Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey fat Ass! Why is sizism still an acceptable prejudice?
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
auralpoison
Why are there are assholes like Debbie Schlussel that are just plain NASTY? I'm not gonna lie, Gabby had her moment, but it's unlikely that she's going to continue to have a *full* career as an actor unless it's indie (Precious) or cable (the Big C) because of her weight. She'll be the fat & sassy friend character (Yelling To the Sky). But that Schlussel person is just fucking Satan about it. And it looks like most of Schlussel's own photos have photoshopped her double chin out, so she's not a petite flower her own damned self.
anarch
Egads, that's one hell of an out-and-out bitchy post Schlussel wrote. Certifiably gratuitously nasty.
angie_21
"only because the hypocritical, usual Hollywood types felt bad for this fat chick the way they’d never feel bad for a wounded American soldier in Iraq or a victim of Islamic terrorism"

huh... what?? where the f*ck did terrorism suddenly come from? big brother in the kitchen? the inner thoughts of a madwoman. Sometimes there are reasons the internet never should have been invented, I can't believe these kind of crazy people have little soap-boxes to spew their bile to the rest of the world.
auralpoison
QUOTE(angie_21 @ May 25 2010, 11:44 AM) *
"only because the hypocritical, usual Hollywood types felt bad for this fat chick the way they'd never feel bad for a wounded American soldier in Iraq or a victim of Islamic terrorism"

huh... what?? where the f*ck did terrorism suddenly come from?

This is one of my pet peeves about political punditry. The way people can & WILL bring their crazy schtick into ANYTHING. There was a Lewis Black bit on TDS a week or two ago that basically showed how Glenn Back could work the Nazis into goddamned near anything.
ketto
That article was really horrible, I had a hard time reading it.
stargazer
Um. Wow. At least, I felt gratified that most of the comments were negative towards the author. I have said it once and I will say it again, Republicans, conservatives, make the worse arguments I've ever heard. They can only maintain sanity (if that is what you call it) for a minute before their speeches or diatribes dissolve into pure bully behavior with incompetent and incoherent speech to match.

And yes, AP, that woman had major photoshop retouching done. I've seen her on TV shows and she looks nothing like that.
deschatsrouge
I couldn't read her entire article. I had to stop. It was harshing my chi in a big way.

When I hear or see things like that I secretly give myself a little mental hug and say "I love you, you're just so wonderful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."
stargazer
Gabbi Gregg won a vote to be MTV's new Twitter Jockey. If you are not familiar with this fashionist, then you should visit her blog. She is adorable!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.