Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
pollystyrene
Has heffalump-boy even posted since The Big Switch? Dare I say, is it even worth adding him to my list?

I haven't started a new thread yet- is there a way for the starter to delete the thread if there's no response, or it was an error or whatever?
doodlebug
Aw, mando. I guess it usually does hurt the first time.

But isn't it worth it?
pixiedust
Amazing ass hasn't posted either...isn't that a shame. i don't have anyone on my ignore list yet.
pollystyrene
I already added a.b. I figured that heffalump would change his name when the new board started anyway, so I didn't bother. Maybe I won't have to!!
mornington
pixie, he's ba-ack. and I really, really want to say something because he addressed me. but I don't want to feel like I'm troll-feeding. can i can i can i can i? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? *batters eyelashes*

I still haven't seen the heffalump though.
venetia
The weird thing now is that if you reply to trolls we're ignoring and can't see, wouldn't that be really confusing, like you're talking to your "voices" or something?
mornington
now if that's not encouragement I don't know what is. I wonder if I post, and then ignore - whether or not I'll be able to see his previous posts. hmm...
bunnyb
you don't get to see previous posts! but you get to see that they have posted but then a message to say "you have chosen to ignore this user" so if anyone else replies you know who they are responding to, just not what. you also have option to read that particular post -if you really want to- whilst still having them on ignore. pretty nifty.

I'm just experimenting as not bothered either way but it is so nice to know I have the option. I was curious to see whether you would see if they had posted at all as could foresee that causing problems but this way you can "see" what it is you are ignoring (in as much as you can see they are still posting but feel lucky that you don't have to read the shit they've posted).
raisingirl
Amazing Asshat has yet another name registered as well. It's not too hard to figure out. I'm loving this ignore function.
sixelacat
Is it wrong I am secretly happy the asshat posted, just so I could see what the ignore function would be like? LOVE THE IGNORE! Sooo nice....
bunnyb
nope.

eta: eeeek, loungelady appeared and heffalump's new thread (foetus pics - i don't know if it was new new or new post in "his" thread) in smells like teen spirit thread disappeared (I love the new feature where you can see who last posted in which thread in that topic)!!!
pixiedust
Mornington. I think I would find it hard not to respond back...just once bfore putting him on ignore...I think i may have to go congratulate him on being the first to be added to my ignore list!
girlbomb
Something else to consider: If nobody clicks on those snuffalufagus threads, he'll see that nobody's viewing them.
pepper
yeah girlbomb, such a smarty! lots of not looking at those threads coming right up.
doodlebug
I was thinking that myself, girlbomb. I keep thinking, "Ok, everybody said we wanted an ignore feature, so why keep clicking on his threads?"

Although I confess to clicking a couple of times just to see how the "ignore" function looked. *hangs head*
pixiedust
ok..point taken, but I saw heffalump before Amazing Ass and had to give one last parting shot. Mornington, dearheart, would you mind pm ing me with the new name. I really don't want to go on a troll hunt, so I figure the best thing to do is just add all his known names and be done with it. He isn't worth my time. Heffalump, I have serious issues with!
pepper
O.M.G. i LOVE the ignore function. i updated my list earlier and i can't believe how satisfying it is to not have to read the tripe.

new name? list it here pretty please and i'll be adding it straight off.

oh, the satisfaction. aaahhhh.....
margot
Wheee!
Ignore, ignore, ignore!
I was about to start ignoring everyone I disagree with, then I realised that's going too far, and I might as well just sit here pm-ing myself.
Oh. I've made myself sound wierd, haven't I?
auralpoison
I don't think that's weird. I've blocked four trolls & one legit Bustie because just seeing her name sets my teeth on edge.
raisingirl
QUOTE(raisingirl @ Jul 16 2006, 10:36 AM) *

Amazing Asshat has yet another name registered as well. It's not too hard to figure out. I'm loving this ignore function.

Okay, since y'all asked, it's Buster_Love .

You're welcome. ::curtsies::
snafooey
Raisingirl, how do you know it's him?
auralpoison
Because his tone as an author is distinct: He's condescending & always offering incredibly obvious (Often unsolicited.) solutions. As soon as I read his first post I knew it was him. Him heap smart man, we dumb, silly little Busties. Useless 'cept for big boobies & shaved ginches. Need pseudo-intellectual penis to set us straight. Plus, he's not too inventive handle-wise. I'm sure *he* thinks it's clever, but meh.
farmgirl
Yeah, the similar writing style and general tone seemed pretty telling to me, too.
pixiedust
Yep...I have a legitimate bustie on my ignore list too. There is another who might be making her way on there too. Just like in life we don't have to get along with EVERY bustie. There are just few who seem to rub the wrong way...other people seem to like them to more power to those people. I love 99% of you all!

Buster_love is added and ignored.
auralpoison
WORD, Pixie. I can think of one or two more that might get the cut.

There are many Busties that have changed their handles over the years, but their overall style/personality/tone doesn't really change. Hell, I could come back as pretty_pink_princess22 & nobody would buy it for a minute. Within two posts somebody would go, "Hmmmm... PPP22 is a BFB. Y'know who else was a BFB? AP. Where's she been lately? I bet that's her, the BFB."
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 17 2006, 01:30 PM) *

Because his tone as an author is distinct: He's condescending & always offering incredibly obvious (Often unsolicited.) solutions. As soon as I read his first post I knew it was him. Him heap smart man, we dumb, silly little Busties. Useless 'cept for big boobies & shaved ginches. Need pseudo-intellectual penis to set us straight. Plus, he's not too inventive handle-wise. I'm sure *he* thinks it's clever, but meh.

Ack, I know. He seems very young too. I bet he is just some college kid who is bored and ignored in RL, so he may as well be ignored here. Plus, he has made some pop culture comments that lead me to believe he is in his early 20's at the most.

What I find funny, is that he perceives his writing style as intelligent and incisive, instead of patronizing and telling.
auralpoison
I just like how he honestly thinks he's actually being *helpful* when he's merely patronizing.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 17 2006, 03:23 PM) *

I just like how he honestly thinks he's actually being *helpful* when he's merely patronizing.

When he gave advice about tampons, I almost shot mine out, I laffed so hard!....Who was that BUSTIE that baited him on that? That was priceless.

What a toad.
snafooey
I was suspicious of Buster_Love (I don't trust men who can't handle The Pink) but I just wasn't sure if they were the same person. . .but then I think I've only read one other post by him.
mornington
QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Jul 17 2006, 03:56 PM) *

Ack, I know. He seems very young too. I bet he is just some college kid who is bored and ignored in RL, so he may as well be ignored here.

I thought that too, GGG. He seemed to get quite het up about it.

AP, you make me laff.

I still haven't replied. I'm trying to hold myself aloof.
auralpoison
Snaf, here's your proof that they are one in the same asshat. Haircare advice from CoF:

"If anyone here has this problem, another possible solution is to start using hair dye that washes out in the shower until all of the hair with the permanent hair dye grows out. Then, you can wash out the temporary hair dye and have your color change all at once. I have no idea how much hair dye costs, so it may be too expensive to be practical, especially if you wash your hair every day. Note that it is recommended that you wash your hair only twice a week, since excessively frequent washing can damage hair."

PS. I'm still messing with all the new whistles & bells & have been sticking with the fast reply, I'll get the hang & do it all pretty soon enough.
mornington
*continues to hold self aloof*

It does have a certain similarity about it, doesn't it? I can't ignore his posts because I keep laughing at him.
yuefie
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 17 2006, 07:27 AM) *
There are many Busties that have changed their handles over the years, but their overall style/personality/tone doesn't really change. Hell, I could come back as pretty_pink_princess22 & nobody would buy it for a minute. Within two posts somebody would go, "Hmmmm... PPP22 is a BFB. Y'know who else was a BFB? AP. Where's she been lately? I bet that's her, the BFB."

bwahahahaa! I just laughed so hard when I read this, I nearly choked. I loves you to death, aural, you bfb!

I too figured that BusterLove was his latest incarnation. Either that or it's just another clueless doofus who has no idea how patronizing he comes accross. He really fancies himself helpful to us fair lasses, doesn't he? I mean, what ever would we do without his most *helpful* advice regarding tampons and hair dye? We are, after all, just little girls. We need us some big, strong hunk of man meat to keep us straight, yo! Oh and reposting all the posts that were lost over the weekend of the lounge change was a real klassy touch. Yep, klassy with a k is what he is.
pixiedust
"Oh and reposting all the posts that were lost over the weekend of the lounge change was a real klassy touch. Yep, klassy with a k is what he is. "
...ok first how do you do the quoting the correct way...I resorted to cut and paste when I couldn't get anythign else to work. and
2.WTF??? was this buster_love or amazing Asshat Id and I may have to go check it out for a giggle.

Mornington, be aloof darling...but please don't respond to it. As long as it's amuzing it's ok..when you feel the need to speak to it, it's time to hit the ignore button.
yuefie
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Jul 17 2006, 12:36 PM) *
"Oh and reposting all the posts that were lost over the weekend of the lounge change was a real klassy touch. Yep, klassy with a k is what he is. "
...ok first how do you do the quoting the correct way...I resorted to cut and paste when I couldn't get anythign else to work. and
2.WTF??? was this buster_love or amazing Asshat Id and I may have to go check it out for a giggle.

When you hit reply at the bottom of someones post, instead of at the top of the thread it automatically does it. You can also do it by copying and pasting the portion of the post you want to quote and putting the brackets [ ] around the word quote at the beginning and then ending it at the bottom with the brackets around /quote.

Yeah, amazing asshat reposted the posts made by me, snafooey and a few others over the weekend the lounge switched over that were lost in the transition. How thoughtful of him, heh. I was actually sad they were gone. In them he just continues to show just what an amazing asshat he really is, so kudos to him.

punkerplus
What thread was the tampon advice in? I have to see this.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(punkerplus @ Jul 17 2006, 08:04 PM) *

What thread was the tampon advice in? I have to see this.

Newbies, I think. Captain Lola baited him, it was priceless!
indiechick
can i again say that i am really happy about the ignore function?
auralpoison
Awesomest. Thing. Ever. Dunno what he wrote, don't care & am not even remotely tempted to look. Huzzah! Ciao, asshat
girlygirlgag
Serenity now!
punkerplus
Ignored. Hah! It feels good.
pixiedust
God Bless the ignore feature !
doodlebug
She does, pixie. She does.

smile.gif
sixelacat
*contented* le sigh...
tatiana
Did somebody say something? Huh, guess not, I don't see anything. huh.gif Kinda makes you wonder why we still have this thread, doesn't it. biggrin.gif
ginger_kitty
I am absolutely loving the ignore feature!!!!

Bye-bye trolls! laugh.gif
turbojenn
tatiana, I think this thread will evolve into a wistfully nostalgic thread, where the busties of yore gather to tell yarns about "remember when this asshat came in here and......"

Yes, it is a new era indeed, goddess bless us.
bunnyb
smile.gif contented with the silence.
pepper
oh mercy, i am love Love LOVING the ignoreability. dang, it is so terrif. ha ha.
pixiedust
I am seeing this thread as eventually becoming a place where we just mention those who should be put on the ignore lists. I mean I'm not looking for these guys...If someone hadn't put asshats other name in here, I wouldn't have known to ignore it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.