Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
MsYuefie
culturehandy
Okay, I'm going to rant here.

What exactly is the point of the ignore feature, if we can't fucking use it? Seriously, the troll has been ignored, but the posts are still there.

Lovely.

NBow back to your regularly scheduled pie.
kittenb
While not a troll, there is a person who keeps popping up w/spam type new threads. Ex: "OMG! I love {insert name of new supposedly trendy show here}. Follow this link to learn about it!"
Currently to be found pimping Patrick Dempsey in The Mating Game forum. It irritates me so much.
culturehandy
Kitten I saw that. Ugh.

ETA: and I just saw AP's response. Best EVER!!!
pollystyrene
Yeah, I've tried posting replies similar to AP's to that person in one of the myriad of other threads they've started and they just don't get it. I don't understand. They seem so functional everywhere else on the board.

bunnyb
Apparently chewing her up and spitting her out doesn't work either; it's obvious that she just doesn't give a fuck.
culturehandy
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
pepper
perhaps a rash of mass PM's? those pop right up in front of everything else when you first log on. it oughta be impossible to ignore that one.
i wouldn't do it more than once though, just in case the whole point is to get attention. if it goes on after that it's ignore city.
pollystyrene
Yeah, maybe, pepper. I was trying to avoid taking it to the next level of confrontation, since she's an established community member, but this is just ridiculous.
faerietails2
Sometimes I wish the lounge had that self-policing tool that some online newspapers have, where X number of clicks on a "report" button from other community members deletes the offending post.

Wishful thinking...

ETA: I have 666 posts?! *evil cackle* (Okay, I'm done being stupid...for now.)
pollystyrene
I'm catching a whiff of eau de troll in Celebrity Gossip.

People are entitled to their opinions, but that one just has a trollish twist on it.
culturehandy
Polly, I was coming in here to post same. The post was a little OT, but where in the world did that come from?
bunnyb
edit: pie.
culturehandy
*Deep Sigh*

What a way to make a first impression.

LTAS.
auralpoison
So. I PM'd dude & tried to set 'im straight on the path of righteous Bustie-ness. We shall see if he chooses to come correct. He seems to want to.

Bunnyb, everytime I see your quote it reminds me of seeing a lactose intolerant man get a tat in loving memory of cheese.
bunnyb
hee, AP. I can't live without cheese so I don't (what I wrote is out of date but I like it); besides, it looks like it isn't lactose intolerance but something else so cheese is definitely back on the menu.
culturehandy
He changed what he said in his orignal two posts. AP, did you see what he had originally said?

And I got a PM from him...

AP, thanks for speaking up! You RAWK!
auralpoison
No, I missed whatever asshattery he originally dropped. I keep trying to give people the benefit of the doubt & it invariably bites me in the ass.
culturehandy
He did go and change it.

The PM wasn't like the post, it was just saying hello and inquiring if I lived near NJ.
tesao
i got a pm that said something along the lines of "hey, let's start up the ass thread again". i blocked him. he's not on ignore yet, i'll give him a chance. but jeez o pete, NOT a good pick up line.
culturehandy
just because we talk about anal sex, doesn't mean we're going to do with some stranger who posts and irritating line on the net. Wank.
culturehandy
I smell something slightly trollish in where else but LTAS. it's like a 20 questions troll.
obelix2
TROLL! Anybody else get a spam pm from "Bra Engineer"?

It's a nasty-ass sitting-at-home-jerking-all-over-his-keyboard email about wanting to design a bra for tit-fucking. Not that there's anything wrong with tit-fucking. but ew, dude, go the fuck away.

He signed it Craig. There's an email address and phone number that I almost want to spread across the web so he gets spammed.

pollystyrene
Uh, ew. Haven't heard from him yet, but thanks for the heads-up.

As of now, he's the most recent member, so if you click on his name at the bottom of the page (or search for him in the Members section, if someone else becomes the newest member) you can pre-emptively ignore posts and block his PM's by going into his profile.

auralpoison
Done & done.

What's up with the sudden rash of total fuckchops? It's like a new one everyday with greasy fingers & moist breath.
culturehandy
thanks for the heads up obelix.

I haven't heard from fucko at all.
auralpoison
So there is a new boobie one that's an old boobie one. He claims to have talked to a "mod", which is funny, since we don't have mods . . . whatever. If you get an IM asking your opinion on augmentation, it's him.
culturehandy
What a fuckwad.
pollystyrene
what's his name, so I can just block him now?
culturehandy
we have a loser troll.
culturehandy
Now that it's posting ad naseum. That was preety crazy. It appears that trolly needs to get themselves a life.

I have lindt chocolate at home! Oooh and it's a good weekend for ice cream. I've been working out like mad, I think a treat isn't a bad thing.
mornington
so, has anyone else tried ben & jerry's baked alaska ice cream?
bunnyb
Oh fuck me that sounds good, morn! The boy and I are going to go buy a tub NOW (although he's disappointed there's no meringue as there should definitely be meringue, sniffle).
culturehandy
not on the topic of ice cream, but I have to say how impressed I am that when one of us is being attacked by a troll it takes foreverto have the posts removed, but when it's a ptb, it's taken down promptly.

anyhows, that's my little rant. I have a sore throat, I want ice cream.
pollystyrene
ptb?
auralpoison
powers that be?
culturehandy
AP, you may pick a door to collect your prize for being correct!!!
pollystyrene
Ahhh! The posts were all removed before I saw them, so maybe that's why I didn't get the context.

culturehandy
The posts all said that Debbie steals ideas boycott bust, down with bust. Or something like that. but, when it's pictures of aborted fetoeses, then the mods say "we don't have enough time to delete them we are very busy..."
pollystyrene
Huh, funny how that works! blink.gif
obelix2
Thanks for the explanation, culturehandy. So, if I were to say that I haven't been able to stand Bust magazine for several years, would this post disappear? I love all y'alls on here, but the magazine comes off as twee and full of itself.
bunnyb
yeah I noticed the double standard too. I thought they weren't able to do anything over the weekend? they never have for us anyway.
culturehandy
with that said, I've decided to edit my post.
MsYuefie
Now, now ladies, be careful with voicing your displeasure with the powers that be. Or who knows, you just might find you are suddenly unable to log in to the site here and when you try to do password recovery, it won't work. And then when you try to contact the administrator, several times in fact, you will hear nothing back. And then you'll just have to give up and start over creating a new user name.

I'm not speaking from, uh, experience or anything though...
rolleyes.gif
obelix2
So I'm not the only one? I have tried and tried to recover my password for my original account from years ago, and all of my emails have been ignored.
obelix2
WOO! Double Post! I rock!
faerietails2
nope obelix, you're not the only one. tis the reason i am faerie #2 (is that why you're obelix #2??)

...perhaps i should've scaled back on the sarcasm while reporting all those troll posts? wink.gif
bunnyb
One of these days bunnyb2 will show up.
obelix2
Yup. obelix the first was created in 2004 or 2003, and I was here sporadically until the format changed. It bugs me that there's a little thing under my name that says 2007, and my post count is so low. I know I'm not the most active poster here, but I know that everybody gets a little more respect as that date gets older and the post count gets higher.

Not that it's necessarily troll-related, but I think our new male might be gone.
culturehandy
I think I'd go with Culturehandythesequel or something like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.