Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: friendship by degrees--a myspace and friendster thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
faerietails
Ooooo! How did I never see this thread?!! Okay, I've just attempted to join the BUST group. I'm donut_whore on myspace. My profile is also set to private right now, so just message me if you want to me to add you, since I usually deny people I don't know.
bettieblank
I have my sent on private because there is this weird girl who stalks comments between my friends and i and then she comments about our comments. It is weird.
kittenb
Is there a way on MySpace to hide what groups you are in?
Thanks!
cstars124
I think the only way to hide what groups you're in, is to not show them on your page. And I think you can change that under preferences. However, I don't have access to myspace at work, or else I'd check it for you. I'm sorry! Hopefully, this helps you out somewhat, though.
maddy29
hey, i just requested to be added to the bust group-i don't know who is approving but my name is madeleine....
faerietails
Re: hiding Myspace groups

Yeah, from your home page go to Account Settings, then go to Profile Settings. You can uncheck the box from there.
bettieblank
kittenb, there should be a way to hide them under edit profile or "my groups".
kittenb
Thanks all ! That worked perfectly.
I finally gave myself an actual MySpace screen name. You will find me as "geekglasses."
pollystyrene
I requested to add you as a friend, kittenb- feel free to do the same!
thepointybird
I just requested to join the Bust group! (Myspace username thefollicleoracle). Hurrah!
maddy29
i'm a little worried that some troll from here can go to my myspace page, knowing htat i'm on the bust myspace group....i have my real name up there and stuff, so that people can find me....what do you all think?
bettieblank
maddy,just put your profile on private. then when people friend request you, check them out. i havent had any problems and then when there is someone who annoys you just take them off of your friends list and block them.
laviniashort
hey everyone... i finally started using my myspace page - i'm sweetproserpina over there! add me if you feel like it. :D
bunnyb
okay, do we have a BUSTie myspace bunker for the weekend? I've just signed up and I can be found under bunnyboyler.
mornington
bunny, the group is here. There's another one here but it's a public group - so anyone can join. The first group is the one you want.
bunnyb
thanks mornington!
katiebelle2882
well, i am sure most have figured it out who have looked cause who i am is easy to figure out cause of my name but my profile is

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=325855 99

ginger_kitty
It seems like people have been really pissy on myspace lately. Some of the groups are so clique-y. If a group doesn't want new members, why don't they stop letting people join? You have to expect new people to want to discuss topics that may have already been talked about. I just feel like if it's supposed to be a place for friends why so much bickering in the forums? And some guy, I don't even know, sent me a private message that read: hey f*ck you. I have no freaking clue who the guy was, so the message had no real meaning. Seems like people over there are just looking for an excuse to tear into each other. I think they take advantage of the fact it's the internet and you don't have actual human contact. B/C in the real world people know better than to treat other like that. Sorry for the long rant........
agrolowla
Here's mine.

Oh, and I'm a newbie galore to the Bust "Lounge." ph34r.gif

mornington
gkitty, that sounds... freaky. can you block him?

I know what you mean about the group forums. I posted in one, saying "hi, i'm new, but I can answer your question" - and then my reply got torn apart by some little shrew. I don't bother posting anywhere 'cept the bust group now.

cheers for the add, katie! (and I added you, agro)
ginger_kitty
Okay, that same creepy guy sent me another message saying f*ck you, yesterday. I had blocked him, but it looks like he has a bunch of profiles under dif. names. The original profile that I blocked had been deleted. I asked him if I knew him, and he just messaged back f*ck you again. So I copied the messages and reported him to myspace. And I blocked all the profiles, the psycho uses. But it creeped me out all the same.
greenbean
katie and agro, just added yous.
good luck ginger, you know you can also set it where folks must know your email if they want to send a message...
mornington
anyone here called Pam? I got a friend request and I don't know who you are.
kendallina
www.myspace.com/ninegaugegirlie ... feel free to add me!
ms.gb
i just added you both agrolowla and kendallina...

mornington..have i told you how much i love your new photos? biggrin.gif
mornington
added you kendallina!

thank you ms gb (I keep trying msgoof and rewriting it tongue.gif ) Did you decide what to do with your hair?
zahia1996
Hi everyone! Just saw this thread so i sent a request to join the group. I'm Kristin on myspace. Very original, I know. smile.gif
sassypants
Just ogt a myspace account and the almost empty friends page makes me sad ..... feel free to add me smile.gif

http://www.myspace.com/dangerlauren

hugs!
knorl05
great new online community for inspired, creative, mindful types.... www.zaadz.com
sassygrrl
Just added a bunch of people from here on myspace. So, if you get a request from Jaime, that's me!
katiebelle2882
yay jaime is my friend!!!
sassygrrl
Yay!! So stoked to have new friends! smile.gif
missladyj
Hi all, I just started a band and we are on myspace. I need some friends! If you get a request from the Ditchpigs, thats me and my girl Suzy Sunshine. I sent a friend request to some of you. I am just starting to explore the whole myspace dealie.

http://www.myspace.com/ditchpigs
pollystyrene
((Nevermind- I'm PM'ing her!))
thepointybird
Hey - I have more of a technical question - does anyone know how I can insert a picture into a comment I want to leave for a friend on Myspace? Everyone else seems to know how, and I feel so left out! I'm crap with HTML stuff....
pollystyrene
Don't feel bad- my page is stark white because I don't get the HTML stuff either. I'm waiting for my sister to come over and show me how to do it.
yuefie
There are websites that have codes you can insert to leave comments, put graphics on your page, or change your background/layout. Here are a few to get you started: MyNiceSpace, MySpaceEdits, & Skize.com. You can find tons more by googling myspace code or myspace graphics.

edingirl
Hello I'm new to MySpace and Bust... I sent a request to join your forum

http://www.myspace.com/nicolahay

pollystyrene
Le boy's family is having a mini-family reunion in a couple weeks, so his mom wanted a picture of us. We finally got around to taking it and it turned out really well, so I posted it on my page. Enjoy!
mornington
I added you edingirl! (I'm mornington on there too)

mygen is a good site for layouts....

Does anyone else find themselves addicted to fiddling with thier page?

off to leave you a comment now, polly!

ginger_kitty
Okay, so I went on an adding binge and sent a bunch of friends requests out.

I have been lazy and not messed with my profile much lately.
edingirl
Thanks Mornington and Ginger Kitty... also thanks for the link to the pages that write the code for you... I was feeling kind of sad with my little white and blue page... now it has dots and everything!
bunnyb
add me, add me! not that I ever blog as it never posts when I get around to it...

oh yeah, I'm bunnyb there too smile.gif.

eta: actually, my name appears as that on profile but I may be bunnyboyler cos that appears in my url unsure.gif .
pollystyrene
I added you, bunny...just waiting for you to accept. smile.gif
bunnyb
I accepted you! I may have a blog once life is less hectic...
yuefie
Just here to MySpace whore myself once again, it's been a while rolleyes.gif

ginger_kitty
I heart myspace! Sometimes the gliches and bugs enrage me. But today an old friend from elementary school found me on there and made my day! I haven't talked to her for about 9 years so I was obviously psyched as hell when I logged on and saw a message from her earlier!
faerietails
*gasp* Yuefie, you've got my jam on your profile! I LOVE that song!

eh, why not? I'll whore myself, too. But I'll be renovating the page later tonight, so...yeah. cool.gif
stargazer
my friend ryan talked me into joining myspace.

i was on there before. deleted my account. rats. he talked me back on.

add me if you'd like. i like to be in the good company of fellow feminists.

http://www.myspace.com/msknowitall75
pollystyrene
I requested to add you as a friend, stargazer! Love the Aubrey Beardsley illustration!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.