Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
pollystyrene
What's the deal with this new user "BUST MODERATOR"? Seems suspicious. I hate being leery of every new person who comes in here, but having put up with this crap for years around here, that's what happens.

ETA: Bunny, there's a cat at the shelter who looks just like the kitty in your avatar. Her name's Jan and she has two sisters there, too, Pam & Meredith (named after characters on The Office.) She's much cuter in real life and her sisters look just like her!
faerietails2
Yeah, I saw BUST MODERATOR, too. And I think being leery of this one is warranted. Who signs up for a new account as "moderator" while we're in the midst of moderator-polling?
sixelacat
Well, it's not as if el Steve-o has gone anywhere. He was actually online doin' his thing while LL was trying to clean up. I think that may have been the reason she terminated his account before cleaning up his posts--to keep him from posting while she was trying to delete. NOT an excuse for not getting all the pics, however. At least while the accounts are still being validated he/they/it is nothing more than an amusing aside. I got a visit from him right after he signed up.
yuefie
No, he hasn't gone anywhere. I got a visit from _______________ on my profile tonight. And just moments ago it was signed back on and immediately after it signed out, BUST MODERATOR signed back in. Oh, just a silly coincidence, I suppose... rolleyes.gif

Sorry for being crude, but I can just imagine him spanking his little peanut in front of his computer over the uproar he's caused. It's probably the only way he can manage to even get an erection, being such a sad little dickless wonder and all. In fact, I think it's actually the disgusting photos that *really* turn him on. He is one sick fuck, after all.
sixelacat
You know, the really weird thing to me is that he bothers to sign up as anything. I mean, "guests" can look at all the threads and stuff too, just not profiles. And since he can't post and probably won't have his account validated, what's the point of creating all these different profiles?
yuefie
Because it is a compulsion for him to look at our profiles. Seriously. Tonight he has hit my profile, your profile, and pepper got a visit from both incarnations, which I noticed when PMing her right now. I can only imagine what other member profiles he's visited. He is absolutely addicted to this board to the point of being unable to control himself.
sixelacat
You know, I think you are spot on. I guess in his case it would be "Repulsion", but he's no Catherine Deneuve! (too bad, one could forgive Catherine Deneuve a lot....) happy.gif
bunnyb
Interestingly enough, BUST MODERATOR (and underlined) paid my profile a visit. Ah, the plot thickens...

polly, the kitty is a cutie!
culturehandy
I also got a visit from the not so mysterious underlined sipshit. Seriously, what does this guy do all day but create and visit profiles. Dude seriously needs to get a life. Shouldn't he be singing at some brain washing evangelical church, speaking in tongues, watching Jimmy Swagart and masturbating to "aborted" fetuses?

Get a freakin' life steve-o.
faerietails2
Heh, I got some extra love from "MODERATOR," he left me a comment. Or tried to, anyway.
pepper
what's the point of visiting profiles? there's nothing in there! not like that's a surprise, every incarnation so far has visited me. what the fuck dummy? i'm not going to all of a sudden start posting my home phone number.

i think if we all just steadfastly ignore and NOT talk about this anymore we'll reduce the fuel to the fire.
bunnyb
Are there are any other posts left over from Steve other than the one here, in the teen thread and in the feminist outrage thread? I've reported the posts directly above and said "If you look at the post BELOW this, it contains offensive material. There is no way to report (or ignore) the post itself because the user has been deleted. There have been a few left in threads over the board" in the hope that LL will receive the reports and come and delete the ones she missed.

I must say that I partly agree with pepper. Although this is the troll thread and where we're supposed to discuss trolls, all of the attention paid to Steve will just encourage him. He's going to continue to return anyway but I think us giving him post space, energy and time will empower him.
culturehandy
Word.
culturehandy
So, I got a friend request from someone named duchess.

Did anyone else? I'm not saying the user is a troll, just asking!
faerietails2
Yeah, I got that too.

I will have no new friends unless they're established users and I know they're not psychos. That's my policy.
bunnyb
ditto. "Her" profile is validating and she has a Godly quote.
pepper
ok, i don't get why anyone would have "friends" on here either. wft is that about? i don't have any interest in having people listed as friends in my profile, i never go to my profile, i have nothing investing in what it says there. not only that, how cliquey is this friends list anyhow? what about the people who Aren't listed as someone's friend? this friends thing is pretty highschool IMHO.
besides, you are all my "friends" as much as we can be friends online, with some obvious exceptions.
faerietails2
i know. it's a pretty useless feature since profiles are open to anyone anyway. it's not like you gain special access or anything.
yuefie
It's been a while since Pie Kitty made an appearance:

Only now, he's peddling cake tongue.gif
sixelacat
OMG, did someone say CAKE?!

culturehandy
Mmmm cake!!!!!!
LoungeLady
Hey BUSTies! Hopefully we've gotten all the troll garbage cleared out by now; thanks for reporting so promptly and sorry it's taken awhile to get it all cleared up. As for the moderator question that is currently afloat, Bust interns moderate the lounge and try to be as vigilant as possible, but unfortunately turnaround can take a little while. Also unfortunately, we can't take on more moderators. If any of ya'll are in the NYC area and are interested in interning at Bust, send me a message and I can pass along contact info to you.

This has been a particularly bad spate of trolling, and I hope it will die down. If not, keep reporting and we'll stay on top of it. Thanks!
culturehandy
LL, even if some of us were willing to be volunteer mods?
kittenb
QUOTE(LoungeLady @ Nov 9 2007, 11:04 AM) *
As for the moderator question that is currently afloat, Bust interns moderate the lounge and try to be as vigilant as possible, but unfortunately turnaround can take a little while.

This only suprises me because considering how much time I spend Busting at work it seems odd that someone whoes job it is has a slow turnaround time. wink.gif
girltrouble
f'reals, kittyb!
i found that part a bit hard to swallow-- try to be vigilant? (cue scooby doo "huh?!? noise) it's not like you really had to hunt for trolls. they were all over the map. and honestly, we make that job easy too. all they need to is check this thread, the community forum, or the sensitive threads, once or twice a day.

it's a nice story, but personally, i don't buy it.

i would however, encourage those nyc busties to take her up on her internship dealy. that'd be "kicking of asses!"
MsYuefie
PSA: He Who Wears His Ass For A Hat has a new incarnation, "BUSTED DEVELOPMENTS!".

So ignore, ignore, ignore rolleyes.gif
pepper
wtf, is he at the library or something? how can he create so many profiles if his ip address is banned?
culturehandy
I have to say that he's the most pathetic person ever. All he does is creates users names. How sad!
faerietails2
edit: never mind

btw, also ignore ". IGNORE!" and "(Faith-Hope-Love-Jesus)"
faerietails2
...and "JESUS OUR KING" and " ________________..." and "duchess" and "JESUS IS KING" and "Bust-a-Bust!"

seriously, what kind of an utter loser do you have to be to spend your entire saturday night creating fake user names and then visiting profiles to make your presence known? how many different email accounts do you have to sign up for, etc? that's beyond pathetic. his momma must've weaned him too early.

i got paid today. i'm thinking a donation to the national abortion fund for every identity steve-o creates, plus a little extra for every time he visits my profile. i think he gets a hard-on seeing The Duke on my profile go "Grrr!"
that's what i've decided.
sixelacat
I'm pretty sure he's just typing in HardforJC@loser.com or the like for email addresses. That's why his accounts never get validated and he can't post. I've stopped bothering to put all those accounts on ignore, as I doubt they'll get validated. At this point he's just pushing his grubby little face against the glass because he can't get in.

I baked lemon bars tonight.....sooooooo gooooood!
kittenb
Can someone please remind me how I can check my "comments pending approval" so I can delete the motherfucker? Thank you.

God what a sad little experience this has been. Maybe it is actually him and his 14 wives all on different computers typing until judgement day. Which I am kind of hoping comes soon for him.
sixelacat
kittenb, just click on your username. When your profile comes up, there is a tab in the middle section marked comments. Click that, and you will see all comments, including the pending ones, and you can do what you like with them. It's left me a few, I don't bother even looking. It's not like they show up in my profile, and I haven't cared about most of that once the novelty of the "friends" and "comments" wore off.
culturehandy
I don't even bother checking anymore.
pepper
Sustain Us

ignored

faerietails2
"you will see all comments, including the pending ones, and you can do what you like with them. It's left me a few, I don't bother even looking."

i've gone to my comments section though my profile, and all i see are the comments i've already approved, not the ones that need approval. the only way for me to look at pending comments is to click on the email they send me. and since i just mass-delete those along with other junk mail, i don't have a clue what it is writing to me. *shrugs* don't know why that is, but works for me!
pepper
dcg123 added to the ignore list.
raisingirl
Don't forget to click on the "report" button in the lower left-hand corner of each troll's post you encounter.
jsmith
I just got a comment on my profile from what looks like a fundie (same idiot from before?). Reading through this page, I see I'm not the only one. Freaking pathetic.
faerietails2
Yep, same here. "Lori L" is now on ignore, and "her" profile is still validating, so looks like HardOn4Christ is back. rolleyes.gif
pollystyrene
yep, got the Lori L comment. deleted. ignored.

We never got a straight answer from LL about why we can't have a single, all-purpose ignore button for posts, comments, PM's. Grr.
culturehandy
I also got the Lori L comment. Deleted, ignored.
girltrouble
me too, they even tried it on one of my old defunct profiles... but more importantly...."hardon4christ" LOL!!! faerie, you're terriffic!
girlygirlgag
Ha! Me too.

I was ignored by the other thumpers, I was hoping to survive their comment wrath unscathed.
LoveMyPugs
I got the Lori L one too.
pepper
i just checked, something i never do, and there are so many pending comments, woot! aren't i special.

there's a really wierd one though, it doesn't say who tried to leave it so i have NO idea what the context.
it says something about me not working and then calls me an endearment, huh? i don't know if it's referring to my mat leave, about how i did something screwy or what but it isn't nasty or bitchy even. bizarro.

people are strange. this much i know is true.
culturehandy
Why are you allowed to leave comments if you aren't even a member?

HardOn4Christ! HA! That's clever and great!!! Heh heh.
pollystyrene
Yeah, I had a mystery comment, too. And I think since there was no name with it, I didn't get notified. This is so f-ed up.
MsYuefie
I got a comment from Lori L on my Yuefie acct, which I still can't access. I wrote LL and never heard back about it. Oh well, I'm still here, bitches wink.gif

So has anyone else discovered Haagen Daaz Carmelized Pear & Roasted Pecan? Ohhh yeah, yummay.
pollystyrene
Oh yes, yuefie, that was quite popular in my house...was it a limited edition? I haven't actively sought out any ice cream lately, so I wasn't sure. LeBoy tried one of the "Reserve" flavors, the pomegranate-chip- he loved it, I liked it, he got BGP addicted to it (one night when we were there, she ate an entire pint for dinner!) I'm looking forward to trying the Hawaiian honey & sweet cream and the coconut sesame brittle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.