Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Childfree by Choice!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
pollystyrene
Tell me about it. We had a lovely child-free dinner at my cousin's house. My cousin's siblings both live out of state and they're the only ones in the family who have kids. Neither of them came and their kids are pretty well-behaved, so it wouldn't have been bad if they were there.

Then we went to LeBoy's family and both of his siblings have kids, all 7 and under. Usually they're pretty good, but that night his sister's older son hit my every last nerve. I was painfully full, so I'm sitting there, trying not to move while watching The Incredibles on TV. He is 2 or 3 (bad aunt, can't remember!), was really wound up and started going around to everyone in the living room and throwing his fists down on their bellies and yelling something. Each person would tell him to STOP after he did it, then he'd act like he was going to, move on to the next person and do it again. I was #3 and he waited long enough in between that when he got to me, I had a false sense of security and didn't pay attention to him. All of a sudden, WHOMP!....oh, I was ready to kill the no-necked little monster. I got up and left the room.

LeBoy's siblings and their spouses just looked like they'd been through hell that day. This was the second gathering for both of them. I can't imagine how much more it sucked to have to do it with kids, so I was very *thankful* to not have any.

Ooo, look at me and my 3700 posts. How nice to not have kids and have the time for all those posts! wink.gif
turbojenn
I have to say, the holidays are wonderful, but they also make me SO glad to return home to my quiet home. We didn't have any kids behaving badly, but just being around little tots for 3 days straight takes a LOT more energy than I'm used to! And now, I'm free to go take a nap, and then play in my kitchen a bit. smile.gif
moxiegirl
I hope we didn't exhaust you too much! WHen here @ x-mas, lets try a ladies lunch?
sybarite
We were at a birthday party this weekend; although the party itself was childfree, the parents all seemed tired and broke and dismayed on hearing us non-parents talking about our recent travels. I just felt bad for one guy, who simply said 'well, with the kids we don't really get a chance to travel anymore.'
humanist77
"We both would love to have more," he said.

The Duggars have their 18th mouth to feed.

Will someone *please* develop a sterilizer dart?
hellotampon
ewww... just wait a couple more years... her prolapsed uterus will be dragging behind her.
pollystyrene
I thought this picture was from #17, but I count 18 in there. (make sure you don't count Dad)

Yikes. It's a whole movement, y'know. dry.gif
vixen_within
I wonder if they realize that one in ten of their children is gay.
ihateoly
Okay, so to preface, I will admit that I do in the future sometime, want to have a baby. However, hearing things about crazy-assed people having eighteenfuckingkids is just the stuff of nightmares for me. Did you notice they named every kid a "J" name? Jedidiah, Jordyn...*gag* and the dad's name is Jim Bob, which explains quite a lot.
Oh! I think I hear banjo music queing up now! ohmy.gif
vixen_within
Wait Oly, is one of them really named Jedidiah?
auralpoison
Hve ya'll heard about the Hitler kid? His parents named him "Adolph Hitler Campbell" & their local grocery refused to put his whole name on a cake. He has a little sister called "JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell". The fuck is wrong with some people. They didn't pick the names because they're racist, but because they are unique & unusual.

Those Quiverful people are nuts. NOBODY needs 18 kids. I wish people would forget about them & quit encouraging them to have more. They can stuff their tatertot casserole.
humanist77
oh please, "pilot inspektor" is unique and unusual, but not offensive.

the punchline is the store that they finally got to make them the cake: Walmart.

Poor kids never had a chance.
konphusion26
Wow people are getting out of hand with these names. I mean really. Think about how the kid will feel. WTF!

My husband decided to invite his music buddy over last night and didn't tell me till it was too late to protest. The guy is cool except his wife always wants to tag along with their 2 kids. I'm usually left entertaining the wife (which blows cuz we have NOTHING in common and I don't do small talk well). Somehow or another she always makes her way to where the hubby is and leaves her damn kids with me or unsupervised.

Now this wouldnt be a problem if her 3 yr old son wasn't a total brat. He doesn't listen to her at all. Here's a list of his antics from last night. His father finally stepped in and spanked his lil azz.

-Purposely spewed orange soda on my carpet that I just shampooed 3 days ago;
-threw a toy car at the new (plasma) tv that my husband worked so hard to get - almost hit it; probably would have tried again if his mom hadn't caught him.
-running up and down the hallway screaming at the top of his lungs (keep in mind we live in a 2nd floor apartment)
-kept going in my refrigerator without permission
-threw his toys all over my living room and would not pick them up when told to.

After all this mess, they didn't end up leaving till after 1am. My husband doesn't understand why I don't like having company or like being at home when he's working on music. I wasn't expecting them to be here last night and certainly didn't feel like entertaining. I hope they don't come back today. But knowing my luck they probably will. UUGH!! I wish they could work on their stuff elsewhere. I hate having my home taken over.
sassy
It said in that msnbc article that the Duggar mom is 42-years-old. I think at this point, it is kind of irresponsible to keep having kids (besides the fact that it's crazy!) After 40, the risk for down's syndrome, etc. greatly increases. Not to mention the fact that it cannot be healthy at all to have that many births! Her body must be about ready to quit. They should be thankful for the healthy kids they have and focus on them.

I've watched their show before on TLC and it's really sad. The kids don't get to do much outside of the family and they aren't allowed to watch TV, go online, read any secular books or listen to any secular music. I had a friend whose family was like that and she was home schooled until high school. She didn't even know the mechanics of sex until she was about 18. I mean, there is some information people shouldn't be shielded from.
pollystyrene
Wow, that's fucked up, konphusion. Can your husband start going over to their house from now on?

I know some parents get bent out of shape if you discipline their kids, but at some point it becomes necessary when they're not doing it. I googled "disciplining other people's kids" and found this article; it's sort of geared towards people who are parents and how to handle kids that come over for playdates and stuff, but I think the same thing applies even if you don't have kids. The twist in your case is that the mom was there and totally clueless. It may be worth posting in the "Busty Moms of Not So Wee Ones" thread to see what they've done to deal with this situation.

And your husband sounds like he's not helping. I'd say you should get out of the house before they get there next time, but who knows what it would look like when you came back. Like a tornado centralized in your apartment. tongue.gif Your husband needs to understand it's your house too....can you set some ground rules like "ask me before you invite them" and agree on a time for them to leave? Who the hell stays over at someone's house on a weeknight until after 1am with a three year old anyway? I assume the kid fell asleep on your couch at some point?

I did the math on the Duggar mom- 10 months of pregnancy (since you're really pregnant for 10, not 9 months) times 18 kids= 15 full years of being pregnant. They say it takes 2 years for your body to recover and replenish its resources after having a baby. I looked them up on Wikipedia and most of them are only a year apart. I'm sure her body is ready to give out. Ugh, they're going to show the birth (hopefully not the actual birth!) of #18 on TLC on Monday.
konphusion26
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Dec 19 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Wow, that's fucked up, konphusion. Can your husband start going over to their house from now on?

I know some parents get bent out of shape if you discipline their kids, but at some point it becomes necessary when they're not doing it. I googled "disciplining other people's kids" and found this article; it's sort of geared towards people who are parents and how to handle kids that come over for playdates and stuff, but I think the same thing applies even if you don't have kids. The twist in your case is that the mom was there and totally clueless. It may be worth posting in the "Busty Moms of Not So Wee Ones" thread to see what they've done to deal with this situation.

And your husband sounds like he's not helping. I'd say you should get out of the house before they get there next time, but who knows what it would look like when you came back. Like a tornado centralized in your apartment. tongue.gif Your husband needs to understand it's your house too....can you set some ground rules like "ask me before you invite them" and agree on a time for them to leave? Who the hell stays over at someone's house on a weeknight until after 1am with a three year old anyway? I assume the kid fell asleep on your couch at some point?

I did the math on the Duggar mom- 10 months of pregnancy (since you're really pregnant for 10, not 9 months) times 18 kids= 15 full years of being pregnant. They say it takes 2 years for your body to recover and replenish its resources after having a baby. I looked them up on Wikipedia and most of them are only a year apart. I'm sure her body is ready to give out. Ugh, they're going to show the birth (hopefully not the actual birth!) of #18 on TLC on Monday.

Thanks for that article Polly!! I'll check the other thread too. He usually does let me know or at least ask before bringing folks over. For some reason it slipped his mind till they were already on their way. It's hard for me to leave because I don't drive/have a license. So unless I can get up with my sister or someone else to get me - i'm stuck. I don't think I should have to leave my home though ya know? I SO wish he could go to their house, but they don't have recording equipment there. Besides, that couple lives with the wife's parents! They really just enforce my not wanting children ever. My husband is totally clueless as to what was going on because he and his buddy were barricaded back here in this makeshift studio with the door closed making a song. The only time the father of this child knew he was acting up was when he came back here in the room with him. Honestly, I've never thought of having to set a time limit because no-one has ever stayed here that long. I assumed that since they had the baby and the 3 yr old here that the session would be cut short. But NOOO. The kids didn't go to sleep at all so they were whiny and grumpy.

To add insult to injury, after they left my husband almost instantly fell asleep. I was so angry that my anger has carried over into today. I've been a royal bitch since I woke up this morning.

And btw... UGH on the Duggar baby mill. That is just too much. LOL at
hellotampon Posted Today, 12:03 AM ewww... just wait a couple more years... her prolapsed uterus will be dragging behind her.
auralpoison
People with kids are sneaky as a motherfucker sometimes. I used to babysit on occasion for a good friend. UNTIL. She started taking unfair advantage. I'd come over expecting to deal with a six year old & a toddler & there would suddenly be four other little girls & their siblings. I'd get nine kids because she'd "forget" that M had a playdate. Riiiiight. What she was doing was telling her friends, "Yeah, I have a reliable sitter. Drop your kids off, too." This happened TWICE. I just quit sitting for her. "Michaela misses you so much!" Yeah, well if her mom wasn't trying to get over on me, she wouldn't have to.

I have no problem disciplining another's kids if they are pissing me off & the parent is oblivious. That same woman once talked me into a visit to the Natural History Museum with her brood & a few more. There was one little girl that just had the devil in her. You could see the bad ideas cross her face. I cut her little ass off at every turn because I knew what she was going to do before she did it. Taking off on her own, fucking with exhibits, running up the escalators the wrong way, busted every time. At one point, after I caught her attempting to shoplift in the giftshop(!), I hauled her into the ladies room & told her that I may not have been her mama but that I had no problem beating her like I was. I swatted her tushie a few times for good measure. She immediately went to her mom & conveniently left out all of the shit she'd done, the mean black lady just hit her for no reason. The bitch came at me nostrils flaring. I was like, whatever, have the little angel turn out her fucking pockets. Sure enough, she'd managed to get a few fetishes from the giftshop before I busted her. The lady went from mad to embarrassed in no time flat. Yeah, I disciplined your kid. Because she's a fucking thief & you were too busy running your mouth to pay attention. Just wait until she's sixteen & blowing thirty-five year olds for pocket change.
ihateoly
QUOTE(vixen_within @ Dec 19 2008, 12:54 PM) *
Wait Oly, is one of them really named Jedidiah?

Indeed, there is a Jedidiah. *shudder* It's horrifying, isn't it? They are complete and utter assholes. I am convinced of it.
Christine Nectarine
-a couple of brief points from a parenting-bustie-
1. 18 is waaaay too many: someone please tell these people about GRANDCHILDREN. you can stop now!
2. sassy, i would question you on the whole "over 40" reasoning, since there are so many considerations and conflicting information on the advantages/disadvantages of being an older mother
3. konphusion - that's just messed up. i know bloody well that if i go somewhere with kiddo in tow, i'm stuck leaving before bedtime. not fair to the kid or you. parents like that make the rest of us look bad...
hellotampon
rolleyes.gif
vixen_within
Why the eyerolly HT?

QUOTE(Christine Nectarine @ Dec 21 2008, 12:25 AM) *
..1. 18 is waaaay too many: someone please tell these people about GRANDCHILDREN. you can stop now!

Except you can't proliferate a cult without grandchildren, seriously.

Konphusion I've got to commend you. I don't believe I would have been able to hold back without letting loose on the child or locking myself in my bedroom. I agree with Pollysterene, your husband needs to take more responsibility too. I think there's a bit of purposeful obtuseness in his inability to understand where you're coming from on this. But even if he can't understand for whatever reasons, he should be able to meet you half way on some ground rules. Don't let making things convenient for other people (and I mean all the players in this scenario, child and adult) suck you dry...
crazyoldcatlady
derailing rant:

i think at least 80% of the guys i've known/dated/wanted to date, want kids. i think i know more men who want kids than women who do. how early do you tell someone you're seeing that you don't?

perhaps this should go in the "quirks" thread, but a vasectomy is a turn-on laugh.gif
humanist77
cocl, I've been known to tell them before the first date. I just make sure to work it into conversation-not necessarily "before we go out on our first date, just so you know, i never want kids"-that might be a bit too strong.
vasectomies are definitely hot-no worries! (as long as you know they are STD free, otherwise)
pollystyrene
LeBoy's vasectomy consultation is set for January 9th. If he'd listened to me and called sooner, we would have been able to get it in before the end of the year and not have to pay our deductible mad.gif Whatever, it will be appropriate if it comes out of our wedding $, seeing as how it's our wedding gift to each other.

Most of our friends, my parents and humanist, and LeBoy's brother know we're doing it. We haven't, and may not tell his parents....at least not for a long while. Someday we'll tell his sister. We mentioned it in passing to his oldest friend a few days ago. The guy grew up a little more devoutly Catholic than LeBoy, but he's not so much anymore and is usually pretty open-minded. He seemed genuinely shocked, "so you're never going to have kids?" I'm not sure where the conversation went after that; I kinda left the room.
auralpoison
Entry of the Gladiators indeed!

My aunt's Xmas present to herself is some kind of endometrio-something where they cauterize her cooch so she doesn't have her flow/can't get pregnant. Lucky bitch.

I would like to add per my previous post on discipline, I was a nanny for several years. Oblivious, lazy people entrusted their children to me on a daily basis. Even if I tried to bring up actual behavioral issues (I'm pretty sure in one instance that the older daughter was sexually abusing the younger brother, but I had no proof outside of the psychological signs & they sacked me when I mentioned it.) bedwetting, soiling themselves, flying into rages, setting fires, cutting, etc. I was ignored as I was just hired help. HIRED HELP THAT WAS RAISING THEIR GODDAMNED KIDS BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO SELF-ABSORBED TO DO IT THEMSELVES & COULDN'T BE BOTHERED. But apparently I didn't know what was what even though at best they spent maybe an hour a day with their kids while I hauled them to & fro, fed them, clothed them, helped with homework, etc.

While I understood/stand that grownups need "me" time, they still shouldn't neglect their kids because that's how a lot of the acting out starts. Negative attention is still attention. I know I was asked to go as help on that trip, but the two moms were so busy gossipping with each other that the kids ran wild.
stargazer
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 22 2008, 05:53 PM) *

that pic totally brightened my day! biggrin.gif

AP, i agree with your view on disciplining children. i've observed parents clearly ignoring the whereabouts of their children in stores. i want to scream, "do you not know about adam walsh? or, kidnapped kids?" i think parents need to be held more accountable. children need to learn there is a hierarchy and they have a place. they are not the center of the universe. i think alot of new age parenting and fear to say no to a child has created alot of centered kids. i think kids need to hear no more often nowadays.

polly, does leboy's vasectomy mean you get to get off the pill? seems like a win-win situation for all parties involved. cool.
sassy
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Dec 22 2008, 05:52 AM) *
LeBoy's vasectomy consultation is set for January 9th. If he'd listened to me and called sooner, we would have been able to get it in before the end of the year and not have to pay our deductible mad.gif Whatever, it will be appropriate if it comes out of our wedding $, seeing as how it's our wedding gift to each other.

Most of our friends, my parents and humanist, and LeBoy's brother know we're doing it. We haven't, and may not tell his parents....at least not for a long while. Someday we'll tell his sister. We mentioned it in passing to his oldest friend a few days ago. The guy grew up a little more devoutly Catholic than LeBoy, but he's not so much anymore and is usually pretty open-minded. He seemed genuinely shocked, "so you're never going to have kids?" I'm not sure where the conversation went after that; I kinda left the room.

I've been trying to convince my husband to look into a vasectomy, but he thinks it will make him less of a man or something along those lines. I'm tired of birth control! I looked into the IUD but I decided as amazing as it sounds, I'm not willing to possibly get a perforated uterus for birth control. (Yes, I know that is rare, but it still really scares me!) Polly, if you don't mind me asking, how old is LeBoy? My husband is 26 and I am 23 so I don't even think I would be able to find a doctor to do it.
pollystyrene
Nope, don't mind you asking at all. He's 31, I'm 28. LeBoy said he read a testimonial somewhere, maybe on the website of the doctor he's going to, where a 25 year old guy went in, wanted a vasectomy; don't know if he was in a committed relationship or not. The doctor told him to wait a year, decide if he still wants it and if he does, he'd do it. He waited the year and the doctor was true to his word.

What's interesting is that I don't have to the consult with him. You hear about the hassle women go through to get their tubes tied or Essure or whatever and he can just waltz in there without any input from me. rolleyes.gif

Oh, I'm already off the pill, star. Been off since August. I just couldn't take it anymore (literally!) When I noticed I was forgetting to take it for a couple days at a time, several times in a month, I knew it was my body's way of telling me it didn't want to do it anymore, because I was always pretty good about remembering it. It just started to feel like I was forcing myself to do something I didn't want to do. We've just been careful, and by careful, I mean frustrated- we haven't had sex since July. Hence me urging him to call sooner. mad.gif
missladyj
Sassy,
my husband is the same way. I was on the pill and loved it but was bad about the everyday thing. I am getting an iud in Feb. Hubby refuses to get snipped. Then is concerned about and IUD. I told him if he wasn't getting snipped then I'm getting an IUD. It so frustrating because it is a much simpler procedure I wish he would just do it already instead of being a big fuckin baby about it. Shit. Can you tell I am kind of salty about it?

stargazer
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Dec 23 2008, 01:51 AM) *
What's interesting is that I don't have to the consult with him. You hear about the hassle women go through to get their tubes tied or Essure or whatever and he can just waltz in there without any input from me. rolleyes.gif

hhmm. this issue brings an interesting debate which i'm not sure if it is appropriate for this thread. but, i find it interesting that when a man wants to have a procedure connected with his reproduction rights...there is very little consultation. women on the other hand need to consult everyone and their mother. or, be the sole party responsible for birth control. bravo to leboy for taking the initiative. missladyj, i can understand you being salty.

Oh, I'm already off the pill, star. Been off since August. I just couldn't take it anymore (literally!) When I noticed I was forgetting to take it for a couple days at a time, several times in a month, I knew it was my body's way of telling me it didn't want to do it anymore, because I was always pretty good about remembering it. It just started to feel like I was forcing myself to do something I didn't want to do. We've just been careful, and by careful, I mean frustrated- we haven't had sex since July. Hence me urging him to call sooner. mad.gif

dood, i think we should totally have a "we're choosing to be child-free" party after leboy has his vasectomy. i already got ideas for party favors! wink.gif
ihateoly
Not to derail topic, but...I hate how inconsiderate people with kids can be AND use their kids as the lone excuse for doing so. Ugh. My sister-in-law is in the middle of a seperation with her current husband and so for some reason, one of her kids is staying 3 hours away from her home with my inlaws, no biggie as that's between them. But somehow my husband and I get roped in. She calls us out of nowhere on sunday to tell us that 1) she and the kids have been puking and have stomach flu and that 2) they're comming over to drop off clothes for the kid far away so that we can take them to the in-laws. We don't have a problem taking the clothes over because we're headed there for x-mas and all, so my husband told her that she could drop off the clothes but that noone could come in because of them having the flu. He explained that as I am uninsured right now, we are moving in a matter of days and due to the fact that neither of us can afford to miss any school or work we just cannot risk being ill. She blew up and got pissed. She told him that she has two kids with her and that if we get sick we would just have to "suck it up". GRRRRR! Why does she get to be an asshole just because she has kids and feels sorry for herself? Now she's pissed and she told us that we were worse than her soon to be ex-inlaws and won't call us. Whatever. She'll get over it eventually. It just bothers me that she had all of these kids that she can't handle, kept marrying losers and now expects it to be everyone else's problem too. And she just lets them do whatever they want. The last time the kids were here, she let the three year old from hell eat a chocolate cupcake on my BEDSPREAD and when I told her that I didn't think that was the best idea, her and her lazy-assed husband looked at me like I was totally overreacting. Thank Maude I won't have to spend x-mas with them. Oh! Congrats on yr man's vasectomy, Stargazer! smile.gif
pollystyrene
Wow that sucks, oly. It's actually my man having the vasectomy.

What party favors were you thinking, star? How about some of those fetus cookies? Maybe everyone can decorate their own? Ha ha ha ha ha! I think we should have an anti-baby shower!

Tell him all the guys are getting them missladyj! We told LeBIL about it and he said, "oh yeah, all my friends have one" They all have 2-3 kids, though. He said none of them have had any problems.
turbojenn
Yep, polly....I totally share your frustration about men being able to walk in and order a snip, but we get hassled. My doc told me last year he wouldn't consider the tubal until I'm 35. I don't like the doc at all, but I've got limited choice with my insurance, and finding a doc that's moderately convenient to public transit. I'm gonna go the IUD route too, probably in Feb as well....my body is also tired of the hormones, and my BC-withdrawl migraines are getting steadily worse as time goes on. Hopefully it will be better with the Paraguard...strangely, its the side effect of potential hair loss is the one that scares me most. I have hair vanity. smile.gif

I think a post-snip celebration is definitely in order!!!
hellotampon
QUOTE(vixen_within @ Dec 21 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Why the eyerolly HT?

I get sick of parents coming in here with their "well here's MY perspective as a parent" posts... even when they do agree with us and even when they DON'T write a book about how they're NOT an obnoxious parent.
konphusion26
QUOTE(missladyj @ Dec 23 2008, 10:13 AM) *
Sassy,
my husband is the same way. I was on the pill and loved it but was bad about the everyday thing. I am getting an iud in Feb. Hubby refuses to get snipped. Then is concerned about and IUD. I told him if he wasn't getting snipped then I'm getting an IUD. It so frustrating because it is a much simpler procedure I wish he would just do it already instead of being a big fuckin baby about it. Shit. Can you tell I am kind of salty about it?

Ditto sister, ditto! Had the snip-snippety convo last week. The hubby said something to the effect of I'd be cutting his balls off and he'd feel like less of a man. WOW. Get the hell over it. We don't use anything right now; but then again we haven't had sex in over a month, going on TWO. So I'm salty too missladyj... big hugs.
culturehandy
And I know men who have also been snipped and have no issues. They have one or two kids, but there isn't anything unmanly about it! I was "involved" with two men, both had been fixed, it was nice not having to worry about things. Someone said a man being clipped was hot! It's totally true, you don't need to worry about pregnancy!

Turbo, that totally blows about the doc, I haven't talked to mine yet, but I am thinking of going off the pill and getting an IUD. I don't forget to take the pill, but I'm getting sick of it. I've been on it for 11 years.
billybonka
Kon, I'm with you... tell your man to get over it. I was snipped long ago. After the initial ball bruising smile.gif it was all good. It's a great feeling to not have to worry about BC.
missladyj
I think it would help if he could talk to someone who has had it done. He's so over listening to me and I try not to bring it up alot. We don't have rugrats , he is pushin 50 and I am so over worrying EVERY FUCKING month about it. ( yes we are still having sex)

I will get the IUD soon. Once that is done with I can chill out for a bit.

Busties really are the best!
pollystyrene
Hey, if these girls are serious about having the "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow" party for LeBoy wink.gif , the two of you are more than welcome to come, of course!
treehugger
(snork)...I love the fetus cookies. smile.gif
culturehandy
with raisin's for eyes.

I'm such a demented fuck that I'd for sure do something gory with the cookies I'd make.
stargazer
ihateoly, oh, i don't have a guy right now. i do want kids. i support my friends who choose to be childfree. that means having a party for them!

polly, dood, i'm totally serious about having a "for he's a jolly good fellow" party for leboy. those fetus cookies are a riot. i was also thinking of having food and treats which would resemble phallic symbols and/or semen. there are alot of ideas. penis straws are a must! oh, and humanist should wear her halloween costume for the event. some people have clowns at a party...we'll have a botched pregnancy at ours.

you know, i think of the sex and the city episode when samantha has a party for not being pregnant. i mean, if we are celebrating life...i think that includes celebrating the right to be childfree.
humanist77
oh, don't try to get me into that costume again-I did it twice, that was enough : P

we went to see The Spirit (as in, Frank Miller::Sin City) and there were two different people in there with screaming toddlers. Eventually both parties left the theatre, but not without at least 5 minutes of screaming. One of them came back after 5 mins, and had to leave again when the kid kept going. These people thought bringing their restless 3 year olds to a very R rated movie would be a good idea *bangs forehead on keyboard*
culturehandy
Speaking of misbehaving children...

I was at the park on christmas day, and it wasn't freezing cold, so there were a fair number of people there. I had the dog off leash, but when I saw people I grabbed.

In front of my at one point was this one woman who was walking backwards taking picture of her kid. I grab the dog and as I was walking past the kid, it decides to throw snow at me and the dog (now it's now so much the snow that pissed me off, but there is this thing called respect) so I said to the woman, I would suggest you don't have your kid throw snow at my dog...and just kept on walking. Then she started saying something and I did catch, "that's right you just keep walking" I was thinking, BITCH, you need to teach your child some boundaries, how do you know my dog doesn't like to eat small children on my command. I wonder if she would have found it funny if I threw knives at her kid...
ihateoly
Oh, man. That's shitty, Culture. I cannot stand when people let their awful children misbehave and when another adult tries to set a boundary and diffuse the chaos, the parents are all "don't discipline MY child!" Ugh. It's not the children's fault, they're going to do whatever they can get away with. Like throwing snow at strangers, natch. I can't believe that mother didn't even chastize her kid and make the kid apologize. What happened to having good manners and teaching kids to have them? Instead she chose to try to pick a fight in front of her kid. That's C-L-A-S-S-Y! dry.gif

Sorry, stargazer and polly! I got y'all mixed up. (D'oh!) I still think it's great whenever someone's man is cool enough to get a vasectomy. I'm still trying to convince mine that it's a fabulous idea. heh.
treehugger
maybe there could be a vaso-challenge? First one to get one wins? Wouldn't it be cool to coordinate a bunch of busties to have a group one? (sterilization, I mean).

I'm loving he idea of a vaso party. I had a tubal party, albeit a very very low-key one...a few friends and pizza. But there was definitely an upbeat celebratory mood. smile.gif

I had enough of dealing with misbehaving children...when I went to my hometown this fall to do Mom's funeral, all of us siblings were there, at a hotel across the street from a tgi fridays I think it was. Since it was so close we walked over...I was walking out front, and my brother was goading his granddaughter into running up behind me and jumping on my back!!! Aaarrrgh.......
missladyj
I love the vaso-challenge idea. It sounds like some demented game show. If hubby could win some vintage les paul gituar it'd might be a go.
turbojenn
Ahhhh, you ladies are the best!! I'm loving the idea of the vaso-challenge!! I don't think turbomann would win, though...he's still highly resistant, and still thinks that he may want kids one day...even though I call it - "she who has the uterus wins." And this uterus is not looking to spawn. tongue.gif

We'll definitely have to get some penis-themed foods for the party - I love it!
stargazer
oh, we can do a vaso-challenge with a twist. we can use a scene from the movie old school for inspiration. the guy who can drop a cement block while the block is attached to the family jewels is the winner.

i was thinking of wearing scrubs, surgurical mask, and bloody knife, but i'm wondering if i should wear this outfit instead. only if someone agrees to wear this costume.
pollystyrene
LOL, star! Well, whoever wants to challenge LeBoy is going to have to beat January 9th. Actually, that's probably just the consultation. I don't think they're going to do the surgery that day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.