resources for that. The school board can't just think about what happens to one kid. They have to think about the entire school system & the tens of thousands of kids within that system.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
konphusion26
Overly dramatic online friends on messenger that insist their relationship drama is so urgent that they MUST call you right now for advice!!!! I don't have time for it. LOL cuz next week you'll be right back in the same situation all over again.
anna k
I am also sick of parents who only think about what is happening at their little suburban school in their little suburban neighborhood and don't give a rats ass for the poorer kids who can't even afford to pay for their own lunch. They say over and over again that the best way to help those poor kids is to throw money at them.

I hate that people take their good advantages in life for granted and believe that anyone who grew up poor is screwed for life and not worth it unless they make it as a successful entertainer. I hate the words "white trash" or "ghetto kids" said with disdain or a mocking tone. People not realizing that they could easily be poor. My parents financially support me a lot while I am looking for work, and I am grateful for that, otherwise I would be way poorer.
dj-bizmonkey
cob: creationists. evolution isn't something to 'believe in' like ghosts or santa claus, ok? if you don't accept it then why the hell are you wasting everyone's valuble time by taking a human evolution class? dinosaurs are 3,000 years old my ass. evolution does not equal atheism or amoralism either. sheesh.
culturehandy
Word DJ! There is an MP who has publicy stated that he believes humans and dinosaurs walked on the earth at the same time. Dude, this isn't Jerassic Park, okay.
toastybean
that just reminds me, you guys should listen to "dinosaurs in the bible" by bill hicks. its him doing comedy about how if dinosaurs walked the earth the same time as humans youd think they might have mentioned it in the bible... its really funny.

cob- guys who wear their shoes a size or two too big and dont tie them and then shuffle around and drag their feet all day. also, pants that are worn below the ballsack! especially when they are not wearing a long shirt! I DONT NEED TO SEE YOUR JUNK DANGLING AROUND!

cob- that my car wont wash itself...and if it does get washed, it will rain the next day guaranteed and ruin the clean-ness
dj-bizmonkey
that bill hicks routine is HILARIOUS, he goes on to say that dinosaurs are just a trick that god played on mankind to 'test our faith.' redunkulous.

i second the low-riding pants cob. if you have to hang onto your belt loop when you walk around so your pants won't fall down, maybe you should think about going just one size up. i mean, that's gotta be annoying to the wearer and not just to me!
girltrouble
cob: blind, stupid, knee-jerk classism.

when i told my supervisor that i was going to go and get a chair and he said, "oh. we frown on that." really? huh. very interesting. EVERYBODY IN YOUR FUCKING OFFICE SITS DOWN FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS AND NOBODY HAS A FUCKING PROBLEM DOING THEIR JOB SITTING DOWN, DO THEY?!? hmmm. is it cos i oh, i don't know, work in the shop instead of the office?

look you little worm, just cos i actually WORK for a living, and i'm not a fucking paper pusher, doesn't mean i am a child. if you feel the need to babysit your employees, perhaps you should get a job in a FUCKING NURSERY.

i hate assholes who think they are better than me cos they work in an office. i did that bullshit, and i wanted something different. you're not smarter than i am, mother fucker, i'll run circles around you motherfucker. just cos i weld doesn't mean i'm a moron. but your attitude and your tone make you one.

oh, and a hearty FUCK YOU, DICKLICK.
zoya
cob: when I'm behind someone walking into a store, and upon walking into said store, that person stops dead in the middle of the doorway just looking around aimlessly. Christ, just get in the damn store and then figure it out. It's not like there's not 10 people behind you.

adjunct cob to above - without fail, that person that stops dead in the middle of the doorway is a slow walker.

pherber
Cob: Smug and indignant mothers who think their little sunshines are such a great gift to the world, they have a natural right to be a pain in the arse at all times.

Double Cob: Dumb standard remark of those mothers "But you have been a kid yourself at one point in your life"

FYI:
-Kids screaming in your ear can be very painful.

-Woman in health food store buying lemons, herbal tea, cough syrup and other remedies might have the flu and could be given a break.

-Yes I was a kid once, but back in the 70s even liberal hippie parents thought it was ok to say "please be quiet for five minutes" or "please leave her alone"

-Children who grow up with some rules won't be scarred for life.
pherber
Add:
Cob: Every fashion item being considered a "must have"

Soooo annoying!!

Why can't a dress, just be a nice dress, a handbag desirable, or whatever.

It ain't oxygene rolleyes.gif
ananke
cob: unreliable people

cob: Grand Prix next door

cob: the shitty band playing (actually I think it's Kiss and I keep thinking of the Family Guy episode with Gene Simmon's tongue which is freaking me the fuck out)

cob: I'm so so so tired of not being able to rely on my friends that I'm doubting they even like me.
mornington
cob: libraries who don't have the subscriptions to journals our lecturers want us to read, or put the journals in out-of-access areas for no visible reason. fuck's sake.

edit: and missing pages in the journals they do have. I have rage.
obelix2
Cob: Rude morons on Freecycle. I'm giving away some damn-ass nice furniture, and the people who respond aren't nice!!! An entire email that consists of "so is it a lazy boy chair?.....recliner?......or what?" No! I wouldn't give it to you if you paid me at this point! It's free furniture! BE FUCKING POLITE! I ended up giving it to two sweet old men who used punctuation and said "please" and "thank you".
konphusion26
Cob: unbelievably STANK breath aka HELL-itosis

I'm talking the kind that makes your eyes water, your nose curl, and makes your stomach turn. You just want to tell them to stop talking.
hellotampon
QUOTE(obelix2 @ Mar 17 2008, 02:01 AM) *
Cob: Rude morons on Freecycle. I'm giving away some damn-ass nice furniture, and the people who respond aren't nice!!! An entire email that consists of "so is it a lazy boy chair?.....recliner?......or what?" No! I wouldn't give it to you if you paid me at this point! It's free furniture! BE FUCKING POLITE! I ended up giving it to two sweet old men who used punctuation and said "please" and "thank you".

Yeah there are always people on there, especially bridezillas, who request 479785 nice things with a million specifications in separate posts, and then when they do offer something it's like, their fiance's old jizz rag.
hellotampon
QUOTE(pherber @ Mar 16 2008, 06:32 AM) *
Cob: Smug and indignant mothers who think their little sunshines are such a great gift to the world, they have a natural right to be a pain in the arse at all times.

This pisses me off too. Someone actually wrote a letter to the local newspaper demanding to know why guns, knives, and drugs aren't allowed in our schools, and peanuts are, because "peanuts could kill my son!!!!" Well then tell your son not to eat any peanuts. Teach him to look at ingredients if a classmate offers him food. What the hell?

And this morning I was reading VegNews magazine, and someone wrote in a letter complaining that the cover of the last issue had pictures of junk food and beer. She complained that the picture wasn't helpful in teaching her 9-year-old son to make healthy food choices. Please. First of all, your kid is 9 years old, come on. Second of all, VegNews is not a kids magazine. So what does that have to do with anything?

Funnily enough, the issue they printed the letter in has a donut on the cover. haha.
culturehandy
Cob: people who think that their lives are incomplete without a partner. This irritates me to no end. Get some confidence, if you are relying on a partner to make yourself feel better about you, then give your head a good fucking shake.

Word on the world become soooooo fucking catered to parents.
lilacwine13
I get annoyed by people who think a relationship will cure what ails them too. If you're unhappy with yourself, another person isn't going to fix things, and they're going to get annoyed by your whining. Trust me, I know. sad.gif

Hellotampon, I wonder if the same mom would write to Cosmo to tell them their magazine is giving her son a negative image of women. laugh.gif
dj-bizmonkey
i third the obnoxious parents cob once again. we're going to raise a legion of wienies if this line of thinking continues. kids aren't these fragile flowers or mindless idiots that can't make any decisions for themselves. they are surprisingly resilient. they will never learn to make good choices if you don't let them fuck up and get hurt once in awhile. sheesh.

i also second the bad breath cob. floss, chew some gum, keep your terminal halitosis face away from me.
sybarite
'She complained that the picture wasn't helpful in teaching her 9-year-old son to make healthy food choices.'

The world is big and interesting and contradictory and often beautiful. It is not a scary dark place that a child should de facto fear. The biggest danger to that mother's child is his timid fearful mollycoddling mom.
anna k
"peanuts could kill my son!!!!"

Watch your back, kid.

Word DJ! There is an MP who has publicy stated that he believes humans and dinosaurs walked on the earth at the same time. Dude, this isn't Jerassic Park, okay.

I used to believe in that too when I was younger, of cavemen and dinosaurs living at the same time. I think The Flintstones confused me.

I feel lucky that my parents were good peope, but never spoiled us to the point of being brats or bothering people. If we cried in a resturaunt, they would take us outside till we calmed down. They would tell us not to talk to strangers or pet strange dogs, made us go to bed at 10 pm at the latest, make us stay out of the TV room if they wanted to watch an R-rated movie, etc. It helped that my mom grew up with several brothers and sisters and works with disabled children, while my dad liked to be a tough-guy Italian-American father with little patience for crap, even though he could be insensitive at times. I'm just glad that they were never a bother to other people the way that some people let their kids run around a diner like it's a playground and bumping into people.
dj-bizmonkey
bwahahahaha, that mr. peanut looks like a cold-blooded killer to me!

cob: my bf's nonchalant attitude towards the litany of things that don't work in his apartment. he has two busted outlets, the shower drain is so backed up that when you're done showering the water level is mid-calf, the hot water doesn't work in his kitchen sink. he lives in the great white north and the water is freezing when it comes out which makes washing dishes very uncomfortable (not to mention the fact that i am the only one doing it!). lately i've been filling up huge pots in the shower and lugging them to the kitchen sink to do it. i mean, isn't that supposed to be a perk of apartment living, that you have a super who can come and fix your sink for free? how hard is it to make one little phone call?
konphusion26
Oh gosh MAJOR COB: hearing someone smacking while they eat. Makes me nauseous. Bananas are the worst. I used to have to fight my brother to make him chew with his mouth closed. YUCK. My mom smacks too.
ellievee
COB: rich kids from wealthy families that pretend like they have no money to be 'punk rock'

hellotampon
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Mar 19 2008, 11:58 PM) *
Oh gosh MAJOR COB: hearing someone smacking while they eat. Makes me nauseous. Bananas are the worst. I used to have to fight my brother to make him chew with his mouth closed. YUCK. My mom smacks too.

I hate that too. My mom REALLY hates it and anytime one of us kids chewed with our mouth open at the dinner table we would get slapped across the mouth with no warning. My boyfriend smacks a lot, and it drives me crazy. He sees nothing wrong with it. Then again, he also takes huge bites of whatever he's eating and practically inhales it. Then he'll sit there saying, "Oh this is really good" and I'm how like, "how the hell do you even taste it?"
nickclick
i can one-up you on that... mr.nick chews with his mouth open, inhales his food, and then starts eyeing my half-eaten dinner!
culturehandy
I remember mentioning bad chewing a while ago. I'm going to third that. It's fucking vile and distgusting. I HATE loud chewing. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.
hellotampon
QUOTE(nickclick @ Mar 20 2008, 03:11 AM) *
i can one-up you on that... mr.nick chews with his mouth open, inhales his food, and then starts eyeing my half-eaten dinner!

Yeah! Luckily my boyfriend doesn't chew with his mouth open most of the time, but no matter what, our eating ratio is always 3:1-- I'm always only a third through my plate before he's finishing. Unless I start eating while he packs a bowl.

That's my REAL pet peeve- he always has to smoke pot before he eats and it takes him 20 fucking minutes to get all his shit ready.
snarky7
COB: Being the only one who ever gets to work early and/or stays late. Doesn't anyone else do the same job as me????
ellievee
snarky, i know EXACTLY what you mean!
i'm a data processor (robot) and we'll (8 people on this shift) get a workload of about 80 records (things to do) an hour, and i know i've gone through about 40, then i check the stats, and yep, i've done 40-something! what the fuck is everyone else doing?
roseviolet
Cob: Idiotic preacher on tonight's local news who said that white people donate money to Planned Parent to fund the abortions of black babies. I am not kidding! How utterly ridiculous is that!?!?!?!?!!!!
lilacwine13
Rose, that sounds ridiculous, but unfortunately I've met some people who would believe that.

Cob: Women who use cutesy euphemisms for going to the bathroom. You're an adult, please talk like one.

pollystyrene
Ha, it's not just women, lilac- when LeBoy talks about our dog using the "washroom" I just cringe. He's a dog- there's no washroom. I don't even like calling it a washroom when referring to humans. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.