Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Postie List - the Bust postcard exchange
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ginger_kitty
Thanks roseviolet!! Those knit pants were horrific!

I am going to try to get mine out next week......
mermaidgirl13
Got one from you Rose Violet! Thanks!

Sent a few out yesterday too.
bunnyb
thank you so much for the bunny suicides card, rose!

I'm hoping to send a batch out this week.

dusty
Thanks, Rose!

I think the answer is 'so that someone can unzip it for you' but they don't exactly invite it, do they?
roseviolet
Exactly, Dusty. I mean, I'm sure there are a few people who might find thickly padded upholstry to be sexy, but not many!

So glad that so many of you have gotten your posties! Yay!
mornington
I got mine rose! thank you!

i'm starting to write mine and send them out...
mornington
ok, so i wrote some... but... i had a moment

christmas cards instead of posties, anyone?
erinjane
That's actually what I was thinking too. We shall see...
ginger_kitty
Thanks for the X-mas card, mornington!!
treehugger
Mornington, thank you! biggrin.gif
ginger_kitty
Thanks Dusty!! smile.gif
erinjane
Another thanks from me, dusty!

I meant to come in here and post earlier, but I just didn't have the time/money to get cards together, so I'm backing out. If anyone is still planning to send you can omit me from the list. Sorry!
mermaidgirl13
I moved so don't send any post cards to the address that was on the list. (they don't forward postcards, do they?)

I hope to be included next time around with my new address!
ginger_kitty
I just sent some of mine out, sorry so late!!

P.S. mermaidgirl, crap sent you one, hope they forward it!
indiechick
i still haven't sent any but i have only received two (thanks, rv & mornington!) so i don't feel all that bad. plus i am out of a job so there is not much money to spend on postcards going overseas. sorry, y'all. but the postie list is still on my list of things to do once i have more money.
bunnyb
ditto (things to do when have money; I've had mine bought for ages, it's the postage).
dusty
Why wouldn't they forward postcards? They cost just as much to send as letters...

You didn't get a postie from me, Indie? I thought I sent to everyone on the list? Did anyone else not get one from me?
indiechick
nope, dusty, none from you. i know that i got a postcard from roseviolet and a christmas card from mornington but that was it.
dusty
I'm sorry. I'll have to rectify that.
indiechick
oh, that's okay. sometimes postcards get lost in the mail.
erinjane
I only got two this time as well. Dusty and roseviolet.

Last time I sent to everybody but I have a feeling they didn't all make it to their destinations.
dusty
No, I looked up your address, Indie, and I know I didn't send one there, so I'm sorry, and I will send one.
indiechick
thanks, dusty, it got here today!
dusty
OMG! I think I put it in the mail five minutes ago!
kittenb
erinjane, I think I got a card from you ages ago, I just am really bad about coming in here and mentioning it.

And so...thanks gingerkitty!
treehugger
Thanx for the card, gingerkitty!! smile.gif

ETA: Oh, SHIZATT! I thought I came in here to thank you, Dusty, but apparently I didn't. My bad! sad.gif

A belated THANK YOU to Dusty.
bunnyb
thank you gingerkitty! funnily enough, I bought the same card and more from that range to send! on that note: I *promise* to post mine out one day next week.
lysistrata
Dusty, thank you for the card, in fact, for BOTH! You are a super postie sender. I, on the other hand, have been a crap one, but I finally sent a bunch a few weeks ago and am getting around to the rest of the list once I stop hacking up bits of lung...ugh.
indiechick
@gingerkitty: thanks for your card! i forgot to came in here when it arrived about three weeks ago. sorry!
ginger_kitty
I forgot to come in and thank lysistrata. I got it last weekend Thank you!!

I have lost track of my list and I am not sure if I sent one out to everyone unsure.gif . If I missed anyone, I'll definately get you next time around. smile.gif
bunnyb
When is the next time around?

I'm moving house April 5th.

I broke my promise. I suck.
erinjane
Thanks lysistrata! Got it yesterday!
indiechick
yay, i finally found a job (which means more money which in turn means i can finally send out some cards!). i thought i should at least send cards to those people who have sent some to me. namely dusty, roseviolet, gingerkitty, and mornington. let me know if your addresses changed and also if anyone believes that they sent one to me and should get one back. it might be that i have forgotten someone.
bettieblank
I would love to join in next time around! will someone let me know,please? and thank you lol
LustfullyPink
I'd also like to join! I'll keep checking back for updates!
crazyoldcatlady
i'm throwin' my hat in the ring too, i've got some purty ones laying about...
bunnyb
Yes, I think it's time for a new round once roseviolet is back from vacation and has a free moment. I was a failure last round even though I have the cards bought; I've also changed address since.

There's nothing like receiving BUSTie post.
roseviolet
Bunny is right. smile.gif My two months of H-E-double hockey sticks is finally OVER! So I can focus some energy on the postie list again. But here's the deal. Once a year, I like to do a clean sweep on the postie list. I throw out all of the old addresses and start from scratch. And as you can imagine, it's that time again.

So here is what we're going to do.

If you want to be on the postie list, (meaning that you wish to mail postcards to you fellow Busties around the globe) send an e-mail to postielist [at] bust [dot] com. Be sure to include ...
(1) your BUST member name and
(2) your full mailing address.
If you'll be moving soon, let me know when you expect to move (you don't have to have a specific date). We can put you on the list in the mean time & hopefully you'll still get some postal love. smile.gif

Send your e-mail with your info by FRIDAY, JULY 13TH!!!! Yup, Friday the 13th. That weekend I will compile the addresses & send out a sprakly new list! Hooray!

But please. PLEASE. Do NOT join the list unless you honestly mean to participate by mailing postcards to other members of the list. Thanks!
ginger_kitty
I love getting and giving Posties! smile.gif Just updated my address.
roseviolet
Check your e-mail, everyone! I just sent out the latest list!

If you asked to be on the list and you did NOT get an e-mail, just say so. I'll fix the sitch toot sweet. wink.gif
bunnyb
The list seems really depleted - what happened to everyone? morn? I'll continue to send her post but ... sniff.

I'm disappointed that I can't use my Harry Potter postage stamps on the cards but they're UK only.
roseviolet
I honestly think it can be good to have a shorter list. In the past we've had as many as 40 people on the list and, frankly, it was too intimidating and too expensive for most of the members to send cards to everyone. The list as it is now is less intimidating - and there's still plenty of room for others to join later if they choose. smile.gif
LustfullyPink
Sorry guys! I think I forgot to give RoseViolet my name! Sara R! There you go smile.gif
dusty
Thanks, Rose!

Poo. I hate local stamps. We have make-your-own postage stamps in Canada where you send in a digital photo, but you can only use them in Canada. I want a Harry Potter stamp.
anoushh
With the baby I'm just too busy to do posties at the moment, and I didn't want to be one sided about things.

With luck I'll be back someday, though!
mornington
i might be moving in a bit, bun... and then with going to the states and not having a job... je me suis pretty broke right now.

maybe next round?
MaybeSparrow
Ooooh I just bought the supplies to make my cards!! By the way, my name is Lindsey L. I forgot to provide it on the list. It will get to me either way though.
bunnyb
Sorry maybesparrow and lustfullypink, I've already written mine so they're addressed with your handle name.

Hopefully posting them out tomorrow if I can get to post office.
LustfullyPink
It's alright, my fault.

I went to Hobby Lobby today and stocked up on postcard making goodies, YAY!!

It's gonna be SUH WEET.
roseviolet
Thank you, SanshiGirl, for my first postie of the summer! I have a cork board in our dining room where I keep my posties, so I put yours up there next to a "Debbie Does Dallas" postcard from 2 years ago. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.