Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
pollystyrene
Honey, there's plenty of thunder for all of us!

I'm pretty sure there will always be asshattery on this site. Ronia's is (hopefully she's gone now and that should be "was") clueless and annoying, but she's not a relentless trolling machine like fucknuts over there. I think as long as the mods are anonymous (and smart enough to not out themselves!) and there's a couple of them to deal with the load when he goes on a posting spree, I'm not sure I see the problem. Hell, I don't think the mods should even be allowed to post...maybe they should be able to PM each other ("hey, you clean up the mess in ATWT, I'll get it in LTAS"), but they should just clean up in the background and shouldn't have any presence here on the board.
thirtiesgirl
I kind of like that idea. And I love the kitty pic Stargazer posted. You know I love a black kitty.

pollystyrene
Aww, so cute in his comfy spot!

I don't know who the new Mod Squad is, but they are fast! Woohoo!
auralpoison
Word! That is some awesomeness!
girltrouble
wheeeeee! i got this wonderful bit of comedy from a person going by "citizensforpoliteness" i think it's our friend funk. what with the "suck my dick" beeshmack.

there is room for anyone and everyone to post anything they want anywhere they want online even in your precious BUST lounge. that is the point. so, please don't be rude and tell others that thier words are any less important than yours. it reeks of self importance and hubris.

steve, tell you what. when you start being an actual member of bust lounge, and not a fucking troll, then you can lecture me. till then, fuck off.

tell you what nancy, when you get a life and stop hiding your phony fat ass behind a computer screen, then you can suck my dick. Until then eat shit, cybertrash.

lol. you're a joke. i love a troll who has never posted telling me what the lounge is about. please.

it's even more hilarious that the best you can come up with is "suck my dick." or "eat shit, cybertrash." awwwww, that isn't very polite, "citizen for politeness."

reply. please. i love reading your stupidity.

hmmm. too bad i'm already bored with yours...goodbye!
i just love this shit. it's all so funny.
auralpoison
Nah, I don't think that's Funk. He doesn't strike me as a "nancy" or "suck my dick" or "eat shit, cybertrash" kind of guy. He'd find it crass. And if there is one thing I can say I do like about his posts is that he's an almost compulsively correct writer. I also doubt he'd have used "hubris" incorrectly because I'm sure he knows what it actually means in popular parlance.
bunnyb
Or spell "their" as "thier" and call it you "precious BUST lounge".
girltrouble
so it's official: i'm no longer the trolligator! whooooooo! biggrin.gif wub.gif

*sings that geo. michael's song with the "freedom" chorus part*

i don't know who the 'mod squad is, but good luck and godspeed! i'm staying out of your way, chickie. besides, i'm bored with steve. i've officially blocked him so he will darken my door no more! yippie!

that is a thankless job, lemmie tell you. but i am so happy to sit back and let somebody else do the dirty work. i busted my ass to get the trolligator, and never thought i'd be a good one, so i'm glad to just enjoy the fruits of my labor.

and in other news....
no? not funk eh? then ronia? heh. i like the idea that it's her. she kills me. she was calling me a harpy for doing some cut and paste smack talking on her blog. i'm like harpy? fuck no, i'm a straight bitch! i will not be undersold! i am a bitch, don't get it twisted! lol.

i'm sorry but that woman makes steve look like a nobel prize winner. she thinks her behavior around here was acceptable, and that she is an innocent because she admitted in her little ps that she just wanted people to read her blog. so her disrupting things here was ok. au contrare, mon fraire! tsk. poor little princess not-so-bright.

culturehandy
I five year old could write better than her.

Her posts were soooooooooo misguided. I mean, she posted drivel in the wingle word thread.

I'm pretty happy I've blocked her PM's.

See, with Funk, I can understand where he's coming from, but it's a little misguided. It would be like me going into a small penis thread (not that I'm saying he has small penis) and saying "it's not the size it's how you use it" the intentions are good, but out of place.
thirtiesgirl
Yes, I'd agree CH. I wouldn't say Funk's evil; just very misguided. In his PMs to me, he referred to my responses as "irrational," and also wrote, "You went overboard in your criticism, and when I pointed that out, you were quite unapologetic. That was what hurt. So you see, I really am what I said I was, whether or not either of us like it. Moreover, when the more vicious ones joined in, you said nothing. If you were what you said you are, that wouldn't have happened, because your own nature would have made you do otherwise. That's why I don't belong here, and it's also why not many here post on a regular basis." Boo freakin' hoo. Cry me a river. I know I said I wouldn't post any of his PMs to me, but this was only part of one of his messages, and the choicest bit, as far as I'm concerned. I love how he expected me to fight his battle against "the vicious ones." WTF?

In another message, he chose to add, "The funny thing is, I know my subconscious VERY well, since I've had to explore it thoroughly, so I know damn well that what I did wasn't intended to make me feel superior, nor was it unconsciously underestimating you because I never put that motivation there." To which I say bullshit. Why else would he carry on as if he knew what's best for us? He can't know his subconscious THAT well, since it's obvious that underneath his helpful exterior is a boiling teakettle of superiority. To borrow a phrase from Amy Tan, who borrowed it from a Chinese proverb, Funk was "saving fish from drowning." All the good intention in the world, doing only harm.
girltrouble
well thanks for that, 30's. the metaphor that always pops into my head after that phrase is surely one of modern times' worst metaphors, TLC's "waterfalls" although it is kind of apt.

i get why people can be sheepish about posting here, but the thing is, it's really not that hard if you read a bit of the thread and don't just jump in. start out in the shallow end, get to know people, and you'll find busties are some of the most lovely people ever. but when you come in here, spouting off like you know how everything works (and i'm thinking of a certain newbie, not mentioned here) people will smack you down. yes, i know lots of newbies have lurked for a while, but its a huge difference between reading and posting.

funk, i agree was well meaning, but too lunk-headed to swallow his medicine, and get better. but whatever. he's smarter than ronia, but then, so is a slug.
auralpoison
Bust was/is my first/only messageboard. I lurked for months before I joined so I could get a feel for it, but I still fucked up because I had no idea there was a newbie thread. I think Jem, who had a different handle then, sent me a pm & hepped me to things.

I honestly think Funk would have been fine had he just joined in conversations without giving advice. All of his early posts were slightly anecdotal, but hugely uninformed advice. Never, "I understand where you're coming from, I've been there, too." He just launched into, "I've been there. This is what you should do to solve your problems . . ." When he he got called out, he retreated into passive aggressivism, where instead of listening he made himself a victim of our "viciousness" while firing salvos of his own. All I thought was, "Punk much?"

I actually checked Ronia's blog again to see what she said about this sitch & she *still* didn't get it. She's playing the victim, too. She claims that her posts were pertinent & that she was trying to find common ground. C&Ping the same thing again & again with a "pertinent" P.S. like, "I've had two abortions" or whatever doesn't make a post relevant. She seemd to think she was doing people a service by telling her gyno story so they didn't feel alone. Wha? And I took the time to *politely* send her the deets & she ignored me & did it again. Going into the BV thread was the last straw for me.
girltrouble
oh i know. why do you think i've been here 10+years. i'm a member on some other boards, kink/movie/art sites, but i check them once a month or every 3 weeks. and busties can be very generous. but when you ignore them, well, you've been warned. but you'd be amazed how people think they know better. i don't get it. rolleyes.gif

and ronia kills me. her blog is so f'ing funny. she really hasn't a clue. not one. not half a one. i don't think she even bothered to read any of the other posts in any of the threads. she must have thought this was a chat room or something. she really is so impossibly moronic.
pepper
"not many here post on a regular basis"

hmm, i'll have to keep that in mind. sleep.gif
culturehandy
I read the horrible horrible blog. Wow, is it ever boring.

and she tells the truth? Truth about what??

and her issues with her pants? WTF?
doodlebug
I took a peek at her blog last night.

Ronia d'Arc is terribly shallow and vacuous, isn't she? I mean.......I almost fell asleep reading.
girltrouble
you almost fell asleep?

i admire your fortitude. i fell asleep-- twice!
pollystyrene
He was just so condescending and persistent and clueless. Not a good combination.

Ronia is like a parody of what a bad blog is.
pollystyrene
Double post...who's clueless now, polly? huh.gif
auralpoison
She may have issues with her outfit, I have issues with her ugly-ass, super-secret-identity hiding hat! The fuck is that thing? Even Jerrell wouldn't wear that thing!
culturehandy
I also like how her posts weren't even posts, they were entries. and bullshit she didn't know. you look at something and see what's going on, unless she's deaf, dumb and stupid.

Oh wait.
auralpoison
Hey, Funk. Check out the Bloody Grrrls thread in OBOH. Eduma-motherfucking-cation, yo.
culturehandy
Evidently, there is a new moron way to spell imminent, according to douchebag it's ImmAnent.

Well, looks like someone didn't pass 5th grade spelling. Totally unsurprising.
girltrouble
where have they posted in?
auralpoison
Dood! Your mailbox is full, GT.
girltrouble
i no.
culturehandy
the thread has since been deleted.
geekchickknits
What's with all the new threads? Can the trolligators take care of this, please?

And how do I block Feminist Nemicis? When I try to do it the way I have previously, it won't let me due to the level of posting it's done.
ModSquad
GeekChick, please be patient, We will take care of it ASAP.

To block Steve:
My controls, manage ignored users. Add him & *poof* he's gone.

Or, this short cut:Block Steve here.

geekchickknits
QUOTE(ModSquad @ Sep 27 2008, 06:06 PM) *
GeekChick, please be patient, We will take care of it ASAP.

To block Steve:
My controls, manage ignored users. Add him & *poof* he's gone.

Or, this short cut:Block Steve here.

THANK YOU!!!

Yous guys are awesome. laugh.gif
auralpoison
Steve may have changed handles again, a new member joined today calling themselves "PerilousTimes". They've not yet posted, but I have a suspicion that it's our resident asshole. There's another "Perilous Times" from '07 & a new member that was an old memeber that returned today just under "Perilous". I think "Perilous" is legit, the other two not so much. I sent a message to the Modsquad so they'll be on their toes.

If you were gonna be on the Modsquad, who would you be? Julie (runaway), Pete (GTA), or Linc (Watts riots)? I think I'd be Linc. His afro was bitchin' & he always wore cool glasses/shades.
culturehandy
Yes, the bad speller tried to leave a comment for me. In classic fashion, I don't read the things unless it's from a bustie I know.
kittenb
Oh Perilous Times, if I promise to miss you, will you please go away?
girltrouble
was there a pt attack while i was away? things happen so quick round here... but pt=steve does it not?
auralpoison
No, he didn't attack, I was just giving the heads up to keep an eye out.
pepper
i got a friend request from boyinpanties. as if.
kittenb
I got a friend request and a comment from Perilous Times. Not an attack, just an annoyance.

As far as I know, boyinpanties has played well with others. I mean, personally, I don't bother much w/the Friend function, but just FYI.
pepper
oops, that's really a valid poster? sorry. i haven't seen any posts let alone participated in a discussion with them and the name just made me think it wasn't fer reals. my bad!
pollystyrene
Well, his profile says "you may remember me from 2005"...yeah, if you're referring to all the Bible passages and photoshopped miscarriages you posted here, then yes, I do remember you!

No, he's not a legitimate poster. He's just at annoyance level right now. I'm sure attack is soon to follow.

I got one from "girltrouble bubble" the other day...until girltrouble confirms that was her, that shit got rejected. rolleyes.gif

ETA: Oh, you're referring to BiP, pepper....silly me. No, so far, so good with him. So far, he's the "anti-Funk" tongue.gif I thought you were talking about Perilous Times and I hadn't scrolled down yet.
mouse
boyinpanties is my favorite newbie ever. posted relevant info in the right thread, as soon as he was referred here he posted an introduction, and all in all seems very respectful and interested. i love when newbies don't get defensive.
culturehandy
I have to get on the BiP admiration bandwagon. That's the way a newbie should be! Woohoo!

You remember me from 2005? *snorts* that's funny, since he's been around here spewing the same old crap time after time after time. Why not just introduce himself as "the resident douchebag who thinks that people actually read my posts and am truly a glutton for pain and punishment. i also have a really small penis".
pepper
okay. i guess i just thought it odd to request a friendship with someone you've never talked to and who has no "friends" in their profile anyhow. whateve's, glad to hear BiP is a groovy new member.
auralpoison
BiP is a good sort. He entered the bloody grrrls thread with empathy & humility & respect. Not solutions to something he'll never experience, not armchair psychology. Bravo! I hope he sticks around.
humanist77
yeeeah..that posting time rule is not working so far : P
girltrouble
uh, i think you might need to be a bit more patient. (god, it feels so weird defending debbie et. al.) it's working. trust me. there were times when steve would do 40 + threads in less than 1 minute. this is working.

i would hope that all busties would give mod squad waaaaaay more latitude. i know it seems like no one is on the case, but it's really kind of, well, obnoxious to see a steve post and pop off about it. give them some time. a few days ago i got a message from, two of the different mod squad-ers and the comment was pretty much the same in each case: "maude, you weren't kidding about this being a thankless job."

can we make a rule? in the case of steve, can we bitch about him, not the mods or debbie? i know i used to be the worst, but we have seen a LOT of changes in the last 2 months. i can tell you debbie is making a lot more effort than she used to.

mod squad is new, so give them a chance to get the job done, please?
stargazer
i don't think anyone is complaining about the mod squad. just exasperated about steve constantly posting malarkey in the lounge.
girltrouble
*ahem* bump.
kittenb
It is interesting. The site is moving a little slower than usual. Not a complaint, just an observation. I think it is because there is a lot of deleting being done.

I feel like I am seeing a little internet war.

Keep Goin' Mod Squad! WooHoo!
kittenb
I am just going to mix up a little pitcher of margritas for anyone else who is watching this. Anyone want? GirlTrouble? ModSquad?
kittenb
You Rock ModSquad!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.