Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUSTing Trolls, Part Deux
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
pixiedust
Hey guys, do you think the new thread in AB Fab is legit. It started out sounding like spam, but? I might have a legitamate answer to their question although I'm pretty curious about why a massage therapist who doesn't know what minerals are would be looking for new cosmetics that contain them. Especially since just about every day spa I know of is pushing "pureology" right now.
pixiedust
yuef, what's your take..where the heck did everybody go?!
yuefie
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Jul 26 2006, 10:13 PM) *
yuef, what's your take..where the heck did everybody go?!
I dunno, seems legit enough to me, like they are really just looking for some recommendations. They don't seem to be peddling anything, yet. So I say we give suggestions if we have them and see what happens from there.
auralpoison
Um, I don't think Mornington looks like Beck. I'm not sure where that came from, I'm guessing it's asshattery. I wish I could rock her sweet little pixie haircut. My head is too lumpy & my hair too kinky. Side topic, interestingly, pixies were mean little motherfucks in folklore. That's why Black Francis settled on the name for the Pixies. It sounds so innocent & innocuous, but they were supposed to be nasty wee pranksters.

It's weird, but this thread put me in mind of fairy tales. I had (have) a book that is the Brothers Grimm on one side & HCA on the other. Unabridged, all the nastiness intact. I had almost completely forgotten the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Must dig it up & reread. Even though the "Ice Queen" gave me night terrors.

I feel my arteries hardening just thinking about that chocolate cake. To think I merely had a simple, perfect peach for dessert tonight. Sucker.

Goats! I loved going to the petting zoo when I was a kid, but I found that the goats were more interested in eating the dixie cups than the goat chow. My best friend lives near Lewisberg, TN & we go to the Fainting Goat Fest almost every year. Goats are weird. My friend is afraid of them. Last year I bought a jelly candle with a plastic goat in the bottom. Good times.

pepper
hey pix, i directed her to the community forum. seems like it's just the considerate thing to do since there were NINE views already (sheesh). at this point it doesn't matter what's legit or not, i'm following the "rules" and letting new peeps know what they are so they can follow them too. the mess in here is getting ridiculous already. no one seems to read the intro at all, gah. it would have been so great if the new forum had a time resitriction on starting new threads or at least a manditory intro page (is there even one? huh, i have no idea). whatevah. if we're all just nice and welcoming to the new chicas (and occasional not-an-asshat dude) everything will keep on keepin' on as usual.

oh, goats. their eyes are so strangely wonderful. i really, really loved the petting zoo when i was little. though my little one is absolutely Terrified of most creatures at first. then he just can't get enough of them, but the screaming up to that point just wigs all the animals and other people there right out. seriously, it's like someone is pulling his dang arm off. screechfest.
auralpoison
Hey, I was terrified of both Santa Claus & Ronald McDonald. I went so far as to rip off Santa's faux beard when I was three & ruin it for everyone else. I was a tiny little jerk even then.
psychicfemme
Yufie, Pixie, what pompous asses you are. You know nothing of psychics or spiritual gifts, except your mindless stereotypes and prejudices. I see it fairly knocks you over to find yourself bested by someone you feel should be more humble. And I suppose a woman's place is in the home? Children should be seen and not heard? You are walking anachronisms--thoroughgoing reactionaries in the trappings of feminists. For shame!

And as far as my gifts are concerned, I have not cheapened them by bringing them into this conflict. I have helped several people here, and have offered to help more. I really do offer something unique and positive to this community, and will continue to do so. I'll not be dissuaded or put off by the rantings of a reactionary lunatic fringe consisting of 5 or 6 people out of 7000 members.
yuefie
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 26 2006, 10:42 PM) *
I went so far as to rip off Santa's faux beard when I was three & ruin it for everyone else. I was a tiny little jerk even then.
Hee, I was too AP. I ruined a christmas party one year because I noticed that Santa was wearing my grandfather's wedding ring. Of course I had to announce it to everyone, and then search the premises for gramps. I new they were pulling a fast one on me and I was not going to stand for it. I think I was 3, maybe 4. In fact I'm pretty sure I still have a picture of me sitting on his lap looking at the camera, all smug and satisfied.

auralpoison
Look, I thought I was a tiny Woodward & Bernstein. Bring forth the tooth fairie! I'll bust her shit, too!

The first year I hid in an auntie's I hated closet. The next year, I referred to the guy by his name, Brent. Santa Brent. Viscious beard pulling ensued.
yuefie
Ah, what a pair of little bastards we were. Perhaps you are my long lost twin. You being the evil one, heh.

But yeah, you rock my socks. *doing an interpretive dance to show my love for AP*

mornington
I'm dribbling just thinking about that chocolate cake. mmm, caaaaake.

Goats are cool. I remember there was a discussion on here about fainting goats a while ago... I have no idea why. But goats rock, especially pygmy goats, 'cos they're so wee. We have goats up at the uni farm; they were far more interested in trying to eat our boiler suits than the hay and food we handed them.

When I was a kid, Neptune was of far more interest than Santa. Mostly 'cos Neptune and Nurse Jean used to throw us all in the pool on christmas day (for sweets) whereas Santa was just crap. Seriously. Neptune had an elephant. Bugger reindeer.

Did anyone else ever read "politically-correct fairy stories"?
bunnyb
"Politicically-correct fairy stories"? sounds no fun at all. I too have the unabridged Grimms and HCA (and a lot of and about the feminist retellings, Angela Carter's featuring heavily of course). I also took a Brothers Grimm class last year for fun, the old fairy tales teach more about life and have a moral rather than watered down disney-like tales. It's like renaming Noddy's best friend something other than Big Ears or banning Huck Finn - don't censor literature, folks, even if it is children's lit, it's what the Nazis did (speaking of which does anyone know which fairy tales the Nazis used for propoganda purposes?)
mornington
oh no, bunny, this shit was hilarious. They were taking the piss the entire time out of the whole pc thing by taking it a step too far. "snow white and the seven vertically-challenged persuns". (except I don't think it was Snow White, they changed her name too). It was most definitely not for children.
bunnyb
sounds funny - must get a hold of that and the Glaswegian Gospels (the Gospels all in dialect), for some reason that reminded me of those! Maybe it was Woman of colour who is good and seven vertically-challenged persons?

Is this the one mornonton? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0285632...ce&n=266239
mornington
that's the one! "once upon a more enlightened time". It's very, very silly. ("Sleeping Persun of Better-than-Average Attractiveness" pfft)

they do the gospels in glaswegian!?
bunnyb
The sleeping beauty one cracked me up - we should incorporate that into title if we ever restart the waking sleepy beauty thread! Ordered along with female chauvinist pigs (I was looking for something that would bump my basket up to free delivery amount!) They do indeed do Glaswegian Gospels (and Old Testament): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0715207...ks&v=glance
sybarite
So what was 'Snow White'? Frozen precipitation Anglo-Saxon ancestry homeworker?
girlygirlgag
Sunday, not only were there goats in the petting zoo, but there were also Wallabies and Kangaroos, (not huge ones though)

They seem to be getting acclamated and you couldn't really pet them, but they sure were cute.
pixiedust
Side topic, interestingly, pixies were mean little motherfucks in folklore. That's why Black Francis settled on the name for the Pixies. It sounds so innocent & innocuous, but they were supposed to be nasty wee pranksters

I earned my nickname honestly!
tongue.gif
raisingirl
Wanna grow up to be... be a debaser!

I love the Pixies something fierce.
auralpoison
You bought me a soda, you bought me a soda & tried to molest me in a parking lot.
roseviolet
I'm still trying to digest the idea of a fainting goat festival! What sort of events take place at the festival? I keep imagining people running around & screaming in hopes of scaring the goats into unconsciousness. Poor widdle things!
vesicapisces
Turns out there are *three* volumes of "politically correct" stories: Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, Once Upon a More Enlightened Time (I haven't read this one), and Politically Correct Holiday Stories for an Enlightened Yuletide Season. I read "Rudolph the Nasally Empowered Reindeer" one year at a solstice party.
pixiedust
That does sound To Funny! I am thinking Octoberfest gone horribly wrong! Instead of the chicken dance, do the fainting goat dance where everyone lays on the ground and flops around! Then of course, the food could be literally ANYTHING for that festival!
auralpoison
No, see, they don't let you mess with the goats 'cause that's animal cruelty. You get to look at them, pet them, feed them, & they do a fainting demonstration during the afternoon. It's mostly about BBQ & tacky gewgaws. I always buy goat soap & a wonderful goat chocolate lipbalm.
mornington
aw, damnit. I had a mental image of AP sneakin' up behind some poor goat and going "boo!". Goat chocolate lipbalm, eh?

It is effing tipping it down outside. I had to share.

auralpoison
Goat lipbalm rocks! So emolliant. That shit is tighter than my ginch.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 27 2006, 05:03 PM) *

Goat lipbalm rocks! So emolliant. That shit is tighter than my ginch.

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif
pixiedust
Doesn't take much, does it Ap? wink.gif
sixelacat
OMG! Goats! I should've known AP would know about fainting goats! Here's their official site.

My friend S has a pygmy goat for a pet (among many, many other animals on her farm). Her name is Gypsy and she likes to sit on the couch with you and put her head in your lap. She's sooo cute! I love to housesit for them (except for their evil parrot, who makes distressed cat noises until one of their cats comes running to his cage, then he cackles evilly and starts all over again. All day long.)

I'm having goat's cheese and toast for breakfast, yum!
ms.gb
i used to have pygmy goats....johnny and jacob...annoying little bastards....into everything. but cute....the babies are REALLY cute. bottle feeding is a blast! ah to have livestock again......(sigh)
girlygirlgag
I helped a goat give birth, then I got to bottle feed the babies.

I've also milked a goat.....Not easy.
ms.gb
ggg, you've milked a goat? cool....i've milked goats and sheep. personally, goats are easier...provided we are talking dairy goats...pygmy goats have tiny udders like sheep. but theres nothing like fresh goat ice cream.....not as heavy as regular but the same richness. and soo creamy...(drools)
funnybird
For years I wanted nothing more than a pet goat. I planned to name him Marcellus, after Marcellus Wallis from Pulp Fiction (because goats are nobody's bitches, right?). I love their funny eyes and the way they have so much attitiude. And goat's cheese and sundried tomato is my favourite pizza topping.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(ms.gb @ Jul 27 2006, 06:40 PM) *

ggg, you've milked a goat? cool....i've milked goats and sheep. personally, goats are easier...provided we are talking dairy goats...pygmy goats have tiny udders like sheep. but theres nothing like fresh goat ice cream.....not as heavy as regular but the same richness. and soo creamy...(drools)

These were not dairy goats, I guess htere is some genetic disorder that some goats carry that is transferred through their milk, so the mothers were milked so the milk could be treated for that before given to the babies. Yeah, their teets were small and I felt like I was hurting the poor things.

But it was still fun.
mornington
I've milked sheep, but never a goat. The sheep - 'specially the yearling beulahs - were a bitch to milk. I want a goat for a pet - a pygmy one. I feel that one day I will end up living in one of those dotty city-farm style places where there are so many different species but nothing that would actually qualify it as a zoo. I want ducks too. And donkeys.

ggg, I've never heard of that (viruses and whatnot, yes). D'you have a name for it? /vet geek
girlygirlgag
I don't remember. My ex worked on the farm that did this. It was an all organic, learning and day camp farm.
doodlebug
You people have creepy hobbies.

wink.gif
roseviolet
Hey, doodle ... my current hobby is eating chocolate chip cookies. wink.gif
mornington
hobbies? hobbies? this is my edumakayshun here.

I appear to have consumed nearly and entire packet of ginger nuts.
sixelacat
That's no hobby, Doodle, that's m'childhood! And you know you secretly want to milk a goat. Admit it!

I bet Eddie Izzard's milked a goat..... tongue.gif
auralpoison
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Jul 27 2006, 01:16 PM) *

Doesn't take much, does it Ap? wink.gif

This best not be a bust on my ginch.
sixelacat
??? AP's ginch is busted? HB too much for ya?! *snark* laugh.gif
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(turbojenn @ Jul 24 2006, 05:54 PM) *

dammit, I *had* to wander in here when ya'll started talking about food and pies again....when I'm in the middle of a liver cleanse and fasting....pooh.

...But curry sounds delish! Or maybe cold chicken curry salad...yummmm!

psychic - Advanced Member doesn't mean much of anything 'round here, I'd say...I think you get that status at like 50 or 100 posts...I'm not sure why we have ranking on the new board. Pretty much all admiration is earned in here...so take it easy, and enjoy the forum for what it is.

What are you doing for your fast? I need to start one.
turbojenn
thank cod I'm done with my cleanse now - whew! ...not that I'm going to go back and eat sugar and such for awhile...

So I usually do a cleanse for about 5 days, and get a colonic in the middle. I make simple smoothies in the morning with about a cup of fruit, 8oz water, and 1 scoop of BioCleanse, which is a medical food supplement that assists in detoxing and liver cleanse. I get it here: http://www.healthegoods.com/content/biocleanse.htm. The biocleanse keeps you from feeling really woozy and weird, and keeps your energy stable, while your body rests. So I do the smoothies for breakfast and dinner, and then for lunch just eat fresh, raw veggies. Its pretty simple, but it does a good job, and a colonic is really helpful in not only removing physical crap, but emotional too...I'm always suprised at the emotional release a colonic gives me too. Oh, and drink lots of water during a cleanse. Oh, and if you're trying to take something out of your diet - wheat, dairy, sugar, etc...a cleanse and colonic will take your cravings right away, and then the only thing left is breaking your mental habit of grabbing for those foods. If you have any questions, just send me a pm...I have been known as the "butt flush queen" around here. heh. tongue.gif
girlygirlgag
Stupid Cincinnati Ohio! I have been wanting a colonic forever and I can't find where to get one around here.

I heard they are really expensive though.
turbojenn
I came up with a few places using google. If you don't find it under colonics, look up colon therapy or colon hydrotherapy...see, it doesn't sound as scary when you call it "therapy"...or something like that. tongue.gif I pay $75 per treatment...pretty standard for haling/body work.
auralpoison
Seriously. I'm calling you out Pixie. You got a problem with my ginch? HB will tell you my ginch is tighter than Joan Rivers' facelift. Word.
battygurl
I had pygmy goats growing up. One of them knocked me over with a head butt and broke my arm. But other than that they were fun.
bunnyb
mmmm. You had to go and mention goat's cheese didn't you? This thread makes me hungry and fat.

And what is going on with the poison ginch?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.