Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Childfree by Choice!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
faerietails2
I was just about to post about the Duggars! In this yahoo article, it says the lady's been pregnant for 10.5 years of her life. Ugh! I'd die.

And they want more. Why do they need more kids? The world's overpopulated enough without this brood of 17 whose names all start with the letter J. GAG.
humanist77
That was fabulous, phobia-thanks for posting that. So poignant and painfully true.
missladyj
this tatooed intellectual poet and her brilliant musician husband are not reproducing!!!

Holy Shit, pregnant for 10.5 years!!!
angelle321
two things:

and

from LJ's wtf_inc community
turbojenn
Nice of you to drop in, Jesus. You'll fit right in, since they want us to believe that you were childfree too! rolleyes.gif

*dashes off to put Jesus on ignore*
mouse
mary magdalene was a radical feminist, idiot. radical feminists only can't stand people who use the disgusting false image of jesus (that centuries of ignoring what he was really saying has turned it into) to try to get people to be sheep and not follow what they truly believe. god is disappointed in you, brah. but you're too pigheaded and brainwashed to realize.
culturehandy
Steve, would you cum in my mouth is I asked you to? Oh calm down there, I bet that's the first (and last) time you'll be propositioned. But don't worry, I have no intentions of doing that to you. Ugh.

Bah, sorry I couldn't resist.

I was talking to a friend of mine about the family with 17 children, and the mother actually said it's because they just love having toddlers in the house. but 17, that's wild! Can you imagine that? There was an episode of Family Guy that made fun of that kind of thing...
grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him.

faerietails2
talk about a god complex...

Good thing I got paid yesterday. smile.gif
culturehandy
What's even better about that situation is that the family os from Arkansas and the fathers name is, Jim Bob or something like that!

I know I know I baited, but mofo is trying to gt the most fucked up comments posted on my profile. Hmmph.

Anyways...

Again, today I saw families of 5, all young children and another bun in the oven. Are people purposely trying to overpopulate the planet???

grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore [color=#000000]the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him.

faerietails2
steve thinks he's jesus. click on this link to ignore him.
humanist77
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Aug 4 2007, 05:28 PM) *
I was talking to a friend of mine about the family with 17 children, and the mother actually said it's because they just love having toddlers in the house....

WTF??!!
Toddlers are the WORST blink.gif
culturehandy
Seriously, I read it online. What a reason to have kids! 17! I'd say get a hobby but clearly these people have one.
faerietails2
*sigh* Steve, you pathetic dumbshit, don't you have a life? This earns the National Newtork of Abortion Funds bonus dollars, you realize that, don't you? And they're not like Planned Parenthood, who can use the funds for sex ed or pap smears or condoms or new campaigns. No, my dear. These bonus dollars will go straight to aborting fetuses. And they'll be in your name. smile.gif

Steve thinks he's both Jesus AND me. Or maybe he thinks I'm Jesus. You can never tell with the poor fool. You can click on this link to ignore Jesus, and then type in "Faereitails2" to ignore Wannabe Me.

missladyj
who do we talk to about the fake faerietails offensive avatar? I do not need to look at that shit!! Somehow I don't think Yushka ( that's Jesus in yiddish folks, )would post a pic like that/

"the lights that now shine brightest behind stained glass
will cast the darkest shadow upon the human heart
but G-d didn't give himself that throne
G-d doesn't live in Egypt or Rome
G-d doesn't belong to the Yankee dollar
G-d doesn't plant bombs for Hezbollah
G-d doesn't even go to Church
And G-d wont send us down to Allah to burn
G-d will remind us what we already know
That the human race is about to reap what it's sown"

Armageddon Days Are Here Again

The The
OreosMom
Pathetic dumbshit is right. If Jesus is as all powerful and loving as you seem to think he is, why would he care whether people had abortions or not. If he created everything, then wouldn't it be within reason to say that he enabled us with the possibility of having abortions? My opinion on the whole thing is if you're going to have it fine, if not fine. As long as informed, women everywhere should have the right to choose what to do with their bodies. Now please leave this board and don't return. Shouldn't you be in church anyway?
treehugger
misslady, you can go into your controls, click on "board options", and you'll get an option to not show avatars. Unfortunately it gets rid of ALL of them, but as a temporary basis it might be worth it.

QUOTE(missladyj @ Aug 5 2007, 11:24 AM) *
who do we talk to about the fake faerietails offensive avatar? I do not need to look at that shit!! Somehow I don't think Yushka ( that's Jesus in yiddish folks, )would post a pic like that/

"the lights that now shine brightest behind stained glass
will cast the darkest shadow upon the human heart
but G-d didn't give himself that throne
G-d doesn't live in Egypt or Rome
G-d doesn't belong to the Yankee dollar
G-d doesn't plant bombs for Hezbollah
G-d doesn't even go to Church
And G-d wont send us down to Allah to burn
G-d will remind us what we already know
That the human race is about to reap what it's sown"

Armageddon Days Are Here Again

The The

doodlebug
Women, PLEASE. Put the trolls on "ignore" and IGNORE them. Feeding them just encourages them. We KNOW this. And now we can REPORT them, too, so please do that as well, if you like. Just keep IGNORING. Come on now.
faerietails2
No, really Steve. I'm just tallying up your posts and waiting for them to delete you so I'll know how much to send to the National Network of Abortion funds. You really are actively raising funds for underprivileged women's abortions right now.

faerietails2
No, really Steve. I'm just tallying up your posts and waiting for them to delete you so I'll know how much to send to the National Network of Abortion funds. You really are actively raising funds for underprivileged women's abortions right now.

faerietails2
faerietails2
"Competitive Birthing" in Affluent Circles

Seriously...wtf?!
greenbean
Eww, total yuck! Reminds me that I have my ten year HS reunion coming up, and it has a myspace page. I was browsing old classmates profiles and one affluent looking woman is married with two kids already and in her description she says, "I'm a Desperate Housewife in training!"(!?) Not sure if I want to go...
culturehandy
What a great reason to have kids! To compete!!!

And who would want to brag about being a desperate housewife???
prophecy_grrl
Ugh, I think I just threw up in mouth a little at the thought of "competitive birthing" and a 17th Duggar.

OK, I know there are HUGE problems with China's population control policies (especially for women and girls), but seriously we need some kind of restrictions on that shit in this country. People should just not be allowed to have that many children!
culturehandy
If they loe toddlers so much why don't they fuck their brains out, use birth control and then adopt unwanted children??? Then they can have as many toddlers as they want!
faerietails2
I want to go to my ten year reunion precisely because all the people who were evil to me are now married/divorced/stuck with a bunch of kids so early in life, and I'm not! *evil cackle*

culturehandy
Faerie I see the same things now. I see so so many people who are married and have a child or two and I'm 24! Damn.
humanist77
I'm appalled at how many people I went to high school with are married with children already-especially people who should NOT be breeding. It's the dumbest, most screwed up people who get married so young and start families. Several of them never graduated high school and have nothing better to do with their lives (no offense at all to dropouts-it's just THESE particular ones). I'm only 23 and I'm not even considering marriage for at least a few more years.

ha..momzilla!
they say how they choose this lifestyle because they want to be the best mom ever by having 4 kids..but they all have nannies and people to come teach their kids to tie their shoes and ride a bike? And the moms of course still have time to go to the gym and look perfectly made up as well..what kind of a mom is that? When you have so many kids that you can't make any time for yourself ever without having to hire professional help, it's too many..I have to wonder how the fathers feel about the situation, although they of course had a part in making the babies too~

This story reminds me of the book "The Nanny Diaries"-although they only had one kid..
doodlebug
Anybody see this? HA HA HA!!! THE BABY ULTIMATUM: Parents Who Take Their Newborns to See Movies at 11 PM on a Sunday Should Be Sterilized

On the other discussion (and despite the joke headline above), I do think it's dangerous to start putting limits on children, i.e., how many people should be "allowed" to have...and you know that always degenerates into which women should be "allowed" to have them. Yeah, I think having seventeen kids is incredibly horrifying and selfish - I can't imagine how neglected those kids must be at times, let alone contemplate the impact 17 fresh white American consumers will have on the world. And the whole "Quiverfull" movement* is kind of disturbing (in particular, I can never understand why the "cult watch" folks don't take these kind of fringe Christian movements just as seriously as any other kind of cult...the brainwashing is exactly the same). But at the same time, I see "choice" meaning that it's a woman's right to have them if she wants them, just as it's our right NOT to have them, if we choose not to. Besides, we know that legal limits on children would not end up being applied to "Quiverfull" families, which strive to be self-supporting and debt-free, but to poor women and especially, poor women of colour. Any attempt by the state to control women's fertility should be perceived as a threat to all of us.

*On a related note, I thought this was an interesting read: I Name the Patriarchs, Part I: The Truth About "Full Quiver" Families
phobia
Doodlebug -- agreed, but, well, you know. So very many people have kids without thinking of the consequences, or understanding what it really means. There's got to be a better way than what we have now. I guess it would have to be more about education (sex ed, pre-natal programs, maybe mandatory parenting classes?) and more family-friendly policies both in government and in private companies.

But yeesh, some days I just get so fed up.

Also, when we went to see Hostel, there was totally a couple with a NEWBORN, like, really really teensy baby, and it was 11:00. Um. I don't even know what to say to that!
culturehandy
Doodle, I enjoyed the article, and limiting the number of children one can have stinks, at least to me, of eugenics. Or at least a slippery slope.

Clearly anyone who wants to have that many children has some sort of deficancy.

Who brings a toddler to a move that is so violent anyways? Who are we trying to raise the grandson of Sam?

pollystyrene
Duh, I totally forgot to post this- I, along with LeBoy, Prophecy_grrl and friends, saw Harry Potter V at an IMAX theater, the day after it came out. Those tickets are $15 a pop, so you're putting out even more money than a regular movie. The movie starts and, literally, two minutes into the movie, we start hearing a kid, probably about 4 or 5 years old, start wailing, "mommy, I'm scared!" There's some whining and then the mother stands up, her seat is dead center in the middle of the theater and just stands there for a minute trying to comfort the kid. People behind her start telling her to get the hell out of the way and she slowly makes her way across the row. Then she tried to continue to watch the movie by standing with the kid in the little room that leads into the theater. You could still hear the kid crying and someone yelled out "we can still hear you!" and she went away.

Why would you pay all that extra money to bring your kid to a scary movie? Didja see the 4th movie? That was scary to me! (just a little wink.gif ) and there's no way I would ever bring a kid to it.

Same thing happened when we saw Ratatouille...we thought we'd be safely child-free if we saw an 11pm movie. Nope, not so much. mad.gif

My dad was always the guy who had no qualms about telling someone to be quiet in theaters- and not just a polite "shh"- more like a "would you PLEASE be quiet?!?!" in an annoyed tone. It was horribly embarrassing as a child and teenager, but now I wish I went to the movies with him more often.
doodlebug
I started trying to answer the questions, but they are really heterosexist, and a lot of the questions related to "couples" are really slanted towards "marriage" (i.e., "marriage" counselling), as though that is the only way of being in a committed relationship. I gave up out of frustration. Sorry shauna, but the questionaire just didn't seem very feminist to me.
greenbean
This one theater in Oakland that I used to go to had "family night", which basically was a plea to anyone that *had* to take their screaming babies to the movies to at least do it on this night, rather than spoil it for the rest of us. Seemed to work pretty well, cuz I never saw kids there on any other night.

So, I actually took care of a baby ALL BY MYSELF for the first time today! Its my neighbors' kid and they were in a bind so I agreed to feed her, and change her and drive her...all things that scared the shit out of me (what if she chokes? what if she flails and screams? what if I KILL her?!) But actually she's a very well-trained kid and everything went smoothly. The hardest part was keeping her entertained/keep her from schreeching after realizing I wasnt mommy. Making those stupid faces and doing the goofy ga-ga talk sure takes energy! I'm freakin wiped! I can't imagine doing that every morning and then going to work. Man.

ETA: On the child limit thing, I just can't beleive Mother Nature allows a woman to bear that many kids! I mean, our bodies are limited to a certain span of years we can procreate, shouldnt it have a limit on how many times we can be pregnant in that span?? Jeesh. i think its a sickness really, to want that many. Scientists did just announce that animal hourding is an psychological illness...
humanist77
oh my god that is my DREAM to be able to have the guts to yell at parents with a noisy child in a public place. I'm just too scared of some psycho mommy or daddy attacking me. That blogger is my hero!

that's a good point greenbean-it is like animal hoarding, but way more serious because 17 kids require a lot more care and attention and expenses than 17 cats.
phobia
Greenbean, what a lot of people don't realize is that for most of our evolutionary history, it was neccessary to be able to procreate that much because your kids, for the most part, wouldn't make it past age five or so. I can't remember where I saw it, but there is one picture of the Duggar family with like all but two or three of the kids crossed out with labels for the archaic illnesses that would have killed them had they not had the benefits of modern medicine and nutrition. Various diarrheal illnesses still kill LOTS of kids in developing countries due to a lack of clean drinking water. Things weren't so different for the West not that long ago. People forget. People are selfish. If she really thinks it's "god's" will she should have 17 kids, maybe she should do so without all the nice, modern, scientific advances that allow her to do so in good health. Just sayin.
sixelacat
I actually feel kinda sorry for the Duggars. I was looking at their website and they tell the story of how all the baby-making started. Basically when they got married they weren't ready to start a family right away, wanted to wait and be financially/emotionally ready and plan for their kids, so she was on the pill. Well, she got pregnant anyway and miscarried. They went to a new "Christian" doctor to find out why this happened, and instead of support and sound medical advice were basically told "that's what happens when you're on the pill" and that she had killed her own child. So they were nabbed by the cult of jesus at an extremely vulnerable point in their lives and traumatized. She swore that if god would forgive her she would have as many babies as god wanted her to have. So yeah, 17 kids and counting to try and make up for "killing" the first one. You know if she even has the presence of mind anymore to even once think "okay, enough" she's gotta feel horribly guilty and "sinful".
sybarite
Doodle, cheers for the article. I especially liked this, from the comments:

'Don’t take your baby to the movies. Don’t take your baby to a bar. Don’t take your baby to your job. Don’t take your baby to a concert. Don’t take your baby to a play. Don’t take your baby to a fancy, romantic restaurant. Don’t take your baby drag racing. Don’t take your baby to a strip club. Don’t take your baby to an orgy. These are things that any reasonable person should know.'

Exactly.
phobia
Yeah, seriously, STOP TAKING YOUR KIDS TO BARS, and by NO means should you bitch at ME because I'm trying to have an adult conversation with my boyfriend. Sorry your kid might hear stuff with bad words about kinky sex, but this is and ADULT establishment even if it does serve food, that's why they card you, and I am not here to raise your kid for you. FUCK OFF.
culturehandy
sixela, that is so horrible. Ohmyfucking goodness. That's horrible.

Word, please take your children places which are age appropriate. I understand that parents want to enjoy things too, but don't forget, there are others out there who also want to enjoy their time out.

Babies and children are fussy, for the most part. Not all children are bad, but with babies you just don't know when they are going to cry. And for fuck sake, if your kid is throwing a tantrum, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!
humanist77
Okay, this is so called for!

too bad I can't find the rest of that scene!
sixelacat
laugh.gif humanist, that is one of my favorite movies! "Because we're Protestant, I can put whatever I want on my John Thomas....."
doodlebug
Please stop spamming us in every thread, shauna. This is getting kind of annoying.

And if you're serious about THIS thread, then please respond to my previous criticisms of your survey.
missladyj
Word, Doodle!
missjoy
It was kind of nice to go on a camping trip without my kidlet relatives - we got to do some intense hiking and backwoods camping.

I was laughing to myself though - there was a man leaving the dock with two little kids who seemed cute, but I would have been going crazy. He was trying to load the canoe and they were all over the place. I heard this conversation:

Little Girl: Why are you doing that dad?
Dad: I'm doing this so if water gets in the boat our backpacks won't get wet.
Little Girl: How would water get in the boat?
Dad: Well sometimes some splashes in when paddling.
Little Girl: Like this?
Dad: Please don't do that.

Then when they were leaving dock he puts both kids at the front of the boat - they've got their paddles in the water.

Kids: Are we paddling right dad?
Dad: Good, but you probably want to paddle the other direction.

So cute - so not for me - glad other people can do it!
deschatsrouge
A little somthing related to the Onion movie article:
Mrs Rouge and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. We went to the midnight show and some couple sitting behind us brought an infint and a toddler. Halfway through the movie the baby was screaming and the toddler had to go to the bathroom. I turned around and hissed to the woman to remove the child. she had the balls to bat me on the head. Like I was the nuesance, trying to enjoy the movie.
ferraro
thats absurd. i cannot believe that she did that. that woman clearly has some serious issues.

also, i went to see 1408 that super scary movie about the haunted hotel room, some couple brought their 5 year old and 8 old. i cannot imagine seeing that move at such a young age. it was really scary! i was freaked out for a while after that and i'm 25!

i stopped babysitting at 16 (because i realized i just do not like children) but even i would not do that.
culturehandy
She patted you on the head???? What are you 2??? Or an animal of some sort. I would have freaked out on that woman. Then I would have gotten staff to get her to leave. How inappropriate!!!!! I.am.at.a.loss.for.words.

Why would you take your children to a scary movie?? Would you take your children to see The Exorcist??? I say that because it is hands down the scariest move I've ever seen in my life...if your kids have nightmares and you are up all night, then you deserve it for not using your fucking brains.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.