Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "I bet I could bench-press you": the tiny girl thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3
knorl05
*double woo*
anonymoose96
Wow, this thread has been quiet a long time! i was just curious but can being anemic cause a person to be underweight despite eating all the time?
auralpoison
*bump*
crinoline
*waves* Hi tiny Busties!
I'm attending a good friends graduation this weekend and so I went shopping for a day suit or suitable dress. I must have tried on every dress in the stupid mall, and NOTHING fit me! It is absolutely impossible for me to find a well fitting sheath dress, because the torso is so long, and the straps stand up from my shoulders. Is it too much to ask that the petite department carry clothing that is appropriate for the under 50 set? And what ever happened to size PP? The smallest I could find was a 4P, and that just don't cut it, a strapless 4P falls right off of my stupid tiny boobs and ribcage.
And speaking of tiny ribcages, why do bra sizes stop at 32? It really sucks for those of us who have to slump over to the preteen department to find a bra that doesn't go over your head when you raise your arms. I'm not a thin person, I'm just small, I see girls much thinner than me and I wonder where they find bras with the proper bandsize. I feel like an entire group of women (tiny women) are being completely ignored by the fashion industry. Who are they making those mile-long pants for?
I brought an average height friend with me shopping, and she was amazed at how ill-fitting all of the regular clothing was on me. She said that she had no idea what a difference an inch of extra fabric in the waist makes. It makes the difference between sleek and well fitting and bunchy and loose fitting. I was so frustrated by the end of the (four hour) shopping trip that I was near tears. And I still don't have anything appropriate to wear. I am reduced to a casual sundress (my mother would hang her head in shame).

Anti-kvetch- I found AG Legend jeans in a consignment store in my (petite!) size for $20!!! I was so thrilled I've worn them for five days straight. The hems barely touch the ground, it's amazing!

I know this thread is kind of dead, but if anyone's still around, does anyone have any good resources for petite clothing?
stephanie_erin
i feel your pain.. i live near an outlet mall too so i get all the stuff that tiny girls don't grab when they're in regular stores.
i've had lots of luck at levi's.. and they ALWAYS make your butt look cute. even if it's flat, you'll find something there that adds shape.

as far as bras go.. i would say check lily of france. i used to have the underwire in my nipple problem ALL the time.. but theirs tend to not suck so much ass. smile.gif which i think is a plus.

for dresses and all that.. i'm at a total loss too. a lot of the stuff i end up finding is at forever 21, wet seal and h&m. i think they all have websites too.

hope that helps!
crinoline
Thanks!
I don't live near a forever21 or h&m, but I've seen the clothing online and it looks cute. I've had some luck with junior shops like that and junior brands like Free People (my saving grace in the mall with their tiny tops/dresses).
hmm lily of france, I'll check it out. I feel bad spending a lot of money on a bra when I don't need any support, but I looooove expensive lingerie (like Agent Provocateur).
vixen_within
I'm not teeny tiny, but small enough to feel your pain. I've been having good luck finding my dress proportions on ebay lately and have been going purchase mad as a result. I just get so excited to find my size. And it's cheap.
kristen
i never noticed this thread before. but hello i'm a tiny girl. if i have to hear one more person tell me i'm skinny. i want to be like yea well you have a fat ass or i also noticed i did not have a roll hanging over my pants and yes my boobs are where they are supossed to be. i dunno poeple think that its just ok to say damn your skinny. i would never walk up to some one and say wow your fat. they just dont get it. i know some of ya'll that really are skinny and not just small know what i am talking about. i'm 5"5' and dont seem to ever get over 105lbs. normaly i'm right at 100. i'm 23 so still a little young but old enough to not want to look like a bony twelve year old. i do have a pretty big chest though. my boyfriend is mexican and he english isn't to good and he is always saying i want to hug your bones and shit like that. i work at a restraunt and the whole kitchen calls me flaca. for those who dont know that means skinny. its ok coming from my boyfriend but for the rest of the world DON'T CALL ME SKINNY!!!
vixen_within
My boyfriend told me the other day "Hugging you is like hugging a pile of sticks." He meant it in a matter of fact way, not as an insult, and yet...
I make jokes about myself being able to hide behind a broomstick. In reality, I have a nice fat ass that kind of comes out of nowhere, everything else is rail thin though.
kristen
the jokes aren't so bad really but it usually with people i have been working with a long time. they say shit like flaca will get lost and i will cut them if i brush past them with my elbows and stuff. we do get to laughing. the thing i hate is when some one you hardly know says yea but your really skinny. it may be hard for me to find clothes but at lease when i do i'm not bursting out of them. i'm going shopping today.
crinoline
kristen- I realize that you're hurt / frustrated by people's thoughtless words, but your language is a little intolerant. "At least I don't have a fat ass/rolls" "At least I'm not bursting out of my clothes". I think the important thing is that there's room for all body types in this world. Beauty can come in small packages (haha!) or larger ones as well.
I'm by no means skinny, but I have a (tall, like you) friend who is, and she's very self conscious about it. Where I would love to have thin thighs, she hates hers and only wears long skirts / pants to cover what she thinks are "knobby knees". I think everyone is self-conscious about something.
It's easy for (insensitive) people to rag on skinny girls because they're currently the unachievable ideal. In the 1950s girls built like you would rag on girls built like Marilyn Monroe because they were the current ideal.
As for name calling, it's often done with affection, but it can still hurt. I hate being called "munchkin". My brothers will do this and then hold things out of my reach. And at the grocery store I hate it when people smile like it's cute or funny when I have to ask them to help me reach something on the top shelf.
good luck shopping!
kristen
my whole point with the fat things is not to rag on bigger people, its to make the point that its not any nicer to tell a stranger you are so skinny than it is to tell a stranger you are so fat. poeple who want to lose weight think the skinny thing is ideal never stopping to think that maybe the skinny people would like to gain a few pounds. and i notice that i get tons of jokes about being skinny and my bones sticking out and poking people but we never stand around and laugh about the fat girls. its not socially tolerated. i'm pretty skinny, i will never wear shorts in the summer because i hate my long bird legs and so on. the point is being to fat or to skinny is not good. everyone is trying to get to that happy medium. one day i hope to actually be able to fit into my fat pants. its all kind of ironic
vixen_within
I'm so tiny!
I've started to gain a little bit of weight, and it's making me realize how much I have invested in being the small girl. The reason that petite stature is dear to me is that it makes me feel special. It makes me unique, somehow, in a shallow way.
kristen
i'm not short i'm just very thin. and yes i like being small too. but i would like to look in the miror and see a little more shape. i have a pretty big chest but an ass would be so nice. a few more pounds and i will get there. but for sure being biult like i am has turned heads all my life.
i_am_jan
Hello, we meet again...though I wish it were under different circumstances. You see, I was at a family restaurant gathering (a la buffet?) and was addressed as "salad girl". By my older sister.

She says something about my body size each time we meet. She is very unhappy about her own weight, has vocally hated her body ALWAYS, fad dieting, starving, gaining and losing weight, etc.. I have a smaller than average body size. I would never point out aspects of her body, nor her weight, even though she happens to be very large, she's like, 5'9, 195 lbs? However, she always points out my size? and always in a negative way. I feel like saying "if you don't like the way you feel, fight the power, do something about it...why sit here and throw little paper airplanes at me? It hurts my feelings though. And I would like feel weird saying something back?! (Like...throwing a size comment back at her? that just sounds funny to me.) I sometimes wish I could bring myself to do it though. I do think she does her little schtick maliciously.
hellotampon
QUOTE(crinoline @ May 1 2008, 08:29 PM) *
And speaking of tiny ribcages, why do bra sizes stop at 32? It really sucks for those of us who have to slump over to the preteen department to find a bra that doesn't go over your head when you raise your arms. I'm not a thin person, I'm just small, I see girls much thinner than me and I wonder where they find bras with the proper bandsize.

I always wonder that too. My ribcage is NOT tiny. You know how on most girls the smallest part of the body is right under the bust? Not me. When I'm at my thinnest (not right now, haha), I look like a damn greyhound. And I still wear a 32. I'm small in an average way (short, not very hippy but not anything you'd notice), so I have no idea how actual tiny girls find bras. Like my sister. She's small and skinny as a rail. But she's flat-chested so I guess band size isn't that important because she doesn't need the support like I do.
i_am_jan
Hm, interesting info. on the bra selection. Hey, I know what ya mean having to shop from the little girls section though!

Does anyone else dislike the name of this thread? TINY girls. (As opposed to what, HUGE girls?)

Someone mentioned previously she didn't care for the word "skinny" either. Now that she's mentioned it, neither do I.

What's a better term? Could it be: person of size? Perhaps that's a term that would bridge the gap between us and larger girls...make it more obvious that we all have the SAME issues...our sizes are different, we look different...extra small should be respected as well as extra large?
snow white
ok, i am reserecting this thread b/c i just watched vh1's 20 skinniest celebs and it got me going. it seems most of the girls on the show were 5'7" and 100lbs and i'm 5'9" at 115lbs. i look exactly like them! while it may be glam to be super skinny in movies i get shit up and down for it in real life. of course this whole show was devoted to ripping these girls a new one too. where is with the animosity coming from towards skinny girls???????
Persiflager
On the subject of bras, you can get back sizes 28 and 30 if you shop online (I wear a 30F so have no hope of being able to shop on the high street). I go to Bravissimo and Figleaves. Bravissimo is aimed at big-boobed ladies but I think it has all sizes - I know both sites have 28s and 30s.

I also have a tiny bottom and am very fond of it biggrin.gif ! Though I did find it embarrassing when my nieces were toilet-training and my mum would raid my knicker drawer for spares to borrow.....
Allison-Shine
I'm 5'3" 114-115. It was a struggle to get a little bit of "womanly curve" but through exercise and eating a more nutritious diet (protein, etc.). I managed to get better definition in my hips, butt and thighs. I am still a slender thing but am not "waifsh" anymore. Alas though, it did not help my bustline. I'm 23 and have been a 32B since 18.
hellotampon
I'm wondering where everyone shops for petite dresses... cheap ones. Like Target prices.
girl_logic
HT do you mean petite sizes or just smaller sizes? Not sure if you live in a big city where there'd be one, but I go to the China Town in mine for petite and smaller dresses and bras.
Allison-Shine
Ever try outlet malls? I don't know your age or size but I have success at outlet malls. Petite Sophisticate is fine but it is more dressy stuff. Maybe Rue21 or HMV when they have sales. I find TJ Maxx and Marshalls to be hit and miss at times but you can strike gold if your timing is good.
crinoline
yes to TJ Maxx and Marshalls, sometimes it's all crap and sometimes it's treasure.
I live in a not so big city and there are not many sources for petite clothing, especially at low prices.

HT - I have worn Old Navy children's clothing, which fit my PP body surprisingly well, and it's very cheap!
Allison-Shine
QUOTE(crinoline @ Apr 1 2009, 02:47 PM) *
yes to TJ Maxx and Marshalls, sometimes it's all crap and sometimes it's treasure.
I live in a not so big city and there are not many sources for petite clothing, especially at low prices.

HT - I have worn Old Navy children's clothing, which fit my PP body surprisingly well, and it's very cheap!

I was going to mention Old Navy but I dind't know how teeny-tiny some of the posters were, LOL
hellotampon
I'm 5'3", fairly thin, but I have big boobs so I can't fit into children's sizes. Every dress I try on is an awkward length. And the straps and armholes and what-have-yous are too long. Like I tried on a sleeveless dress the other day that actually fit in the bust and the waist, but it came down to my calves, so it looked "off." And it was an XS. I looked on the website to see if they have sizes for short people and saw the same dress on a model and the hemline was over the knee and it looked so much cuter. Now I know that I'm no model but still...
ketto
Is that at Old Navy, tampon? I get really annoyed with them because they definitely vanity size. I'm usually a small but I always have to wear xxs at old navy. I had the same thing happen recently with the dresses, seems like you need to be at least 5'5 for them to hang right.
ketto
Is that at Old Navy, tampon? I get really annoyed with them because they definitely vanity size. I'm usually a small but I always have to wear xxs at old navy. I had the same thing happen recently with the dresses, seems like you need to be at least 5'5 for them to hang right.
hellotampon
No this was at Target, but I've had the same problem in pretty much every store I've ever been to.
strawberry_love22
There's a lot of places in the mall where you can buy cheap dresses. I'm 5'3 and I shop at forever21 and Macys for clothes/dresses. They're really cute and inexpensive. It should fit you real good. smile.gif
girl_logic
HT, maybe you should look towards getting affordable dresses tailored locally. Dry Cleaners sometimes have this service at affordable rates, and you could try your local craigslist too for seamstresses. Shortening hems like on that dress you liked shouldn't be too crazy expensive. Should it?
Aithinne
OMG I had no idea this forum existed!! I was hanging out in the small boobie support group! But my body issues are much more than just having a small chest. I'm also very thin and not very curvy. 5'2", 110 lbs, and 34B. I've experienced the same comments of ridicule for thin women as well as you other ladies. Annoys the hell out of me. This is my natural body type, and I don't gain weight no matter how much I eat. It seems like these days people are bashing thin people to boost larger people (as if all women who are thin are that way because they have an eating disorder...riiiight). It just seems like a bully tactic.

My whole life I've thought the more volumptuous women were the most beautiful, the most womanly shaped and sexy. Meanwhile I'm over here with very little curves and feel like an adolescent. These days it seems like whenever you ask men what type of bodies they like for women, it's always the curvy girls. I almost feel like they don't feel they can say they like thin women because they might be considered to be shallow and mean. But then, I feel bad because my whole life I've thought no one would want me because I didn't look feminine or curvy. I just wonder if there are men out there who would be attracted to me because of my petite-ness, be attracted to me even though I wasn't curvy. I've never felt that womanly or that attractive because of my natural body type, and that is sad.

And don't even get me started on that movie "Real Women Have Curves" UGH!!! The movie is good, but the title pisses the hell out of me... to oblivion. So what, AM I NOT A REAL WOMAN? Give me a break!! That just reaffirms every insecurity I have about being thin: you're not womanly, not feminine, therefore you are not beautiful or sexy and no man is ever going to want you unless he's a pedofile. GRRRRR. Why is my body type so unacceptable, and why do people feel that they have permission to comment to me about it? I have NEVER commented to a larger woman about her size. EVER. It is so inappropriate and rude, regardless of body type.

It also seems to me like if you talk about your small size with other people and try to discuss how it could make you have self-esteem problems to be so thin, they look at you like you're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about. You're just a 'skinny bitch' for having a single problem with your supposed "perfect" size. They are completely baffled as to how a thin woman could be insecure and have no interest in listening to the reason WHY. At least larger women do not feel like they cannot claim their status as WOMEN. They may or may not feel unattractive in their own skin, but at least they see themselves as WOMEN. I sometimes feel not only unattractive, but an unattractive BOY, or unattractive non-entity. I feel bad when women who are larger don't even want to listen to me, or even try to understand me. It makes me feel like because I have a certain body type, that I'm not worth empathizing with. And it's hurtful because I have always tried to understand and empathize with other people.

I would love to be pretty and curvy and womanly. But I'm not (according to social ideals) and it's not my fault. I shouldn't be ridiculed for it. The grass is always greener on the other side, but in reality, every natural body type should be appreciated and seen as attractive and womanly. Just because some of us aren't very curvy doesn't mean we're not 'real women'. *end rant*
anna k
(((((Aithnne)))))

I'm on the other side of the fence, a curvy girl of 5'4 and 130 lbs with triple-D-cup breasts. And I always wanted to be smaller, to not have big noticeable breasts and be thinner. And I assume when men say they like curvy girls it's more like thin girls with T&A, and I'm average-size, not thin but not fat either, in between.

I hated that movie title, too. The idea of being a "real" woman with an hourglass shape is just sexist and stupid, and a lazy way of thinking.

I get embarassed about my shape sometimes, not wanting to have big breasts or think that I look like a caricature of a woman sometimes. It's not always great to have big breasts or a curvy figure, especially if you take a ballet class or want to wear a cute dress and not have big tits stick out. Be proud of yourself, Aithinne, you sound really unique and interesting.
Aithinne
anna k, is that a picture of you? I've been wondering...

I guess the only thing to say is that different body types have different advantages and disadvantages. Women with my body type may be able to wear certain styles of clothing, but dang it is frustrating when you can't fill things out. So it just depends on the kind of clothing you're talking about, as to which body type fits it better. On the other hand, curvy ladies always look womanly, so really, there is no body type that is 'better', which is a horrible thing to say anyway. Regardless of looks, no one is better than anyone else.

I've actually noticed that guys go for women who may not be considered thin either. So they may like thin girls with T&A, as you say, but I think they also notice the not so thin girls too, average women, really. From this side of the line, it seems like they like women who aren't on the thin side, but I'm sure that the curvier girls would refute my statement and explain their perspective of men's behavior. So, who knows really? I guess I don't really know what they like cuz I'm a chick. But I know what I'd go after if I was a guy, and it would definitely be the curvier girls, the beyonce types.
anna k
No, that's Anna Karina, the Danish actress, in the picture, hence where my name came from. My pictures are in the Say Cheese thread.

I don't always know what guys want either.
Aithinne
Oh, I was going to comment on how much I liked the picture!

What are you going to do with men, eh? *shrugs* LOL.
snow white
is there a an IBS/Crohn's disease/UC thread around here? it seems like more and more ppl i know have one of the above.

i have UC and have been having alot of complications from it this year, it's been a rough year. i just got out of the hospital 2 weeks ago and i've lost even more weight. i feel like crap about myself and just kinda want other ppl to bitch with... i've been trying to eat donuts and stuff like that to gain some weight.

i'm not looking forward to summer of "don't you eat?" comments, like one i just got from a co-worker recently, which totally floored me b/c i'm a nurse, and so is this woman. nice...

le sigh sad.gif
auralpoison
We do have archives, Snow White. In the future, I suggest you start there or the Forum if you have questions about possibly pre-existing threads. I bumped the tummy ills thread for you.
snow white
thanks smile.gif
crinoline
for all the petite Busties: I just found a shopping site that has asian (Japan, South Korea) clothing. The sizing is much smaller than American, look at the measurements. I'm hoping that this can be a new source of cheap, cute, contemporary petite clothing!
Yes Style
snow white
i just had a cheeseburger from mcdonalds and it was so GOOD! seriously. i am trying to gain weight which leads me to a diet of donuts and fast food, which everyone tells me is so bad for me, and them i do get sick of it and end up going overboard on cream of wheat and consequently losing some weight again to which everyone says, eat a cheeseburger! *sigh*

but it was so good, i just want to say that! smile.gif
foryoursplendor
hey snow white, that sounds YUM! I would really like some mcdonalds right about now... ahh, a mcflurry sounds perfect.
thirteen
QUOTE(crinoline @ Apr 19 2009, 11:06 AM) *
for all the petite Busties: I just found a shopping site that has asian (Japan, South Korea) clothing. The sizing is much smaller than American, look at the measurements. I'm hoping that this can be a new source of cheap, cute, contemporary petite clothing!
Yes Style

Many thanks for this information-- I am a petite woman (5'3", 98 lbs.) and have a tough time finding clothes that both fit and are sophisticated & pretty. Also the clothing at Yes Style is quite affordable-- hooray! An additional plus is that I can buy online and thus avoid going to the mall, which is usually quite a harrowing experience!
DarknessbUnnie
First time poster but I've visted this place for years and now feel the need to get something off of my chest once and for all.

I'm a tiny girl too but within that, I'm a tiny girl within the black community, community that seems to love to hang onto the sterotype that all minority women MUST be of one size to be deemed 'black' and in this case, that size is plus...which I am not.

This...just burns me from the inside out because looking from where I am, I do feel like the oddball out. I really do feel like I am the only black woman in my city with AA breast and a weight of only about 110 pounds or so. (I don't know really. I don't own a scale because I don't really care) I get all sorts of comments about the way I look, about how I shouldn't give in to the 'white standard' (which makes me want to pound my head against a wall) or have complete strangers 'pray to god for my weight' Really, its wearing my nerves down because...well, I really have no other place to vent besides the lounge. If I were to complain elsewhere or just out in the open, I wouldn't get such a, well, an understaning ear I guess.

And the thing is, I really wish people, especially women and minorities, would just drop this 'mah weight is better dan yours' shit because its not helping ANYONE. I mean, what is so empowering and productive about tearing someone down because of their weight, big or small?

I don't know. It just makes me wonder if some of these people acting like this really hear themselves. Why can't I just live my life comfortably without having someone else tell me that I am not living up to the norm of what is deemed 'right'? Why have we let ourselves becoming so indludged in being 'different' that when we are different from our own 'rules' we are suddenly outcast? Really, I have had a bad day and it doesn't get any better when while walking through the book store, I saw this...even though its been out for like forever right?

[img]http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/14620000/14624979.JPG[/img]
http://books.simonandschuster.com/9780743244565

Can't we all just get along? sad.gif
thirteen
Darkness-- I completely sympathize with you & am sorry that you are not being accepted for something that is entirely out of your control... and a perfectly lovely way to be, besides. There is nothing wrong with you, and do not let anyone convince you that there is. Ever.

Though I am very petite, my treatment has been admittedly different since I am of Russian descent and small size is seen as par for the course in those with a Slavic background. Still, I get extremely frustrated by all those ridiculous people saying that the only "real" women are the ones with curves-- and what's worse is that if you complain to a woman of "average" or "plus" size, she will often give you the most frosty look on the planet, or at least make some little joke that is impossible to respond to. We are all just going around in circles... and wasting our precious time.

People need to get over appearances, honestly, but I doubt that will ever happen. What truly matters is what is inside, in the soul. What matters is that you live your life with integrity, that you have compassion and honesty and learn as much as you are able to during your stay on Earth. That is what makes a person "real"... no matter what her shape may be.

I cannot stand those who need to mock others and minimize their pain (or at least discomfort, anyway) in order to feel happy and to vent. I mean, it hurts to be treated like you are not womanly or sexual or desirable just because you have a small bum and small breasts and are short. Sometimes I feel as if there is some revenge being taken out on us, as society has become more accepting of larger women.

Why cannot women of all types be respected at the same time? Or is that too tough for our narrow-minded world?

Everyone on this planet of every size is capable of feeling sadness and deserves to be treated kindly, but our society is so toxic now that empathy and intelligence are becoming awfully rare indeed.
angie_21
Hey guys, I just started reading this thread and haven't gotten very far back yet, but I just wanted to say hi. I've been on both sides of the fence in my life (was bugged a lot about being skinny in high school, now I think I'm average even if my BMI says I'm dangerously bordering "overwieght" pfft. what a load of crap). But I will say that a ot of things were easier when I was too skinny than they are now when I'm too "fat."

Anyways, I wanted to comment on what was said a little ways back, that guys say they like curvy girls but what does that mean anyways. In my experience, it's something guys say when they want girls to think they are open minded and nice. It doesn't mean a whole lot of anything. Or sometimes, it might mean, "I like girls who like to show off their bodies," or even "please don't go on a diet because I hate when girls do that and then glare at me for eating a hamburger." Sometimes unfortunately it just means "I like big ole titties." Doesn't matter, a lot of guys prefer skinny girls, it all balances out in the end, especially because mostly, guys just like girls who are willing to go out with them. No matter what we look like, we still have the power, I wish more girls realized that!
stereotypical
At 25 and 5'3", I just hit the 100lbs mark last year.

As much as I hated the comments about my weight and people assuming I had an eating disorder (most recently my new doctor) it has become such a huge part of my identity that when I'm not the smallest in the group, I'm lost.
sillygrrl
I can't stand when people tell me they will feed me or ask what I eat. Would they ever say that someone who is overweight? Absolutely not, so why is it OK to say those things to me?

After watching me devour a dessert one night, my ex said I was the skinniest fat girl her ever met. 5'3", 95 pounds and I can eat like a 14-year-old boy sometimes. He used to bench press me too hahaha
Allison-Shine
QUOTE(sillygrrl @ Jul 21 2009, 05:01 PM) *
After watching me devour a dessert one night, my ex said I was the skinniest fat girl her ever met. 5'3", 95 pounds and I can eat like a 14-year-old boy sometimes. He used to bench press me too hahaha

Well, you certainly belong in this thread then, lol.

Like you and stereotypical, I'm 5'3" as well and have filled out more since my teen years, I'm 115 now. I was 100-108 in high school/early college.

I have never been bench pressed surprisingly, hahaha. But my 16 year old sister lifted me up as I held her hands and balanced my feet on hers as she raised me up, she's a good 20 pounds on me and got pretty strong in the past few years. Doesn't always take a guy to lift me either.
thirteen
QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Jul 21 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Well, you certainly belong in this thread then, lol.
Like you and stereotypical, I'm 5'3" as well and have filled out more since my teen years, I'm 115 now. I was 100-108 in high school/early college.

I have never been bench pressed surprisingly, hahaha. But my 16 year old sister lifted me up as I held her hands and balanced my feet on hers as she raised me up, she's a good 20 pounds on me and got pretty strong in the past few years. Doesn't always take a guy to lift me either.

Though I have not ever been bench pressed either, I get lifted up quite a bit by my friends (male and female alike)-- one of whom recently locked himself out of his house and asked me to come over and climb through a high-up window, so I could unlock the door from the inside. It was funny because perhaps 5 minutes before he got locked out, he had picked me up and couldn't believe how easy it was to do.

I used to be uncomfortable with people lifting me up, grabbing my "bony" wrists, calling me tiny and cute. In elementary school I was always the shortest and lightest one in the class & had to sit in the front row for our class picture or else you could not see me! Until I was 18 or so I was 5'1", maybe 5'2", and then slowly inched up to 5'3", where of course I'm staying (being almost 26 years old). My weight has steadily remained at under 100 lbs.-- 97 or 98-- and it drives me insane when people ask if I have anorexia, because I eat normal portions, very healthy food, and I am small but not sickly-looking!!

Now I've really embraced being petite & see there is nothing to be ashamed of; it's a beautiful thing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.