Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You People Kick Bootay - The Mutual Admiration Society
The BUST Lounge > Forums > The F-Word
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
girltrouble
i feel the same way, aural. i think busties have influenced my life in ways i can't begin to count. i'm still a hot mess, but i am a MUCH better person thanks to y'all.... or at least i try to be.
culturehandy
I'd like to give a shout out to hcbeck for asking if it was okay to link to bust.

that is so beyond great for asking hcbeck, I know I'm not the only one thinking how much I appreciate you asking and keeping our little lounge a safe and sacred space.

I also agree that since I've been coming here, I've grown and become a better person. The busties are an amzing group of people who've helped each other through situations ranging from elationg to wonderment to downright crappy. The love and support we've given each other have made all the bad times a little easier and the good times better.
treehugger
Shout out to freckleface, auralpoison, girltrouble, pollystyrene, and stargazer! Thank you so much for your support last night. smile.gif You all ROCK.
girltrouble
well, you know we all ADORE YOU, tree. wub.gif

and i heaven knows i really admire you. you are just 31 flavors of badass! you are totally a huge roll model for me, personally, although i can't even come close to what you do.
rogue
I just wanted to mention how much I adore CH. Way to make a girl feel welcome, you. You're awesome and I know I've already told you and I'm pretty sure that everyone here knows it too but yeah. Thanks for everything today! wub.gif
culturehandy
Awww Rogue!!! Thank you. *blushes*

you're one swell bustie!
auralpoison
Aw, thanks, Tree. I think you're pretty swell!

Big ups to Stargazer for talking me down from committing a homicide last night. Some folks just need killin'.
nickclick
thanks to busties old and new for welcoming me back to the lounge so warmly!
stargazer
nickclick, i'm terribly happy that you are back here! wub.gif

AP, the timing was perfect for both of us! I was able to sleep like a baby after we chatted. cool.gif

tree, no problem chica! smile.gif
sevenseconds
Just wanted to tell all of you, badass women, that I have never had people in my life I can talk to like this. I have never been honest and open about who I am and what I like.
I know I'm a freak and I always expected to be judged so I never tried. It took a random letter I wanted to type somewhere but not send, and then watching you all breathe and cry and live and laugh and die and hold each other up, for days at a time - it took that for it to cross my mind that I can maybe speak my thoughts out loud and not have to flee the state before I see the reaction.
And right now this is keeping me out of a very bad place.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
rogue
((((seven))))

You just summed up exactly how I felt in the beginning (and sometimes still feel) of my Lounge excursions. Sometimes I feel intimidated but then I remember that this place is exactly what I always need and that everyone here - with the exception of the trolls! - is completely and utterly wonderful and I'm so grateful to everyone, always.
angie_21
Just wanted to say thanks GT for so clearly posting how to use the "ignore" feature. the BUST lounge is now a beautiful place again. And I am pretty happy to be in a place that doesn't tolerate insanity and asshole-ish-ness.
girltrouble
lol thanks angie.
i've got it down to a science. so when he appears, i just roll my eyes. i've also emailed debbie, so hopefully modsquad will do some clean up.
girltrouble
i just want to say freckami, i, we are rootin' for you.

yay to some great new busties: koffeewitch, rogue and 7 seconds;

and so glad you are there when i need you props to rosey, CH, and aural, star

still so crushin' on you (and your brains), to chachaheels and dolor,

and to all the busties who have been around for a while, recently returned and old school fixtures, i love you all! busties are the best evah. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
nickclick
thanks to chacha for the sweetness! and to cultureh for the crackbook invite.... see ya(s) there soon!
culturehandy
busties are the best EVER!!!!

Makes me happy inside my cold, black heart.
rogue
Awww, thanks GT! ((((You & your fierce self!))))
koffeewitch
I don't know which is the more flattering: being complimented by GT or being grouped in with Rogue and 7. smile.gif
GT, you and culture both have been my fave nominees for Lounge RockStar.
treehugger
Just wanted to give props to the Chi Town Busties for making me feel so welcome-I look forward to seeing you all again!
stargazer
Thanks to bunnyb and zoya for spending this past weekend with me! I appreciate my friendship with these ladies alot. wub.gif
pollystyrene
QUOTE(treehugger @ Nov 21 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Just wanted to give props to the Chi Town Busties for making me feel so welcome-I look forward to seeing you all again!

Aww, the Chi-Town Busties who don't read this thread much? Yeah, that's us. Thanks, tree! Next time, in Madison!
kittenb
I'm sure I've always wanted to go to Madison. It was great meeting you Tree.
girltrouble
[this is me so super jealous of tree and star]
deschatsrouge
GT if you can tear yourself away from the wetlands you can come visit me any ol' time.
girltrouble
omg, des, that would be dreamy. i'm long overdue to visit portland, but i've been curious about your neck of the woods for sometime..... smile.gif
rogue
Good LAWD, you are all so powerful and lovely and speak your minds so eloquently. I love every single one of you.

*squee* wub.gif
zoya
thank you to stargazer for saving me from myself this past weekend.... wink.gif

and thanks to GT for always going out of her way to say hi to me in one place or another.... it makes me feel loved smile.gif
kittenb
I like Koffeewitch! Just wanted to say that. I mean, I like you all, but I think she is one of the newer ones and I like her too.
koffeewitch
awwww *blush* What's ironic, kittenb is that when I was brand-brand new to the Lounge and still trying to learn everyone's name and avatar, you were one of the first people I noticed as being really cool. How did you know my self-esteem needed a shot in the arm today?

Are Busties the wickedest, cleverest, most gorgeous chicks on the web, or what? I just love coming here; alll you amazing women rock my world.
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Dec 1 2009, 08:18 PM) *
omg, des, that would be dreamy. i'm long overdue to visit portland, but i've been curious about your neck of the woods for sometime..... smile.gif

I have a nice guest room and it is currently empty. wink.gif
coffeebean
Culture, Kitten, and Rose - I can't express how much it means as a new poster when you recognize my effort to participate in threads that often have long time followers who have known each other for years/in real life (even if it is just saying hi or recognizing that I posted at all smile.gif). You have all in some way or another made me feel welcome even if I was intimidated to participate. I truly want to get to know the ladies on this board because as I have said before - in my day to day life many of my girlfriends are not all that interested in discussing much of what I take an interest in on this board. Thanks again!
Persiflager
Thanks to everyone who posts in the small boobie thread for creating a haven of body positivity despite the crap they've had to put up with from other people. I occasionally lurk there, and I always come away feeling wonderful about myself and other women. As it's now Advent, goodwill to all women (and their breasts)!
yuefie
I <3 all of you outrageously rockin' Queen Bee's around here. That goes for BUSTies old and new. wub.gif
roseviolet
Thanks, coffeebean! wub.gif

The members of this community mean so much to me. You've become family to me. It saddens me that recent events are proving to be the last straw for so many of you. However, I want you all to know that I fully support your decision & I wish you all great happiness, whether you're still meandering about The Lounge or not.

[lays out a tray of mimosas and lebanese iced tea, then blows a thousand kisses as she skips out of the thread]
sybarite
RV, are we out of the lesbian iced tea, then? wink.gif

Loving the resurrection of the capitalism thread and impressed by the quality of dialogue there; way to go where angels fear to tread!
stargazer
Much love to Lily_Anne! I know what you posted in the depression thread was intended for another bustie, but, it allowed me to forgive myself for 1 event in my life that I've been continually beating myself up over. I thank you immensely for that post. wub.gif
Persiflager
Thanks to anarch for her thoughtful, eye-opening, intelligent and above all gentle posts regarding race in the 'Busties of colour', white privilege and feminist outrage threads - I have no idea how you stay so calm, but I suspect it comes from practice!
angie_21
I agree with persi, love and respect to anarch and all the thoughful and intelligent busties in the F-Word forum this week!
anarch
Damn. I knew I should have gotten in here earlier to offer my gratitude to everybody involved in those threads. auralpoison, stargazer, ketto, Persiflager, foryoursplendor, bob4both, these kinds of exchanges build my faith in people and the world back up. What are we if we can't work through issues and connect with each other?

aural, I read bob's first comment and clicked away because I had no idea had to begin to address it constructively. Reading your reply and everybody else's let me figure out what I wanted to say and how.

Persiflager, the practice was from spending way too much time at metafilter, which has a full complement of obnoxious, aggressively ignorant asses. However, there are a lot of intelligent thoughtful people there too, so one person doesn't bear the brunt of it. Usually, like here, I often see somebody's remark that annoys me or floors me with its aggressive ignorance, and I'll go away for a while to decide whether to say anything and what, and then when I come back, somebody else has already voiced my concerns, better than I would have.

Love for you all!
deschatsrouge
I'd just like everyone to know how great Stargazer is. She is a flashlight in this pitch black world.
stargazer
Aw. Thanks Deschatsrouge! smile.gif

QUOTE(anarch @ May 17 2010, 08:12 PM) *
Damn. I knew I should have gotten in here earlier to offer my gratitude to everybody involved in those threads. auralpoison, stargazer, ketto, Persiflager, foryoursplendor, bob4both, these kinds of exchanges build my faith in people and the world back up. What are we if we can't work through issues and connect with each other?

And kudos to you too, Anarch!

I would like to thank bob4both for his willingness to be open to reading what us other posters had to say and being responsive. Pure class!
auralpoison
Firstly, big ups on the conversations in the F-word awhile back. I didn't show the most grace, but it's such a personal issue for me that it was hard to be objective. And well, we all know I am about as delicate as a sledgehammer to the pre-frontal cortex.

I would like to be offering my sincerest love to the foodies that still lurk around the Barefoot thread. I tried to start a new thread in the new place, but only one of you (Who responded here! Manwich!) was even interested. I really think food is something universal; it not only feeds the body, but the heart, the mind, & the soul. People that cannot see eye to eye on a lot of shit can often "break bread" together & even if it's just for that meal, put petty shit aside & share something sublime. You are all welcome at my table anytime!

But it is BYOB . . . I know how some of you bitches like to drink!
stargazer
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 11 2010, 07:35 AM) *
But it is BYOB . . . I know how some of you bitches like to drink!

Yes, me likes to drink. wink.gif
girltrouble
this one is for all the busties who have been here for a while, the ones here, and the ones who have left. i will never be able to tell me how much you've effected my life for the better, and made me a much better person (which is saying a fuck of a lot).

big ups to zoya... you are so f'ing awesome. come back for another visit, k? we need to go for dranks!

and always, huge thanks to doodlebug, who's kickassedness inspired me to find some of my own. give me a few years, and if you ever want me to give you a tattoo-- no matter how big or detailed-- it's on me. wub.gif
stargazer
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Jul 19 2010, 07:39 AM) *
this one is for all the busties who have been here for a while, the ones here, and the ones who have left.

Why do I feel like we should be drinkin' a 40 in a brown bag with this statement? blink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

GT, I'm glad to see you 'round these parts lately. Something about seeing your avatar again gives me warm fuzzies. wub.gif
girltrouble
i'ma pour some martini out for muh hommies. wink.gif
sybarite
That's more like it. *clinks glasses* I'm with Star(but no to the brown bag 40oz!), it's good to see you around here again GT.
girltrouble
thanks syb. aural's take on FB vs. the lounge slowly worked it's way into my brainsis. plus i miss some of the deep, nuanced conversations that used to take place round here... and many of the people, whose words of wisdom i don't get any other way... even friended on facebook. wink.gif
deschatsrouge
*Sips off a 40 oz in paper bag*

GT I love you so very much.
girltrouble
well i have one thing to say to you, deschats:
wub.gif

i should be layin' down the ill inkin' in about a year and a half, so if you are in my hood, i'd love to give you a tat. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.