Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Little Pieces of Happiness
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
deschatsrouge
Meeting other busties IRL!
doodlebug
Spending the weekend focused - not just fucking around, but really sitting down and focusing - on the bass guitar.....and actually learning 2 songs start to finish (Sheryl Crow's My Favourite Mistake and A Change Would Do You Good) well enough to think I can jam them next jam night.....plus I'm finally starting to grasp where the notes actually are in the middle and at the higher end of the fretboard.

My lover/music partner made me a giant cardboard annotated chart of the entire six string fretboard. Awww. I think I'm going to go post that in "How do you know a guy's a good one...."
candycane_girl
-the incredibly beautiful fall colours. I was walking past the park the other day and I was just stunned at how gorgeous all the orange and yellow leaves look.

-having a very hot shower after a long, stressful day

-living alone. I spent all day yesterday in the apartment and just hung out, took it easy, read a bit and watched 3 episodes of Will & Grace.
girltrouble
being fierce?

my friend who owns the bar was supposed to be the one training me to bartend, her bar manager, a baddass korean dyke, was gonna be hands off, figuring i was the owner's friend, and she didn't want to be hassled. after hanging out a couple of days while we worked our asses off to get the bar ready for opening, she changed her mind wanting to train me herself, telling my friend, "i like her, she's fierce!" smile.gif
culturehandy
COCL this is for you.
rogue
Thanks for sharing Mr. Walken, CH - that was hilarious!

And CCG, I definitely agree with you on the living alone thing. I can't help but love living by myself a little too much. I'm almost obsessed with it. =)

My little piece of happiness tonight was getting to meet the men's curling team from Newfoundland. They were super nice and Brad Gushue is really, really cute. Like, almost too cute for words. I was quite disappointed to find out that he is married and has a daughter because we had a nice little chat this evening at a work event, hehe. Oh well. I get happiness from being able to look, even if I can't touch. And I have the moment immortalized in a photograph as well so it's all good.

Oh and GT, you are most definitely fierce!
culturehandy
my new sparkly fuschia flats. they.are.awesome!
doodlebug
Walking towards Value Village yesterday, I started imagining the perfect long, wool coat that a staffer must be putting on the rack for me RIGHT THAT MINUTE. "Just visualize it," I told myself.

Miraculously, there it was. MaxMara, made in Italy. Camel-coloured wool and cashmere. Classic duffel style with princess lines, just above the knee, removable hood, Meida thermo inner lining, and gorgeous tortie and mother of pearl toggles. Perfect fit. Twenty-five smackers. And WARM!! Hallelujah, I can't remember the last time I had one warm coat, instead of wearing seventeen layers all winter long.

For the most part, I think the "law of attraction" is complete and utter bullshit. But hey, it worked this time! wink.gif
rogue
Cosmic Bowling. So fun! =D
rogue
(Me again!)

Talking to my old best friend (who is also one of my old ex-boyfriends) on the phone for the first time in years. Long, long years. I think I know why we stopped talking (see the letters thread). Bah, I don't care. I love him no matter what. This totally made my entire night. Especially the sound of his voice. His is the only one that has ever been able to make me feel the way I am feeling right now.
coffeebean
Sunshine for three days straight!

...it doesn't sound like much but it is for Canada in November smile.gif
rogue
3 days of sunshine in Canada in November definitely is something to be happy about, coffee! I definitely concur.
wowee.toki
A must-needed break from real life. biggrin.gif
crazyoldcatlady
freakin' cable upgrade!!
coffeebean
afternoon naps while working from home smile.gif
rogue
Finding the best frozen pizza I have ever had in my entire life. Dr. Oetker's mozzarella. It's so good! It's got tomatoes and pesto on it too. *Drools*

And believe me, I know - I shouldn't be this pumped about a pizza but Oh Lawd, it's amazing.
wowee.toki
Not had pesto on a pizza (actually not sure I've ever had it). Sounds tasty, though.
pants
photo booth photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehenryford/...57622626281924/
sassygrrl
fall days
feeling my self esteem rising a bit
my puppy
AbleDanger
The initial stirrings of lust

discovering home waxing kits

sunday mornings
nickclick
QUOTE(pants @ Nov 13 2009, 09:03 AM) *

these are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! much happiness!
girl_logic
Photo booth photos are one of my favourite things too. I absolutely love those.
crazyoldcatlady
g_l i can never find the authentic ones anymore! they're all the lame ass digital ones with lame ass photoshopped borders.
enfermera
i get so excited when they come out with new varieties of hershey's kisses. the newest discovery: irish creme. mmmmm.
foryoursplendor
girl_logic, I also love photo booths. They're the best.

Driving around while listening to really loud, bass-y music is also something I secretly enjoy.
deschatsrouge
grapefruits and NPR
pants
proper photo booths are few and far between these days, which is sad. I can tell you where to find one in Paris (Palais de Tokio) and where there used to be some in Chicago 5 years ago (hopefully the Rainbo and the Heartland will still provide). But have no idea where any might be hiding in London right now. It's all digital passport photo machines here now, which is lame.

We've got 4 separate strips on our fridge at home that detail the history of my relationship with my dude and they always make me happy no matter how lousy my day has been.

I also have a stash of friend photos tucked into and glued onto a variety of journals and albums. They're great to find unexpectedly.
auralpoison
I actually drug my old man to a retarded fucking UBER-hipster bar so we could take photo booth pictures. I'm not much of a romantic, so he gamely played along with my awkward attempt & we each have a strip of uncomfortable, but sweet photos.
pants
Actually I've just remembered (because I am an absentminded dork today) that my picture in my profile is from the photobooth at Palais de Tokio. It's one of my favorites.

Oh just remembered too, there used to be one at the Empty Bottle in Chicago. Chicago is clearly the promised land for photobooths
nickclick
the save-the-date mailer for our wedding last year was photobooth-style. i made that with photoshop, and since then i found a real photobooth at a hipster/punk bowling alley/bar in Asbury Park, NJ.
sassygrrl
Hi Nickclick! I just looked up photobooths in Atlanta, and there aren't many. I need to take some with Mcgeek soon just for kicks.

episodes on Modern Family on Hulu
upbeat jazz
peanut butter
pants
nickclick, we did something similar. No signs, just us whispering into each other's ears and the text read something like 'Did you hear? C & J finally chose a date.
Happily we lived around the corner from the Heartland in Chicago then which is a hippie restaurant with a fine beer selection, good grilled cheese AND a photo booth. Now there's a happy place.
tommynomad
Tests came back positive: I'm going to be a father.
sassygrrl
Awesome Tommy!!!

Bailey is finally home from the hospital
a day of just watching tv on the futon
girl_logic
QUOTE(pants @ Nov 21 2009, 04:03 AM) *
nickclick, we did something similar. No signs, just us whispering into each other's ears and the text read something like 'Did you hear? C & J finally chose a date.
Happily we lived around the corner from the Heartland in Chicago then which is a hippie restaurant with a fine beer selection, good grilled cheese AND a photo booth. Now there's a happy place.

QUOTE(nickclick @ Nov 20 2009, 01:41 PM) *
the save-the-date mailer for our wedding last year was photobooth-style. i made that with photoshop, and since then i found a real photobooth at a hipster/punk bowling alley/bar in Asbury Park, NJ.

That's so awesome. I'm running with that idea!

Good on you, Tommy.
anna k
Congratulations Tommy!!!

Hanging out with a close friend last night. Just so good to see him and talk for hours and enjoy each other's company.
candycane_girl
Congrats Tommy!

Nice random people in my building. There was an older lady waiting to get on the elevator who struck up a conversation and then two younger people who were telling me about their "delicious" plans to eat some brie and croissants. They even said I was welcome to join them if I wanted. People can be so nice!
rogue
Congratuations, Tommy!

Crossover from the letters thread - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. That's a piece of happiness for me. Don't know why, but I just loved it when I was a kid (I'm talking between the ages of 6-10 here). Man. Alan Rickman is just so cheesily awesome in it that it fills my heart with glee.
MadameHooch
QUOTE(nickclick @ Nov 20 2009, 01:41 PM) *

How funny, I live near that bar and hang out there on occasion! Your photobooth pics were supercute smile.gif
doodlebug
AWWWWWWWWWW tommy!!!!!!! That's awesome! biggrin.gif
sybarite
I love it when people are randomly nice; it restores my faith in the universe a little bit.

Nice crumbly goat's cheese
Having the house to myself and my plans to bake up some brownies and some gluttonous pasta for dinner
Red wine and Mad Men later

Congrats to you and the other half Tommy!!
culturehandy
Congrats Tommy!!!

Sharing a bottle of wine with my bestest. The food, the conversation and the wine were all lovely.

My bestest makes me happy, he makes me very happy.
nickclick
many congrats Tommy!

clothes shopping for myself, by myself.
deschatsrouge
I BBQ'd the turkey for Thanksgiving. It was moist and smokey.

Congrats Tommy!
pants
www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/gallery/2009/nov/30/daniele-tamagni-gentlemen-of-bacongo

You'll need to copy and paste this into your browser but it's worth it, these fellows are awesomely dapper.

Edited to add this genius quote: 'We are not scared of Parisians.'
Damn straight! The Parisians ought to be scared.
flanker_ji
My R&B station on Pandora!!

P.S.: Pants, that was fantatstic!
anarch
Watching the clouds go pink at sunset yesterday while hiking with a friend and getting updated on her new guy. He sounds like a good one. thank cod.
go_kayte
pfeffernusse, tea, new kitty, library books! I like today.
doodlebug
They finally brought a new showerhead to my apartment, and after a couple of years of dodging around trying to get the stream to wet all of me, this powerful spritz is like HEAVEN.

I'm falling for Soulman all over again.
enfermera
oh doodle, i know what that's like. the shower thing, of course. the glory of finally getting a spray strong enough to penetrate your hair after all the twisting and contorting=awesome.

after a miserably cold weekend, our furnace is finally working again, thanks to an obliging friend. heat! now if the basement would just stop filling up with water.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.