Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
bustygirl
erica - VS products are godawful. You will have to buy new bras that often if you buy from them because they're made poorly and cheaply. You'd be better off buying from bra manufacturers like Vanity Fair or Goddess or Bali, most of which can be found in the larger department stores like Macy's or Dillard's.

Victoria's Secret has a very lush look to their stores, which totally belies the slapdash construction of their merchandise.
p_176
i'm fully aware that i'm not wearing the greatest bra (something i bought at target), but i'm a 38D, and i want a reduction, but i'm going to drop 50lbs then see where i'm at. hopefully they'll go down by themselves. but it seems like no matter what size bra i wear, nothing supports them, they are so heavy. should i just be patient until i lose some more weight, or is there something else i can do in the meantime?
ericamamerica
Thanks for the tips LoveMyPugs and bustygirl - I'll start expanding my bra horizons and search out new alternatives. I have heard of Bare Essentials, I've bought merchandise (panties, actually) though them through Amazon.com. I'll look for a store near where I am located.

My breasts grew from a 34B to a 34C when I first started birth control at age 18. They stayed that size, more or less, even when I was working out all the time. I stopped taking birth control from last March until August, and they were still a C but just not as full. I got into a comitted relationship and back on birth control in October, so perhaps that may account for the recent spurt. LoL, who knows. Guess none of us women are agonizing over implants, at least.
pollystyrene
i need some advice when it comes to measuring my bra size. For the past 8 or so years, I've been wearing a VS 38C. I need a new round of bras and was going to try out Lands End. I thought maybe it was time to re-measure myself. I've always measured by measuring under the breast to get the band size, then around the fullest part and whatever the difference is, is the cup size. I went to Lands End's site and here's their directions:

STEP 1: Measure around your rib cage at the bottom of your current bra (keep the tape taut and level). Add 5" for your correct bra band size (32, 34, etc).

STEP 2: Measure around the fullest part of the bust. Keep the tape parallel to the ground and do not pull too tight.

STEP 3: To determine cup size, subtract the band measurement (Step 1) from the bust measurement (Step 2). Compare the difference to the table below.

1" 2" 3" 4"
A cup B cup C cup D cup

I've never heard of this adding 5" business....By that logic, I'm a 44A or B since I'm about 39" around the underside (plus 5 is 44) and the fullest part is 46.

Their bras look comfy (and they're on sale right now!) but the sizing seems weird.

What's the place you recommend, missladyj? I'm in the Chicago area.
bustygirl
Ann's Bra Shop, which you can google, sells some of the best bras around, and they go all he way up to like, K or L. They're local here, but they are online. I don't know what their return policy is, so you might need to get fitted professionally (NOT at Victoria's Secret) before you shop.
kickitkickitkickit
I saw both small and large breast support group threads and I'm not large chested or small chested, I believe I fall somewhere in between.. I'm not so sure about many resources for small breasts, however women who are more voluptuous should check out:

Cacique.

Many of my friends shop there and it seems like they make some good quality bras and lingerie.

LydiaLost
I firmly recommend Figleaves.com for bra shopping. I got burned out on both victoria's secret and frederick's of hollywood a long time ago. (About the time I realized that nothing in VS fit... and I wasn't overly impressed w/ the quality of frederick's). My aunt suggested figleaves, cause thats where she'd started buying her uber expensive (yet well fitting) bras. Being a struggling 24yr old I can't afford the really good stuff, but even the cheap stuff is amazing. Their size selection is great, (32A to... waaay bigger than I would ever want to be). Tons of designers.. Everything from lingerie to swimsuits. Free shipping if you spend over a certain amount. It is a bit weird to buy things w/o trying them on, but... worth it if you're daring. Also, I think you can return things for free.

The other place I've found bras in my size (36Fish) is... the nearest adult toy store. We have a cheapy one, and then a more upscale one. The upscale one sells some fairly high quality lingerie (Rigby & Peliar) and some harder to find stuff (Freya/Fantasie) and... they have a bigger selection of sizes.

(And on a side note... I've discovered that I Really love demi bras.. The ones that go straight across? Fabulous cleavage effect. Not necessarily effective for living in... but when you want to make an impression.. Wow smile.gif )
tankgirl
i just wanted to thank you guys for the bra websites, im looking forward to my tax refund check so i can get a few. i have large breasts and a smaller frame and its very difficult for me to find a bra that fits me right. i LOVE my breasts but haveing a hard time containing them makes me really dispise them sometimes.
you guys are totally right about victoria secret, i went in there to get measured, hoping i could find something that fits me, the retard measured me at like a 36C and i ended up going home with a 36 D because i couldnt fit into the C cup (i knew i couldnt) eventually i realized that one was too small as well and i needed a DD. ive gained a few pounds so now i have no idea what my size is haha.

anyway im really excited about getting new bras. my income doesnt allow for me to do that very often. and im glad i have really cool sites to order off of.

P.S. anyone else have problems with underwire poking through the front and breaking through the bra? or is it that i try to outwear the bras expectincy? because it seems like all my bras break through and i hand wash them and try and take good care of them, or maybe i just have been buying poor quality?
missladyj
Vs bras are the worst. My life changed when I finally got sized and found the right size bra. A good bra that fits is totally worth it. I have had the underwire poking through problem and I take it as a sign to by a new bra.
hellotampon
What I don't understand about bra sizing is how to measure the cup size- are you supposed to do it without a bra on? Because without a bra, there is some definite droopage. But with a bra on, the shape and position of my boobs are different with every bra. So the measurement would probably be different every time.

Also, does anyone else feel the need to wear low-cut shirts all the time? If I wear a shirt with a normal neckline, I look like a tank. My chest just looks huge and weirdly shaped. The boobs look big and sloping, and the part of my chest above my boobs and below my neck looks huge as well and I feel like a big fat grandma even though the rest of my body is not fat. I need the low-cut shirts to bisect that whole area of my body and visually cut it in half, and then I look more proportional. Maybe it's just because I have a big ribcage.
lucizoe
Me too, ht! I cannot abide high necklines - they feel so restrictive and usually just highlight the fact that the shirt doesn't fit right because of the breasts. Plus, if I gain any weight I wind up with quadra-boob, which is made very apparent under high-neck shirts.

As to fit, I've always measured with a bra on, but I have to try on three different sizes no matter what, so I'm not sure how helpful that is.

I really want to go to one of the custom places in town, but I really really cannot afford it. I need new bras - yay for winter hibernation weight - but again, they are freaking expensive.

Has anyone chucked bras entirely in favor of bustiers? I'm thinking about making a couple (if I can't find a good one that fits), and so far the only downside I can fathom is the extra non-breathable layer of fabric on my already-tends-to-sweat-profusely body.
amylhn
Yeah I'm 17 and a 32F...I was uber discouraged until I discovered the wonderful brand that is Fantasie. Fits perfectly! Swimwear is my only problem now...looking towards Fantasie...arghghh
erinjane
I love fanatasie. I've been buying the same style for a couple of years now. So comfortable.
clothes society
QUOTE(erinjane @ Dec 29 2006, 05:32 PM) *

I agree. I'm really petite everywhere else and tons of shirts and sweaters that I love the look of never fit because they're way too short on me because of the rack. tongue.gif

What would be the ideal shirt for a petite large breasted woman? I'm trying to gather some data for a project. Would anyone on here buy a t-shirt cut to fit your breasts w/a smaller waist size? We are trying to determine what the waist size is for this demographic of women who can't find clothes to fit their body. Would love any feedback or thoughts you have.....
lucizoe
We are trying to determine what the waist size is for this demographic of women who can't find clothes to fit their body.

Um, all of them? Seriously. What kind of question is that?

Blah.
tyger
110% O/T, but...
oh my god, lucizoe! mr flibbles is very angry indeed! i used to act that scene out using my hand sans puppet as mr flibbles. great way to freak people out tongue.gif

back on topic
I know i'm on the small end of the large scale (36D), but why the hell do i have to search and search to find a not padded bra in my size? it's really not like they need to look any bigger
bustygirl
Same reason I have to search for bras over DDD WITHOUT ELASTIC STRAPS!!!!! Seriously, guys, bouncing is not your boob's friend. Toss out the stretchy and give me the pretty-but-sturdy.

In fact, just give me back my favourite bra that you stopped making, Vanity Faire.
raisingirl
QUOTE(clothes society @ Feb 12 2007, 07:31 AM) *

What would be the ideal shirt for a petite large breasted woman? I'm trying to gather some data for a project. Would anyone on here buy a t-shirt cut to fit your breasts w/a smaller waist size? We are trying to determine what the waist size is for this demographic of women who can't find clothes to fit their body. Would love any feedback or thoughts you have.....

My thought is that you should go somewhere else to do your market research. SNOOOOOOORE!
lucizoe
...or bras that aren't minimizers or full-coverage...

(it ain't purdy, bustygirl, but sometimes I stitch a length of thin grosgrain from the backband, under the strap and along the edge of the cup, to help counteract the stretch)

What the hell? First we are told that we must have the measurements of a tightly-corseted buxom Victorian, or we should really get some surgery to make it so. Then, we are told to show tons of skin. Shirts requiring strapless bras (which always work out SO WELL for the big-boobed), or no bras at all...then the bras available heap on some more body shame by insisting that well, dear, your breasts are just too big you slutty slut slut. Minimize! And pay way more for your ugly undies, too!

I'm sick of it. I feel so hated by the world sometimes.

Heh, tyger - "We couldn't possibly do that! Who'd clean up the mess?"
hellotampon
QUOTE(tyger @ Feb 16 2007, 01:27 AM) *

110% O/T, but...
I know i'm on the small end of the large scale (36D), but why the hell do i have to search and search to find a not padded bra in my size? it's really not like they need to look any bigger

I'm 34D or 32DD or something around there, and I like padded bras. Not seriously padded, but something with molded cups. I will not buy bras with cups that are just cloth with a seam across the nipple. All it takes is to wear those things once and they stretch out and become pretty much useless. I have so many bras from before I learned that lesson, and I still wear them to work (we have to wear baggy, heavy polo shirts at my job), just to get some use out of them, but I have to double up and wear 2 bras at a time.
erinjane
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Feb 18 2007, 10:50 PM) *

I'm 34D or 32DD or something around there, and I like padded bras. Not seriously padded, but something with molded cups. I will not buy bras with cups that are just cloth with a seam across the nipple. All it takes is to wear those things once and they stretch out and become pretty much useless. I have so many bras from before I learned that lesson, and I still wear them to work (we have to wear baggy, heavy polo shirts at my job), just to get some use out of them, but I have to double up and wear 2 bras at a time.

I'm the same size, but I'm the opposite. I think it has to do with the shape of my breasts, they never seem to sit well in molded cups. I haven't had problems with the cups stretching, but the ones I buy are pretty high quality and the cups aren't really made of a stretchy fabric.
jlt
hi, i'm 32DD, i hate it, but does anyone know of anywhere to buy shirts that will fit a large bust? I am currently dependant on extremely large t-shirts to hide my breasts under but something less bulky would be a blessing
nickclick
it may be worth it to buy some pretty button-ups and bring them to a tailor. imo, shirts that fit better will flatter rather than oversized clothes. don't hide 'em, dress 'em up!
annelise
i have a chronic illness, and i need to lay down a lot. nonetheless, i'm a 34D and so it's not like i can go braless all the time. i have all sorts of bras that fit me when i'm sitting/standing, but laying down, gravity takes over and i fall out of them (demicups do not work when supine). i really don't much like sports bras, but clearly i need a bra with more coverage/support, while still being wirefree (wires are horribly uncomfortable when you're laying down a lot!). but i hate how ugly so many full-coverage bras are.

i might just need to give up on my fruitless bra quest and go back to sports bras (ugh uniboob), but meanwhile, any suggestions?
amawebb
I found a site on google called properknockers.com and they're really good. I measured myself using their chart and now love my 36D's in everything I wear, whether I'm standing, sitting and laying down!!
ally_samuels
QUOTE(violetfemme @ Apr 25 2006, 12:04 AM) *

it was by men who just wanted a quick orgasm and who never talked to me again. I told him, he apologized, but I guess it never sunk in.

I totally know what you mean! I'm not as large as you, I'm a 36G, but it's like guys just treat us like sex objects! One reason that I'm completely adamant about not having a breast reduction is because that's just not me. I'm against cosmetic surgery because I feel like it's our bodies, we should learn to live with it!

I started developing in fifth grade, when I was ten, and I remember all through middle school, I was teased because of my chest size. (7th grade, I wore a 34C, in 10th grade I wore a 34DDD, and by the time I graduated high school, I was a 36G.) Guys used to say to me, "I'm feeling so sick... hey, can I borrow a tissue from your bra?" Later on, though, guys started to get interested in me, and I let them use me... I wish I hadn't. At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. unsure.gif
annelise
got my new bras in the mail, and they fit great and i don't fall out of them, hurrah! i was sort of amazed that the one i like better has five hooks. i don't have the coordination/energy to hook five hooks, but i figured i'd just do the top and bottom ones.
aislinnkae
Hey everybody! I have been online for the past 3 hours looking for a swimsuit and came across this site, and am I glad I did! biggrin.gif I am a 34F (until recently thought I was a 38D!!) Anywho, I was reading that ya'll are having a heck of a time finding button up shirts that fit. I've found that I can wear petite Ann Taylor tops without having to get them altered. I wear a 12P which fits my chest and waist as well. They're expensive, but worth a try.
deegurl654
Hey Everyone!! I'm so glad I found this site smile.gif ! I was recently measure a 36DDD and am having a hard time finding both bras as well as bathing suites. I'm getting a pool this summer and will definatly need one. I normaly just where a t-shirt and shorts but this year I am determined to find a great fitting bathing suite....any suggestions? Thanks so much for the help!
p_176
i am at a 38D right now, at a height of 5'1. i tried on some bras that were specifically for biggerbreasted women, and i thought it made them look like cannons - not attractive at all. plus, i hate the seam across the nipple also - very unattractive and uncomfortable - not conducive for clothing, IMO. so am still wearing my target bras that don't support as much as i would like, but i am losing weight so hopefully they will shrink back to a 34C - if not, i will have the plastic surgery to reduce them.
i half agree with your statement, ally, of living with and loving your body, but at the same time, when breasts start affecting other areas of your body - like posture, skin rashes, breathing in some cases - it's time to call the plastic surgeon. (in my case, my eczema is exacerbated by the twins)
aislinnkae
QUOTE(p_176 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:58 PM) *
i am at a 38D right now, at a height of 5'1. i tried on some bras that were specifically for biggerbreasted women, and i thought it made them look like cannons - not attractive at all. plus, i hate the seam across the nipple also - very unattractive and uncomfortable - not conducive for clothing, IMO. so am still wearing my target bras that don't support as much as i would like, but i am losing weight so hopefully they will shrink back to a 34C - if not, i will have the plastic surgery to reduce them.
i half agree with your statement, ally, of living with and loving your body, but at the same time, when breasts start affecting other areas of your body - like posture, skin rashes, breathing in some cases - it's time to call the plastic surgeon. (in my case, my eczema is exacerbated by the twins)

I completely agree with you on the surgery if your breasts are affecting other parts of your life. One thing I would consider though is finding other bras, like the Fantasie, which I wear at a 34F at 5'3 (no seams, lined so no nippage wink.gif ). I was in the same predicement as you until I found a lingerie store specializing in large breasted women. WHAT A LIFESAVER!!! I now have all the bras I could ever wear (though they are more expensive, but worth EVERY PENNY) and I am finally happy with my breasts. I don't know where you live, but for anyone who lives in the DFW area, I can recommend a fabulous store.
LoveMyPugs
Just want to plug this site again because it sells some great bras.
lilyblue
I am so sick of this bullshit. I found out that I wear a UK 38H. That's all nice and well, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that translates to in US Numbers. It's all so wonky out there. I have seen everything from 38G to a 38K.

This crap is annoying. Why are there no standards?

Now to my real question. I have heavy sagging boobs and I'm looking for a bra or inserts that would uplift the girls.
GlamourDiva
Also remember there are different types of bras for different types of apparel.
Be sure to get a tee shirt bra--smooth and cotton--sometimes not the sexiest support but oh well
and then demi cups for v-necks etc
i'm also busty a 36ddd--I like them--they are bouncy and full and have no stretch marks but i would rather be back to my 34dd..oh well

good luck to all of us--it's still better than being a part of the itty bitty titty committee lol

gd
http://www.colorshowdown.com
erinjane
QUOTE(GlamourDiva @ Apr 4 2007, 10:35 AM) *
good luck to all of us--it's still better than being a part of the itty bitty titty committee lol

I can see by your posts, Glamourdiva, that you're pretty new to the boards, but I thought this comment was really unnecessary. It's not cool to put other people down based on physical attributes.
hcbeck
Just caught a pretty good documentary on BBC3 here in the UK.

My Big Breasts and Me
Documentary following three women who are naturally well endowed and exploring how they feel about having big breasts.

Jodie (Age 22, 28K) is terrified of having breast reduction surgery but with her breasts causing her chronic back pain she knows it may be her only option. Vicky (Age 26, 34H) hopes that alternative therapies and an exercise regime will downsize her chest, and Maddie (Age 21, 32G), a fashion student, struggles to be taken seriously in a world where she feels only women with small boobs can look attractive.

It has all the usual scenes - including the visit to Rigby and Peller to discover that 80% of women are walking around wearing the wrong size bra. Two of Jodie's friends measure out almost 8 pounds of sugar and strap it to their chests and go out and about in town to see how much extra weight Jodie is carrying and how people treat her differently. Jodie also vists a friend to discover what breast reduction scars look like four years after surgury.

Catch it if you can.
samiam
At the newer, high end mall here we have a store called Cacique, which is the lingerie side of Lane Bryant. I went in there thinking that, as usual, I would slide into the crack between big and little (I am a 36D, and I suggest getting measured at Macys or JC Pennys to find that out). I wear a size 10 usually, which makes me too small for Lane Bryant (although, I was a 14 in college, and I haven't changed, so sizing definitely has), but my boobs are definitely more on the plus-size side of things. Anyway, I found some cute stuff! Even stuff on sale, and a push up bra that fits, supports, and looks pretty when I take off my shirt. Worth checking out. This is not an ad, btw, just an insider idea.

My mom (5'1", 32DD) always says, "If you are willing to pay $100 for a pair of shoes you will wear 3 times a year, you should be willing to pay at least that much for a bra you wear every day."
nickclick
i had breast reduction surgery two 1/2 years ago, so any questions... fire away!
NewYorkNoize
hello i'm new.
My name is Amber and I'm 17.

I'm having a big problem finding swim suites that fit.
I'm a tiny tiny girl. I'm 5"2 and really skinny all around the only problem is
I have these huge natrual breasts...
i know a lot of people would kill to have a body like mine...i've been told that...but i hate it.
i cannot find a swimsuite that fits and it's really upsetting me.
I've actually cried over it.
I've tried dieting...i heard if you lose weight they get smaller...but i can't afford to drop too many more pounds.
I pop out of just about any bathing suite i buy (i'm a 38DD) and i can't find anything that fits.

i'd appreciate it if any of you nice ladies has any help for me. I cry over this all the time. It just sucks when your friends can go out and but cute swimsuites that actually fit them...and you have to worry about popping out of them.... dry.gif

please help! anything would be appreciated<3

thank you!
glassk
Aww! Amber, that sucks...

I just grew into my D cup, and they are about the correct proportions for me, but I'm used to being a B or C cup and last time I was going to buy a bra, all I could find were B and C cups and I was about ready to cry from the frustration, too.

I can't help you with tthe swimsuit issue; but do you sew? I learned to sew last year, and maybe if you headed over to craftster.org you could peek around. Maybe get a swimsuit and modify it a bit so that you stay in it. Or else just get some ideas about how to "make it work."

Good luck!
erinjane
Hey Amber,
I think you should get yourself to a specialty shop and get sized, because if you are that short and skinny there is no way you can be a 38 band size. I'm all 4'11 and fairly slim and before I went to a specialty shop I thought I was a 36D, when I'm actually a 32E. Big difference.

Look in the phone book under "lingerie" and check out some stores. You don't even have to buy anything from them, but let them size you. But I'm betting you'd benefit from buying one from a shop like that, because I really doubt your band size is above a 34 if you're already quite slim. Often they have bathing suits that are made to fit like a bra as well.
bvgirl
QUOTE(nickclick @ Apr 9 2007, 12:17 PM) *
i had breast reduction surgery two 1/2 years ago, so any questions... fire away!

Hello to you Nickclick.. I am looking into having my breast reduced and I wonder what can I expect as far as the pain and the overall outcome..I am looking to reduce my triple d's to a d.
nickclick
hi bv, i went from triple d (or so, or whatever the real bra size is, since i was wearing a dd quite ill-fitting-ly) to a c. i love them and so happy i did it.

the surgery itself was a few hours and i stayed at the hospital overnight, but i've heard many are same-day surgeries. i planned for 2 weeks out of work to recover, although after a week i was feeling fine, except for muscle weakness and general soreness. i also planned and luckily received much help from my bf and my mom, with things like changing the dressing, washing my hair, driving me around, bringing things down off high shelves, much more.

i'm left with some pretty intense scarring, and the possibility of not being able to breastfeed, but being a playboy model and/or a nursing mom weren't ever in my plans anyway. in some places the scars are thicker than others, and sometimes they itch, but mostly they don't bother me or my bf a bit. i was also afraid to lose nipple sensitivity, but it's there, just as great as before! although that is also a possibility to consider.

overall, the two weeks of recovery uncomfort and pain was insignificant compared to the years of the same associated with carrying those things around all day and sleeping with them at night.

i can certainly share any more specific and gorey details by pm if you wish. otherwise, i'll spare the board of stories of stitches and drainage!
frances hayes
QUOTE(erinjane @ Apr 11 2007, 12:09 PM) *
Hey Amber,
I think you should get yourself to a specialty shop and get sized, because if you are that short and skinny there is no way you can be a 38 band size. I'm all 4'11 and fairly slim and before I went to a specialty shop I thought I was a 36D, when I'm actually a 32E. Big difference.

Look in the phone book under "lingerie" and check out some stores. You don't even have to buy anything from them, but let them size you. But I'm betting you'd benefit from buying one from a shop like that, because I really doubt your band size is above a 34 if you're already quite slim. Often they have bathing suits that are made to fit like a bra as well.

I am 5'6" 130 lbs, for YEARS i had been wearing a 36DDD/E bra, finally went to specialty bra shop and went to a 32G, fits SOOOOOOOOOO much better and more comfortable, but I am still considering breast reduction..the problem with bras at regular dept stores (macys...) is that the largest cup size is a DDD/E, so often bigger breasted women must buy the large band size for the bigger cups, it is really hard to find a store (even a specialty store) for women of small to average size with huge boobs to find a bra and even worse a bathing suit.
frances hayes
QUOTE(erinjane @ Apr 11 2007, 12:09 PM) *
Hey Amber,

I am 5'6" 130 lbs, for YEARS i had been wearing a 36DDD/E bra, finally went to specialty bra shop and went to a 32G, fits SOOOOOOOOOO much better and more comfortable, but I am still considering breast reduction..the problem with bras at regular dept stores (macys...) is that the largest cup size is a DDD/E, so often bigger breasted women must buy the large band size for the bigger cups, it is really hard to find a store (even a specialty store) for women of small to average size with huge boobs to find a bra and even worse a bathing suit.
frances hayes

I am considering it, i am 43 with a 13 & 10 year old, i am nervous..i have been told that the recovery is worse than anyone every tells you, so what is the real scoop??
frances hayes

I am considering it, i am 43 with a 13 & 10 year old, i am nervous..i have been told that the recovery is worse than anyone every tells you, so what is the real scoop??
bvgirl
QUOTE(nickclick @ Apr 16 2007, 09:11 AM) *
hi bv, i went from triple d (or so, or whatever the real bra size is, since i was wearing a dd quite ill-fitting-ly) to a c. i love them and so happy i did it.

the surgery itself was a few hours and i stayed at the hospital overnight, but i've heard many are same-day surgeries. i planned for 2 weeks out of work to recover, although after a week i was feeling fine, except for muscle weakness and general soreness. i also planned and luckily received much help from my bf and my mom, with things like changing the dressing, washing my hair, driving me around, bringing things down off high shelves, much more.

i'm left with some pretty intense scarring, and the possibility of not being able to breastfeed, but being a playboy model and/or a nursing mom weren't ever in my plans anyway. in some places the scars are thicker than others, and sometimes they itch, but mostly they don't bother me or my bf a bit. i was also afraid to lose nipple sensitivity, but it's there, just as great as before! although that is also a possibility to consider.

overall, the two weeks of recovery uncomfort and pain was insignificant compared to the years of the same associated with carrying those things around all day and sleeping with them at night.

i can certainly share any more specific and gorey details by pm if you wish. otherwise, i'll spare the board of stories of stitches and drainage!

Hello Nickclick..
Thank you for responding to my question. I am really nervous right about now. I have an appointment on May 4 and although I am anxious to talk with the doctor I hope my insurance will pay for it. I have already seen one doctor and he says that they were not heavy enough and that my insurance would probably not pay. What a joke!! He said that I need a breast lift (why would I need a lift when I need these puppies reduced) Well anyway,I was so upset because of the fact that I am carrying around these puppies all day and dealing with back pain.I had a near fatal accident a couple of years back and suffered extreme back pain as a result and my puppies make it worse. I would love to see him carry these around. So I believe I am more anxious about the fact that I was already let down with the first doctor. I complained of back, neck and shoulder pain. Is there something else you can suggest that I do to get my insurance company to pay(if you have gone the same route). The surgery is so expensive but I need relief. If, it does not happen with my insurance company well then I will have to save up for it. Also, I read where you stated that for two weeks things were kind of hard but I would also like to know that since I have been working out can I resume my walking program after two weeks after surgery or do I have to wait longer? I just started walking and I would like to know what restrictions do they put on you and how long would I have to wait in order to resume my exercise program. I would also like to start running after I get these triple d's down to a d. A size d sounds reasonable to me. I would like a c cup but I would be very much content with a d cup( I have to be realistic)
and I know I should be asking these question to my doctor when I see him and I will but I just wanted to ask an actual patient because afterall you actually went through it...
Thank you in advance
nickclick
bv, good luck with your appt. is it with a female dr? she may be more sympathetic! my pcp is female and she's the one who initially suggested the surgery and signed her approval for the insurance co. but the insurance co had the final say. i had to first have an x-ray to rule out any possible spinal issue, and then go to physical therapy to try to strenghten my back muscles, which was fine, but weird when therapists would ask - what was your injury? uh, i carry around these things all day! after going back to my dr. to examine for any improvement, she recommended a plastic surgeon, who sent photos (!) and his assessment to the insurance co. probably more than 6 months total. finally they approved.

yeah, i always suggested to my (now ex) boyfriend, who didn't see the need for the surgery, to tie a pair of sacks of potatoes together and hang them from his neck. all day. in bed, in the shower, working out, under clothes.

after two weeks i did have the energy, but had little upper body strength for any exercising of my arms or chest. so walking would be okay. and yes, i can jog now! not that i do it so much....

let us know how the dr appt goes.
kittenb
newyorknoize/amber - consider going to a special bathing suit store. I bet you could find a nice two=peice/tankini set that would work. A sturdier top with wide straps and a seperate bottom. You'll find something that will flatter your figure but it may come down to custom sizing and make.
Good Luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.