Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i am gonna miss 'em....(the so and so just died thread)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
candycane_girl
I can't believe this. Sixteen Candles is one of my favourite movies. It's kind of weird because lately I kept thinking that I need to get it on DVD.
Sillygrrl1313
R.I.P. John Hughes. Ferris Bueller's Day Off=my favorite comedy ever. You will be missed dude.
ketto
So sad. Paperboy and I were just talking about John Hughes movies (and the fact that he's never seen any) the night before he died. sad.gif
pollystyrene
Never seen a John Hughes movie?!?!? ohmy.gif I'm speechless. Was he raised Amish or something?
crazyoldcatlady
um... i haven't seen any either
sad.gif
sassygrrl
RIP Les Paul. sad.gif
culturehandy
I came across this gem about John Hughes.
sassygrrl
CH, I read that story a few days ago. I also saw that they're releasing an Canadian documentary about him called "Don't You Forgot about Me." http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800711...yid=13&cs=1

culturehandy
Ahh yes, I read about that in the globe and mail a few days ago.
auralpoison
Edward "Ted" Kennedy has died.
stargazer
sad.gif
period_monster
I was so hopeful he might live to see substantive health care reform. sniff
sassygrrl
PM, I would have loved that too. sad.gif I'm very sad.
stargazer
RIP Dominick Dunne. I will miss reading your articles in Vanity Fair.
sassygrrl
Why is everyone dying this week?

R.I.P. DD.
anna k
DJ AM died. I remember him talking about his former drug use and depression in an interview, and just feel like this is a sad end.
stargazer
RIP Jim Carroll
auralpoison
Huh. All I can think of is, "These are people who have died, died, these are people who have died, died, they were all my friends & they died". And now Jim is one of those people that have died, died.
missladyj
rudder,
I got to see Jim Carroll read poetry in around 98,99 or so. He was super intense. Hubsand wouldn't go because he only wanted to see him rock not read poetry. He will be missed for sure.
culturehandy
CBC newsworld is reporting Patrick Swayze died this evening.
auralpoison
No! Nooooo! Nobody puts Baby in a corner!
treehugger
awwww....nobody does, indeed. <sniff>
candycane_girl
I can't believe he's gone. I know he looked pretty bad these past few months but I was really hoping he would pull through. r.i.p. Patrick Swayze.
kittenb
Logically I knew he had little chance but I kept hoping something would happen. I feel so bad for his wife now. I can't remember if they had any kids. sad.gif
jami
no. no children.
auralpoison
Feminist Quebec writer Nelly Arcan was found dead in her apartment on Thursday. The police are treating it as a suicide.
raisingirl
RIP, pianist Alicia de Larrocha, proving that small hands can indeed overcome their supposed limitations.
auralpoison
Friend of the divine Cyndi Lauper, Captain Lou Albano has died.
pollystyrene
YA author Norma Fox Mazer died.

I could have sworn I read some of her books when I was a kid, but looking through her titles and their summaries, nothing seemed familiar. sad.gif
sassygrrl
I think I read one or two. She seemed really cute.
auralpoison
Goodbye, Soupy Sales.
culturehandy
Claude Levi-Strauss, the anthropologist who made the move away from societies being "primitive" died at the age of 100.
sybarite
Wow. RIP Levi-Strauss, you kicked off a lot of interesting intellectual investigations...
culturehandy
I was actually surprised to learn that he was still alive. After he died, that is. Well, you know where I'm going with this.
sybarite
laugh.gif I know what you mean CH, I had exactly the same reaction!
auralpoison
So they're saying Brittany Murphy died of cardiac arrest this morning. TMZ & HuffPo.
raisingirl
Wow, really? That's fucked. Was she on drugs? I only ever saw her in Clueless. Wasn't impressed when she got her lips injected full of shit and married some dude old enough to be her dad. I guess we'll find out in another day if it's just a rumor or real. TMZ is a gossip site, isn't it?
auralpoison
I found this quote when I was looking to see if the rumor is legit:

"I am also way too high-strung," she continues. "I can't even take a Sudafed. Can you imagine? My God. I think my heart would explode. I mean, literally something terrible. That's awful.''

Yikes.
thepointybird
32 is far too young, RIP Brittany.
culturehandy
Crap, she did Faster Kill PussyCat with Paul Oakenfold and I really liked her in Sin City.
stargazer
RIP Brittnay Murphy sad.gif
sassygrrl
Damn. sad.gif
pollystyrene
Yeah, it's too bad. I've heard rumors of an eating disorder and rumors that she had a known heart problem.

I guess SNL had a skit a couple weeks ago making fun of her? Because she got let go from a role in a movie. Niiiice.
rogue
=( I really liked Britanny Murphy. Have you ever been asked that weird question, "Who would you want to play you if your life was made into a movie?" Well, she was always who I chose. I don't know. I just think that I'm a little odd and she could do odd really well (eg: Girl, Interrupted and Don't Say A Word). It's pretty sad that she's gone.

I also don't follow Ashton Kutcher on my Twitter but I saw that he wrote something really nice about her. So did John Stamos (who I do follow and would also love to marry/fuck/whatever).

Thirty-two really is too young to die. I don't even know what could have happened but I think she might have had an ED too. She was just so skinny - and seemed to get skinnier as time went on.

Also - I loved her voice. Faster Kill Pussycat is amazing. And I loved that Carly Simon song she sang in Little Black Book. I have it on my iPod.

Sigh. R.I.P.
stargazer
RIP Alaina Reed-Hall

I wonder who the third will be...
anna k
Also - I loved her voice. Faster Kill Pussycat is amazing. And I loved that Carly Simon song she sang in Little Black Book. I have it on my iPod.

Me too! I have both of those songs on my mixes. She had a really sweet, childlike, unique quality to her singing voice when singing the Carly Simon song, and a raspy, sexy voice on that club song. I don't know anyone else who was into her as a singer, but I really liked her voice, it was all hers.

I always liked her, even if she wasn't popular in recent years. She seemed so sweet, funny, quirky, genuine, and had a cool quality about her. I was so sad yesterday, and I don't get sad much about celebrity deaths, but I am about this one.

On Alaina Reed-Hall, I loved watching Sesame Street as a kid, but never paid attention to the human actors, the puppets dominated everything. I liked 227 a lot as a kid, even if I didn't follow the plotline (or was too young to get the jokes). It had a nice atmosphere of women being friends and laughing with each other and hanging out on the stoop just chilling and talking shit.
rogue
It's sad that I watched Seasme Street so much as a kid and can't remember who Olivia was. Was she the counterpart to Gordon? Or was her name Susan? I don't know. I hate when people die, though. Celebrity or not, it's always sad.

I totally forgot about Britanny Murphy singing during the MTV Movie Awards once. It was when Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar hosted, during the opening number. She killed it, too. I didn't know she could sing until then and when she opened her mouth - wow. Man, I'm really going to miss her! It sounds weird but it's true. One of my colleagues and I - who share the same strange taste in movies and everything - had a good talk about it yesterday. And a hug. We're odd.

Oh yeah, here's the link for the movie awards. She doesn't sing for very long - probably about fifteen seconds - but the whole performance is a gas. I loved it. She comes in around the 2:45 mark.
ChingusKhan
Miep Gies. Almost 101 years old. One of the people that hid the Frank family in Amsterdam and the person responsible for the discovery of Anne Frank's diary. Sometimes the good don't die young.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miep_Gies
stargazer
RIP Teddy Pendergrass
auralpoison
Nobody has mentioned Howard Zinn & Zelda Rubinstein both passed? RIP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.