Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
The BUST Lounge > Forums > The F-Word
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
SUPERLUVER
get out of my way, puffed up lip part mad.gif haha.. funny bc i have some sort of zit in the corner of my mouth that has been there for over a week and whenever i try to get at it, my lip swells up ridiculously, but i cant just let the damn thing fester, now can i? so i dried it out with peroxide, alcohol, neutrogena on the spot, and then it got so crusty that i couldnt stand it scratching the underside of my upper lip, so i picked at it.......the saga continues...swell, deflate, crust...swell, deflate, oh bite me. dry.gif
zoya
Persiflager - Amen, sistah. it's so fucking true and it's absolutely ridiculous.
crazyoldcatlady
cob: AOL radio no longer has the All Tori Amos station.

cob: Notorious isn't playing in any theater in a 100 mile radius. Fucking sticks.
hiddenpoet
cob: my brother in law's fiance needed to hog up all my man's time on his days off last week ruining my weekend so she could scout chapels in vegas to show the world how classy she isn't.
mega cob: i'm expected to sully myself by not only attending this joke of a wedding, but to be happy during it.
rudderlesschild
January heat waves.

Freakin' bass-ackwards Bay. I can't wait for July when it's nice and cool again.

missladyj
cob, people who accept a friend request on crackbook but when you send them a message , can't be bothered to reply. If you didn't want to communicate with me, don't accept my friend request. It's kind of simple.
culturehandy
People who don't return phone calls, text messages, email.

Fuck, it takes 5 seconds to return a text!!! Crapheads.
LoveMyPugs
stupid people who make more money then me

manipulators and aggressors

lousy friends
Christine Nectarine
(long, sorry, copied from elsewhere)

I realize that auto-matic door openers are incredibly handy (the ones intended to make building accessible to those in wheel-chairs) but I don’t tend to use them unless I have an arm load of stuff, or way back when if I was pushing a stroller. It seems I’m a minority in that respect. Well fine, I’m not upset that fully able-bodied people take advantage of them on a regular basis, as do many folk in my office. What irks me is when I enter a doorway, and notice another person coming behind me, so I hold the door for them. As I’m holding the door, they approach and PUSH THE BUTTON! So what, I’m not holding the door in a suitable manner to provide you with sufficient space to get through? You fear the exertion of having to hold the door for yourself after I step out of the way? It seems that what someone is really saying to me in that situation is that I just wasted my time being polite, because they are more interested in pursuing their lazy habits than accepting the kind gesture of a considerate stranger. Why not just walk through and say “thank-you?” Hell, even if you do push the button, you could still say thank-you for the effort, instead of walking by and blatantly ignoring me. If there were a second button that allowed you to close the door after opening it, I would slam it in their face.
stargazer
i've been called "honey" and "baby" in a patronizing tone on 2 difference occasions (both were car accidents) within the past week. i was more annoyed at the use of "honey" and "baby" than the accidents themselves. dry.gif
raisingirl
That's crappy, Star. Like the accidents weren't bad enough on their own, you know?! Oy!

NO MORE TORI STATION?!?! Oh phooey. There was a period of several months where I listened to it a lot! Crap. Back to listening to whole albums, I guess.
foryoursplendor
-Being told racist jokes and expected to laugh and agree, when the person joking doesn't know you belong to the race they are making fun of... and then the awkward moments that follow.

-Being at a crosswalk, pushing the button so the lights come on so you can cross and the cars don't stop!

-The obnoxious.

konphusion26
Females who use their children as bargaining chips to get more money or feed negativity into their children about the children's father. Especially when its not true.

I know my cousin is regretting the day he laid with that psycho bitch.

That is all.
Persiflager
Ulrika Jonsson being the last woman left in the house on Celebrity Big Brother and saying that she's 'doing it for the sisters'. Um, would you mind not?
zoya
deciding to travel to work via train this weekend - then completely fucking up and not checking to see if there were works being done on the rail line out of the city I'm working in today. Getting here and finding that the lines out of the city are completely shut down. Thus having to spend an extortionate amount of money to hire a car to get to where I need to be tomorrow for work.
zoya
this isn't celebrity gossip, definitely more of a pet peeve, so I'm putting it here.

I DO NOT get the big deal that is Lady Gaga. Seriously. The media is making such a big deal of her style and all that, and she's so unoriginal it's not even funny. I just watched some style video with her in it, shopping in a vintage store, and it's just LAME. It's not too fucking hard to put together an outfit in a vintage or thrift shop - you just shop for clothing like any other clothing store. Christ. Plus she was talking about how she designed the outfit she's wearing, and it's a fucking LATEX CATSUIT with a little belt front that's attached. BIG FUCKING DEAL. I could "design" a latex catsuit and slap a belt buckle on the front of it. And so what if she wears her hair fashioned into a bow on the top of her head? Hairdressers have been doing that in hair shows for years. She just took it mainstream, and I'm sure she's not even the first to do it.

ok, I will give her props, she's talented, has a great voice, and at 22 has loads of experience writing music for other people, already. I get the accolades for that (even though pop / electroclash is not my thing at all)

but the fashion shit? Not at all. not a thing original about her.

ok, rant over.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(zoya @ Jan 25 2009, 07:15 AM) *
this isn't celebrity gossip, definitely more of a pet peeve, so I'm putting it here.

I DO NOT get the big deal that is Lady Gaga. Seriously. The media is making such a big deal of her style and all that, and she's so unoriginal it's not even funny. I just watched some style video with her in it, shopping in a vintage store, and it's just LAME. It's not too fucking hard to put together an outfit in a vintage or thrift shop - you just shop for clothing like any other clothing store. Christ. Plus she was talking about how she designed the outfit she's wearing, and it's a fucking LATEX CATSUIT with a little belt front that's attached. BIG FUCKING DEAL. I could "design" a latex catsuit and slap a belt buckle on the front of it. And so what if she wears her hair fashioned into a bow on the top of her head? Hairdressers have been doing that in hair shows for years. She just took it mainstream, and I'm sure she's not even the first to do it.

ok, I will give her props, she's talented, has a great voice, and at 22 has loads of experience writing music for other people, already. I get the accolades for that (even though pop / electroclash is not my thing at all)

but the fashion shit? Not at all. not a thing original about her.

ok, rant over.

I saw her on Jay Leno without knowing who it was a couple weeks ago- the song was awful, but I was transfixed because she was wearing a top with weird cellophane stuff on the sleeves. Sadly, that wasn't the weirdest part. Not only was she wearing a leotard or tap pants underneath that was essentially ass-less (totally inappropriate for Jay Leno, if you ask me) but she was wearing her nylons on the outside of them, so the color was distorted- sort of a fleshy/black color. And they were droopy so when she was dancing, there was this very unattractive web of nylon hanging about 4 inches down from her crotch. WTF?

Here's a video. It's seen really well around the 3:05 mark.
stargazer
zoya, yeah, i think i hear your peeve about lack of originality being heralded as a new genre. lady gaga's song is fun to listen to, but only because she reminds me of christina aguilera (who i read is having some kind of feud with her). i'm not really understanding the whole alterna-pop princess phase. katy perry and lady gaga have some pretty bad pop songs. and i love pop songs.
zoya
the whole feud thing with christina aguilera amuses me, because christina has been around forever and is totally older than her. and she gets accused of ripping off Lady Gaga's "look" WTF? ANYONE could "rip off" that look. and christina has looked like different versions of that forever.

bleh.
grrrlyouwant
ugh, katy perry. can she just like, die or something already? "oh, she's so hip and controversial, she sings about kissing girls!" hello, jill sobule, fuck you very much?

yeah, i think i hear your peeve about lack of originality being heralded as a new genre.

that hits it right on the head.
and i don't see fabio hoisting himself on his own petard in katy perry's dumbass girl-kissing video. tongue.gif
hiddenpoet
both of these stem from other people assuming that i'm a gross generalization.

cob #1 people thinking that because i'm a woman i must love all things wedding.
cob #2 people assuming that because i don't eat meat it could be for no other reason than i'm some holier than thou militant activist.
raisingirl
OMG... I came in here to complain, and instead I saw someone I know in that video on stage, Polly! laugh.gif

I've had a dull ache at the back of my neck/head for the last couple of days and I'm so exhausted from the pain. I think having a cob up my ass might be a little more tolerable at this point. oy.
lilacwine13
I'm not sure whether or not to thank you all for introducing me to Lady Gaga. It isn't the worst music I've heard (Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl belongs in that category), but I think I can live without listening to it again.

And her fashion sense scares me.

*goes back to listening to her old fart music*

Cob: Having a head cold
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(hiddenpoet @ Jan 26 2009, 02:16 AM) *
cob #1 people thinking that because i'm a woman i must love all things wedding.

omg, me too, that and babies.
zoya
oh god, mine is with my job - I produce and manage events - and it never fails, every time I'm walking out of a kitchen after checking on the caterers, somebody asks me for ice, or a tea bag, or a spoon or something. It's like JUST BECAUSE I'M A GIRL DOES NOT MEAN I'M A CATERER!!! (no offense to caterers, god knows I love a good bite to eat - but it would never occur to these people who ask me these things that I'm the event organizer! I'm not even ever dressed like I'm doing catering!)
crazyoldcatlady
ha, zoya, that story reminded me of the time i was so hammered at my friends wedding... i took 10 min out of a groomsman's life as i inquired as to the status of my vegetarian meal. i thought he worked there blink.gif

cob: lack of sunlight.
anti-cob: prime napping weather!
pollystyrene
People who bring their kid into the dentist with a poopy diaper, then let them sit in it for 45 minutes, then change it in the waiting room. Then I'm forced to Lysol the place after they leave, which is a whole other unpleasant smell. At least she didn't ask to throw it away in my trash.
crinoline
cob: identity theft. This is the second time in four years! I don't know what it is about being me that is so d*mn appealing. It sure isn't my $300 bank account.
sybarite
-My city's inability to cope with trifling amounts of snow, resulting in me walking 3 miles in it whilst traffic remained unmoving around me
-Avoidable irritation at work
-Ongoing unexpected expenses I could do without
-The mister's insistence on relating the latest spectre of doom about a)our national economy and cool.gif the weather
-The inability of our government to spend its fleeting wealth responsibly meaning the most vulnerable could be in an even deeper world of shit very soon

I'm putting my head in the sand and leaving it there for now...

And Katy Perry sucks rancid donkey balls.
Christine Nectarine
cob: the court process.

cob: professionals who answer their cell phone in the middle of a meeting, without excusing themselves, or acknowledging in any way that you are patiently waiting for them to finish what is obviously much more important business.
candycane_girl
cob: some fuckwit who has no posts just sent me a PM asking "Is having big boobs keeping you from exercising?" Um, who the fuck are you and what makes you think I would even answer that?!
pollystyrene
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Feb 10 2009, 07:18 PM) *
cob: some fuckwit who has no posts just sent me a PM asking "Is having big boobs keeping you from exercising?" Um, who the fuck are you and what makes you think I would even answer that?!

Please post his name so we can all block him!
dj-bizmonkey
cob: the guy at the gym on the bike next to me. not only is he hacking up god knows what every two minutes, but he is also laughing VERY loudly at whatever he is watching on tv. get a cough drop and keep it to yourself. sheesh.
candycane_girl
Polly, the name is merveter. Has anyone else been bothered by this douche?
anna k
I got three emails from him, all saying the same thing. You think he stalked the large breast thread and is getting his kicks from that?
pollystyrene
Hmm, sounds like trouble. I pre-emptively blocked one called BernardMadoff the other day. Y'know nothing good is coming of that.
girltrouble
you rang? did someone ask for trouble?
lol... i've waited years for that! thanks polly.

my guess is that he probably chose the two of you because he thought that the photos used for your avitars were really you.

if there's one thing i've learned in my time here, it's that our trolls are particularly stupid.
dj-bizmonkey
that creep pm-ed me 6 times as well. all saying 'where u coming from.' blocked, done and done.
culturehandy
I got a comment approval request from economic depression stating an econmic depression is near or something lame like that.

missladyj
if you are going to do the breastroke with your head up out of the water, don't do it in a lap lane. If you do it in a lap lane don't get pissed when you get splashed in the face everytime I do a flip turn.

cob: people who are CLUELESS about lap swimming etiquite. just stay the fuck out of my way
hellcat
I get my license = whoot.
They take my old id = no biggy
They say my new id will arrive shortly = I sure hope so!
I have no photo id and am supposed to surprise someone at a no minors show = Corn Cub Up My Ass

I really really want to go! I'm 24, a whole 6 years of being legal! Now instead of tearing it up on the funk dance floor on VD I will be at home by myself while all others are out having fun or getting laid. Fiddlesticks!
doodlebug
cob: co-workers in a team environment who do not do their equal share of the work, and therefore put the whole team behind schedule.

cob: co-workers who consistently (every single fucking day) show up late for work and take extra-long coffee breaks and lunches, while the rest of us are scrupulous about our paid time.

cob: co-workers who do all of this (and much, much more) and because of seniority, can't be gotten rid of, while someone like me, who works damned fucking hard as a temp, is STILL waiting for word on getting into any kind of more permanent job after four months of slaving for the corporation.
konphusion26
Cob: trying to find a doctor or facility open on Saturdays - Urgent Care seems like a waste of time for my condition.

Super Cob: not being able to take time off to go get checked out during regular business hours. sad.gif

I'm sick of dealing with this.
girltrouble
(((((((((kon)))))))))
stargazer
(((((((kon)))))))))) sad.gif

cob: fetishizing traditional roles
hiddenpoet
stargazer, is it really fetishistic or rather just plain old marketing? i think the extreme marketing and consumerism we face every day have more to do with it. with marriage it's more about the wedding and the things you can buy for it and showing off to friends and family than the marriage itself. with wanting and having babies it's more about the cute little things that go with it than raising a child into a functional adult. to say that this is a fetishistic is saying that people are getting sexually aroused by the thought of babies - which is something i find grotesque and unrealistic. the word fetish is being misused in this article, what's happening is a trend not a festish. which brings me to my cob..

COB - people misusing words in english when that's the only language that they speak. i hear people misuse the word addiction constantly instead of obsession because they don't know the difference. saying anything at all is sexy - if a plate of pasta is getting you sexually aroused i think that there are more problems than poor english in your life. saying that everything is a sexual fetish because you aren't well spoken enough to use the word trend and get respect - what so hard about looking up words in the dictionary and gaining a better vocabulary?! that said people who purposefully use words that they know no one else will know and only know them themselves because they looked them up in an attempt to look intelligent bug the piss out of me as well.
zoya
from the American Heritage Dictionary:

fet·ish also fet·ich (fět'ĭsh, fē'tĭsh) Pronunciation Key
n.
1) An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2) An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3) Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4) An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

a fetish doesn't have to be sexual. and it's not a trend.

just sayin.

zoya
oh wait, I forgot two more:

ad·dic·tion (ə-dĭk'shən) Pronunciation Key
n.
1) a. Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance: a drug used in the treatment of heroin addiction.
b. An instance of this: a person with multiple chemical addictions.
c. The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.
d. An instance of this: had an addiction for fast cars.
2) a. The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.
b. An instance of this: had an addiction for fast cars.

sex⋅y   [sek-see] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective, sex⋅i⋅er, sex⋅i⋅est.
1. concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
2. sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
3. excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.

... just reading my dictionary....
pollystyrene
And there are people who have sexual attractions to objects. Strange, but true. Maybe they really are aroused by that plate of pasta.
girltrouble
dunno, i think in the octomom's case it's less a role fetish as it is to have the distraction/love/dependance of an infant fetish. it strikes me as that same sort of thing as that girl we all new in high school who was "baby simple"--- you know she lived and breathed this daydream of having a baby. the realities-- the actual "role" of mom never really caught on with her, the focus was babybabybaby, but loving /fetishizing the role? nope. the octomom has to have that....fresh meat to make her feel ok. once they outgrow that "new car baby" smell, it's time to set an appt. with "dr. octopus."

they had an interview with another one of doc oc's clients on dr. phil, she said he was horrible. once she had ivf, he practically ignored her during her pregnancy. she said she wanted him replaced FAST.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.