Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
yuefie
Oh, I love that book raisin. I will have to try that recipe.

GGG, my best friend makes an incredible and spicy white chili with tofu. It's always a hit, super tasty but it is really labor intensive. If interested, let me know. I'm sure I can weasle the recipe out of him wink.gif

bunnyb
mmmm chilli... yuefie, did you not mention chilli flavoured hot chocolate to me once? there's a chocolate deli here that does that but I've never tried it, really must.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Sep 20 2006, 08:02 PM) *

GGG...I don't have the recipie, but I once had "chocolate chili". It was really good! I remeber it had just enough chocolate to add a hint of sweetness. Anyway, it had won an award at a competition. You could try searching for a recipie of it.

That is the greek chilli that Cincinnati is so famous for, so since I live here, it won't fly:(

I think I have my killer recipe down....... Once the competition is over, I will let you know what it is~!
mornington
bunny, i think there's a recipe for chili hot chocolate in the G&B cookbook... I might be wrong though. You add chili flakes to proper hot choc and it's divine.

bunnyb
oooh, I think there is! As yet I haven't made anything from it! *why* is it that when I was writing the dissertation I had no shortage of motivation for cooking?! I also have a tub of B&J and a tub of HD in freezer and haven't touched either! Again, why is it I always want something when I can't have it?!

Some chilli with rice, guacamole, soured cream and tortillas would be really really good just now.
pollystyrene
Ben & Jerry's had a contest where people could submit their own ideas for new flavors. Here's the final five. I think I like the Wackie Chan, but the Italian Renaissance looks good too.

It doesn't say when they'll announce the winner. sad.gif
ginger_kitty
ApricotAbra.....mmmmmm.......drools.......

I could swear I skimmed an article somewhere about a meatloaf ice cream? I should have read it more carefully......but yuck all the same.
sixelacat
Uuuuuuuummmmm, ginger-flavoured ice cream with chocolate covered fortune cookie bits...........I waaaaaaant this......*dissolves in puddle of drool*
bunnyb
they all sound so good! do you think the combination of B&J Dublin Mudslide and HD Strawberries and Champagne would be too weird? I can't decide between them!
free_spirit
Maybe I am a little off today, but where is the "Ignore" button.
auralpoison
Go to My Controls & look under Options for manage ignored users.
pixiedust
GGG..well, I guess that makes sense since teh person who made it for me was from there too.

Now I'm thinking I may need to make chili tomorrow. I don't make it often anymore becuse Mr. Pixie doesn't like the beans, mushrooms or cheese that I put in it...but maybe I'll buy him a can of the no bean stuff he likes. We have friends coming over tomorrow night and that might make a nice tasty dinner. Especially if I make some gooey Cinnamon rolls to go with it!
deschatsrouge
*burns cross in efilorp4's lawn*

Thats for being a Nazi-ass chrisitian extremist. The next time fly a plane into an abortion clinic like the rapist Taliban religious Nazi you are, we'll know who you are, and that you are in Hell. Because that's where Goddess sends all her little wayward fuck nuts and biblical literalists.

To quote Linda Blair in the Exorcist "jesus Fuck Me!"

bunnyb
IGNORE AND PLEASE STOP FEEDING HIM!!!
deschatsrouge
sorry, sometimes I can't help my self.
bunnyb
Eating Cherry Garcia for the first time and it's lovely but not as nice as Carte D'or Spagnola.

eta: omg, just looked at Carte D'or website and they do a Toblerone flavour! I *need* to try that and the Greek Yoghurt and Honey flavour. *Licks lips*
bunnyb
anyone for some nutella recipes?

Fresh Figs in Nightgowns

Source: Desserts 1-2-3 by Rozanne Gold

Serves 4.

12 large ripe purple figs
1 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt

Wash figs and pat dry. Set aside.

Put Nutella in a warm place so it is easy to spoon. Or place the jar in a bowl of very hot water. Spoon Nutella into a clean, dry bowl. Whisk in 1 cup yogurt until completely smooth.

One by one, dip each fig into the mixture, holding it by its stem. Cover each fig completely or almost completely with a thin coating. Place on a large plate lined with wax paper. Refrigerate until very cold.

Serve a few tablespoons of plain yogurt alongside. This looks great presented on fresh fig, grape, or lemon leaves. Serve immediately with a fork and a knife.

NOTE: If you don't feel like dipping the figs, you can serve them whole with a ramekin of the sauce on the side, or cut the figs in half lengthwise and generously drizzle with the sauce.

Creamy Nutella Cheesecake

Crust
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Filling
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/2 cup milk
1 (13 ounce) jar Nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients. Pat into the bottom of springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.

In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract until just combined. Add egg yolks and egg, beat on low until just combined. Add milk and Nutella and mix completely.

Pour filling into springform pan. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Place springform pan on a deep cookie sheet and then place in oven. Create a water bath by adding water to the outer cookie sheet, just enough to fill the pan halfway up the side of the springform pan. This will help buffer the heat from the bottom of the oven.

Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until center appears set when shaken lightly. Remove from water bath and cool on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan, cool, and store in the refrigerator.

Makes about 12 slices.

Grilled Pineapple with Nutella

Source: Giada De Laurentiis - Everyday Italian

2 pineapples, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch
thick slices and core removed
2/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Nutella
6 tablespoons whipping cream
Olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts

Prepare the outdoor barbecue to medium-high heat. If you do not have a barbecue, you can use an indoor grill pan set to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill. Grill the pineapple slices until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes per side. It's important to leave the pineapples on the grill, untouched so that you can create the grill marks. While the pineapples are cooking, whisk the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend. Set aside.

Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place in a microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds to blend well. Alternatively, you can combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small saucepan, set over low heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Heat until satiny smooth and easy to pour, about 3 to 5 minutes.

Transfer the pineapple slices to a large platter. Drizzle the warm chocolate-hazelnut sauce over.

Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.

10 to 12 servings

Chocolate-Nutella Covered Strawberries with Champagne

Purchase your favorite Champagne and chill.

Buy fresh strawberries that have their stems intact. Wash, dry and refrigerate the strawberries. (Cold strawberries will cause the chocolate to harden and there will be less dripping.)

Chocolate dip: Buy a jar of Nutella. Place 1 cup of Nutella in a double boiler or fondue pot. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Heat over low heat! Add more heavy cream as needed until the consistency of heavy cream.

Baked French Toast with Nutella

Makes 4 to 8 servings.

Make-ahead trick: Fill the French toast and make up the custard in advance. In the morning, about 40 minutes before eating, dip toast in custard and bake it while the coffee brews and you set the table.

Toast
4 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese,
at room temperature
6 tablespoons Nutella, at room temperature
8 slices white bread

Custard
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Confectioners' sugar
Maple syrup (optional)

To make sandwich: Mix cream cheese and Nutella until combined. Spoon mixture on 4 bread slices and spread all the way to outside edges, then top with remaining slices to make sandwiches. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to bake.

To make custard: In flat container with an airtight lid large enough to hold a bread slice, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

To assemble: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with sides with nonstick cooking spray.

Dip sandwiches into custard, turning once, for 2 minutes on the first side and 1 on the second to soak up as much of the custard as possible. Lay drained slices on pan and bake for 15 minutes, then turn them over and bake for 20 minutes more, or until toast is golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with sifted confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup, if desired. Recipe can easily be doubled.
mornington
the toblerone ice-cream is to die for... it's up there with the ben & jerrys. Carte d'or do - or did - a chocolate orange one as well that was rather yummy.

I now want cheesecake. And strawberries in nutella. So wrong...

bunnyb
No, strawberries in nutella are not wrong, they are exquisite.

Mmmm, must pick up some Toblerone carte d'or and some of the spagnola whilst I'm there.
sassygrrl
Damn you bunny... now, I want cheesecake!! sad.gif
bunnyb
nutella cheesecake? tongue.gif
sassygrrl
Yes love!

Holy shit, that toberlerone ice cream sounds so awesome!! I always tend to eat those at work (and Dairy Milks) during my deadlines....

I think I'm getting the boy addicted to Nutella... smile.gif
bunnyb
Good start! You could always spread it over him and lick it off... The boy doesn't like nuts in anything sweet (oo-er!) which means no sharing nutella, toblerone ice-cream, chunky monkey etc with him.
sassygrrl
Heh. I may have to pick some up this weekend....
Probably pick up some toffee pudding ice cream. Been craving that lately. smile.gif
And the boy of course!!
yuefie
Oh.My.God. white stilton with blueberries.

And carmelized onion english cheddar, olive & italian herb gouda, onion & chive double gloucester and jalapeno havarti are a few of the cheeses I just purchased.

What's that they say about not shopping on an empty stomach? Well it's even worse when you are hungry after not eating much for a couple of days, and have been in a kind of funk. I went to Trader Joes and went crazy. And I blame you all. Yes I do. It all started with the pie, but really I believe this thread is probably responsible for at least a few lbs. on BUSTie asses tongue.gif

MMmmm... I bought such baaaad stuff, all kinds of yummies: ciltanro, cotija cheese & roasted pecan dip, unfiltered extra virgin olive oil to go with the rosemary bread, blue cheese stuffed olives, sundried tomato basil hummus, eggplant hummus, sundried tomato & basil pesto torta, whole grain chicken ravioli, poltena, sundried tomato pesto, atrichoke lemon pesto, tarte d'alsace, carmelized onion feta tartlets, chocolate lava cakes, mango mochis, and some chocolate of course.

bunnyb
white stilton with blueberries? *falls over with legs in air*

did you buy any ice-cream? wink.gif
yuefie
mmm hmmmm, stoney field farms organic vanilla chai biggrin.gif
anoushh
I cannot wait to be able to eat blue cheese again.

Just wanted to share that the Trader Joe's chocolate hazelnut spread doesn't have any of the scary ingredients of nutella and actually includes hazelnut oil. And it's GOOOOOOD. I've recently discovered this.

(I wish they hadn't stopped carrying the TJ's mango shave cream, though.)
bunnyb
spamarama in MW reported.

yuefie, how was that glorious cheese?

had goats cheese with seville orange and chilli marmalade today and some manchego cheese (ah, tapas...) I need some more protein in diet so that equates to more cheese, yes?
mandolyn
no more mango shave cream? *weep*
yuefie
bunny, up until yesterday I had never tried toblerone. It just so happens that while shopping yesterday I saw the white chocolate version. And yes, I was weak, so I bought it. Oh my. I competely blame you bunny, it's all *your* fault!

psssst... mandi & annoush, Alba Botanicals makes a mango vanilla shave cream.

doodlebug
At BFF's birthday today, we ate black forest cake till we were sick.

Actually, I nearly cried my face off when I went to the shop today to pick one up. They were OUT! And it is BFF's FAVOURITE! So I whined piteously, "But it's my best friend's birthday!" And they made me one up special.

biggrin.gif
anoushh
That's nice about the cake.

The mister's been using the Alba shave cream, and it's close but he doesn't like it quite as well. And it costs a bit more. Maybe we need a letter writing campaign....

I worked in a bakery and I'm still scarred by my experience of having to work with white chocolate. *shudder*

Geez, what's with all the spam in Working Girls?

Morons, morons, morons.
msp
So here's a small troll question I was musing this morning... do you think he doesn't know everyone has him on ignore, or doesn't care? Or do you think he thinks it's good enough if one new sucker catches just one of his rants before putting him on ignore?

Hm. Just one of those things that popped into my head this morning...
pollystyrene
Well, he's now greeting people in the newbies thread (I viewed one post...so sue me!) so I'd say he's fishin' for suckers.
anoushh
You know, I was just wondering that same thing last night, msp. Great minds, etc....

I think he doesn't think. He's a troll, after all. Not exactly loaded with brain cells to spare (or at least not ones in use.)

QUOTE(msp @ Sep 25 2006, 01:16 PM) *

So here's a small troll question I was musing this morning... do you think he doesn't know everyone has him on ignore, or doesn't care? Or do you think he thinks it's good enough if one new sucker catches just one of his rants before putting him on ignore?

Hm. Just one of those things that popped into my head this morning...

bunnyb
welcome to the toblerone love, yuefie! I saw a tv commercial for toblerone earlier and thought of you! you must try the original milk chocolate and I must get my paws on the ice cream.
bunnyb
bumpity-bump.

where is everyone? no pie? tis the season for pie! also for soup: I've bought some new covent garden soups in wonderfully autumnal flavours: butternut squash, apricot and ginger and chantenay carrot with honey. I also have some white stilton with mango and ginger smile.gif.
raisingirl
I know it's now the default setting for the number of posts, but it's wrong that e f i l o r p 4 is now listed as a hardcore BUSTie. Anything but.
anoushh
Just more proof that it's the quality that counts, not the quantity.

yuefie
wha-wha-whaaa? no pie??

pherber
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Sep 25 2006, 01:24 PM) *

Well, he's now greeting people in the newbies thread (I viewed one post...so sue me!) so I'd say he's fishin' for suckers.

Yeah I saw that, too! It freaked me out! Grrr! mad.gif
(I had to peek, because it had to do with raisin being annoyed with my dancing welcome smilies.)
I had the impression, that he's just extremely bored, sensing any chance, to post something. I mean you need to be very bored, to quote the bible at legth and post all these inane links.

PS: Stupid question: elifuck and wefuck... same person? huh.gif
bunnyb
yes, he has gone though several aliases.
pherber
No wonder it's so hard to ban him! dry.gif
girlbomb
Oh, please, it would be easy to ban his IP address. But you know, if he wasn't wasting all his time and energy here, he might actually be using it to further his agenda through fundraising or campaigning. Here he's just a waste of BUST's bandwidth.
yuefie
I suppose it's time to start the donations again. As broke as I am, I'd still be glad to write out a check in good ol' Stephan Katzner's name once again. I say we broaden the scope, support plenty of pro choice and queer orginizations. I will start with a donation to PFLAG, since it is one that is close to my heart.

bunnyb
I'm not sure- tallying his posts is giving him the attention he wants; with the ignore function I can just glide over his posts without paying attention - this way I would need to pay attention and I don't want to do that. There's no point having an ignore function if we're still not going to ignore him.

By all means though, donate whenever you notice there's nothing of interest below. It's a good cause, after all. but let's not feed him.

Can we resume the food talk?

yuefie, how's the toblerone lovin' working out? you really need to try the milk chocolate.
anoushh
Ah, but the beauty of ignore is that I can ignore and count both....

But yes, ignore in all forms in terms of attention here.

I like Toblerone dark chocolate best. But I hate the way the bits get stuck in the teeth.

We went to a Ben and Jerry's shop the other day. In the bathroom (I'm rapidly becoming familiar with every public bathroom in the city as the pregnancy progresses) I saw a HUGE poster for a Wavy Gravy waffle cone special. This got me all excited as that was my favorite flavor ever--now gone.

I went out to order and no Wavy Gravy. It's an old poster.

That's just cruel--CRUEL!!!!

I had a coconut almond fugde chip instead (also discontinued in regular stores.) It was nice, but still....

Cruel.
bunnyb
EVIL! my friend studied sociology and she told me that big companies/supermarkets intentionally withdraw popular brands because it keeps you going back and when you do you sate yourself with something else (marks and spencer food hall implement this often and it could easily drive me to violence).

I may have to go searching for that toblerone ice cream.
anoushh
I can believe that.

In this case it's made me go off B&Js more than anything.

First of all, they were bought by Unilever.
Then the quality went down (gee, big surprise.)
Finally, basically almost all the flavors I really loved have been stopped. Even if in the unlikely event they make something I love as much as I loved Wavy Gravy, why get hooked on that and then have them withdraw that too. So I'd rather just skip it.

The only reason we went to B&Js was we both wanted ice cream and it was the closest place to where we are now. Someday, when I have my own house again, on the side of town I want to live on, we'll be closer to the ice cream place that makes their own FANTASTIC ice cream and we'll be going there anyway.

I hardly went to M&S but I did have that at Sainsbury's when one xmas they did a chocolate hazelnut pudding (note to non-UK busties--a steamed pudding, not a US style pudding) with a liquid center that was FANTASTIC.

I decided it was just as well they only were doing it at xmas, as it was SO good, but looked forward to having it the next xmas.

Of course they didn't. Nor at the one after that.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.