Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Really Fucking Wierd Crushes
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
sassygrrl
David Sedaris and Tom Robbins.
duplessix
Anna K: I used to dream about Belzer as Munch all the time... I was watching reruns of Homicide regularly and for some reason he just crept into my dreams. We went to an urban fair in one. Funny, 'cuz in reality I dug Andre's character much more. Anyway, my husband saw Belzer on the street and panicked, thinking of something to say. All he said was "You do great work." To which Munch said, "Thank you." Very solemn and so fitting, I thought.

My crushes right now seem to be more fictional in nature. Like I fall in love with fictional characters. Recenlty I crushed on the 2 Victorian girls in "Fingersmith." I also have some reality crushes on Tama Janowitz, Lene Lovich, Justine Frischmann, Juliette Binoche, Jeanne Moreau, and Nikki de Saint Phalle. But they're more butterflyish in the tum than sexual, I suppose.

oh, and yeah, Roger Daltry. But only with long hair and chains and heeled boots. None of that modern bloke stuff for me. the 70's were such a sexy period for the right kind of man... but voices I'd like to romance? got to be the girl's from cocteau twins. bar none.
mouse
QUOTE(duplessix @ Sep 13 2006, 05:42 AM) *

voices I'd like to romance? got to be the girl's from cocteau twins. bar none.

oh, hear hear!!!!!
lunia666
Mike Rowe from TLC dirty jobs hotttttttttttttttttt
anna k
duplessix, I like Jeanne Moreau a lot. Much more than Catherine Denueave, who gets all the love from fashion magazines. Despite being proud to share a birthday with her, I always thought she was prissy and boring. Jeanne was petulant and gorgeous when she was young, and has an otherworldliness now at nearly 80.

My aunt told me I resembled Juliette Binoche. I don't see it, but it was a nice thing for to say. My aunt also speaks French and married a Frenchman, so Juliette may have been on her mind when she saw me.

I liked Melissa auf der Maur a lot when I was a teen. I thought she was gorgeous and ethereal.
duplessix
QUOTE(anna k @ Sep 13 2006, 05:50 PM) *

duplessix, I like Jeanne Moreau a lot. Much more than Catherine Denueave, who gets all the love from fashion magazines. Despite being proud to share a birthday with her, I always thought she was prissy and boring. Jeanne was petulant and gorgeous when she was young, and has an otherworldliness now at nearly 80.

My aunt told me I resembled Juliette Binoche. I don't see it, but it was a nice thing for to say. My aunt also speaks French and married a Frenchman, so Juliette may have been on her mind when she saw me.

I liked Melissa auf der Maur a lot when I was a teen. I thought she was gorgeous and ethereal.

Oh, my. I would LOVE to be compared to Juliette. The closest I ever got was being told I had an old-fashioned face. I hope it was compliment!
I saw her in a play and couldn't believe she was right there. I kept saying, "I'm watching Juliette speak. I'm watching her sit. And so on..." She's so timeless. Especially in "Damage" and "Blue." So french and classic. I always thought Catherine Deneuve and Brigitte Bardot were just ok. They're pretty but I don't get inspired by them. I've always been partial to brunettes, anyway and Jeanne Moreau (those big eyes!) was so mysterious and literary-seeming.

sassygrrl
Your husband met Munch! Not fair. One of my exs ran into Jerry Orbach, and almost freaked the fuck out. And could just manage to say: You're great on the show. Which is what Jerry said, Thanks. My ex said he just seemed like such a normal dude.

I so need to go buy Heaven or Las Vegas this weekend!! smile.gif

doodlebug
Upon first quick scan of the thread, I thought you were talking about Robert Munsch. Though I did develop a wee crush on him (as an adult) after reading The Paper Bag Princess. I never really wanted to do him, though. smile.gif
sassygrrl
Ha!

In a strange way, Adam Arkin. I guess b/c I've been watching Northern Exposure too much, and he comes from such a great acting family....

yuefie
Um, I crush on Andy Richter. and I wish he would come back to Conan, at least when he comes out to LA to take over the Tonight Show for moon face.

Oh and Max Weinberg. And even La Bamba. Hell I think I have a crush on the whole band.

Those are weird, right?

I love Conan too, but more in you're my friend that always cracks my shit up sort of way.

sassygrrl
Heh. I have a crush on that whole show... smile.gif
mamachi
i was eleven and there he was dancing on a checker board floor in all his big haired shoulderpadded glory. my first celebrity crush : rod stewart. i'm still not completely over it. sigh.
doodlebug
House.
herculesgirl
Oh HELL YEAH on Max Weinberg. Especially when he wears that sharp pinstripe suit. DAY-YAM.
yuefie
Oh yeah, the pinstripes. I'd like to ravish Max and then have him do my taxes wink.gif
sassygrrl
Yummy.
sunshine
The Red Headed Stranger for being a hell raiser in his 70s. Busted not only with pot but with mushrooms, too!
sillygrrl13
Bumping this thread up by once again confessing my huge crushes on Jason Lee, Dave Grohl & Denis Leary.I adore them, oh yes I do.
anna k
Watching Columbo reruns and thinking, "I wanna marry a man like that someday."
sassygrrl
Seeing Lewis Black on Saturday made me crush on him very much so....
Seeing him on Daily Show is one thing, but live was much different. No, I wouldn't want to fuck him, but he'd be a great guy to get a beer with. And so damn smart. Hell, my boy even crushes on him. smile.gif

I'm with sillygirl on the Denis Leary crush. Yummy.

anna k
When I was in high school, I had an English teacher who looked like a cross between Lewis Black and Tom Waits. He was sharp and funny and talked to me like I was an adult. I had a crush on him, and hoped I would end up with a man like him someday.
sassygrrl
Look him up. smile.gif
pinkpoodle
Max Weinberg is totally crushworthy. That dude is ripped underneath his suit. And Conan? Well, that goes without saying.

Tom Waits was totally hot in the old days.
anna k
He was married and in his fifties at the time. Way too old for me. smile.gif
pinkpoodle
Who? Tom Waits? He was in his 20's during the hot years (mid-70's). He's in his late 50's now.
anna k
No, my English teacher. Sassy was telling me to look him up now that I'm past the high school age.
sassygrrl
Ah gotcha. I had a hot English teacher once in high school. He's probably in his early 40's now. smile.gif
herculesgirl
Sean Hannity. He fits in so PERFECTLY with my strap-on...
stargazer
the actor who plays lex luther on smallville. my mom got me into this show.

my fascination with bald headed men really needs to stop... blink.gif
pinkpoodle
Oh hercules, I've had the same feelings for Hannity, but I always come to my senses the second he opens his mouth. He's not too shabby looking though--for a republican.
katiebelle2882
its always such a shame about republican men bc in the looks dept i think they far outdo most grungy hippy dippy way too skinny democrat men but once they open their mouths...forget about it.
sassygrrl
Stargazer, yet another reason we get along! So in lust with Lex on Smallville. I blame one of my crazy exs that got me into that show. Hot damn! smile.gif

And adding to the bald man list, Andre B from Homicide....

auralpoison
See, it's weird. I only find Michael Rosenbaum attractive when he's Lex Luthor. With hair & lacking that whole supervillain thing, not so much.
sassygrrl
See. me too. I have seen him in a few movies when he's not playing Lex, and I wasn't too hot for him.
crazyoldcatlady
dude, it's totally his bald head.

men, if you're listening: going bald? just shave it all off and give Cat Lady a call wink.gif
auralpoison
Don't forget the potential for super villainy! He's a hot, bald, bad boy. I just want to rub my boobies on his pate.
sassygrrl
Damn straight!
pho#1
jason schwatzman-is that weird?
stargazer
AP~hot, bald, bad boy...sounds like the men i date! smile.gif yeah, i saw pics with him with hair. cute. but hawt without hair.
sassygrrl
Schwatzman. But only in Rushmore for some reason.

"These are OR scrubs."

"Oh. ARE they?..."

I heart that movie.
pho#1
seeing him in Spun is what did it, even though he's a disgusting meth head.

i must admit mickey rourke as "the cook" made a damn fine cowboy in that movie.
"i can smell the snail trails all over the store" LOL

sassygrrl
Need to netflix Spun now. smile.gif Have you seen I Heart Huckabees yet? Pretty cute in that.
pho#1
Huckabees, very cute indeed!
let me know how you like Spun.
bunnyb
Dirk Benedict (Face from The A-Team) blink.gif
sidecar
Christopher Eccleston. Yes, Doctor Who. He's all angles and big ears and so not my type ... but he's really doing it for me these days.

bunnyb
I heard he's going to be in an episode of Heroes. I prefer the newer Doctor Who, David Tennant.
zoya
I totally have a crush on David Spade. I love little funny guys.
I also have a crush on Bill Mahr. I'm a sucker for political funny guys as well.

I'm such a nerd.
auralpoison
Zoya, I really wonder about you sometimes! David Spade!?!

Weird. I totally liked Eccleston better as the Doctor. He posessed a delightfully manic masculinity that totally turned my crank. Tennant is too much of a nebbish for my tastes.

Oh, Ian Hart, I had forgotten just how much I love you, but you are on my TV & it makes me so happy...
curioushair
*Bump*

(I've always liked this thread.)

Joel McHale from The Soup
crazyoldcatlady
yessss! i loved this thread, i'm glad it's back, misspelled title and all. confessing my love for andrew zimmern of bizzare foods just wasn't the same when i was doing it in the "starfucker" thread....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.