Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: feminist idols
The BUST Lounge > Forums > The F-Word
bunnyb
Mary Magdalene :-).
anarch
this month's Smithsonian Magazine has a great article about her (I'm right in the middle of reading it), and how certain male Christian thinkers have promoted a certain image of her to reinforce their idea of what Christianity and the Church should be.
nohope
Emmy Gilbert
http://www.starbucksunion.org/node/65
mornington
I can't think of anywhere else to put this, other than the buffy thread, but I don't want to randomly post in there.

Joss Whedon got an award from Equality Now, and this was what he said
bella coola
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3]Deepa Mehta! I haven't even seen any of her films yet, just an interview about 'Water' and I'm already inspired. She's standing up for the opression that's going on in India (and has been for eons). She's looking at the Hindu faith and pointing out where they're manipulating their holy text to push women down in the name of patriarchal power and economics. She made her films despite death threats, attempted suicides of others, hunger strikes and riots! Incredible woman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.