Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
anoushh
Um, when I say "recently" that includes last night. Wow.

The best book I read in the last year was "Parting the Waters: America in the King Years" by Taylor Branch. It's the first book in his trilogy of books about the civil rights movement. I thought I knew a lot about, but this taught me so much more. I mean, these were INCREDIBLE, brave people. And it also showed how Harry Belafonte was incredibly active and financially and otherwise supportive of the movement. He clearly didn't put his money and his career first, like some others chose to.
Plus, he's a great performer and always comes off like such a nice guy.

Rose, nutella in the fridge should last for a while.
turbojenn
anoushh - thanks for the book reco - I might just check that one out.

raisin, rose, you *need* to make your own nutella. Truly, it is your busting trolls duty to do so. I had a butter croissant from the bakery with nutella on it for breakfast, with fresh raspberries from the farmers market, and it might be the finest breakfast I've ever eaten.

I do imagine it'll last a good long while in the fridge, not that it will *actually* last that long. heh. AND, the homeade nutella is much more nutty tasting and less sweet - superior in all ways, I'd say. smile.gif Go for it!!!
bunnyb
weird, I had a toasted croissant with nutella for breakfast too! minus the raspberries though sad.gif. I can recommend blueberries as a nice accompaniment.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(turbojenn @ Sep 16 2006, 11:00 AM) *

raisin, rose, you *need* to make your own nutella. Truly, it is your busting trolls duty to do so.

Is that like buying American (and large quantities of it) to stop the terrorists? tongue.gif
sassygrrl
Well, I found a recipe from Racheal Ray about making these little mud pies. I couldn't find wonton wrappers in the stores. Basically, nutella, graham crackers, and whipped cream.... Think I'll buy two jars... smile.gif

Polly, you make me giggle!
sassygrrl
Mud Pie Nutella Recipe

4 mini graham cracker pie crusts in tins, available on baking aisle
2/3 cup milk chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
1 pint coffee ice cream
1 canister real whipped cream, from dairy aisle
Chocolate covered espresso beans, for garnish

Arrange pie tins on serving platter. Warm hazelnut spread for 40 seconds on high in microwave. Spread 1/4 of the spread into each little pie crust and cool 1 minute. Place 1 large scoop coffee ice cream in each tin to fill pies. Top pies with whipped cream and garnish pies with chocolate covered espresso beans.

Serve with coffee and anise liqueur (recommended: Sambuca).
turbojenn
heee! polly, I think it is *exactly* like that. Maybe we wouldn't even have terrorists if they had nutella available to them anytime - I mean, who'd have time to plot anything with nutella in the pantry!

uhhhh....thos mud pies sound awesome......
sassygrrl
I'll let ya gals know tomorrow... smile.gif
pollystyrene
lol turbo! Nutella- the cause of and solution to all of life's problems!
turbojenn
Yep, that's about the long and short of it, I think.

I just had some vanilla soy cream smothered in nutella, and I declare it delicious!
sixelacat
Oh, damn you evil Busties! Damn you all! I've dropped almost 10 pounds in the last couple of weeks eating nothing but fish, fresh veg, and steamed rice. I just returned from the grocer with more veg, brown rice, and 3 PINTS OF ICE CREAM! (B&J Pistachio, Black & Tan, and HD coconut/pineapple). Now I might actually have to *shudder* exercise...... tongue.gif

And more Bustie coincidence, anoushh, I'm reading that book right now..... huh.gif

*wanders out with Twilight Zone music in head*
Kalevra
Sassy....

You bitch! smile.gif

How could you post that recipe here.....DAMN YOU!

I love cooking, but I have NEVER done any cakes, cookies, tarts or any sweet stuff, only because I have not a sweet tooth...(apart from a baked alaska I did a few years ago) but that mudpie deal looks frikkin delish.

confession: I have not had Nutella for approximately 12 YEARS! And that because if I look at a cake, I put on weight....

I am going to resist further, maybe I would make a great terrorist.....impervious to Nutella, the demise of all good terorrists...
sassygrrl
I'm so delicious evil aren't are? Mwamhahaha!

I too have gained at least 5 pounds from eating more B&J (Vermonty Python and Black and Tan are my two fav flavors at current moment) and Sticky Toffee Pudding HD....

And now with the Nutella mudpie recipe and wontons..

shudders to think that I may have to work out again....

Evil evil sassy.... smile.gif

bunnyb
Are Haribo sweets available outwith the UK? I looove Haribo and really should have picked some up today for a sugar fix.
sassygrrl
Bunny, I just found some via Amazon. Those are gummy bears right? They look really good. smile.gif
bunnyb
gummy bears are, yes. Here there are various mixes you can buy (star mix and tangtastics are my favourites; the latter is sugared jellies and the former are gummy bears, jelly hearts, jelly rings and cola bottles). Mmmm. Incredibly addictive and very bad for you but such a sugar high, haribo is an institution amongst my friends and I.
sassygrrl
Not a huge fan of gummy bears, but these look a little different. May have to give them a try. smile.gif

I really miss this cadbury bar that the UK makes called Double Decker.
bunnyb
IPB Image

are you vegetarian? they are full of gelatine. I may need to take a walk to shops to buy some.

eta: mmm, double deckers!

I forgot the fried eggs, the only eggs I'll eat.
sassygrrl
Nope. Not vegetarian. Have to try to find some. I'll look at the shops today when I'm out.

Mmm...fried eggs.
bunnyb
Haribo, Lucozade and B&J Dublin Mudslide bought. That should keep me awake for a while.
sassygrrl
Mmm.. Dublin Mudslide is so great!

May have to pick up some toffee pudding ice cream.... smile.gif

doodlebug
I have a weird food confession. One of my favourite things to eat when I don't want to cook is very unhealthy, and probably very childish, but I don't care. I cook Sapporo Ichiban (chicken) noodles/soup (they are a kind of ramen noodle), slice some cheddar cheese, and get some unsalted stoned wheatthins (the big proper kind, not those little ones Sandy Duncan used to advertise). Then I break the wheatthins (they are already perforated!), make a little cheese sandwiches out of them, and dunk them one at a time in the soup till the cheese gets melty. These are very messy to eat. Then I eat the noodles with all the bits of melty cheese on them. I suppose you could do it with any kind of soup (one with less sodium would probably be much healthier), but I like to twirl the ramen noodles on a fork.
ambercherry
doodle, that sounds like my kind of meal! and it sounds so good right now, too...as i am very hungry.

i'm waiting for my partner to come home with some st. hubert take out (st. hubert is like a swiss chalet)...

i think i've posted this somewhere before, but i can't remember if and exactly where (could have been here)...but one of my favourite snacks to eat is a bowl of regular chips with some sharp old cheddar and a glass of red wine. and, if i add a few grape or cherry tomatoes and some shrimp, i've got a whole meal. tongue.gif

(my partner just made score toffee bits fudge the other day...yummy!)
punkerplus
Just wanted to add that tangtastic cherries are the best sweet ever. EVER.
bunnyb
They are! I picked up a bag of star mix (eaten) and sour mix yesterday and I'm so looking forward to eating the cherries in work!
roseviolet
I bought some sticky toffee pudding HD today. The cashier at the SuperTarget was asking me all about it, including "What is sticky toffee pudding, anyway?" I managed not to try any until I got home.
Oh.
My.
Dangerously yummy! And luckily, I think it could be very easy to reproduce this delicious goo. The cakey pudding itself seems to taste more of gingerbread than of ordinary S.T.P., in my opinion. And it's in just simple vanilla ice cream. I may have to do some experimental cooking someday & report to you on the results!
quietmadness
I just made some Suzanne Somers mint chocolate chip homemade icecream!

Pretty darned good--especially since you have to use real cream to make it! Mmmmmm.

Did the Fairy Lady block the loser who posted huge pages of crap everywhere?
pollystyrene
I got my Haagen-Dazs coupons today (finally!) It's 50 cents off a pint, quart or package of bars. They also sent a list of their flavors. I'm going to try to find the german chocolate cake before it's gone next month. And the blueberry cheesecake is calling my name, even though it's lite.

Does anyone know where I can find some cinnamon ice cream? Do any of the major brands make it at Christmas or anything? I wonder if Graeter's makes it. Ooo, they do- it's seasonal, only in November and December. My BGP looooves cinnamon ice cream. Maybe I'll have one shipped to her in a couple months.
pherber
Aaargghh... I hope I'm not guilty of f**ding the t****, I mean almost literally...
Maybe I should've read the proper instructions, on how to exactly bust him.
When I tried to read more in this thread, I almost started to cry, because of my gluten/kasein free diet, reading about those yummy things is just too much for me. sad.gif
*tries to find some comfort peach* (It's not the same!)

So if anyone knows how to get rid of him, please let me know.
pepper
there is an ignore function. that way you can't see his posts at all. it's lovely. it's under my controls, manage ignored users.
Plecostomus
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Sep 15 2006, 10:25 AM) *

Ok..I stole this from another web site, but it looked like something people over here might enjoy, I'd just sub in Nutella for choclate:

YOUR AGE IN CHOCOLATE
Don't tell me your age; you probably would tell a falsehood anyway--but Lady Godiva will know!

YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATH
This is pretty neat.

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute .
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun! .
1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate
(more than once but less than 10)
2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
3. Add 5
4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756 ....
If you haven't, add 1755.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number
The first digit of this was your original number
(i.e., how! many times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers are
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

Let’s unravel this little mystery. First, compile the steps into one compact expression:

2n, where n in the “chocolate number”
2n+5
50(2n+5)
50(2n+5) + (1755 if you haven’t had a birthday this year, or 1756 if you haven’t)
50(2n+5) + (1755 or 1756) – b, where b is your birth year

Now simplify the expression algebraically

50(2n+5) + (1755 or 1756) – b Expand the parenthetical expression to get
100n + 250 + (1755 or 1756) – b Add to get
100n + (2005 or 2006) – b

Basically, all you’re doing is multiplying your “chocolate number” by 100 and adding your age (given by the year of your last birthday minus your birth year). Somebody complicates the math with rudimentary algebra and obscures it with step notation and you’re all mystified. I was hoping that one of you could have figured it out by now, but no such luck. sad.gif

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Sep 18 2006, 07:24 PM) *

I just made some Suzanne Somers mint chocolate chip homemade icecream!

Pretty darned good--especially since you have to use real cream to make it! Mmmmmm.

Did the Fairy Lady block the loser who posted huge pages of crap everywhere?

Maybe. wink.gif

QUOTE(girlbomb @ Sep 13 2006, 06:26 PM) *

Oh, sorry, toots, I've been out here on Fire Island all week with limited net connectivity. I totally meant to report the IP address I have on file for you to AOL -- you're abusing their terms of service, you know -- but it slipped my mind, being out here on vacay and all. I'll be sure to do it first thing when I get home, though, if you still want me to. I know how sad you must be over being upstaged by hummingbird. sad.gif

I already responded to this, but my post was deleted. Anyway, I thought of something else. The IP address contains the network that was used (in this case, AOL) and the computer that was used. However, the AOL account is independent of the computer, since it can be accessed from any computer with AOL software. Thus, in order to kick a user off for terms of use violation, AOL would have to sniff around to link an AOL account to the computer that most often accesses it, if it is always the same computer, all to give a paying customer the boot over some harmless Internet mischief. Don’t get me wrong; it is possible, so I'd prefer it if she didn't try. It’s just that it’s about as likely as the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl this season. laugh.gif

I’m actually glad that she at least has a semi-viable threat against me, because it gives me a nice excuse to quit spamming the Lounge, which took sooooo much longer than I expected. I know most of you don’t know what it’s like to work a full time job, but trust me; it doesn’t leave much time for 6 hour spamming binges.

P.S.

No, I don’t feel I was upstaged by a moronic, ranting, foulmouthed racist like Hummingbird. I’ll just say that the Lounge doesn’t need another Pepper – wait, Pepper isn’t racist.
bunnyb
there isn't a limit on how many users (or uder aliases) can be put on ignore, is there?
pherber
laugh.gif
Thanks pepper!
pixiedust
I called and told RV about this, but for those who are trying to eat somewhat healthy..yoplait came out with a new yogurt flavor....creamy expresso! OMG it is like a mouth orgasm! * Suddenly wondering if they could make a nutella flavored yogurt*

Rose, do experiement. I haven't used my ice cream maker in so long....But I am suddenly thinking that I might have a recipie for peanut butter ice cream...and if a substituted Nutella.....Oh My!
culturehandy
Must.Not.Say.Anything.To.Troll.In.Sex.Thread.

Gaaaaaa I can't take it!
bunnyb
If they insist in spamming us, could they not, at least, ensure they spell correctly? or is that the whole point - that spam has to be as agrravating and as unsightly as possible?

*see Loosing weight. No thanks siree, I would prefer my flabby bits weren't flabbier, I want it toned and tight not as loose as a sack of spuds.
pepper
oh oh, bad news on the french front chacha...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060919/hl_nm/obesity_france_dc

bunny, ha ha *laughing* sack of spuds ppffttt!
pixiedust
Ok..I know it's not a sweet, but I had fried alligator for dinner tonight...yummy!

quietmadness
I LOVE ALLIGATOR!! Yummm.

And Nutella ice cream? Just go on and call me catatonic. Sooo much pleasure, so little time!

I'm lovin' it that there are French fatties, too. I thought they didn't GET fat!

Fuck you, tr0ll. Die.
lucizoe
Please, don't even fucking acknowledge them. It's that simple, really. If no one would give any indication that they exist, and just quietly put them on ignore, then the problem is solved. Please.
pepper
i love ignore.
i will never eat alligator.
or nutella.
i'm working on making that nutella recipe though, just need some motivation to do it. can't be bothered right now, i am not cravign sweets of any kind.
i did eat an entire bag of saltwater taffy the other day though but that was because there were so many flavours, i wanted to try them all.
it made my teeth hurt.
turbojenn
pepper, you *must* try that nutella recipe soon soon soon! It is so incredibly delicious, and seems much less sweet than the commercial version (which I vow to never purchase again). Thanks for sharing the recipe...I'm loving it!
deschatsrouge
Outdated Troll Rant:

I get soooo pissed off at the trolls in the survivor space who tell me to effing forgive my rapist. The troll telling us that is probably a man and probably a rapist.

GAAAAAH!!!!!
pepper
use that ignore function. USE IT!! it's so fabulous. all the ranting in the world and i never. ever have to read even one teensy word of it. aaahhhh... lovely.
bunnyb
yeah, what's the point of being given an ignore function if we're not going to use it?

unfortunately it doesn't work against spam, only the lounge fairy can clean it up.

eta: although, deschatsrouge, that is cruel but he's only saying it because he knows it will upset people.
girlygirlgag
Okay, so I entered a veggie chili cook off today, so I am welcoming any suggestions! I cannot put what I have come up with so far, for the internet is not safe place to tread and I am psychotically competitive!
turbojenn
I loooove lots of garlic, and some chipotle in adobo sauce for that smoky ZING...also, I like mine with lots of veg, anything I've got on hand - chili is more about the seasonings in my book. I made a fabulous one once with a bunch of fennel that I had on hand, with lots of carrots, beans, garlic bell peppers of all colors, zuchini...now I want to make it again...
pixiedust
GGG...I don't have the recipie, but I once had "chocolate chili". It was really good! I remeber it had just enough chocolate to add a hint of sweetness. Anyway, it had won an award at a competition. You could try searching for a recipie of it.
roseviolet
GGG, the favorite chili recipe in my house is for white chili. I imagine it would be extremely easy to veggie-fie the recipe. You might do a search for white chili recipes for inspiration.
raisingirl
GGG, pages 64-65 of Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian has an outstanding chili recipe. Everyone I've ever made it for absolutely loves it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.