Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(jsmith @ Dec 1 2007, 11:40 PM) *
I just got a comment on my profile from what looks like a fundie (same idiot from before?). Reading through this page, I see I'm not the only one. Freaking pathetic.

I just deleteed a comment form Lori L. It lookes like i'm one of the *special people* now.
faerietails2
...aaaaaaaand another one from God Loves You.

Deleting. Ignoring. PMing LoungeLady to ban the IP address.
pepper
setting ray gun to "ignore" Into Theater.
raisingirl
Don't forget to report the troll's messages (lower left-hand corner).
faerietails2
HardOn4Christ is back on a posting spree. Ignore: Lori L, God Loves You, and Into Theater

Report report report!
faerietails2
HardOn4Christ is back on a posting spree. Ignore: Lori L, God Loves You, and Into Theater

Report report report!
.eilleen.
The "ignore" feature is amazing. <3
culturehandy
Just ignore the user. Don't bait, by baiting you play his game.

Ignoring him makes him angry.
culturehandy
While I'm not normally one to product push have any of you tried the Hempz line of products? It's made from hemp (obviously CH!) I have to say it's lovely, I'm thinking of picking up the lip balm as well, I have vat of it in my room. Smells lovely, works fantastically!

And I got some samples of a clairins body lotion, I'd like to try the face cream, but at $105.00, it better be able to make me look this age forever!
pepper
ch, have you seen this? i wonder just how well that miracle cream works.
i like getting older but i can do it a little slower. i don't mind.
culturehandy
ooooh pepper that looks really interesting!

See, I just want a face cream that will keep my skin moisturized all day, especially with this brutally cold winter that it is apparently going to be. I feel like I'm using buckets of lotion every day.

I'm for sure going to check out the link and forward it on to my mom, too. She's more concerned about wrinkles than I am. that sounds so totally vain...
pepper
whoa, troll on a rampage! it would be great if the troll threads didn't even get any views. we could try to just stay out of them altogether, they all probably say the same old garbage anyhow.
i assume the first person who went in did so to report and that's enough imho.

faerietails2
yeah, reported. warning to newbies posted (i assume there are fake aborted baby pics in there judging from the title).
auralpoison
As there has been no action in the other hijacked food thread, should we move the bonbon discussion to in here?
culturehandy
I agree!

I picked up a mangazine full of holiday baking, and there is a recipe for this peppermint white chocolate bark stuff. It sounds so tasty, it's being made this weekend.
pepper
ooh, YES!

my mom made cookies with chickpea flour the other day, they were butt ugly blobs and she iced them with bright blue and green watery icing and threw shredded coconut on top but Were they Ever tasty! wow, i love chana roti shells but who knew chickpea flour cookies could be so good.
faerietails2
i went to the library and went on a cookbook rampage. now to sift through all the recipes!...
auralpoison
CH, does that recipe call for broken candy cane bits? My mom used to make that. We'd do iced sugar cookies, white chocolate pretzels, etc. The *best* thing though, the *BEST* thing was that my dad was a rural delivery driver & all the small town/farm wives usually made him a plate of goodies. One lady used to divinity & another dark chocolate seafoam just for my old man.
MsYuefie
This year I'm making white chocolate peppermint fudge with crushed candy canes on the top. And regular old chocolate fudge too. I'm also eyeing this cookie press I saw on a clearance (Kitchen Aid, no less) and thinking maybe some spritz cookies.
grrrlyouwant
aw man, you guys are making me wish my grandma was still alive. every year, the weekend after thanksgiving was candy weekend. none of my aunts and the momster made any plans (well, except the 4 am friday shopping expedition; i mean come on, some things are sacrosanct!) beyond holing up at grandma's house with hundreds of pounds of sugar, chocolate chips, corn syrup, and the other makings of a mini candy factory. we made peanutbutter balls, smooth and crunchy, coconut balls dipped in dark chocolate, smooth and with chopped nuts and cherries, at least six or seven different flavors of fudge, chocolate and butterscotch rocky road, and my mom's specialty was caramels, smooth and with chopped walnuts, and napoleans, this three layer candy with a chocolate/graham/coconut base, a thick layer of semi-sweet chocolate on top, and some sweet rich creamy middle that you could just feel the individual sugar granuals in it and it was so good, and it came in vanilla or chocolate. they would set everything in my grandma's front guestroom to cool before they did the various dipping, cutting and wrapping, and it was technically off-limits, but they would look the other way when i couldn't help myself and had to crack the door open just to take a big whiff of all that candy smell. and there were other benefits: a sliver of fudge here, and undipped coconut ball there, a "hey, where's our taste tester?" on a regular enough basis to make it worth sticking close. i used to wonder what kind of idiots my cousins were to make themselves scarce that weekend to avoid being put to work. happy.gif
MsYuefie
I hear ya on the missing family traditions grrrly. My ma, aunts and gram used to do something similar and I miss it soooo much. That is why this year my bff Shan and I are going to do it together. She lost her ma last year and we've decided we need to to reinstate our mother's traditions and carry them on with eachother. So far we've decided on the various types of fudge (white peppermint, white w/ dried cherries, chocolate, chocolate walnut, and maybe even maple pecan) iced sugar cookie trees, red velvet cupcakes, and I got off the fence and decided yes to the cookie press, so coconut almond spritz cookies too. I love the smells and the laughter that undoubtedly ensues while doing this sort of thing and am looking so forward to it. And I am sure my friends and family love being the recipients of all the sugary goodness.
culturehandy
AP, the recipe does!!

My mom made some butter tarts, and they are soooo good, it's been so long since I've had anything sweet, and they are so fucking tasty!
girlygirlgag
My favorite parts of the bible.
culturehandy
GGG, that is so funny! I heart cracked.
kittenb
I love girlygirlgag so much that I think I want marry her and have littl GGG babies.
Thank you!!!
deschatsrouge
GGG thats f@#*ing awesome.
raisingirl
So let me see if I've got this straight: Steven registered "Into Theater" on December 1. He's been using that name for 11 days and the account has still not been deactivated. So where have the Bust interns been all this time? Bueller?
culturehandy
They must be busy testing beauty products and writing three sentances about it. See, I have a full time job too, as do many of us, some of us more than one, and we still have time to come on here every day.

But, why even bother saying anything?

Now, bon bon talk onwards!
pepper
BON BONS!
culturehandy
Mmmmm Bon Bons....
grrrlyouwant
ooh, that reminds me, i need to order my truffles from diva!
dj-bizmonkey
bueller? bwahahahahaha! i love it. i am getting fairly irritated by the non-action of our so-called mods. sheesh.
culturehandy
Hey you know what's funny, the fact that evidently all of us have problems becuase we come here every day. Now using that logic, would it not also mean that because "into theater" aka steve the wacko, comes on here frequently, with different screen names (if I may add)and attempts to add comments to just about every user on here with different screen names, that he also has the problem?

Yup, I know I stated the obvious about having a problem. For someone who hates feminists so much, he sure does spend a lot of time with us, now if you hang out with feminists, I'd say that makes you a feminist! Congratulations Steve!
pepper
wonderful. it's friday night and the fun begins.

what's with the 81 views already? we all know what it says in there. unless it's just it looking at it's own poopy with asinine pride. gross.
sixelacat
Don't worry, pepper, that's a thread from the last round of poop. And the view count doesn't have to be members, I think they rack up even if "guests" have a peek. And considering individual threads can turn up in a google search, it's conceivable somebody googling "poop" could turn up one of those threads and have a gander. I believe that's the way it all works, anyway....
bunnyb
It could even be the creator of the thread continuing to view it, that counts in the tally too.

Now it's at the top again because someone posted. Sometimes I have users on ignore who haven't posted for a while and when they do I have to remind myself why I've placed them on ignore so I go back and re-read their previous posts and it becomes abundantly clear.
pepper
alrighty then, seems to me that we're pretty much working in unison to keep this garden free of weeds. warms my little heart, it does happy.gif .
culturehandy
CH's xmas wish;

Please newbies, don't feed the trolls! Please.Please.Please.
pepper
oh, if only that one would come true. for all of us too, not just the noobs! i swear, without that ignore feature i'd be spitting mad and shouting my head off.
culturehandy
I have my suspicions about a new troll. There are one line responses in LTAS that really have nothing to do with the coversations.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just saying! smile.gif
kittenb
If you are thinking of the same person I am thinking of, I don't know if it is a troll or some kind of marketing attempt.
sixelacat
Didn't seem like a troll as much as, well, this:

culturehandy
An irritation, like a pesky rash.

Ooooh sixela, that reminds me of this!!!
pollystyrene
It's at least imminent spam, waiting until it hits the magic post limit before it can inundate us with new threads.

I reported it. *Sigh* rolleyes.gif
tesao
right there with you polly.
culturehandy
The name alone seems spammy. That's kinda what tipped me off, then I saw the posts.
tesao
i googled it. there IS a connection with what the name advertises.

on the postive side, still no explicit in your face posts. which would, of course, be all right if posted in the self-congratulatory thread (can't remember the name - can someone help me out there?)

and just to keep up with the REAL purpose of this thread: i went on a chocolate spree this weekend. tollhouse cookies AND a german chocolate cake! when people come to visit, i ask for coffee, chocolate chips, german's sweet chocolate and evaporated milk!

hmmm. i wonder what a mango pie would taste like?
pollystyrene
Hmm, I wonder if it would be texturally like a peach pie. I think mangoes get a little softer, so it may end up super sloppy...maybe it would be better to do with not-quite-ripe mangoes, so they'd start out a little firmer. I wonder if it would be better suited for a cheesecake, or at least a sauce on a cheesecake.

Ok, I googled it- there's lots of recipes out there, but I think I like the idea of a mango cream pie. Maybe I'll try it later this year when we get the Indian mangoes here in Chicago. $35/case, be damned!!
tesao
OMG YUM.

i may just have to make that this weekend. it is, joyfully, mango season here!

(i cracked up over this part:

Serving size: Me or 6 normal people.)

btw, i've made mango cheesecake AND mango topping for cheesecake. also mango ice cream. all wonderful.

*off to google more mango recipes*
shinyx3
tesao, have you tried mango in your blended margarita? soooo yummy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.