Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
pepper
*snort* laughing madly at fj, verah funny chica.

girlbomb, i was wondering about that very thing. glad to hear you've got our backs in the lounge. you rock the techno-retaliation. nice.

i don't want any bacon, sorry. i lived on a farm with a pig, i ain't eatin' that.

i will have an omlet though, mmm. and coffee with vanilla ice cream ('cause that's the only dairy in the house besides butter which is great in hot toddies but not in coffee, ewe...).
zoŽ
Hi everyone, i'm a newbie that was an oldbie (ugh, early 2002 i guess?) that disappeared for a couple years (!!), but am back now - and one reason i'm back is the ignore function, i must say. When i left, things w/the trolls had gotten so bad that it gave me hives, a facial tic and a scorching case of tourettes everytime i logged on and tried to carry on a conversation smile.gif. But this is awesome - my maladies are receeding by the moment, ahaha.
So, anyway nice to meet y'all, and i hope to reconnect w/some folks who might remember me from a gazillion years ago...i was saying in intro i think i used elphie as my name, but you know at my advanced state of mental degeneration i can't be arsed to remember my own phone number half the time smile.gif
pollystyrene
Ah yes, foil, forgot about that- completely takes care of the icky cleanup.

I'm trying to decide, once we get the bacon of the month, if we'll have like monthly breakfasts with friends, or keep it all to ourselves! I hope there's some serving suggestions, because I assume it won't all be breakfast bacon. Mmm, BLT's, quiche, pizza....
pepper
maude-dang this coffee is Fabulous!! oh, calories and caffeine, wow. is this ok for my heart?

polly thanks! i heart you all too.
and i'm glad you don't mind my spelling, i wrote a snotty snark in confessions about that very thing actually.

"WeP.." is that like the royal "We". more like the royal weenie if ya ask me. hardy har har.
doodlebug
The last time he confessed to drunken posting as an excuse for his poor behaviour, some alarm bells went off in my head. Now I am convinced that amazingasshat is an alcoholic and needs to get hisself to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting pronto. This latest "attack" is the internet equivalent of 2:00 AM drunk dialing.

I really wish for a pint of Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. Oh yes, I do. *sigh*

In the real world, I was too lazy to go out to the store today in order to secure any supplies. What is Labour Day for, after all, but resting from one's labours? smile.gif

I DON'T WANT SUMMER TO BE OVER!!!!! WAAAAHHH!!!

Last night I had a dream about Craig T. Nelson. What is wrong with me?
girlbomb
You know what's awesome about the ignore feature? Besides everything? Threads that were all stretched out and wonky look fine now.

I am about to go out and get frozen yogurt of some variety. I will report back as to the flavor and deliciousness anon.
Buster_Love
Oops, wrong thread.
pepper
girlbomb i KNOW! i was totally weirded out by the massive font, pictures and such because ignore makes just an eensy little nothing show up in the thread. it's so easy to actually, well, Ignore it all when it's like that.

ok so what the...?! it's actually playing sort of nice in single word. i peeked and there it was, playing along by the rules with something respectful and appropriate. i laughed at how wonky the posts after it were since no one can actually see what it wrote but still, what the...?!
amilita
Oh, turbo...there's a restaurant here with praline bacon, which is what it sounds like. Bacon with brown sugar and little bits of pecan.
doodlebug
I just like my grease served up on a bacon and egg mcmuffin.

One summer I spent in a rural area, I lived near a pig slaughterhouse. And I still eat bacon. But it took me quite a few years to get over it first.

Ironically, it took me longer to get over doughnuts, after working in a Tim Horton's.
bunnyb
I beg of you doodle NEVER to tell us horror stories concerning doughnuts, ok? I love timbits and I dreamt of Krispy Kremes last night!

I have a confession (related to this thread): I don't like Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, it's too rich for me.

Mmmm, the bacon talk is killing me: praline bacon? oh dear Maude.
maddy29
ok, for some reason this sentence that lucizoe wrote ( a few pages back) is craaacking my ass up;

"Damn, doodlebug. Now I want salty meat!"

loooooooooool!!!! he heee.

ok, i know i'm supposed to talk about pie in this thread- this weekend i was so menstrual and i had no chocolate in my house (which is just sick and wrong) so i bought some swiss cake rolls, a king size caramello, oreos, 2 milky ways and a 3 musketeers bar:) mmmm.

trolls r dumb. tha'ts really all i can say. dumb dumb dumb. i think god will be mad at him for spending all this time posting, when he should be praying. he's definitely going straight to hell.
wombat
Oh, boy.
Fighting cravings for Emack and Bolio's extreme version of (black rasperry and chocolate together) ice cream. I think it's called "Purple Cow"

E and B is a Boston based store that makes gourmet ice cream longer on flavor and texture and shorter on creamcreamcream and sugarsugarsugar. so, the best.
anoushh
Bunnyb--try B&J Chocolate Fudge Brownie frozen yogurt--FINALLY available in the UK. I don't like the regular either, but the frozen yogurt is yummy w/o being so scarily heavy.

Now Wavy Gravy--that was some seriously rich ice cream, but I loved it. And coconut almond chip. All the best flavors are gone. *Sob*

(And remember when B&G used to have chocolate chunks instead of the current "chocolately" chunks? *sob again*)
girlbomb
Sticky. Toffee. Pudding. Ice cream.

Ullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

(Drowns in puddle of own drool.)
bunnyb
Ooh, thanks anoushh, I'll try that! Seem to be unable to hand richness of chocolate now and prefer non-chocolate based ice-creams. Weird. Phish food is a bit rich for me too but I love it so, I just can't have too much of it.

There's a restaurant I love that serves Orkney fudge ice cream and it is too die for.
pepper
'scuse me girlbomb? what and where, tell me NoW and no one gets hurt.
girlbomb
It's a limited edition from Haagen Dazs. I saw it on the Food Network, and I actually went to the HD site to find out where they're selling it. Me and the Mr. have oinked down several pints of it so far (hey, it's a limited edition, time is of the essence), and it's consistently delish. Highly recommended!
anoushh
QUOTE(girlbomb @ Sep 7 2006, 12:46 PM) *
(hey, it's a limited edition, time is of the essence)

I like the way you think, girlbomb.
pollystyrene
I just called to find out where they're selling it around me, and they're sending me coupons!! Call them- 800.767.0120 from 10am- 8pm, ET, Mon-Fri and I'm sure they'll offer you coupons too!!
yuefie
Thanks polly! I'ma callin' right now tongue.gif
yuefie
Awww yeah, money saving coupons on the way smile.gif And I got a list of several places nearby who are "authorized" to carry that flavor. Now I have to hunt it down and ask the frozen foods manager to order it if they are not yet stocking it. That's what the nice lady on the phone told me to do, hehe.

pollystyrene
Yeah, the lady I talked to (my "ice cream expert") said that it sells really fast, you it may take a couple of trips before you're there at the right time.
lucizoe
Mr.Luci luuuuuuurves the sticky toffee pudding. Boy is rail thin and easily eats three pints of that a week. I'll be glad when it's not available anymore, 'cause my willpower is weak and he keeps bringing ice cream into the damn house...

I tried the german chocolate cake, also limited edition...good if you're into coconut wink.gif

The grocery store next door also carries wine sorbet. Frozen wine. It's divine.
yuefie
DAAAAMN you girlbomb! Double DAMN you Haagen Dazs! I was on my way home and stopped in a 7-11 and the Haagen Dazs two for $7 sign caught my eye. So of course I decided just to glance in 'cause I mean, what could it hurt? Lo and behold, STICKY TOFEE PUDDING was there! So I bought one for mah'self, and one for my sis cause I knew she would love it and then eat the whole thing. I was right, she said it was love at first bite. Not as much so as her beloved B&J's oatmeal cookie, but love nonetheless. PJ is not in to anything that is vanilla based and doesn't contain chocolate or coffee (with the exception of strawberry cheesecake or pistachio) so I can savor this little pint for a while. I think I made myself sick though, my tummy is feeling kinda iffy and is all bloated. Frikkin lactose be damned, it is deeeeliciousoso.

sixelacat
Oh, so THAT'S why I can't find any Sticky Toffee Pudding around here, Mr. Luci's got it all!!!

*steals pint from Luci's freezer and runs away*
mornington
hang on hang on hang on... frozen wine! I want me some of that. I really really do - what's it called, luci?
mandolyn
currently have the mr on a mission to find sticky toffee pudding.
damn you. damn you all to hell.
lucizoe
Heh, mornington, I'm not sure...I'll check next time I'm in the grocery store. I think it's a new york state company, though...

auralpoison
Mornington, you could probably make your own frozen wine sorbet with your fave bev. Or a granita, rather. Cup of wine, cup of water, some sugar to taste. Cook up the water & sugar, add the wine & then freeze in a shallow pan. When it's semi-solid, smoosh it up (Me, I like to grate it with a fork.) a bit & refreeze in a diff container. If you want it completely smooth, run it through a food processor or blender. It's not really that much work. I do it with cranberries or apples for Thanksgiving. But I am a foodie & I likes my hooch.
mornington
ooh, thanks AP. I hadn't really thought of that... I think I'll have to try it.
bunnyb
Hmmm, I wonder whether the UK stocks the Sticky Toffee Pudding Haagen Daz?

In the meantime I have sticky toffee pavlova (meringue and cream dessert).
raisingirl
By the time I got around to calling HD for the coupon offer, its office was closed for the evening.

Oh, sweet agony! I am dying to try this ice cream. Seems like it's more widely available than Choco Tacos.

HD's Dulche de Leche (sp?) is pure torture, I tell you.

Mmm, Pavlovas. Here we go again with the Pavlova talk... rolleyes.gif
yuefie
Awww, I wish I could share mine with ya raisin. I can't really eat it since I've been living on the edge , eating ice cream at all with my tummy troubles. *le sigh* no more for moi!
raisingirl
I appreciate the gesture, Lovey, but I pigged out this weekend even without ice cream. It's probably just as well we don't live in neighboring states or anything -- but I ONLY mean that for the ice cream factor! hee. Come here for a visit and I will bathe you in Lactaid, my sweet, and then we will go out for ice cream. MWA HA HA!
roseviolet
Anyone know how long Haagen Daz plans to carry the Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream? Isn't it just a limited time thing? I haven't managed to go out & get some because I have actual sticky toffee pudding in my house at the moment. But I wouldn't want to miss something that's gotten such rave reviews, you know?

I was on a food blog yesterday and saw the most amaaaaaaaazing photos of cream puffs. Delicate pasty filled with delicious creamy custard. Droooooool!
raisingirl
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Sep 12 2006, 12:07 AM) *

Anyone know how long Haagen Daz plans to carry the Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream? Isn't it just a limited time thing?

July to January, according to HD's website. There's plenty of time.

And while we're on the subject, the German Chocolate Cake flavor is available until October.

And to quote Mando: Damn you. Damn you all to hell.

RV, I've made cream puffs/profiteroles all from scratch. I highly recommend it.
doodlebug
Ice cream, pudding, pavlova....fuck, y'all, I got NOTHIN' sweet in the house. Now I'm gonna hafta go out to the store, and that means putting a bra on. And you KNOW how I feel about that.

But I do need milk anyway, for my morning cereal.

*prepares to go queue with the murderers at the all-night petrol station*
yuefie
Would it suprise you, raisin my sweet, that I was airfare dreaming earlier? *heavy sigh* I just wanna come and hug all you right coasters, dang it!

Poor doodle has to put a bra on, damnit! The annoyances never end biggrin.gif *mwah* doodlie dearest

doodlebug
I'm ba-a-a-ack!

B&J Chunky Monkey. Mmm.
roseviolet
Hold the phone! German Chocolate Cake ice cream?!?! How did I not know about this?!

What sucks is that Sheff and I bought a lot of ice cream from the local dairy this weekend (we currently have 5 pints in the freezer), so I'd feel terribly guilty about buying more, but ... but if it's only available for the next month or so, I have an obligation to buy it, right? Right?!
anoushh
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Sep 12 2006, 05:00 AM) *

Hold the phone! German Chocolate Cake ice cream?!?! How did I not know about this?!

What sucks is that Sheff and I bought a lot of ice cream from the local dairy this weekend (we currently have 5 pints in the freezer), so I'd feel terribly guilty about buying more, but ... but if it's only available for the next month or so, I have an obligation to buy it, right? Right?!

Of course you do. Here it is years later and I'm still mourning the demise of Wavy Gravy and that Coconut Almond Chip (whatever it was called) ice cream. *sob*

Stocking up is for your own good and mental well being. If one of my favorite flavors came back I'd be stocking up all over the place.
roseviolet
Anoushh, I remember you mentioning that coconut almond fudgy deliciousness before. Sounds like heaven. Where can one find coconut ice cream, anyway? I think I've seen coconut sorbet/sherbet/whatever, but not actual ice cream.

And thanks for the permission wink.gif

I hear that B&J had a wonderful blueberry ice cream for a while - again ice cream rather than sorbet - that was amazing. Never got to try it, though sad.gif

Moving away from ice cream for a moment ... have any of you tried Green & Black's ginger flavored chocolate bar? I saw it in the store & was tempted to get it, but I don't know.
anoushh
It was a Ben and Jerry's flavor. Gone now. *sob*

I think I may have to get an ice cream maker and make some myself.

I've had the G&B ginger flavor. It you like ginger, you'll probably like it. My favorite G&Bs are the mint and the almond (which I like in part b/c it's a slighlty more chocolately milk chocolate than most. Yum.)

I ate a whole bar after realising Bush had taken the last election. I think that was a fairly restrained response. (I don't remember if that was before or after I burst into tears.)
bunnyb
That G&B bar must be good, if it sustained you through that!

rose, I bought the boy the ginger bar recently as he was bereft that he didn't get a Thornton's easter egg with ginger pieces through it and I've heard nothing else since... he raved about the bar.

doodle, good choice on the chunky monkey! I must get me some more ice cream, I'm all out and obsessed just now.

pavlova talk good!
raisingirl
So... ::cozying up to Bunny:: is the Pavlova strictly a summer dessert?

Yum yum yum.

You see, I might have to plot a Pavlova attack for this coming weekend, but it's kind of hard to find good (local) berries at this time of year. I'm late by a couple of weeks, I think.

So do you make Pavlovas in the non-summer months? If so, what fruit(s) do you use?
bunnyb
Oh defintely! My favourite is my mum's with raspberries but a winter fruits one would be lovely (blueberries a must!)

eta: Here's Delia's

mmmm, red berries ... v. festive.
raisingirl
OMG, banana and ginger? That's a genius idea.

Okay, maybe I'd spring for the blueberries at $5 a pint. Maybe.
bunnyb
but bananas and ginger would be good too! or the mango and pasion fruit. K, going to have to attempt my own soon. I didn't even think of other fruits - just berries - but the possibilites are endless!
pollystyrene
I think Trader Joe's sells a blueberry ice cream. I don't know what the brand is, but last time I was there, they were sampling a spoonful of the blueberry ice cream with a spoonful of their blueberry pie. OMG.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.