Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
The BUST Lounge > Forums > The F-Word
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
girltrouble

cob:my fucking sinuses. if i put a bullet thru my brains can i at least get rid of this fucking sinus headache? it's freaking day two here people? this sucks.

cob:site owners/admin who, after having received a nasty, angry letter from me tell me that they don't control things, because they've delegated it to someone else, and they will talk to their underlings. but nothing changes.....*arches eyeberow*

......this is your company, website and magazine, right?

cob:republican party flacks and pundits and their sleazy tactics. really? oh... that's why you put the flag and your patriotism front and center, so you can use it to cover the fact you're screwing americans. now it makes sense.

cob:honestly-- certain people who love hillary. yes, i get it, she's the first female to run for president, but that doesn't automatically mean she automatically gets it, and it doesn't mean she was robbed or wronged, it doesn't even mean she's the best woman. i can think of 3 or 4 women who would have been better than her. as awesome as i think it'd be to have a woman president, and i love the idea, she didn't really do a very good job. i hate to tell you, if you look at it strictly from a tactic point of view, her campaign sucked. much as i dislike hillary, she's so much better than the campaign she ran. but beyond that, hillary's people piss me off, because honestly, as a black person, i resent that i can't even celebrate the fact this is the first black presidental candidate to actually win the nom. nope, you and your spoil sports won't allow me that, cos hillary--- whose people ran the rules committee-- was supposed to go all the way. our happiness over a black person getting the party backing to run would be seen as another slap in the face/slight/insult to hillary's people and they'd childishly decide to vote for mccain. can i remind you that black people have been trying to have a black president for decades? there have been 3 other people at least to give it a shot and none of them went this far. so the first female to run didn't get it. that sucks, i remember when jessie jackson ran. it was heartbreaking, but...not that it's first come, first served, but fuck, we have been working at this for for a while. for a people who used to be seen as chattle too, i'm sure you can understand why this is a really, really big deal. so please don't hand me any horseshit about how 'obama is an upstart' and 'they picked him because of sexism'. fuck you. racism is alive and well in the states. let's be honest, hillary ran a sloppy campaign, overspent, positioned her self as a hawk, and in a left wing party, that last bit was a bad move from the git. if it wasn't obama it would have been someone else. she was so arrogant as to think she had a right to it. if that isn't a symbol of white privilage in at least a small degree, then i'm stephin fetchit. y'all act like the us was begging for a black man, and that's the only reason he got it, and in this country that's absurd. i'm not saying that black suffering is any less than female suffering or ever that it's greater, but your need to blindly erase racism so you can feel better about the shitty job she did, makes me ill. you act like there is no racism round here, only sexism, when even last night i watch a 'liberal' program like the dailyshow, make jokes about taking a belt to one of obama's children, WTF!? really? i know i can't be the only one thinking about slavery when these things are said, i know that later in the show when they have samatha bee in an obama mask and they are sicking dogs on her, that i can't be the only one who flashes back to the civil rights marches of the 60's where black people were mauled by german shepards. i find it really troublesome that you take such joy in the fact there are parts of the country where they wouldn't vote for obama and their racism is so thinly veiled that they use the most ridiculous of excuses. a flag pin? really? but you turn a blind eye to it. you pretend that it has nothing to do with race, and use it as a point of pride, something you should be gleeful about. do you see how disgusting that is? don't tell me obama didn't work his ass of for this, don't tell me hillary was robbed. cos i am sick of biting my tounge and placating your egos, when this should be a year when i should be able to celebrate the accomplishments of a black person in a country that still hates blacks and views us as less than. i'm sick of you jumping in front with your bullshit, and pushing me and mine back to our second class. if it was hillary, up there with the nod, much as i dislike her, i'd be celebrating the things that means for women. why can't you let me celebrate what obama means to blacks?
culturehandy
I'm going to expand on GT's cob. LL's who do shit fuck all instead of deleting one trolly mctroll troll's posts. Uhhhh, isn't this your job? We had a LL who did this previously.
candycane_girl
Sort of off topic but GT it's possible that you have a sinus infection. Try to see your doc for some anti-biotics and in the meantime load yourself up with antihistamines, decongestant and saline solution.

xoxo,
the girl who's had major sinus issues since the age of 12
geekchickknits
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Aug 27 2008, 10:12 AM) *

cob:my fucking sinuses. if i put a bullet thru my brains can i at least get rid of this fucking sinus headache? it's freaking day two here people? this sucks.
ngs that means for women. why can't you let me celebrate what obama means to blacks?

Again, off topic, but GT, buy and use a neti pot. It will make a world of difference and your sinuses will actually start draining and the pressure will be relieved.

*coming from another bustie who's had sinus issues for as long as she can remember*
girltrouble
will do, candy. this has been a ongoing thing, so i wouldn't doubt it. ugh. nyquil, liquicapsville here i come...
candycane_girl
Oooh, I want a neti pot so bad but I can't seem to find one! Everyone always suggests places to find them in the States but I'm in Canada.
neurotic.nelly
"you act like there is no racism round here, only sexism, when even last night i watch a 'liberal' program like the dailyshow, make jokes about taking a belt to one of obama's children, WTF!? really? i know i can't be the only one thinking about slavery when these things are said!?!?!?!?!"

Oh man, you're not kidding, are you? That right there, says it all. Sneaky dirty handed Racism, on steroids. Just being funny, my ass.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cob: people calling Obama black, like he is just black. Um. No. Obama is mixed: white and African, and then yes, raised in America = which in my book does make him black too. So, there.

Cob: Obama and his Hope campaign. Don't blow smoke up my ass. He is about to get paid, if he makes it out of all this, alive.

P.S.
gt, hope you feel better.
Queen Bull
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Aug 27 2008, 05:25 PM) *
Oooh, I want a neti pot so bad but I can't seem to find one! Everyone always suggests places to find them in the States but I'm in Canada.

Try a website. Neti Pots are totally worth the buy. PUritans Pride and Peaceful Company are two that I googled for ur reference.

<3's
girltrouble
QUOTE(neurotic.nelly @ Aug 27 2008, 03:14 PM) *
Cob: people calling Obama black, like he is just black. Um. No. Obama is mixed: white and African, and then yes, raised in America = which in my book does make him black too. So, there.

Cob: Obama and his Hope campaign. Don't blow smoke up my ass. He is about to get paid, if he makes it out of all this, alive.

P.S.
gt, hope you feel better.

thanks NN, i did feel better....when i was drunk last night. now i'm sober, i could use that bullet again.

i'm curious about how you think obama is about to get paid, and how...

and as to the whole obama being more than black in all honesty i have to bristle a bit at your comments, yes, he is more than black, as are most african americans. my friends used to look at me funny when i would talk about my irish and welsh blood/temperament. the problem with other races claiming black people like tiger woods, is that they do so only when they are successful. for almost 200 years the rule was one drop of black blood meant you were black end of discussion. black folk are hardly monolithic. so to call someone black in my view is not to deny those other parts of that person's heritage, any more than saying that one can only be white if one is american. blackness is more a shared experience in my view.
anarch
candycane_girl, there's also a sinus rinse product put out by NeilMed that a doctor friend gave me last time I visited Canada. Same principle as the neti pot, only it lets you squirt the water/salt/bakingsoda solution up your nose while bending over the sink. My doc friend says that with neti pots you have to sort of turn your head/nose not exactly upside down, but at least sideways.

So anyway, she said she's seen the Neilmed sinus rinsers at drugstores. The Neilmed site has a toll-free number for Cdns, so presumably they should be able to tell you where you'd have to go to buy it.

(I don't really notice much difference, but I've never had sinus problems. My husband who's had them his entire life swears that nasal irrigation feels like a miracle every time he does it.)
neurotic.nelly
hehe, gt, i felt better last night too! wink.gif

In my view Obama is black because of his experiences here, but his mother being white and his father being an African born immigrant means that his experience as a "black" person is different from "black" people who's ancestry goes back a few hundred years in America. It makes a difference. He isn't just "black". That's all I'm saying.
And some black communities are fed up with Obama's lack of discussion about issues facing black folks in America, but they have to understand that he has no real allegiance to black folk, partly because he deep down doesn't see himself as just "black" (probably, I mean, I am stretching it here, but it may be true) because again, his mother is white and his father is an African immigrant. Also, he has no real allegiance, just like John McCain and the lot of them have no real allegiance to the American public, it's all a farce. The whole election and political game in America is a farce, and the mega transnational corporations and war profiteers and bankers are profiting from the mess, and so are the talking heads - like Obama. Crooked way to look at the world, I know, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.
anarch
Obama: "If I was arrested for armed robbery and my mug shot was on the television screen, people wouldn't be debating if I was African-American or not. I'd be a black man going to jail. Now if that's true when bad things are happening, there's no reason why I shouldn't be proud of being a black man when good things are happening, too."

New York Times
July 26, 2004
roseviolet
That's fucking beautiful, Anarch. Thanks for posting it.
tesao
off topic, but here i go anyway:

NN: do you think that being black in Africa means that you haven't been/continue to be constantly exposed to racism and being treated as a second class citizen? let me correct that. remember aparteid? know why Zimbabwe was formerly known as Rhodesia? any idea who "colonized" Kenya? South Africa? Mozambique? Senegal?

read your history and come back and tell me Obama isn't black.

just saying.
geekchickknits
Cob: Twenty-something boys. When do they become MEN?
neurotic.nelly
Please see the derailment thread for my responses to tesao and anarch...

carry on with the cobs.
zoya
geekchickknits - never.

cob: people I'm doing business with who don't quote my original email in their response. It's a pain in the ass to go back through my "sent" folder so I can figure out what the hell they're responding to when I get an email that just says "sounds good." and nothing else. WTF???
neurotic.nelly
QUOTE(anarch @ Aug 29 2008, 07:09 PM) *
Obama: "If I was arrested for armed robbery and my mug shot was on the television screen, people wouldn't be debating if I was African-American or not. I'd be a black man going to jail. Now if that's true when bad things are happening, there's no reason why I shouldn't be proud of being a black man when good things are happening, too."

New York Times
July 26, 2004

cob: this is a weak argument, it makes no *fucking* sense.
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(geekchickknits @ Aug 30 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Cob: Twenty-something boys. When do they become MEN?

That goes double for angry, brooding, badly behaved teenage boys.
girltrouble
are you talking about the kind who live in their mom's basement and have nothing better to do than to be trolls?
Queen Bull
COB: all these random topics that serve no purpose but to 'intimidate', i use the term loosely and ironically, the amazing AWESOME busties, in all their FEMINIST,CHOICE MAKING, TROLL HATING GLORY! * and note, we are all still here! nothing changed... go freakin figure. you would think a certain someone would get it through their LOW WATT brain, and try a new tactic, like leaving us the hell alone.*

COB: drunk guys taht have an open conversation with your cleavage.... when they arent even talking to you

that is all.

much <3
culturehandy
I know thirty something men who still behave like pond scum.

Cob: deep seeded feelings that I can't get over. it's driving me nuts!
damona
cob: helping someone move and they keep getting bogged down in details, like ironing curtains, before they've even got all their shit out of the house. i have a ton of stuff to do at my own house!

anti-cob: getting some $$ for helping with the moving.
geekchickknits
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Aug 31 2008, 01:14 AM) *
are you talking about the kind who live in their mom's basement and have nothing better to do than to be trolls?

I know who you're referring to, but no. He's quite social.

anti-cob: He may be twenty-something but he can actually have a conversation and isn't scared off by straight-forward women. And he's honest and gives a direct response when asked a direct question.
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Aug 31 2008, 05:14 AM) *

Yes, and moody teenagers that smoke pot and cut school with a sense of a consequence free life.
starshine
Cob: ex-cop social workers who like to interrogate their community partner after a long weekend and before she's finished her first coffee of the morning.

Anti-Cob: being right.
lilacwine13
Cob: People who don't seem to understand the left lane is for passing, not for going five miles under the speed limit.

Huge, major cob: Health insurance and the idiots who seem to think that if they wait long enough, I'll magically have the money to pay the hospital bill myself. I don't even have a quarter of entire bill, and they are supposed to pay for half of it. I hate this, it's from April, and how long does it take to settle these things? I just got a notice that part of this mess will be sent to a collection agency if it doesn't get resolved soon, and I can't have that happen. The last time I talked to the insurance company, they said they hadn't received the paperwork from the hospital, and now I feel like I'm being fucked over again.
doodlebug
Huge fucking cob to rant about right here.

So my mom loaned me a bit of money because I lost 2 weeks work over the kidney stones. I sent her a cheque for it, post-dated for later this month. My mom, being 70 and not-quite-so-well anymore, got a little mixed up and deposited it early. My cob is not with doodlemama (she was more upset than me), but now my account is overdrawn, plus I have an NSF fee.

My mom's credit union? Told her that next time one of us should highlight the date, because when they're busy, they sometimes forget to check it.

My credit union? Told me I have to go after the depositor for my NSF fee to be returned. That's right, I'm supposed to go after my unwell 70-year old pensioner mom because all those people in the credit union (this is through two separate credit unions plus credit union central) processed a cheque without ever looking at the date. Yes, ma'am, I'll get right on that. Take mom to small claims court, maybe. Bah.

Plus I've had no money since Friday, and the earliest anyone can do anything about it is sometime tomorrow.
girltrouble
oh i hate that shit, doodle. what's the point in having a date on the checks if they don't even check it. i've wondered if they even check the signature sometimes.
hellotampon
Banks suck in general. I once overdrafted because a restaurant charged me twice. I got a copy of my statement and it was the same amount, at the same place, with the same serial number (or whatever it is), just on different days. The bank made me take my own personal time to write a letter begging to have my money put back, and I got a letter back from them saying they were not going to refund the money OR the overdraft fee because since the charges were dated separately, I must be lying. And I was out of town on the date of the second charge.
mornington
My bank has been known to charge me £65 for going overdrawn by £1. Fuckheads.

but today's cobs:
-people who stand on moving WALKways. Especially in little groups so you have to ask them to move out your way.

-people who stand on the left on escalators. See also people with suitcases who are so self-absorbed they won't move for the queue forming behind them.

- people who, when standing on the right, step off the escalator and then step immediately in front of the "left" side and walk *reeeeeeeally* slowly. (I have Tube Rage)

- Lecturers who set pre-reading lists containing books that aren't published until the end of october.
culturehandy
In regards to this overdraft business, do your bank offer over draft protection?

Ahem, onwards with cobs: People who talk down to me at work, when I've been with the department longer.
pollystyrene
Mine does- overdraft protection, as far as I know, just means they allow the payee to get paid so you don't have additional fees or a bad reputation with them. You still get charged a fee from the bank though.

Yeah, mine's pretty inflexible about the NSF fees, too.
girltrouble
cob:my fucking brainsis. these severe sinus headaches that last 3 days are killing me. if i had a power tool i'd drill hole into my fucking head right now.

cob:having insomnia and a fucking 3 day sinus headache.

cob: not having a power tool right now.

hoosierman78
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 4 2008, 05:19 PM) *
cob:my fucking brainsis. these severe sinus headaches that last 3 days are killing me. if i had a power tool i'd drill hole into my fucking head right now.

cob:having insomnia and a fucking 3 day sinus headache.

cob: not having a power tool right now.

GT: I don't know if you've tried this and it not worked, but here's something that did wonders for my sinus headaches (still does when I get them). Fill a bowl with warm/hot tap water & add as much table salt as will dissolve. Leaning over the sink, snort it up your nose, then blow it in the sink. It looks & sounds disgusting, and when you finally break through the snot, you'll suck too much in and damn near vomit, but I'll be damned if it doesn't work like a charm. It works MUCH better than those little saline bottles you buy at the store. On the rare occassion that doesn't work, my doc prescribed this wonderful little pill, ok, big pill, called Duramax. I have yet to have snot thick enough to stop the Duramax, and my sinuses get pretty fuckered up.

COB: Vehicles made without turn signals. Apparently school bus manufacturers and Mercedes-Benz make turn signals such an obscenely expensive option that owners of these vehicles can't afford them. I almost hit one of each this morning at a 4-way stop (no turn lanes) because the fuckers were turning left, but apparently didn't buy the turn-signal package on their vehicle.

Anti-Cob: Being able to pull up next to one of these turn-signally challenged vehicles a bit later, and inform the driver that their vehicle isn't working properly. Gets really funny looks until they realize that they got called out for being too fucking lazy to flick the turn signal on. Yes, sometimes I really am that easily amused:-)
girltrouble
anti cob:busties!

thanks hoosier! i'm gonna go soak my head in a bathtub of water after i watch project runway, then i'll give it a shot. i'm always up for a new remedy, otherwise i'm buying a mikita... wink.gif
auralpoison
A neti pot would do the same thing & not be nearly as gross, GT. A pinch o' kosher salt & some warm water. It's how I keep the sinus demons at bay.
mornington
the jeebus crew who have started bringing thier kids with them, knocking on my door and making the KIDS start telling me all about how I can be saved. I have no qualms about being rude to the adults, but I don't like doing it to the kids - they're only eight.
culturehandy
Mornington, wow, those people are tacky.
mornington
the fucking cocksucking dickfaces at the student loans company (the UK university payment and loans system is different to that in the states). First, they send me an email telling me they need info (this was two months ago, over a month after I sent the original application in), but when I ring them, they tell me they can’t talk to me because it’s my mother’s info they need. Did they send an email to her? Did they fuck. So, she rings, she eventually finds out what they need, and sends it in. Silence reigns. Mid-august, I start ringing again to find out what the fuck’s going on (bearing in mind I’m a returning student and the whole thing should take less than a month, especially as nothing but my address and year of study has changed). The silly chickens at the callcenter can’t tell me what’s going on, until I finally get hold of a nice lady who lets me play “guess the root cause” because it turns out they need to speak to my mother. Why they don’t fucking well contact my mother I don’t know. So I get my mother to call them, and they tell her it’s an automated message and because I’m a returning student they don’t need any information from us, so ignore it. Wait until ten days before I’m due to start uni, at which point I’m starting to worry about paying fees. Call the SLC, go through the automated system where they tell me my loan is “awaiting conformation”, so I decide to speak to a person to find out exactly when I can expect actual conformation. They tell me futher information is required.

THEY WANT INFORMATION THAT NOBODY HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT, WASN’T ASKED FOR ON THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION, AND WON’T TELL ME JACK BECAUSE THE INFORMATION IS MY MOTHER’S. cunts. I want my money, I do not want to have to find three hundred quid every month to pay the fees I shouldn’t be paying, and I do not want to scream or cry any more.

edit: they don't need any information.
tesao
a POX upon the fucking cocksucking dickfaces at the mornington's student loans company!

assholes DO VEX me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bunnyb
motherchuckers. I remember that -needless- stress so very well; they couldn't find a crayon in a crayon box.
culturehandy
Mornington, may the all have chronic morning breath!

cob: parents who allow their children to be screaming little bastards and don't say anything. especially in a packed grocery store.
doodlebug
Yes CH! At the store I work in, we have a water filter system, for customers to get a drink from. Friday night, these two kids went to get a drink - their mom told them to ask me and say please....they did ask but never said please, even though I was waiting for it before I gave permission (they never got it, they just took the water). Then the youngest of the 2 boys - old enough to know better - poured his leftover water in the wastebasket! I gave him a look and he KNEW what he'd done, but I let it go...I figured he couldn't finish it and didn't know what to do with it. But then he went for another paper cup. I said, "Only if you're planning to drink it." He looked at me, then took the cup. I repeated myself. He filled the cup with water, looked at it, and went straight for the wastebasket, while his mother was off shopping. I said, "Oh, please don't do that!" (b/c I didn't know how to admonish the child of a customer) and he started pouring! Real quick, I took the cup from him, and finally his mother showed up and gave him a lecture, right in front of me and another customer, and he started to cry. I left them to sort it out. I mean, at least she finally did something. But I was the one who had to clean out the wastebasket, and the other customer who witnessed it was like, "Aww, poor kid." Hello? Poor kid who does something bad, who KNOWS that he's doing it? POOR KID?
culturehandy
II'm glad his mom acted the parent instead of laughing about it!
sybarite
That story reminds me of the little asshole who threw a full can of (unopened, mercifully) Coke at my back on the street, after I told him to STOP HITTING STRANGERS PASSING BY WITH A STICK.

Demon spawn. No sign of parents anywhere, kid was about 7.
culturehandy
What a charming little fuck he sounds like.
konphusion26
((doodle & sybarite)) - the parents should be beaten. And that kid throwing coke cans, well, let's just say he would have experienced the wrath. He's never seen a belt wielded like the one I would have taken to his hide! Bad azz lil crumb snatcher! His mom is probably one of those that thinks their kid can do no wrong. HA!

My cob today is with UPS, this is the 3rd time I have ordered something and those dipsticks didn't deliver it to my door. They delivered it to the apartment leasing office. WTF??? I paid to have the shit shipped to my apartment. These fools didn't even attempt to come down here. Lazy butt-munches. It wouldn't be so bad if this were the first time. Now I am pissed. mad.gif
candycane_girl
doodle, at least the mom lectured him. The coke can kid, that reminds me of when I was younger, maybe around 9 and there was this even younger kid on our street. One day he felt like throwing rocks around and I got hit in the fucking eye! Then when winter rolled around he threw a block of ice at my best friend and got her right in the nose. I fucking hated that kid.

cob: walking on a sidewalk only to get stuck behind the two slowest people ever who are managing to take up almost the entire sidewalk!

cob: the numerous people, either at school or the mall, who get off an escalator and then decide to stand right there and block the way for everyone else!

Basically, I hate anyone who gets in my way. Seriously, you and your friends don't need to take up the whole friggin sidewalk and walk like turtles and then block the escalator. Get out of my way.
hellotampon
Am I the only one who would have threw something back at one of the kids? The little piece of shit does it to strangers because he thinks he can get away with it. After someone hurts him back he'd probably never do it again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.