Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
culturehandy
I have to discuss my love of berries. I made this kick ass oatmeal bar with mixed berries and it was orgasmic. Then I put organic vanilla yoghurt on it, and I came in my pants.
LoveMyPugs
Did anyone get a bust message from a guy asking them for a "female perspective" on his "large" girlfriend getting a breast reduction?
tesao
no, pugs, thank the gods i was spared that one!

culture, how did you make this wonder? post recipe, pretty please???
culturehandy
Pugs, I also didn't get anything.

Tes, I'll post the recipe when I get to work tomorrow, I tweaked it a bit from the original and the jazzied up version is at work.
LoveMyPugs
Makes me wonder then if it was honestly someone seeking advice. Shit, I probably shouldn't have dismissed it so quickly and deleted it. I'm an asshole sometimes. *sigh* Oh well...

Dude who messaged me,

If you still want advice please message me again and I'll try to help.

Pugs
kittenb
Just so you know, LMP, I don't think that you are an asshole b/c you deleted a private message from a total stranger asking about his g/f breast reduction. My guess, your instincts served you well.
pepper
even if it was a serious inquiry, what does a total stranger think he's doing sending some girl a private message about his girlfriend's boobies? sorry, inappropriate. totally. i'd go with my first instinct of WTF?
culturehandy
Tes, as requested the mixed berry oatmeal square.

Ingredients;

1 15oz can of canned blueberries (Okay, I don’t know where to get canned blueberries, so I took my some frozen mixed berries, measured it out with a 1 ½ soup cans, then let it melt, also added a bit of water, approx 1/8 of a cup)

2 tbsp corn starch

16oz frozen or fresh blueberries

Juice of 1 lemon

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cups quick cooking whole wheat rolled oats

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp nutmeg (I used 1 tsp, because I loves me some nutmeg)

¾ - 1 cup firmly packed, light brown sugar

½ tsp salt

1 ¼ tsp baking powder

1 cup non-hydrogenated margarine or butter (sounds like a lot, but this makes two square baking pans full of this stuff)

Directions;

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In a bowl combine flours, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, baking powder and margarine. Mix until it resembles crumbs.

Spread 2/3 crumbs into pan, bake for 15 minutes, spread the fruit mixture (see below) over this, spread remaining crumb mixture on top, bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Drain blueberries over bowl save liquid in a bowl (see above about canned berries)

Whisk cornstarch into fruit liquid until smooth

Placed all fruit, liquid and fresh lemon juice into a sauce pan over medium – high heat, allow to boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes.
tesao
oh my YUM!

no hu hu, CH, i can't buy canned blueberries here, either! (hell, don't even know if i can buy blueberries, period!)

but i betcha it would be good with strawberries or other fruit that i can get here!
culturehandy
Tes, I agree. When I saw canned blue berries, I thought, WTF? Do they mean pie filling? So, I used the frozen mixed berries mix which has blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.

I also used more lemon juice in the mixture as it was simmering. I wanted it with some zing. I s'pose you could add some lemon zest, too. I also added much more of the berries the second time around.
tesao
okies, is anyone else smelling troll with a certain new poster who makes sweeping racist remarks in inappropriate threads whilst denying it all the way?

sooooooooooo annoying, i've almost risen to the bait.

anyone have a good recipe for chocolate cake? with chocolate frosting? made with baker's chocolate, not cocoa?
pollystyrene
Yeah, there seems to be a new batch of thinly-veiled potential trolls here lately.
auralpoison
Was that message you received about his girl's hooters from DDAdmirer, by chance, LMP?

I'm just curious because I pm'd him the day he signed up & told him that if was being a typical butt-cheese tittie boy, it wouldn't fly 'round these parts. I hated being pre-emptive, but the name alone inspired visions of distinct asshattery & after the last guy . . . I was feeling sensitive that our space was being invaded again by some breast-obsessed loser.

Trolls. I missed the racist & I'm glad. After the whole Hummingbird flounce where she unleashed hell (What kind of fucked up person hopes you get raped?) & I felt the need to enter the fray . . . I try to stay away from that shit because it gets me all fired up.

I wonder if I could tweak that oatmeal bar recipe to use dried cranberries & walnuts . . .

I have an excellent chocolate sheet cake recipe of my gran's, but I don't know what kind of cake you're going for, Tes. It's my fave dessert of all time on that side of the family. Thick scratch frosting with walnuts . . . mmmmm!

ETA, my bourbon/walnut blondies went over famously. I had forgotten what a pain in the ass it was to make real caramel sauce, but it was well worth it. A warm blondie topped with caramel sauce, cool French vanilla ice cream, & more caramel sauce. Delish! The Redneck didn't know what hit 'em! My only regret is that the ice cream had to be store bought since I couldn't find the ice cream maker.

Someday, I'm gonna make me a good little wife! HA!
culturehandy
the statements are offensive, and as as someone who works for social services, I hear those comments all the time, and I find them disgusting, vile, narrow minded, racist...should I go on? I love I don't mean to sound racist but... asshat.

Ahh AP, I was right in there, in the is it pseudo bdsm thread. That was interesting. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change the recipe up a bit.
missladyj
she actually apologized when called on it. I can't let shit like that go. its so blatant

just another reason to love the ignore function!
obelix2
Is this blatantly racist thing going on in more than just the Childfree by choice thread? Duh, I suppose I could just click and see where's she's posted.

All this talk of munchies makes me want to sit here with a bag of chocolate chips and a can of whipped cream.

bunnyb
Same poster made an incredibly offensive and homophobic comment in the Community Forum but she's since deleted it.

It's neither here nor there but the hummingbird debacle took place in the Confessions thread, I'm sure. It definitely wasn't a bdsm thread as I wouldn't have been posting there.
culturehandy
Oooh bunny, I was thinking about the thread that was started about was it rape or not, and someone made hugely offensive comments in there, and said the woman was asking for it.

I was wondering where the newest poster was making all the comment, it was up to close to 30, I've only seen three.
bunnyb
Oh yeah, that was a train-wreck too. Was it looking?

This one is posting in the BV thread too; I had a look at her posts.
culturehandy
Indeed it was looking.

ETA: How odd. What's with the polar opposite posts. *shudders*
kittenb
Okay I just have to say something. If I have guessed correctly who said the blatantly racist thing (and it was racist, no argument) she apologized. She left the thread, I think. So why are we calling her a troll? Because reading some of her other posts it seems like there is a chance to actually do some education here. When a white person comes out with racist opinions, is it not the job of other white people who want progress and change to help that change happen? She apologized. Maybe if she sticks around a little longer she will actually learn. Freezing her out and calling her names after one bad incident changes nothing. Sure it keeps Bust a safe closed community but how does that help anyone?

Please notice I am not defending what she said I am just kind of dissapointed in the fact that no one has considered this a place for education and growth. A troll is a troll and I don't think she is one of them. I think she has limited life experience and some poorly chosen views. I don't think we need to "save" her but I think we can give her another chance.
mornington
what kitten said - i don't think she came across as trollish, just blinkered.
bunnyb
Indeed. I think she removed her shocking post in CF because somebody PM'd her so the education has started; she does seem aware that her comments are ignorant, apologises for being offensive once called on it and is open to differing opinions.
culturehandy
*sniffs air*

Why I do believe it smells like TROLL.

*sprays trolly-be-gone*

hey that rhymes with the screen name.

I also think this person forgot their tin foil hat at home.
obelix2
I am giving wet sloppy kisses to and lasciviously grabbing the ass of the lounge for giving us that "Ignore" button. My stars, is it wonderful.
culturehandy
I did see the vomitous amount of posts in the bleh bleh bleh thread.
humanist77
i just reported the f*cker. Does he/she really think doing that will get any attention or respect? Completely unacceptable.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(Neo-Con Neo-Clinton @ Feb 10 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Are you a Dick Cheney Neo-Con, humanist77? That would explain why you are so angry. rolleyes.gif Get over yourself and lets put this war on terror to rest. rolleyes.gif

Hee hee, that makes me laugh NCNC. No, we just don't want your crap all over our website. Let us know when you have something constructive to say.

/not holding my breath.
humanist77
right, that's me, NCNC. Supportin' the patriarchy~
no, i'm neo-anti-troll.
It's not so much your crackpot theories about Clinton, but posting one line 36 times in a row in one thread will only get you ignored here.
culturehandy
How do you fight a war on a verb?

*declares was on the Oxford English Dictionary*

I challenge you to a duel!

HA!

faerietails2
if one is gonna troll, they could at least bother to spell hil's name correctly...

rolleyes.gif
pixiedust
blink.gif Well I just had my laugh for the day! In teh spirit of the thread...I'll pass out Valentine's cookies before I go!
culturehandy
Bwaaaaahahahaha. Best worst reply ever. Oh, I totally needed that laugh in the confessions thread.

Oh dear.
pepper
ok girl, i usually ignore but i went and took a look just 'cause of your post and i SWEAR to freaking maude this is the same damn troll as forever! stoop keeps putting in the emoticons all over it's post, hello DEAD giveaway! this frikken loser has been trolling these threads for a long, long time man. since before we got the ignore function 'cause i remember that brand of shit on a stick from way back when.

don't people get tired of the same old thing? don't they get bored? don't they have lives? geez. that's fucking pathetic.
culturehandy
I totally agree.

and normally I don't bait, but did you notice how weak the attacks are too? Soooooo witty and creative.

Bwaaaahahahahahaha, I just read the second reply. Now I'm a real doll? I must really be a real doll since I come in here all the time, and I go to my job, and I work out, it's like I'm......*drum roll please*......human? Who woulda thunk it.
Neo-Con Neo-Clinton
don't people get tired of the same old thing? don't they get bored? don't they have lives? geez. that's fucking pathetic.

You're still here, pepper. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif We're glad you can stay. wub.gif
auralpoison
It is most definitely the same troll. Same tone, same style, same logic, same need for attention of any kind. He always comes back because there's always somebody here to play with. Just like a little kid repeating what you're saying or sticking out his tongue & running away. That's what it's all about, innit?
pepper
since the ignore function i am never even tempted to look unless directed there by another bustie. seriously, i love me some ignore. i'm a busy lady, i ain't gots time for no bullshit yo.
MsYuefie
Well said, ladies. Oh how I love thee, ignore function wub.gif
Neo-Con Neo-Clinton
I really don’t care for the ignore function. I haven’t used it yet. wub.gif
tesao
time for pie, ladies!

anyone ever tried to mix apple and pear? how did that turn out?

btw, i made a mango pie. not a mango cream pie, but a MANGO PIE, like a peach pie, only with mangoes. same spices, same everything. ohmygods YUM!!!!
faerietails2
oooh...that sounds yummy, tes!!
deschatsrouge
Blah! I am having tr*ll angst.

*Sings praises of the almighty ignore function.
culturehandy
What I find rich is that I've seen LL in here since he's been posting and nothing is being done. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
LoveMyPugs
Is there one in the Oral Sex Thread??? Yes?? No??
crinoline
I think you're right, LMP.
As for bons bons, Crinoboy made his first ever crumb cake, and we have been enjoying it's rich spicy deliciousness.
culturehandy
I'd like a coffee cake at the moment! Mmmm tasty!
auralpoison
LMP, I don't think that guy is a troll, just an idiot. It's been explained to him before that we are not here to help him get his rocks off, but you know he's just sitting at home jerkin' it while drooling, "Feminists like sex . . . gargh-hargh."
faerietails2
LOL, aural!

...what a mental picture! tongue.gif
deschatsrouge
I don't care if he's a troll or an idiot. I put him on my ignore list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.