Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: friendship by degrees--a myspace and friendster thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
kittenb
I am beginning to worry that I am not smart enough for Facebook. I think I need some young person to stand over my shoulder and explain to me how The Internets work.
Anyway, I think you can find me here.
culturehandy
kitten, I'll add you when I get home.
hellotampon
I'm myspace.com/cleanmyfridge
deschatsrouge
I added you Damona, Kitten and Hellotampon. I like having new friends
missladyj
I am now officially on crackbook, uh I mean facebook. I would lurve some bustie friends. I go by Lady Jay in there. It is awfully addicitive.
missladyj
now that I am done being a dumb ass here is a link that will help you find me on crackbook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Lady_Jay/1395070790

I fingered it out! yeah for me
thirtiesgirl
Not that I'm trawling for friends... ok, yeah, I am... here's the deets:
myspazz
crackbook (although not so much crack for me, as I don't spent a whole lot of time there)
Livejournal
lastfm (where I hardly spend any time any more... it was fun for a while, but I still think my profile's cool)
mornington
I've added both of you - thirtiesgirl and ladyj - on crackbook, and will send you and invite to the bustie super-secret bunker...

if anyone else wants to join, pm me?
missladyj
awesome morn!!!
culturehandy
thirtiesgirl, I added you as a friend.
thirtiesgirl
Yay! Thank U ladies! Culturehandy, your avatar is cracking me up. Nothing like a dancing banana with a penis sign.
culturehandy
woohoo crackbook friends!!!

thirtiesgirl your quote made me laugh out loud. I read it on your crckbook profile. Absolutely fantastic.
octobersky
Hey, I'm on crackbook too! Thanks for adding me thirtiesgirl smile.gif and I put in a friend request for you missladyj.

It's under my real name, so if any of you want to friend me, just pm me with your crackbook name. I just don't feel totally comfy putting my real name on the forms since I'm a teacher.
deschatsrouge
May I add you as a friend on myspace Thirties? I added you as a friend on crackbook.
thirtiesgirl
Oh, totally, deschats! (Sorry, just read your post.) Strange as it may seem, I actually spend more time on myspace than facebook. I just find the myspace interface simpler.
missladyj
howdy, I sent a friend request for thirties girl and deschats.

octobersky, i am a teacher too so all my online adventures happen as misslady j. you can see what I mean even in my profile pic or if you look at my album.

crackbook is so appropriate. I was imming with an old roommate of mine for a hour and half last night. I like it better than myspace actually.
deschatsrouge
Thirties pm me with your info, you have your profile set to private.

I got your invite Lady J.
lilacwine13
Just to ask a stupid question about myspace, but is there a group for busties on it?

And in case anyone is interested:
here I am on myspace

(No facebook profile, maybe one of these days I'll get ambitious and create one)
Queen Bull
HOlA Busties.

Im sure youve seen me flitting around the forums and such and i likes new friends. so...

Myspace
'crack'book im the third one down. lol.

i, being a halted college kid, spend WAAAY to much time on both. lol. Feel free to add me, id love to get to kno yall a bit more. smile.gif

<3's
deschatsrouge
I friended you QB.
mornington
hokay... I know you guys have them - who want's to show me their blogs?

I'm having a poke and a prod at mine and thought I'd update the linkies with some good people...
deschatsrouge
If you really want to, here's my myspace blog.
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Aug 6 2008, 09:28 PM) *
Thirties pm me with your info, you have your profile set to private.

Done. (Oy vey, I am slow on the uptake sometimes. Apologies.)
deschatsrouge
I got nothin' but wub.gif for y'all
lananans
thirtiesgirl, ladyj and I added you to facebook! I looked for you QB, but I saw a lot of people in the search results from my school and I got confused. Didn't want to add some random by accident..

mornington - my blog is accordingtoalana.blogspot.com....

On facebook I am the third one down!
pollystyrene
I joined facebook...I'm still figuring stuff out on there, but I noticed that people's pages keep track of when that person added friends and stuff- they can't keep track of who views their profile, can they?

ETA: I'm trying to customize the privacy settings- what's the difference between able to view profile, personal info or basic info?
culturehandy
Polly, they don't keep track of that, on the privacy settings it goes into that.

The privacy settings show want you want available to whom. They have write ups about it in the privacy settings page. At least I think.
freckleface7
is there an established way to tell people you know irl (like 'netiquette I guess) that you don't want them at your page?
the mr & I have a myspace, but we did it to look for old Army friends that we've lost touch with over the years, and it's set to Private bc we don't want all that 'own whatever' crap stuff on there bc we're, you know, like OLD.

I mean, I know we can just not accept a friend request, or ignore it or whatever, but is there a better, more tactful way of handling things? ignoring seems so passive agressive.
deschatsrouge
Freckle, When you turn down their friend request i think you can send them a note. I'm not positive, about that, so check myspace. I know for a fact that you can block a user and send them a note.

I don't know if that'll help. Was that what you were looking for?
olivarria
Hi everyone! Here's my MySpace . I just went on an adding spree, feel free to add me too!.
pollystyrene
On facebook, is there a way to tell if any of your friends are members of a group you join? Or does it tell you that already somewhere? If it's a small group, you can just look through the member list, but I don't wanna do that for the big 3,000+ member ones.
zoya
freckle -

I just deny the request. fuck it. my profile is private and I only have people on it that I know IRL. I don't care if I deny someone, whatever. I find it to create more issues if I tell the person why. And if I don't even know them IRL, then what the hell do I owe them an explanation for? of course, this is assuming you dont' know them that well. If you kinda knew them you could just say what you said here about how you're only using the myspace for old army friends, if you feel better about telling someone you actually know why you're denying them.

bunnyb
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Sep 10 2008, 12:17 AM) *
On facebook, is there a way to tell if any of your friends are members of a group you join? Or does it tell you that already somewhere? If it's a small group, you can just look through the member list, but I don't wanna do that for the big 3,000+ member ones.

polly, I'm not sure if there's a way to tell from the actual group but if you go to somebody's profile and click "info" then it displays what groups they are a member of (except for the bust one as that's private).
freckleface7
QUOTE(zoya @ Sep 9 2008, 08:36 PM) *
freckle -

I just deny the request. fuck it. my profile is private and I only have people on it that I know IRL. I don't care if I deny someone, whatever. I find it to create more issues if I tell the person why. And if I don't even know them IRL, then what the hell do I owe them an explanation for? of course, this is assuming you dont' know them that well. If you kinda knew them you could just say what you said here about how you're only using the myspace for old army friends, if you feel better about telling someone you actually know why you're denying them.

this woman is an old Army friend/aqcuaintence (16 yrs), but she's a gossipy old biddy who seems to be constantly looking for more salatious fodder for her rumor mill. even tho our myspace page has only good stuff on it, I don't want her anywhere near it to nose around.

thank you deschat and everyone, I'll just go with Ignore & if she ever questions me about it, blame it on the mr.
I was pretty up front about not being all that active on there sinse the thrill has worn off but still have a hard time saying ' you! no way! ' face to face.
thepointybird
QUOTE(olivarria @ Sep 9 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Hi everyone! Here's my MySpace . I just went on an adding spree, feel free to add me too!.

I approved your add request yesterday!
Lilith
I know some of you have added us on myspace already (hi!) but Evil Slutopia has a facebook now too, so you can become a fan... (if you are a fan). wink.gif

Evilslutopia Facebook
olivarria
Thank you Pointybird! I'm so excited about all by new BUSTie friends!
stargazer
bump
knorl05
lilacwine and deschatsrouge .. your links didnt work. sad.gif at least not for me.. just took me to the sign in page.
lilacwine13
Maybe that's why nobody wanted to be my friend.

How about now?
stargazer
dood. i just sent ya a PM. i had trouble adding you and sending you a message via myspace. sad.gif
lilacwine13
I got both your pms, stargazer and knorl. Sorry about having things so messed up over there, I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to things like that. sad.gif
knorl05
it's understandable lilacwine.. there are a ton of features that take a minute to figure out. i'm still learning different ways to tweak my page because they're always adding new options. have fun. smile.gif
deschatsrouge
I'll try again, maybe it'll work.

the deschatsrouge myspace page
mouse
i have a facebook question....if someone "pokes" you, how long does that notification stick around? even if you reply/poke back? basically i'm trying to figure out if i was poked twice or whether the first poke just hung around for a couple days. there don't seem to be any dates attached to the poke notification, which is unfortunate, or any way to note whether you've already acknowledged it. i need to know whether i'm being rude by not responding to the (possible) second poke (from the same person).

OH INTERNET YOU ARE RIDICULOUS
lananans
It sticks around until you poke them back or ignore them. I agree, the internet IS ridiculous.
damona
do any of the myspace busties play the mobsters app? i try not to pester people with stupid games and apps unless i know they are interested...
mouse
wait but so if i poked them back and it was there again, does that mean it was a NEW poke the next day???>?
freckleface7
I joined facebook last night after getting an email from a friend in hs about our reunion, and it's addicting!!!

make me stop. somebody. tell me how stoopid all those quizes & things are?
pollystyrene
Yeah, it's completely addictive for the first few days....now I'm down to checking it twice a day....okay, maybe three. But more on the weekends.

I have a Facebook problem unsure.gif

My 10 year reunion is actually tonight (I'm not going) and I anticipate a lot of people from my high school joining after tonight. Or maybe un-joining after they're reminded how many assholes they went to high school with wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.