Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Baby - What's your Sign? The Astrology Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2
saktii
Oh my God! Walkingbitch, the typo quenn!!! How funny. I didn't expect that there would be any old BUSTIES still here. I found a postcard you sent me years and years ago.
It reminded me that i used to like Bust Lounge alot and thought I'd pop in again.
Anyway, I was just going to add that "The Only Astology Book You'll Ever Need" is a great resource for anyone interested in learn to cast their own--and another's-- charts.
I'm much more interested insynastry right now, though, and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good how-to book on this subject.
opheliathemuse
You people are making me feel like a newbie now...
=)
misspissed
i've got to jump in because i am going thru my saturn return...in leo.

ventre, sounds like we are going thru the same thing right now. when is your birthday?
mine is december 10th...sagittarius thru and thru :-)
djennma2000
My Saturn Return was in 1999-2000, and the biggest change was having my daughter! :-) (Saturn in Gemini--and retrograde, no less! :-))
janie90
hey Ladies,

I'm a Pisces with moon in Leo and Sagitarrius rising, and in Chinese astrology a Dragon. Makes for a fun combo, my mom was into all this astrology/palmistry/tarot cards stuff. So I think it's fun, but I don't take it too seriously.
Cheers
ventre
Misspissed,

My birthday is October 21st--Libra/Scorpio cusp. Ouch!
anna_k
I used to believe in astrology, but I think it's more personality traits grouped together and regurgitated in different forms. I'm a Libra, and Libras are always described as artsy and beautiful and romantic and liking pretty things.

I like having the same birthday as Catherine Deneuve, that's cool.
citrussss
how exactly do you know when your saturn return is? what is a saturn return anyway? I remember reading something a while ago that said I would be entering into it for a two year period, but I don't really get it.
demoness
Scorpio & proud of it. (infact i have a scorpio tail/ tribal tatt on my lower back).Scorpio is the eighth Sign of the Zodiac, and you shouldn't take that lightly. You shouldn't take Scorpios lightly, either. Those born under this Sign are dead serious in their mission to learn about others. There's no fluff or chatter for Scorpios, either: these folks will zero in on the essential questions, gleaning the secrets that lie within. Scorpios concern themselves with beginnings and endings, and are unafraid of either; they also travel in a world which is black and white and has little use for gray. The curiosity of Scorpios is immeasurable, which may be why they are such adept investigators. These folks love to probe and know how to get to the bottom of things. The fact that they have a keen sense of intuition certainly helps.

It's the Scorpion which symbolizes Scorpios, and it's no accident. Much like the Scorpion would rather kill itself than be killed, those born under this Sign are the ones who are in ultimate control of their destiny. It is life on the Scorpion's terms, too, since these folks promote their agenda (they are quite the executives) and see to it that things go forward. Others may find this overbearing (it can be) and even self-destructive, but that's the beauty of the Scorpion: these folks have tremendous regenerative powers, much like the literal Scorpion can lose its tail and promptly grow a new one. Fearless Scorpions rarely lose, per se, they just keep on going, since they are stubborn and determined to succeed (this Scorpio trait is in keeping with the Fixed Quality assigned to this Sign). Scorpios work as hard as they do so they can someday sit back and feel satisfied with themselves. These folks are intense, passionate and filled with desire. They're also complex and secretive, so don't expect to get much out of them, lest they become suspicious and exit stage left. It's best not to bet against Scorpios, either, since these folks are surprisingly resourceful.
ventre
Citrussss-

Try:

www.newage-directory.com/saturn.html

...At least for a basic understanding.
vnoa3
Not sure if anyone has ever posted this link before, but it has the most comprehensive astrological information I've ever seen.
(Be forewarned: it is really outdated and the views of male and female roles are really old fashioned. If you can ignore those parts, there's a lot of interesting information there, especially for people who have limited knowledge of astrology, like me.)
pixiedust
bump for mel
djennma2000
what do y'all think about the so-called "actual" or "living " astrology--where they take into account where the Sun is currently residing at different times of the years (correcting for the Procession of the Equinoxes and such)? I found out--I'm not technically a Sag--I'm an Ophi--and Ophiuchus, that is! :-O The sign along the Tropical Zodiac where the Sun actually rises (now) during my birthday!!

ACK!!! I've been living a LIE!!!! ;) *hee hee hee*
djennma2000
*blink blink* Nobody has an opinion on this? :-) I think that's a first! :-O
djennma2000
anyone know when Merc's going retro again this year? I think it's going to be soon....
tatina
5 - 21 July.
These are cool online ephemerides where you can always look it up:
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2006.pdf
tatina
I have an opinion, djennma, at least kind of... I live in India where actual astrology is widely used and has a long tradition. I played around with both systems and found out that "having" to decide drives me nuts. I simply accept both and I appreciate the Indian/actual system for its accurate predictions. But I still use the Western system, it works for me, personally, very well.
messina
I agree Tatina...I tried figuring out which one described me better, since some things did change, and I about lost my mind. Finally, I just said the hell with it! It's just fascinates me though, b/c one of the things that changed was my rising sign: From a Taurus to an Aries....It's a big difference, you know?
bunnyb
bump for grenadine
grenadine
thanks, bunny. so what is everybody's sign? i have always been an amateur astrologer (took a class on it during college - though not AT college - which involved practicing charting with the clintons) and am currently trying to predict how i'm going to manage my son's increasingly bossy-poopypants toddlerhood based on his sign (unfortunately the same as madonna's and bill clinton's...he's already the king of our house). it's amazing to me how well his astrological profile fits him. my husband, who is on the cusp of power (aries/taurus, the same one as hitler and mussolini smile.gif ) is also amazed at how well astrology describes his particular dictatorial charisma. me, i'm a libra and don't really feel like one, but i guess i'm more of a john lennon libra than a gandhi libra...and with the moon in scorpio. so...i'm not really sure where this is going, but anyone else have astrological thoughts? questions?
for a long time i was going to write a book about what each sign was like to date...i was really researching heavily there for a while. maybe we could do a compendium...
nickclick
ah, your son is a leo! good luck!
grenadine
well, my sister is a leo, so i have some experience. some examples of leo's superhuman drive to be noticed: she would hold her breath until she passed out, cut my clothes to bits with a scissors, and kick out windows. so as long as my son doesn't achieve those heights of nutso, i'm okay. but i'm definitely working to curb the tendencies.

*NB: i by no means mean to imply that all leos are nutsos. i have many leo friends, and i recognise that my sister is Special. wink.gif
sassygrrl
So I'm an Aquarius. My boyfriend is a Taurus. Do we get along?? I'm just curious. I'm not sure if we would get along romantically or not.
grenadine
well, based on your sun signs no, but you might have compatible moon and/or venus signs. aquarius is a fixed air sign and taurus is a fixed earth sign, so you don't mix much intellectually, supposedly - if you think of the sun sign as the ego, your ego is supposed to be fairly philosophically oriented, somewhat detached, and humanitarian/global/intuitive in thinking, whereas his will be self-oriented (very focused on understanding the world through his own experiences and things he's physically observed, not self-centred, tho many a taurean is that, too) and highly sensory. but (keeping the jungian theme) if you think of the moon sign as the id, the darker or more private side of your personality, knowing your moon signs might help explain the attraction. my moon is in scorpio and this goes far toward explaining me and my husband...we *think* totally differently but we *feel* the same way about a lot of things.

and sassy, there are tons of websites that'll do a free sample chart for you - astro.com and astrology.net are two.
sassygrrl
Thanks grendine. I'll check out those sites. I'm a scorpio moon. I'm not sure what he is. I'll have to figure it out. smile.gif And much like your husband and you, we think differently (put a math major and an english major together) but we feel similar about certain things.
treehugger
I've always been interested in cusps, because I'm on one. Aquarius/Pisces. And the boy is a Leo.

I seem to have some days where I feel more Aquarius and others when I feel more Pisces. But I am clueless.
llamas
treehugger, when is your birthday? I ask because I'm an Aquarius/Pisces cusp too, and mine is February 17th. I really don't know much about cusps in general, but I'm pretty much a perfect Aquarius, though many of my close friends throughout my life have been Pisces.
mornington
I'm a leo! *feels special* 21st august, so I think I'm on a cusp... my mum's a leo too, which makes things, ah, interesting rolleyes.gif .

what interest is given in double signs? - I'm a leo and a tiger, which are both fire signs... just curious.
treehugger
QUOTE(llamas @ Nov 28 2006, 02:47 PM) *

treehugger, when is your birthday? I ask because I'm an Aquarius/Pisces cusp too, and mine is February 17th. I really don't know much about cusps in general, but I'm pretty much a perfect Aquarius, though many of my close friends throughout my life have been Pisces.

I'm pretty much dead center in the cusp....born in the morning of February 19. smile.gif I have a couple friends born on the same day (talk about a small world) and one of the two is very Pisces, and the other one's more of an Aquarius. Weird. And I have no clue....perhaps I have some Gemini in me as well!
grenadine
QUOTE(treehugger @ Nov 28 2006, 07:11 PM) *

I'm pretty much dead center in the cusp....born in the morning of February 19. smile.gif I have a couple friends born on the same day (talk about a small world) and one of the two is very Pisces, and the other one's more of an Aquarius. Weird. And I have no clue....perhaps I have some Gemini in me as well!

treehugger, if you have an accurate birth time you can determine which sign you are - the whole "cusp" idea is a bit of myth; the sun passes from one sign to another at a very specific moment in time - so although there may be some influence, you're one or the other. that explains llamas's experience...

sassy, watch that scorpio power...it packs a punch wink.gif
sassygrrl
Grenadine, that could explain my temper at times. I need to read more about it actually. I did some research on Taurus/Aquarius last night. Plan on picking up a book called Sexology...heh.
stargazer
*shaking finger at sassygrrl* now, i didn't i read you things about the taurus/aquarius match. *giggles* i'm very much a virgo, but as i've gotten older...i'm more comfortable with my moon sign aspect of me...sag...it explains why i'm not the wallflower...far from it...people always tell me i don't act like a virgo...but, you listen to me talk...and my ego explains it all...

i love astrology stuff...go to astro.com if you want a free reading...birth time is necessary...
treehugger
Hmm. I just entered my data and ended up with:

Sun in Pisces
Moon in Scorpio
Ascendant is Cancer

Interesting.
grenadine
wow, three water signs. very intuitive, very emotional, very capable of keeping secrets, treehugger.
and there seems to be a moon in scorpio trend among us...

just for the record, you do not want to make a scorpio moon angry.
sassygrrl
Shaking fingers at Star.... giggles.....yes, you read me that. Plan to pick up that book this weekend if we get to B/N. You know I'll be getting shit from McGeek for it for being a total hippie. He was already on me for talking about vibes/energy the other day... haha. "Ooh, he had bad energy...." and then did this little movement with his hands. I guess he can kid me about my love of astrology, and I can kid him for going to his obsession over gaming.

No, you do not act like a virgo Star. Sag would definately fit you more.
wombat
treehugger! Two of my best friends were born on Feb 20/21!!

I'm: Scorpio Sun, Aries Moon, Gemini Rising.

Had an Aries Sun Mom with quite a temper, too.... ooh!

This explains why I have kerfuffling asshat moments. Although I do try to keep them to a minimum.
hiddenpoet
i have Scorpio sun, Scorpio moon and Libra rising.
sassy, if you're looking for frighteningly accurate astrology books there's a book called Sex Signs by Judith Bennet which is one of the best astrology books i've ever read. check it out if you have the time.
wombat
Ooh, I've got that. I relate more to the Scorpio or Sag sex prefs but according to Martine Woolfolk and some others, your sex life goes by your Venus placement which in my case would be Libra. grrrr.

Does anyone do Tarot readings on the Sun and Moon holidays? I've never read a book saying to do it then, but i have the urge. The one for Solstice was excellent.
doodlebug
*delurks*

This is a really cool site for astrology....you can click on "signs of the zodiac" and read your profile for your moon sign, ascendent, venus, mars, etc. And click on the "astrology of love and sex" to find your venus and mars signs!

I am a Sagittarius sun, Taurus moon, Leo rising....Capricorn venus and Libra mars.

I am not supergreat at tarot-reading, but I also did a tarot reading on the Solstice, which was most excellent, and eerily on-target. I use the MotherPeace deck, which are round cards. They are feminist/goddess-based.
wombat
Well, thanks for that, doodle.

That explains it. My Mars is in Scorpio.

I have four planets that are in the signs they rule, and have the moon on the opposite side from all the rest. The "bucket" formation, meaning my intensity is channelled into expressing emotions/creativity. As a life purpose.
hiddenpoet
i used to do Tarot readings once a month on the new moon for friends or whoever they brought along at the coffeehouse. i havent done a reading in almost a year partially because i just dont want want know. i could go buy a new deck but like Bjork's big time sensuality,
"I don't know my future after this weekend! .. And i don't want to."

it stopped being fun for me so i lied and said my deck got ruined. i paid for that lie because later on my deck did get ruined!
wombat
I feel weird about reading for people, or them reading for me.

I think the cards simply point out parts of our lives that we are not paying attention to. I believe we arrange the cards, somehow knowing what they are.

This has been proven to me time and time again.

Sometimes I will be bothered by a bad reading, so I don't read on every moon (it would be a full moon for me) or every cross-quarter.

It's been a long time since I read. I wait until after the outcome has occurred and sometimes I wait even longer than that.

I seldom read the cards "about" another person to myself, if ya know what I mean. I'm not arrogant enough to think it's really about them, it is about my own feelings about them and so not the objective truth that I would be seeking.
stargazer
thanks doodlebug for the link! i've been cruising the site ever since!
hiddenpoet
perhaps i should explain more. i didn't do a reading for myself every month but every month i would do them for friends or friends of friends or whoever wanted one. it was fun. i of course never accepted payment. when i read the cards for them, i let the other person shuffle my deck until it felt right to them. then i would lay them out and interpret. also before each reading i would separate the deck into it's order in order. wands going from ace to king etc. so then we all unconsciously knew where all the cards were within the deck after it's shuffle. that's how the readings were so astoundingly accurate.
doodlebug
You're welcome, stargazer! It's a pretty engrossing site, isn't it? I didn't think I was so astrology-obsessed....heh.

ETA: I also found this to be a really well-done site. Unfortunately, it's not finished yet, so it only goes up to Libra. It's a non-commercial site, and the person writing it does a little bit at a time. I've been waiting over a year for Sagittarius to come up!!! *le sigh*

poet, that sounds like a cool thing to do for folks.

I wish I could interpret tarot for others, but it never works that way. I don't think I know the cards well enough...and the Motherpeace deck doesn't lend itself to traditional interpretations! But I am happy to let my closest friends use my deck and book, though.

Also, I don't necessarily consider the tarot as predictive, personally speaking, so much as containing wisdom that I can interpret and digest according to what's going on in my life at the time, or according to what my expectations and desires are, etc. I don't know if that's something that can be done with a traditional deck, but the Motherpeace deck definitely lends itself to that.
stargazer
jeesh doodlebug! another site to cruise! i noticed that it took from other sites i've read. but, i still cruised it nonetheless.

hey, does anyone know what it means on your astrology profile where it says true node? i've never figured out what it means. my true node is in scorpio.
wombat
Yeah, I don't mean that nobody can read for anyone else, if they are there then their hands and minds are affecting the cards, and they are participating intentionally and they can discuss it first hand.

I just mean that if someone comes to me and says, "Tell me what the cards say about 'Jake'" the reading won't really be referencing 'Jake' in any objectively truthful way, it will just reflect our own feelings about him back to us.

Just to clarify what I had meant.

But, I guess sometimes people ignore parts of their feelings in that regard as well, so it could still be helpful.

I agree about putting them in order and then shuffling them. Even looking at each one and "communing" with it a bit. The subconscious mind has a large, large, filing capacity that is painful to hold in the conscious mind all the time.

eta:

For readings, This is free, easy to use and fairly substantial.

http://www.osho.com/
anna k
I love reading Elle's horoscope today:

"Because Libras are equal parts nerd and sex kitten, having intellectual arguments with your partner is your idea of foreplay."

That is true. I do look forward to being able to argue with my partner and be real about it.
stargazer
zoya and i were chatting about saturn's return to our charts...and i was wondering if any of you ladies had any more info about it. from what my naturopath said...saturn's return is part of the reason i had such a difficult time last year....
edie52
I don't know much about Saturn return... from what I understand it happens in your late twenties?

This is way late but I just checked out the link that doodlebug posted below. Reading the physical description of a Gemini was totally uncanny. Almost everything was right on, and some unusually specific things: "birdlike" features, very long arms, prematurely grey hair. Weird.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.