Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tea Time... what are your favorite teas?
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
candycane_girl
I finally went tea shopping! I got some Egyptian chamomile, rooibos almond and vanilla. And one of my friends gave me a bit of the tea he bought, it was called Paris blend but I'm not sure what the brand was. I also got a little diffuser ball thing. I can't wait to have some tea!
ambersienna maria
as weird as it sounds, plain black tea has always had
a very calming effect on me.
even tho it has a lot of caffeine.
whenever i'm in a glum mood,
it gives me a super boost. comforting.
then i read in this magazine that it
actually has something in it, i don't
remember what, that calms you down.
and all that time i just thought i was crazy.

anyway, i lub me some green grapeberry tea.
hellotampon
I got some cheapie peppermint tea and one night my boyfriend left the cover off one of the things we keep all our tea in, and the next morning several of the peppermint tea bags were ripped up and strewn around the kitchen!

There are no ingredients. It just says "herb tea" in spanish on the side of the box, so I wonder if there's some catnip in it. Catnip is in the mint family, isn't it? Is it cheaper than peppermint?
bunnyb
I think catnip is from the mint family, hellotampon. I love peppermint tea and by far the nicest I've found is the Tazo Refresh tea (Starbucks sell it here and I buy the boxes whenever I have money to play with).

I bought some Yogi Chocolate Chai and it's yummy.
beautycastvixen
I love English tea....plain and simple. Coffee, I like to try lots of different kinds, but coming from a Scottish upbringing and having tea all the time, a plain cup of breakfast tea is just fine!!
EllaMinnowPea
I'm into chocolate tea and Refresh, BunnyB, but I think my all-time favorite is Moroccan mint by Stash Teas (from Trader Joe's). What a delicious house drink.
pepper
dragon pearl tea

in the cup, or glass as the case may be...

and check out this excellent tea pot i got at the thrift store for $2! it has a teeny hole in the lid handle to let out steam, looks like a little chimney, so cute!

faerietails2
That pot is adorable, pepper!

I always wanted to try dragon pearl tea, but it's so expensive! I will eventually... *sigh*
hellotampon
My favorite tea lately is green tea, echinacea, jasmine, and elderberry. The first 3 are bagged teas and I put the berries in a tea ball. Sometimes I throw some orange peels in there too. I make it in a big pot and just drink it all day with lemon juice and sugar.

I'm always hoping someone is going to buy me some fancy flower teas. There was some site linked in the ads on feministing that sold those teas and now I can't remember what it was.
Megnog
I always love peppermint tea....but here are a few other favorites. Good Earth original(yum!), Zhena's Gypsy- red lavendar.....anything with milk thistle....and rooibos also.
dextra
hmmm peppermint. And sleepytime.

Once I was having a pretty anxious time in my life and I bought some kava-kava tea... It was the weirdest tasting thing I'd ever had. Yuck. Got kava-kava pills instead, they were great. Then I read about kava-kava and liver disease and went in for chamomile, which is actually pretty tasty, and does wonders for your skin.
thenewrussia
My favorite tea is Velvet Tea from Aroma Tea and Leaf Cafe. It has chocolate, apple and mint.mmmmmmmmmmm
coela

I adore the pastis tea from my local tea shop,
and they also sell a very lovely chocolate & orange tea
with pink and blue sugar stars in it and call it Starry Night.
Oh, and their Rum tea! To die for.

hellotampon
QUOTE(dextra @ Feb 7 2008, 06:01 PM) *
hmmm peppermint. And sleepytime.

Once I was having a pretty anxious time in my life and I bought some kava-kava tea... It was the weirdest tasting thing I'd ever had. Yuck. Got kava-kava pills instead, they were great. Then I read about kava-kava and liver disease and went in for chamomile, which is actually pretty tasty, and does wonders for your skin.

So chamomile tea is good for your skin when taken internally, or applied topically? Because my skin has been completely shitty lately. Maybe I should get some chamomile.
auralpoison
Golden Monkey!
MsYuefie
I am in love with Good Earth Cocoa Chai.
sexysandee
QUOTE(MsYuefie @ Feb 9 2008, 04:26 PM) *
I am in love with Good Earth Cocoa Chai.

I have never taken very well to Chia teas of any kind, but maybe I tried the wrong ones, this sounds yummy
LoveMyPugs
has anyone ever added stevia to their tea? the lady at the local tea shop i go to grows it in her garden. she dries it then grinds it up and she gave me a small bag and told me to put a small amount in my tea. it's a natural sweatener. i really like it. then i went online to look it up and read about it and it's kinda scary what wikipedia says. does anyone else have any knowledge they can pass on? apparently it's popular in china according to the web (not very reliable source I know). just curious.
vixen_within
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Feb 8 2008, 09:57 PM) *
So chamomile tea is good for your skin when taken internally, or applied topically? Because my skin has been completely shitty lately. Maybe I should get some chamomile.

I have the same question as hellotampon..

Lovemp, what was the scary part about the wiki entry? I've heard of stevia, but never tried it in tea.
persimmon_grrrl
my favorite tea, in certain moods, is good earth (caffeine-free) original sweet and spicy! yum...
thirtiesgirl
I'm not a big herbal tea fan, but I do love rooibos red tea with lots of honey in it. ...Wait; at least I think it's an herbal tea! Shows you how much I know. I usually drink Earl Grey with lots of milk and sugar. Same way I drink my coffee.
hellotampon
I recently came across Twinings "Mrs Twinings' Spices" tea at someone's house, and it was pretty good.

I'm also digging on Celestial Seasonings' "Sweet Coconut Thai Chai" or whatever. When I first got it I wasn't impressed, and it sat in my tea cabinet for a while, but now I really like it.
kittenb
My mom was so excited when she bought me the Sweet Coconut Chai tea I didn't have the heart to remind her that I hate all thigs coconut flavored. sad.gif

I really need to get a new tea pot for fall. I loved my old one but broke the top. I just want a nice ceramic pot w/a strainer.
LoveMyPugs
I tried the Twinings' White Tea while on vacation. I really enjoyed it. I needed some nurishment after all the drinking at night. I'd drink two or three cups of tea the next morning. Always made me feel better.
Moonpieluv
Currently, I'm drinking St. John's Wort Yogi Tea for the anxiety.
**My fave is Jasmine with vanilla flava shot and honey**
Earl Grey with strong bergamot I actually like to substitute for coffee.
Queen Bull
*AHEM* true to southern belle form, Sweet iced... so sweet it makes your teeth hurt. haha

but on a more serious note.

peppermint with stevia to sweeten. and iced chai is also really nice.

*yuuuummy*
lananans
I'm pretty boring when it comes to tea. Mostly I drink Tetley's Orange Pekoe -- my mom always drank it and makes it for me when I'm home so it is just what I like. I also have Twinings Earl Grey in my cupboard.
pepper
celestial seasonings bengal spice, ooh YUM! best non-caffeinated chai i've ever had, such strong spicy flavour, mmm. it's hard to find 'round here though, i have to drive one town over. bummer.
kittenb
I think it is time for me to go out and do a big tea and hot chocolate buying spree. Argo, here I come.
whatagirlwants
I've never been a big Tea person, but I do like Chai Tea...I mix a little milk and honey in moines though because its still a little too strong for me. Starbucks has really good Chai Tea smile.gif
Christine Nectarine
i usually like the starbucks chai latte as well, but the other day i had the BEST chai tea in a little Indian bakery near my parents place...mmm, it's so good when they actually boil the tea in the milk!
SUPERLUVER
im loving this blueberry herbal tea i got from giant eagle, their Market District brand. it turns super berry colored, and its decaf, so it doesnt make me jittery cwazy...num nums tongue.gif
hellotampon
QUOTE(pepper @ Aug 29 2008, 10:56 PM) *
celestial seasonings bengal spice, ooh YUM! best non-caffeinated chai i've ever had, such strong spicy flavour, mmm. it's hard to find 'round here though, i have to drive one town over. bummer.

I just bought that the other day. It IS really good... very cinnamony. I actually like to drink it plain, like herbal tea.
stargazer
I found this tea Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea at Trader Joe's. I love this tea and it is perfect for Fall.
PixiePink
I am a big tea person!! I've been drinking since i was a kid, it runs in my family.. My favorite is jasmine Tea and Green Tea. I drinks tea almost everyday; breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner time smile.gif
Lately, I used to having my sandwich with tea, sounds odd but it's delicious!
bunnyb
I want to visit here.
Christine Nectarine
bunnyb, i want to come too!

pixiepink, tea and sandwiches is a classic combination. especially cucumber sandwiches. makes me think of chuch ladies socials, and afternoon tea!
hellotampon
Lately I've been drinking bigelow's pumpkin spice, and stash's goji berry green.

I've also been cheating on tea with pumpkin spice soy lattes at a local coffee shop. I actually feel a little built guilty!
sunshine
I, too, have been drinking the pumpkin spice and it is good chilled/iced as well. Yogi's organic Mint Licorice is fabulous.
tommynomad
I drink tea all day, everyday. Usually something black in the morning. I abhor the caffeine, but I heard that when tea is decaffinated, many of its other beneficial compounds are lost. So the occasional cup, well...

Right now I have a steaming cup of Darjeeling under my nose: mmmmmmm.

Current fave: Black Adder Licorice Infusion
Melanielouise
Just some good o'l PG tips is good enough for me.
NewYorkLA
I am a huge tea drinker... I love green tea and I'm a big fan of the Yogi teas. I always get the iced black tea unsweetened with soy milk from Starbucks... that's my favorite on a hot day:)
roquelaure

IMO you can never beat a cuppa good ol' Red Rose. straight basic tea- AND a cute lil' porcelin animal figurine smile.gif

my recent obsession though has been Snapple white strawberry. who knew Snapple made hot tea?! not i- but i found it in a local Big Lots, and have since stocked up in case i never see it again. i'm usually not a big fruit flavored tea fan, i like it earthy, but this is not only subtle and so sweetly DELISH, but reminds me of what an ex used to drink whenever we would go to a little greasy spoon diner and i would mock him for drinking "pink girly tea" while i had black coffee. plus i was obsessed with Snapple in college haha.
tommynomad
As summer comes to Auckland, I've been indulging myself with some delish lattes.

Pre-heat teacup (of course).
Drop in any strong, spicy chai tea and *half*-fill with recently boiled water.
Oversteep (at least 20 mins).
Strain.
Pour tea into blender cup.
Add 4 large ice cubes, 1/2 cup milk, a drop of vanilla, dash of cookie spices, and a scoop of ice cream.

Blend and enjoy.
kittenb
Hot tea and pretty porcelin teapots are the best cure for bad dreams on raw grey days.
Lily_Anne
Hot mint tea and tarragon, sweet and strong.
Lily_Anne
QUOTE(roquelaure @ Oct 29 2008, 09:46 PM) *
IMO you can never beat a cuppa good ol' Red Rose. straight basic tea- AND a cute lil' porcelin animal figurine smile.gif

my recent obsession though has been Snapple white strawberry. who knew Snapple made hot tea?! not i- but i found it in a local Big Lots, and have since stocked up in case i never see it again. i'm usually not a big fruit flavored tea fan, i like it earthy, but this is not only subtle and so sweetly DELISH, but reminds me of what an ex used to drink whenever we would go to a little greasy spoon diner and i would mock him for drinking "pink girly tea" while i had black coffee. plus i was obsessed with Snapple in college haha.

And who knew Snapple made lip gloss that comes in teeny Snapple bottles? I wasn't a lip gloss fiend before, but I've been converted. I like how the stick itself is much wider than conventional lip gloss. Gives full-lip contact. Yummy!
Persiflager
Yorkshire tea, Assam in a big mug, and fairtrade green tea with lemon in the morning.
Nova
I love Tea Gschwender. I make a point to go there for my darjeelings. I worked a tea store for a couple years and learned that they have the 1st pick of the crop so they have the best darjeelings in the world...with the exception of the Darjeeling plantations.

My all-time favorite tea is called Dark Goddess Oolong. Everyone tells me it smells like weed, but I think it tastes like chocolate.
mouse
something i've been doing lately that a friend turned me on to is using water leftover from boiling or steaming veggies for tea water. it adds a very very faint sweet/earthy aftertaste to whatever tea you choose to use, plus you get more of the nutrients lost when cooking the veggies. yum yum. i especially like a broccoli/blackberry infusion combo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.