Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
The BUST Lounge > Forums > The F-Word
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
LilPinkElectricChair
Cob:People spitting on the sidewalk as I walk by. especially if it's all phlegmy sounding. I have a pretty strong stomach but for some reason anytime someone spits on a sidewalk I almost vom!
kiss_the_fiddler
cob: my sweetie (who has an awful cold) insisting that covering her mouth when she coughs and actually washing her hands with soap does nothing to keep from sharing her cold. therefore, i have her fucking cold. dumb ass.
culturehandy
SPAM. No I don't want fucking C!alis, V1agra, or whatever the fuck penis pump you are peddling. Thank goodness for gmails spam filter.

Hackers. These little douchebags need to get a fucking life. Move out of your mom's basement, please.

Spitting too disgusts me.

People who call and call and call. As soon as they get the voicemail, then hang up and call again. Hey, you could be a telemarketer with skills like that!

People who mark voicemails are urgent. You ahve a hangnail, it's not fucking urgent. Your hosue burning down is urgent, and then why are you calling me to tell me, call the fire department!!!!

nickclick
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 29 2007, 08:41 AM) *

People who call and call and call. As soon as they get the voicemail, then hang up and call again. Hey, you could be a telemarketer with skills like that!

oh sweet jesus i hate that. call and leave a voicemail. i will return your call; i'm not an a-hole.

on a related cob: people who don't check the voicemail that i left. take the minute to listen so i don't have to repeat whatever i already said 3 minutes ago.
culturehandy
I'm the worst for checking my personal voicemail.
lilacwine13
I'm really awful at checking my voicemail too. Usually I figure that if it's urgent, the person will call back and if it's not, then nothing lost.

Cob: People who don't know how to use apostrophes correctly. I try not to get hung up on grammar and spelling, but sometimes this really irks me.

I can't stand it when people spit and it sounds like they're horking up something. For some reason, sounds gross me out more than images. I can stand seeing someone spit, but the sound bothers me.
konphusion26
COB: People chewing with their mouth open!!!! I hate to hear food slopping around in somebody's mouth. Its worse than nails on a chalkboard. And utterly disgusting and rude.

COB 2: Poor hygiene. I hate it especially when someone does NOT brush their teeth, then want to talk to you or get right in your face. YUCK!!!!! Your breath smells like hot roasted garbage, get out of my face.

COB 3: People that show up to your house unannounced!! The telephone works, and if we dont answer, that means we dont want to talk to you!

Wooo, okay I feel better now! LOL
tesao
at the risk of sounding like a luddite:

COB: dialing a business and getting the "if you are bla bla, press 1, if you are blablabla, press 2"....ad nauseum. none of the options are what you are calling about. you don't press ANYTHING. so the business hangs up on you.

gah. urge.to.scream.
edie52
Procrastinating for a week (or a month...) and then getting sick right when I really need to be getting to work. Shit.
dj-bizmonkey
i feel you on that one tesao! but those dial automated services are soooo much better than the ones that make you speak in order to get the proper extension. as if i'm fooled by the mechanical voice that says, 'what would you like to do today? say....' and if you swear at it, it just says, 'i'm sorry, i didn't understand.' i was on the phone with UPS like that and eventually i screamed, 'i want to talk to a human being!' and i was magically connected. makes me think they are monitoring them or something....
Moonpieluv
Biz---- I was yelling at my phone just yesterday with the automated crap. I want to talk to a human being!

Cob a that I feel bad about feeling: even though you know someone loves you and just wants to help....
I'm peeved with my unemployed state and have my ups and downs accordingly. It's like the truest lesson of not taking things personally. With that said,

Loved ones who tell you not to lay around in your jammies all day feeling sorry about yourself.
"....who tell you to cherish this time of not working and being able to lay around in your jammies all day...

Ugh. I want money so I can buy a couch. okay.

I'm grateful to have them... but I'm slightly tired of all the pep talks, namely because its Pep talks from people with jobs who are tired of pep talking to people without them, really.

roar.

culturehandy
Cob: People who ring the door bell more than once, listen asshole, if I didn't answer the door the first time, I'm not going to answer it the next time.
candycane_girl
wtf? The board just ate a bunch of my posts. They're all gone!
pollystyrene
Cob: People who miss a turn or something while driving and then expect everyone else to work around them while they try to fix their mistake!

Tonight, I was driving home from work and one of the streets I take is a major, major street and there's a 5-mile section of it where it's almost like a highway- there's the express lanes in the middle and frontage roads on each side. There are traffic lights at the major intersections that turn green separately for all the lanes and if you want to turn onto the cross-street or one of the side streets in between, you have to exit the express lanes onto the frontage road and make your turn from there.

Some dumbass didn't get off the express lanes before the intersection he needed to turn at, so he thought it was okay to sit in the left lane of the express lanes and try to turn left. In fucking rush hour traffic, in the middle of the first major snowstorm of the year here in Chicago. What the fuck? Suck it up, go up to the next intersection, get on the frontage road and turn around. Everyone else was getting around him, but I couldn't because of cars on my right, so I got up on his ass and honked until he gave up and went through the intersection. I'm sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around you and you could have gotten everyone killed because no one expects there to be a car stopped at the intersection on a green light in the express lanes. Argh! mad.gif

And I don't care if that makes me seem like an aggressive driver (defensive, not aggressive!) but I was doing us both a favor by getting your ass out of there.

After I passed him, I noticed he was using an GPS unit. It probably didn't tell him to exit at the frontage road, but too bad- doesn't mean you're excused from the laws!
happydani
when i called the social security office because i lost my ss card (actually turned out to be in my car) i got this automated thing where you have to say your name, and they are supposed to repeat it back....well first of all they dont even understand yes or no let alone a french last name!!! and they dont give you an option to talk to a real person!!!!!!! that really peeved me!
culturehandy
Oh dani, I agree. Any phone service that you have to talk to before reaching a person makes me insane with anger.
falljackets
fucking NO-SPILL laundry detergent bottles that SPILL all over the floor. i don't know what the fuck i'm doing wrong but every time i pour the fucking detergent, it spills out of the little grooves in the spout that are supposed to prevent spillage.

ARGH!
lunia666
My mother
I don't mean to be rude I love my mom but am 28 and she still calls every Saturday night to ask if am going out and with whom etc...
obelix2
Cob- the DMV. long, long story. They almost made me cry, and all I wanted was license plates.

I've found that if you scream gibberish in a very upset voice, the computer phone systems will often put you through to a human.
newo_ikkin
Christmas music.

It begain 12:01 am November 23rd. We had roughly 10 songs on rotation at work. About a week later they added another handful so Let It Snow no longer plays back-to-back, but still...
humanist77
I loathe xmas music too. It gets lodged in my head throughout the holidays. What sickens me the most is that there are crappy commercial radio stations in Chicago that will play xmas music non-stop for the whole month, and there that there are people out there who actually listen to it.
I'm such a grinch.
culturehandy
I agree on the two months of incessant xmas music.

I remember when I worked in retail, it was a satellite radio station, and it was the same songs. FUCK OFF, I don't like Barbara Streisand, nevertheless her fucking jingle bells on crystal meth song.
lilacwine13
Two of my coworkers listen to Xmas music on their own, and it drives me crazy.

It also bothers me to hear a song like "Let It Snow" blaring from the loudspeakers here, since we live in a relatively warm area where there is no chance of snow. It doesn't make me think of the holidays; it makes me think that whoever picked the songs is a dumbass. I'm sure there is some Xmas music about living in the tropics somewhere....
dusty
Its called White Christmas. Now when I hear it, I think of Christmases spent in the tropics...
candycane_girl
November 23rd actually isn't that bad for stations to start playing Christmas music. There's this station in Detroit that starts playing Christmas music on November 1st!!

Personally I enjoy Christmas music but only songs that I've picked out and only in small doses. Christmas music that I hate includes:

-god awful renditions by people like Christina Aguilera and, even worse, Jessica Simpson
-songs that have more of an emphasis on the presents and whatnot
-whatever Old Navy and H&M play. Seriously, it's so awful, it makes me want to run out of the store

I was lucky when I worked at Lush last year. They had sort of a no Christmas music rule.
dj-bizmonkey
cob: my landlord has STILL not cashed my rent check. what is it now, the 12th? come on people, if i am timely in mailing it to you, you should be timely in putting it in the freaking bank. i can do the simple subtraction in my head when i check my balance, but for whatever reason, i feel a great weight lifted when the thing is cashed and that money is out of there.

as for christmas music, let's just say i'm very blessed not to work in retail. i do turn some shifts at the coffee shop next door, but we use pandora radio and i have full control when it's my shift.

i HATE 'the little drummer boy.'
konphusion26
major COB: Maintenance/roofers dropping shyt on the roof at 7:30 am and hammering new shingles on right above my bedroom windows. LOVELY way to wake up in the morning. And they're not even trying to be gentle about it... I know they have a job to do. But damn, must you be so rude about it? They're slamming shyt around up there, knocking stuff off my walls and shaking the entire apartment. I'm about 5 minutes away from going out there to knock their ladders down. REAL TALK!! Would that be mean?? LOL I hope they finish this crap TODAY its driving me up the wall. mad.gif
dusty
Asshole stopped in his car right across the sidewalk so that pedestrians have to climb over an iced-over farkin' rock garden to get by. I can't believe I didn't slash his tires.
tesao
non-native speakers of english who read and correct my 64 page reports written in english. mad.gif
obelix2
Dusty- did you at least give him the stink-eye?

Cob: Stupid roll-up shades. I swear every single one is broken in a different way. When I go around and open them in the morning, I have to remember "This one can only open halfway, this one can be coaxed up to the top and tucked behind itself, that one has to be taken off the window entirely because it doesn't roll'.
girltrouble
i cannot tollerate little drummer boy... the whole "rump-pum-pum" makes me neigh violent.... but then i loathe the merry kiss-my-ass music anyways...

and i second the loud construction people at 7 am. the asses across the alley for me have a chute that they drop debris down to a large, loud dumpster. but not before yelling "load!" at the top of their lungs before each drop. argh!
candycane_girl
ARGH!!! Okay, so I've had a nice hot shower now and these feeling have passed but a mere hour and a half ago these were the things that were getting to me!

1. going to the grocery store and them not having a damn thing that I need! Seriously, what kind of major chain doesn't carry decorating icing? All I wanted to do was make some cookies (they were all out of sugar cookie mix), pick up some chocolate chips (they didn't have the semi-sweet ones!) and get some decorating icing (nowhere to be found!)

2. The guy behind me in line who seemed to think that he was the next Robert Goulet. I am sick, I am tired, I just want to get out of the stupid grocery store and I have to put up with this idiot singing to himself! I seriously nearly lost it, I can barely handle the crowds around this time of year but I definitely can't handle some jerk behind me who thinks that everyone wants to hear him sing!

Gah!
culturehandy
Speaking of people singing to themselves, I HATE it when people whistle to themselves. Fuck, it is irritating, I cannot stand it.
girltrouble
stupid, stupid, stupid people who need to block an entire isle with their shopping cart, then talk on their phone ignoring the line of people trying to get by their stupid, stupid, stupid ass.
culturehandy
GT, further to that, when people meet up and it's like a reunion at the store, they stop dead in the middle of the aisle or the checkouts (on a busy day at that) then start reminiscing. Irritating as all hell!
candycane_girl
Ohh, the people that just stop dead in their tracks drive me nuts! It happened over and over yesterday when I went to Winners! And then it's like, you try to move to another aisle and two seconds later the same person is there again blocking your way!

I just know I'm going to hate it when I go home and have to do all of the Christmas grocery shopping. Honestly, it drives me nuts but I'm just going to have to try not to let it get to me.
nickclick
i went to a toys r' us on a very busy highway in north jersey on saturday. during christmas shopping season. i must be totally insane. parents with full carts of total crap always in the way. grandparents reading the descriptions of every stupid thing and not moving. i was cursing my cousin for procreating and planning to never do so myself. but if i do, they're playing with dirt and that's it.

ps this part of nj is extra busy on saturdays because all stores are closed on sundays in this county. frickin' christian nonsense further ruining my good time.
konphusion26
QUOTE(nickclick @ Dec 17 2007, 10:40 AM) *
ps this part of nj is extra busy on saturdays because all stores are closed on sundays in this county. frickin' christian nonsense further ruining my good time.

well, it sucks that the stores are closed on Sundays. But why does it have to be "christian nonsense"? why can't it just be nonsense instead? do you not care for christians?
missladyj
" Christian Nonsese" aka what are known as Blue laws, like not being able to buy liquour in stores until church is out.
I guess they were worried that while they were worshiping Yushka, the heathens would buy up all the liquor.

And some Christians do totally suck.

cob; stupidity and ignorance
konphusion26
QUOTE(missladyj @ Dec 17 2007, 06:07 PM) *
" Christian Nonsese" aka what are known as Blue laws, like not being able to buy liquour in stores until church is out.
I guess they were worried that while they were worshiping Yushka, the heathens would buy up all the liquor.

And some Christians do totally suck.
cob; stupidity and ignorance

Yes, some do suck. I dont agree with those laws at all. Wow, I'm glad I don't live there. But all Christians don't think or behave that way. No wonder so many people hate us. Some folks out there claiming they are Christian make us look bad.
obelix2
Ew. Blue laws. I had forgotten about them, but when I lived in Aiken SC for a while, that was a huge cob. The stores were not allowed to sell anything other than groceries before noon on Sunday. So no running into Wally world for a pack of undies or anything!
candycane_girl
Back in the 80s my dad had a small business and at that point stores still weren't allowed to be open on Sunday. He almost got into a lot of trouble for opening shop on Sunday but he didn't know!

Personally, I think it would be nice for people to have Sundays off but at the same time there are times that you need to run out to the grocery store on a Sunday night!
girltrouble
i'll just call them dramatis personae-- fucking overly sensitive drama queens who, when you already coping with a fucked up/harsh/ difficult situation, need to play the martyr to get everyone's attention and sympathy. fuck you and your need to be coddled. i am dealling with a really fucked up day, when you have one, i'll give you your attention, but right now i have to deal with this shit, and i don't have time for your fucked up ego.

also:someone needs to figure out what to do with the pissed off, angry trannies with razor sharp tongues who forget to take their medicine, inspite of the fact that it makes them EXTREMELY irritable and UBER bitchy, especially when faced with poor-poor-me-having-to-suffer-thru-your-fucked-up-day-second-hand, stupid, stupid, stupid people.
girltrouble
and in an unrelated cob: stupid fucking radio stations (particularly NPR) that don't podcast their entire show, or don't podcast their post popular shows. WTF?!? i have an appt, or something else i needed to do when it aired on my local station, it's not like i'm gonna be bootlegging it, and uploading it to some pirate site or something. jeez. i pay for public radio, why shouldn't i be able to get it when i want? it's not like you have to look after some corporate sponsor....it's 2007 people. let's get with the times, k?
candycane_girl
I'm surprised about that with NPR. Ever since I moved to Toronto I haven't listened to NPR (I'm not sure if I can get it here) but they always used to make it sound like you could get most of their shows online.

In relation to that, sort of, radio stations that only let you listen to clips or their station using Windows or Real Player. I'm on a mac, I don't have these things! If my old college radio station can play in iTunes, then you should be able to too, CBC!
nickclick
QUOTE(obelix2 @ Dec 17 2007, 10:23 PM) *
Ew. Blue laws. I had forgotten about them, but when I lived in Aiken SC for a while, that was a huge cob. The stores were not allowed to sell anything other than groceries before noon on Sunday. So no running into Wally world for a pack of undies or anything!

right, blue laws. the nonsense is the assumption that EVERYONE in that county is christian AND going to church, and that they have a rule over what's morally correct.

so Wikipedia says:

Bergen County, New Jersey
One of the last remaining blue laws in the United States that covers virtually all selling is found in Bergen County, New Jersey. It is incongruous that one of the largest and most popular commercial shopping cores of the New York metropolitan area is almost completely closed on Sunday (grocery stores are allowed to operate). Perhaps an even greater incongruity is that Bergen County's blue laws nonetheless permit liquor stores to operate on Sundays, while preventing the operation of most other types of retail establishments. Paramus, whose four major shopping malls account for a significant proportion of the over $5 billion in annual retail sales generated in the borough, more than any other ZIP Code in the United States,[6] has blue laws that are even more restrictive than those imposed in the rest of the County.

Furthermore, Bergen County (with a 2000 Census population of 884,118) has significant numbers of Jewish (2000 estimate of 83,700, about 9.5% of the total) and Muslim (2000 estimate of 6,473, less than 1%) residents whose observant members of both faiths do not observe their Sabbath on Sunday as is observed by those among the county's Christian residents.[7] The substantial Orthodox Jewish minority is placed in the position of being unable to shop either on Sunday (due to the blue laws) or on Saturday (due to religious observance, except for a small window on Saturday evening for Orthodox Jews during the fall and winter when sundown is earliest).[8][9]

However, repeated attempts to lift the law have failed as voters either see keeping the law on the books as a protest against the growing trend toward increasing hours and days of commercial activity in American society or enjoy the sharply reduced traffic on major roads and highways on Sunday that is normally seen the other days of the week. In fact, a large part of the reason for maintaining the laws has been a desire for relative peace and quiet one day of the week by many Bergen County residents.[10]

This desire for relative peace is most apparent in Paramus, where some of the county's largest shopping malls are located, along the intersecting highways of Route 4 and Route 17, which are jam-packed on many Saturdays. Paramus has enacted blue laws of its own that are even more restrictive than those enforced by Bergen County,[11] banning all forms of "worldly employment" on Sundays, including white collar workers in office buildings.[10] Local Blue laws in Paramus were first proposed in 1957, while the Bergen Mall and Garden State Plaza were under construction. The legislation was motivated by fears that the two new malls would aggravate the already severe highway congestion caused by local retail businesses along the borough's highways.[12]
konphusion26
QUOTE(nickclick @ Dec 18 2007, 12:37 PM) *
right, blue laws. the nonsense is the assumption that EVERYONE in that county is christian AND going to church, and that they have a rule over what's morally correct.

Wow that is a bit extreme. That's borderline crazy. But, what can you do? Pretty wild.

Cob: Paper cuts on knuckles or other places on your fingers that bend frequently. OUCH!
culturehandy
cob; irregardless is not a fucking word. It's REGARDLESS!!!!!
falljackets
culture, werd.
missladyj
cob: people who are shocked, when I tell them I don't have a Christmas tree in my house or celebrate Christmas because I am a Jew.

Are you an idiot? Why the fuck would I have a christmas tree ,which fyi is a pagan symbol , in my house? And no , I dont think it's okay for Jews to celebrate Christmas. I never have and I never will. Statements by goyim to that effect will forever be met with silence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.