Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Postie List - the Bust postcard exchange
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
bunnyb
I sent a batch out on Tuesday; most but not all. So if you don't receive a postie from me within the next week then know it's coming soon; I'm on holiday just now.
erinjane
Just wanted to let people know you'll probably be receiving postcards from me in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm going on vacation on wednesday and i want to collect postcards while I'm away and I'll send them from the road. biggrin.gif
roseviolet
Huge buckets of lovin' to Dusty, Battygirl, and Ginger Kitty for the postal goodness!!!! It's no nice to find something besides bills and junk mail in the post. Thank you! smile.gif
bunnyb
Oh BUGGER. Rose, I sent a card to your previous address sad.gif (I had one I'd made earlier but hadn't posted). I'll send you another one when I'm sending the remainder out.
ginger_kitty
Thanks bunny, I got your card today. smile.gif

Mine are in the mail and on the way.
LustfullyPink
Thank you ginger-kitty! I <3 your card, it's soo adorable!
mermaidgirl13
Got your card, Ginger Kitty -- THANK YOU!

I sent all of my U.S. cards out yesterday and will send non-U.S. cards later this week.
OreosMom
Wow! I'd love to exchange with someone. This is a really great idea!!
jemisoutrageous
Thanks to Dusty and Ginger_Kitty!
I sent my posties out today so get ready for some queer air mail from brooklyn!
QUOTE(OreosMom @ Aug 8 2007, 03:34 PM) *

jemisoutrageous
Oreosmom, it is really fun! PM RoseViolet abd i'm sure she'll be delighted to put you on her next list...
QUOTE(OreosMom @ Aug 8 2007, 03:34 PM) *
roseviolet
Actually, OresMom, DO NOT send me a PM! If you (or anyone else) wishes to join the postie list, you need to send an e-mail to postielist [at] bust[dot] com. Tell me ..
1. your Bust screen name
2. your mailing address
Ordinarily I only update the list once a season, but that's only about 6 weeks away. smile.gif

Bunny, don't worry about it. The post office has forwarded a couple post cards to me recently, so I may still get it. Fingers crossed!
bunnyb
Arrived home to lovely cards from dusty and ginger_kitty and another tres cute card from jem today! thank you ladies.

I'm hoping to send the remainder of mine this week, now that I'm home from holiday.
ginger_kitty
mermaidgirl and jem, I got both your posties today. Thanks ladies!!
dusty
Thanks, Jem and Bunny and Ginger!

I still have a couple more to send out. Sadly, there were *no* posties of interest where I was on vacation. Hmmm.
bunnyb
Thanks mermaidgirl for the cool card!
erinjane
I got these weeks ago now, but thanks to bunnyb, dusty, jem, and ginger kitty!

My cards should be arriving soon!
bunnyb
Thank you for my "cheesy" card, rose!

I really must send your replacement card and the other couple I have to send soon.
ginger_kitty
Roseviolet, I got your card yesterday! smile.gif And a couple days ago, I recieved a postie from crassy. Thanks so much ladies!!

P.S. crassy did I send you a card? I can't remember....and would feel bad if I overlooked anyone.
erinjane
Thanks Roseviolet! Got the card today, and I agree with you about the vampire yuppies.
dusty
Thanks to the Bustie who Drank her Forty at Home, and RoseV!
ginger_kitty
Thank you erinjane, your card was awesome!
erinjane
Yay! I was they would some how all get lost in the mail and no one would receive them. I love those kinds of cards.
dusty
I'm seriously fretting that my card to Lustfullypink got lost because it wasn't a standard postcard.

And no, it wasn't a hockey puck either, in case anyone is wondering.

Erinjane, did you like Michael J. Fox and Anne Murray together?
erinjane
Hmm...the card I got from you dusty was Captain Canuck, but no Michael J. Fox or Anne Murray.
dusty
QUOTE(erinjane @ Sep 12 2007, 12:00 PM) *
Hmm...the card I got from you dusty was Captain Canuck, but no Michael J. Fox or Anne Murray.

It came with a little thing like a Michael J. Fox postage stamp printed where the stamp goes, so I especially selected an Anne Murray postage stamp in the spirit of Canadian icons.
bunnyb
Thanks for the cool card erinjane!

I'm glad you liked yours - I was worried you would be offended/embarrassed.
erinjane
QUOTE(dusty @ Sep 12 2007, 11:07 AM) *
It came with a little thing like a Michael J. Fox postage stamp printed where the stamp goes, so I especially selected an Anne Murray postage stamp in the spirit of Canadian icons.

Oh, haha! Now I see. I didn't even notice. Teach me to pay more attention to the stamps. tongue.gif
ginger_kitty
Thanks, kittenb, I got your card yesterday. I like the proverb.
roseviolet
KittenB, thanks for the postie!

I also got postcards from two other people this summer, but I forgot to mention them in here. The problem is that now I've tacked them up to my cork board and I can't remember which they were! Agh! So whoever you are, thanks! smile.gif
MaybeSparrow
Cards should be one their way! Sorry it took so so long, but I hope you enjoy them. I have also got lots of cards, but like many of you can't remember exactly when. But I LOVE them ALL!
ginger_kitty
Thanks maybesparrow!! BTW, I really like Gauguin.
roseviolet
Thank you, Maybe Sparrow!

I sent out some postcards this week. Hope you like 'em! biggrin.gif
ginger_kitty
Love the boobies postcard, Roseviolet!! I think I am going to the website to buy a t-shirt. smile.gif
erinjane
I'm wondering if all the postcards actually arrive at their destinations. I always send to everyone but I have my doubts they all arrive. This time round I received 5.
bunnyb
Thanks for the card, maybesparrow!
dusty
I definitely got yours, Erinjane! Thanks!

And Maybesparrows! Yay!

And RV's! One of my neighbours was grumbling that all he would have in his mailbox was bills, then I got into the elevator with him and said, "I got a postcard!" and then, "A cheeky one!"
mermaidgirl13
I sent cards to everyone but only a few people posted that they received theirs.

I got one from:

ginger kitty
bunny
Jem
Kitten B
Maybe Sparrow
Erin Jane
Rose V
bunnyb
did I acknowledge receipt of yours, mermaidgirl? apologies if I didn't!

Should we perhaps start thinking of a winter list that may or may not include holiday cards/posties?

rose, I promise to send your card to the correct address this time!
kittenb
QUOTE(erinjane @ Oct 14 2007, 06:13 PM) *
I'm wondering if all the postcards actually arrive at their destinations. I always send to everyone but I have my doubts they all arrive. This time round I received 5.

Well I have to be honest that I don't always remember to post a thank you in this thread when I get a card. I also have to admit that I never sent cards to the overseas Busties. To be really honest, I think that also includes the Canadians on the list. That counts as overseas, right? wink.gif

Sorry.

I'll get on to buying some Christmas and Holiday cards.
mermaidgirl13
I don't always post a thank you either... I was just trying to figure out how to figure out if all our cards are arriving...

Holiday list would be fun!
dusty
That's weird...I thought I sent posties to everyone on the list except for three Busties, none of whom is mermaid.
roseviolet
Bunny, I was also thinking we should refresh the list for the winter holidays. I think there are a few people out there who might like to join the list, so this would be a good time to add them. So let's just make it offical, mkay?

If anyone wants to join the postie list, just drop me a line at postielist at bust dot com! I'm about to go out of town, so I won't be able to send out a fresh list until, oh, November 9th or 10th. That should give all the newbies a chance to sign up. Spread the word! smile.gif
bunnyb
rose, did anyone respond?

Do you think we could get this up and running before the beginning of next week? the cut off date for international post here is December 10th, which is a week on Monday.
jami
hay. just wondering. do you email people to say you got their email? wondering if my email got thru or lost in cyber space.
kittenb
Hello all.
I need to apologize. I am not going to get any cards out. My money is gone. In fact, I think I should be taken off the list b/c until I get caught up on vet bills, I will be pretty tight.
But I have loved being on the postie list and I'll sign back up ASAP.
Happy Holidays!
mermaidgirl13
Is it okay to send something to the postie list when an exchange isn't officially going on? I have this cool thing I photocopied from a magazine that I thought would be interesting to send around. It's just a list of facts/stats that, in its arrangement, tells an interesting story.
dusty
Oh, I think its always ok to send out posties!

Did I miss getting on a list? Was there a new one in November or December?
jami
I don't know. I sent a request to be added back in October. no news yet...
erinjane
As far as I know we didn't end up doing one for November or December. Maybe set up another one for February or so?
bunnyb
rose? are we doing another round soon?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.