Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aliens and spaceships and monsters, oh my! The all things sci-fi thread.
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
girltrouble
oh...! i'm so glad it's back too syb. but who is the fifth? is it tig's wife or starbuck? i was soo sad about the suicide. it just seemed so out of nowhere.... but i guess that's the point. it was great to see lucy lawless back. i love her in all her episodes
sybarite
There was so much going on in this. Starbuck's discovery of her Viper and her body was so haunting, but I don't think her resurrection makes her a cylon: she's something else, as yet to be defined, although the hybrid clearly has ideas... I think the fifth was Ellen, but I'm wondering why she seems to know more than the other four on BSG.

I am also hugely curious about the backstory on the cylons living on Earth. Also, this means the original Earth could still be out there, no? It seemed to me that the cylons just named the planet 'Earth' when they arrived there, 2000+ years ago.

And Dee's suicide was such a shock, although looking back BSG does this kind of thing(Cally, the shooting of Adam in S. 1)

I hope they don't go overly mystical with the Starbuck storyline. I love Lucy Lawless too, especially now she's gotten her own accent back.
musicfit
Anyone watch the Lost premiere? I'm dying to talk about it.
lunia666
Can we talk about BSG here ??

I see that some people have already biggrin.gif

lunia666
Crap I forgot I was watching Stargate (old show) this am and Boomer had a small part smile.gif
Also is anybody else gearing up for Comic-Con 09 I booked our hotel last week amd heard there making a Cowboy Bebop movie.
kittenb
You can talk about BSG here is noone wants to revive the "Frak Me" thread but I must beg that you use spoiler coding. I love sci-fi and have no cable. sad.gif
girltrouble
tsk. poor kitty b! that kinda makes me sad. if it's any consolation i have bootlegged cable...

we can revive "frack me."
kittenb
The real danger is that I am a total spoiler whore for BSG but when I tell The Geek, "I know who the final Cylon is!" he wants to strangle me. So I am trying to avoid them for the sake of my relationship cool.gif .
Persiflager
Oooh ooh ooh! Red Dwarf will be back at Easter for a two-part special, with the original cast! Hurrah!
sybarite
Kitten, I know who the final cylon is too wink.gif My mister regularly threatens me with spoilers from other shows so I recognise what you're saying as a real and valid relationship issue!

I vote reviving the Frack Me thread as well.
lunia666
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
With BSG ending soon and no more Stargate shows ( for now) what will I do to get my Sci-Fi fix . Am hoping Joss's new show Dollhouse will help fill the void but am not sure when it come out I think sometime in Fall.

Oh well back to old STNG shows for me smile.gif

What about everybody else heard any rumors about new Sci Fi shows/movies coming out?

I know James Cameron is doing a new Sci Fi movie called Avatar.
girltrouble
well there's still the star trek movie.... and hopefully watchmen....
the avitar movie is based on the cartoon, which i still haven't been able to watch.

i can't help it. i am sooooooo stuck on naruto. i f'ing love that anime.

from what i understand there is some really great buffy comic book that came out
bunnyb
Dollshouse airs in a couple of weeks (I don't know what network); I'm really looking forward to it.

gt, do you mean the series 8 Buffy comic book (i.e. what happened beyond the show ending) by Joss Whedon? I've only read the first volume of the comics, have the second and still to buy the third but I'm enjoying it. I'm not a comic reader normally so it takes me a while to get my head around it.
likeanyother
QUOTE(lunia666 @ Jan 29 2009, 02:50 AM) *
Oh well back to old STNG shows for me smile.gif

My old faithful as well!

I just wanted to jump in to say that I'm getting my long-awaited star trek tattoo next weekend! No one I tell seems to quite understand, let alone appreciate, my excitement over the matter, so I just wanted to share with those that might....
kittenb
Pls post pictures.
My guy and I have an ongoing joke that the sexiest thing I could ever wear is a female's Classic Trek outfit. I have tried to find them but the cheapest I can find is $60, just too expensive for a joke.
lunia666
Wow I remember this
http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/192/685..._2_Disc_Set.jpg
foryoursplendor
Has anyone seen that Christopher Walken movie called Communion? What about Fire In The Sky?

Those movies scared me as a child like nothing ever has. To this day, I'm irrationally afraid of aliens - yet uncontrollably compelled to watch those movies over and over.
auralpoison
Y'know what alien-themed program scared the ever living crap out of me? V. That shit gave me nightmares for days.

Y'know what was WORSE? The Day After. Nuclear holocaust & it was local as far as my little mind was concerned since it took place in Kansas.
lunia666

V gave me nightmares also so much so my mom said I couldn't watch it anymore sad.gif
My dad on the other hand said it was ok and the next show I saw was the twins birth ...Yeah gave me nightmares for weeks and my mom was none to happy.
kittenb
I watched Fire in the Sky once when I was babysitting. The eldest girl loved it but I really scared the youngest boy. Sorry kid!
foryoursplendor
I still think about this scene in Communion, where an alien peeks out from behind a cabinet. I think out of the things that could possibly ever happen, this would scare me the most.

I found the clip on youtube: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=szwvjXo_sHQ
rubberdollz
You know what was freaky about Fire in the Sky... when that dude is laying on the table and that needle thing is going into his eye. Sick. Makes you cringe to think about something being poked into your eye and you are watching it.

Has anyone ever seen Jacob's Ladder???? I never could fully understand that movie or get all the way through it. That movie was pretty scary.
foryoursplendor
Yup, LOVE Jacob's Ladder.

I really need to watch that again. *downloads*
lunia666
A lot of people didn't like this movie but I love this scene and I love JP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoCjea4aSeE
kittenb
I loved Signs so much. Isaw it with my family and it was scary and funny and a real treat. That scene is one of my favorites. I have a friend who still laughs about the "Move children! Vamanos!"
thirtiesgirl
Heheh...I remember going to see Signs at the multiplex on opening night with a group of girl friends who were all sci fi freaks. The theater was absolutely packed, and in that scene near the end with the television (I'm sure you know the one), when you see something in the reflection, the entire audience screamed bloody murder when the camera panned on that reflection. Hilarious. That cracked me up for days.

Speaking of aliens and monsters... is anyone else as excited about this movie as I am?
crazyoldcatlady
anyone heard any early reviews or rumors about the movie "Push"?
girltrouble
it looks like it's a lot like that movie jumper last year.

i'll go see it, but 1)the commercial looks cheap/poorly made. 2)i'm wary of any commercial that uses critic's quotes but their names are printed so small you can't read them.

the movie i saw as a kid that still scares the shit out of me:
godzilla vs. the smog monster. it was on tv 2 years ago, and i was freaking out. i was physically shaking. i cannot make it thru that movie.
crazyoldcatlady
c'mon, this is freakin' awesome.
missladyj
cocl, yes that is awesome!
vixen_within
Hah I could never fill it out like that, but it's really sexy.
thirtiesgirl
Is that a real person or a doll in that outfit?
lunia666
I showed it to my boyfriend and he loved it smile.gif
vixen_within
thirtiesgirl I think she's real with seriously airbrushed pits.
lunia666
Not really Sci-Fi but

It's based on a short story my Barker ( which should tell you something) and it's very very gore. It's pretty far fetched but it makes it more interesting than the standard horror fare. It's the first horror movie I enjoyed watching in a long time.
stargazer
Is anyone going to see the new Star Trek movie? My folks are big trekkies (even gone to a convention) so I'm sure it will be a family outing. I will say that I've seen all of the Star Trek movies with the exception of Generations. I'm hoping the storyline will be interesting.
kittenb
I think it goes w/o saying that The Geek and I will be there. cool.gif
zoya
ok, is it really bad that every time I see the trailer for the new Star Trek movie, I totally think of Spock/Kirk slash? They're just too pretty!!! biggrin.gif

I can't WAIT for Terminator 4. OMG OMG OMG. I am the world's biggest geek when it comes to the Terminator films. Well, not so much T3. But T2 is one of my favourite films EVER..

yay for sci-fi movies coming out!!!
auralpoison
So the BBC is remaking Day of the Triffids as a tv movie. The cast looks pretty stellar (Dougray Scott, Joely Richardson, Brian Cox, Eddie Izzard, Jason Priestley, Ewen Bremner & Vanessa Redgrave), it's supposed to air as a two part miniseries in late summer. I wonder how long it will be before we get to see it?

Eddie's been Twittering about it. I have been tempted to Twitter by having the Eddie carrot dangled in my face like cake or death.
stargazer
kittenb, i knew you were into sci fi, but not sure about the Star Trek lovin'. wink.gif

Zoya, my stepdad has been a HUGE arnold fan. i grew up watching the first Terminator and the Conan series alot. T2 was spectacular. T3 was "meh." I had reservations about the upcoming movie. Then, I watched the trailer and I am stoked for this movie. I am so glad it will come out in the States in May. Not sure when you will be able to see it in the UK. The great thing about this series is that it is not dependent on Arnold being present. The storyline is that great. Do you watch the TV show too?
missladyj
My dad has every Conan story ever written. Ever written. He's hard core.

I am totally stoked about the Star Trek I would love to go see it with my Dad and hubby. I am down for t4 too. saw the watchmen this week and it was AWESOME!!
Persiflager
Yes yes yes for Star Trek! And zoya, I'm right there with you on the Spock/Kirk slash - nummy!
thirtiesgirl
I saw Monsters vs. Aliens at the theater this weekend and giggled like a kid through the whole thing. I've never been a really big Seth Rogen fan, but I just fell in love with his B.O.B. voice. And Steven Colbert as the POTUS (President Of The United States) was an absolute scream.
girl_logic
Does anyone remember a young adult book about a girl raised on another planet - and settlers arrive from Earth, she falls in love with one of them, but she's not allowed to show him her face. And then it turns out that she looks really different, almost frightening. I remember that on the cover she had green skin. It was written by a woman. Does anyone remember this? I'm hoping to recommend it to some girls, it is driving me crazy.
whatagirlwants
Last 2 sci-fi movies I caught were Alien Trespass and Monsters VS. Aliens. I have to admit, The Ghota from Alien Trespass looked like the twin of BOB from Monsters VS. Aliens. Both movies were really good. Anyone else catch Alien Trespass? Eric McCormack stars in it.
annabananahannahmontana
i took my little sister to see monsters vs. aliens. i liked it but we saw it in 3-d-
it kind of made me dizzy.
Persiflager
Torchwood: Children of the Earth = major downer sad.gif
sybarite
Persiflager--yes, quite nihilistic, but I thought it was awesome. Davies went for all-out critique of the British public service/lack of accountability IMO, and Capaldi's civil servant was genius if tragic.

Also, Jack's decisions, back in 1965 and with his own gransdon, were horrifying but at the same time I felt they cemented his character's ultimate evasive tendencies. It was sad but explained a lot about his past actions: his leaving his brother behind, to give one example. I turned to the mister at the end at said 'so actually, Jack's kind of a bastard' but I felt it was a brave move to show how complex his character was--not unlike Dr Who himself, who definitely has a dark side.

No series 4 (if it goes ahead, fingers crossed) until 2010...
foryoursplendor
Has anyone seen Moon yet? Any reviews?

Achhh, I want to see it so badly.
Persiflager
I know Sybarite - it was so well done but I loved Ianto!

Where do you think the series will go from here? I've got a soft spot in my heart for Torchwood - I think the writing's patchy (especially some of the episodes in the last series), but when it's good it's very, very good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.