Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Postie List - the Bust postcard exchange
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
erinjane
Got yours today, gingerkitty. Haha, so cute, I laughed.
roseviolet
Big BIG love to Dusty and gingerkitty for the fab postcards! Dusty, yours is just gorgeous. Love the calla lillies! And Ginger, I am a FREAK for Sanrio, so I appreciate how hard it can be to let go of a Hello Kitty postcard. It has a haiku & everything!
Field of cold colors
Just one shade will match my dress -
I choose strawberry!
So cute! Thanks so much to both of you!

I found a stack of posties that I've written out & everything, but forgot to mail! Oops! Guess I got too distracted with the moving and unpacking and such. Gotta fix that!
dusty
Thanks, Erinjane!

Glad you liked it Rose, I didn't have time to send the one I wanted because I was organizing and cleaning house like crazy.
kittenb
Thanks erinjane!
ginger_kitty
Yay, I am so glad everybody's finally getting my cards!!! I searched everywhere for cute cards!
kittenb
And I know I forgot to thank dusty and mermaidgirl and possible ginger_kitty as well. I'm sorry...
pixiedust
I finally found some cute cards last night! I will try to get them addressed and off this weekend.
ginger_kitty
Thanks, kittenb, I got yours today. I love turtles!!
erinjane
I think I forgot to thank some people too, i'll have to go back and look at who's I got. I put them on this one blank wall I have so maybe I'll get around to taking a picture soon.
mornington
Thank you ginger kitty - mine arrived this morning!
roseviolet
Many thanks to Mermaidgirl for the postie!! Totally brightened my day, sweets :-)
pixiedust
ok..I'm a schmoe. I addressed a bunch of posties last week but I haven't made it to the Post Office to get Stamps....and I live right behind the Post Office!
erinjane
Another thank you to Mermaid girl, cute card! I was having a bad day yesterday so it was a day brightener for me too to get some mail.
zillahgirl
Mine go out THIS WEEK.

I lost my list wherein I marked who'd gotten one, so there might be doubles.
ginger_kitty
Thanks dusty, I just got yours. It was very pretty!
raisingirl
Bump! Yeah, I'm not going to be sending out my postcards this time around due to money problems. I will, however, make up for it by sending them out in the fall or whenever RV does the next list. I've loved getting everyone's cards; it's been a real hoot! Is that what the young kids are saying today?
kittenb
I just realized that I never sent any postcards to UK or Canada. I suck. I'm sorry.
bunnyb
tsk tsk kitty! So, it's only taken me 4 months but I wrote a few cards out this evening!
indiechick
how exactly does this work? in case i join, am i supposed to send a card to everyone on the list? i am just calculating how much i would have to spend on postage (since i am in europe and most of you are in the us). darn, i just love getting postcards!
mermaidgirl13
Indie, you are supposed to send to everyone on the list, although I only got around to sending to about 70% the last time around.
dusty
I don't think its etched in stone that you have send to everyone. I do once in a while, but I try to make sure that at least everyone who sends me a postie gets one back. Or should I be posting this in Confessions?

I think the postie list is supposed to be fun, not make you feel bad.
kittenb
I only feel guilty in like that random way of having too muck vodka or something. Not in a "I hate myself and deserve to die" kind of way. I love sending them to everyone, I just keep forgetting to. You know what I mean?
bunnyb
One should flay oneself if one drinks too much vodka and/or forgets to write posties to wonderful UK and Candadian posties. One should also suffer a lifetime of guilt wink.gif .

I have a gnawing sense of "oops, something else I didn't get around to today". Besides, receiving post is nice and I feel bad for always forgetting. Anyway, I managed a handful today.
indiechick
i guess if this is how it works (you don't write to all the people on the list and then feel guilty afterwards wink.gif ) i wanna be on the list, too. whom do i email with my contact information?
roseviolet
Indie, just write an email to postielist[at]bust[dot]com. Include your address & such. I put out a new list every season or so.

I'm thinking that the next list should come out in a month or so. I figure that way anybody who is planning on moving for school or whatever should have time to settle. Does that sound like a good plan to everybody? Or would you like it a bit sooner or what?
indiechick
Done.
battygurl
RoseV, I was all set to say sooner! sooner! (I changed my address right after the last list, so I can't get any posties right now until the new list comes out). But then I remembered my August is crazy and I won't have time to send anything until September anyway. I think it's a good idea to wait, a lot of people move in September.
bunnyb
bump. new season? I have a few that have been written for ages and not sent out. I know, I'm a bad BUSTie.
roseviolet
That's a good point, Bunny. It is a new season! Which means it's time to send out a new list. I know that a LOT of the postie-listers have moved in the last few months, too, so the list needs to be up-dated. I'll send out an e-mail today to everyone who is on the list, requesting updated addres information. I'll give additional info in that e-mail. smile.gif
bunnyb
thanks, as always you are a star smile.gif.
bunnyb
rose, I emailed you back with answer to your query.

Also, are we leaving it open to anyone who wants to get involved this round to email their details before oct 13th?
mermaidgirl13
I replied to your email with my address change.

Thanks for taking charge on this again!
ginger_kitty
Yay! I am psyched about more postcards! smile.gif

My address is the same do I need to email it?
sanshigirl
Sorry I haven't been on the boards in a while ...
I just want to say thank you guys so much for all the postcards and I am finally going to get up off my lazy butt to send out some of my own. I went and got postcard stamps today in preparation and will spend part of the weekend writing them in hopes that I get everybody even if there are a few dud addresses in the bunch.

Thanks again for posties, busties!
kittenb
Oh, hell. Am I too late? I'll PM my info just in case!
roseviolet
No, Kitten, you are not too late! I got the PM, so I'll make sure you're infor is brought up to date. smile.gif

I have decided not to work on the list until Monday. This is simply because my tummy isn't happy today. So my plan is to cuddle up on the couch with some old movies & focus on recovering.

Of course, what this really means is that today is the last day to get your info to me! My PM in-box is pretty cramped right now, so stay on the safe side & just e-mail your changes to postielist[at]bust[dot]com. Thank you all so much!
bunnyb
we don't need to email you though if our details haven't changed, is that right?
mornington
gah! rose, did you get my email?! I can't remember if I sent it? /brain-dead
roseviolet
Mornington, not to worry! You alreaedy wrote to me with your new address. smile.gif

And Bunny, you are absolutely right. If your info has not changed since the last time the list was sent, then there is no need to send anything to me.
bunnyb
good, didn't want to miss out on anything!
roseviolet
Thanks for your patience, everyone. I sent out the list this afternoon. You should have gotten a PM about it, too. That was just an experiment on my part. Did you find that helpful? Annoying? Anything?

The thing about sending the PMs is that it made me see how frequently people post here in the Lounge. We have a couple of people on the postie list who have not posted on Bust in a long time - two months or more. In fact, there are two people on the postie list who do not show up as members of the Lounge anymore (Maude77 and Lynnbomb).

Hmmmmm. Something to think about.
dusty
Thanks, Ms. RV!

I think Lynnbomb is totally still a Bustie, but I don't think anyone should feel obligated to send posties to people they've never heard of. Which I guess comes back to my argument that you shouldn't feel you have to send to everyone. I don't remember Maude at all...
mermaidgirl13
Very excited for another round of posties!
erinjane
Wow, roseviolet, that was fast! Thanks!

Mine are probably not going to be sent out until december because I want to get some good postcards this time. biggrin.gif
bunnyb
very quick rose - especially to the UK!

I've had a pile of cards for AGES so must get to it; some of you will be receiving previously written ones so they may seem a little bit out of context but the cards too good to waste!
mermaidgirl13
Has anyone sent theirs yet?
roseviolet
I just mailed the rest of my batch out yesterday, so if you haven't gotten one from me recently, it's on its way!
kelkello
I know it's late to get in this batch, but if you start up again, can I get in? I've done the mix tape swap, but I'd love to do a postcard swap. If someone wants to PM me the guidelines and addresses on the next go round, that would be faaaaaaaabulous.
ImDancingBarefoot
I would like to get in on the next go round as well, please. Would that be ok?

My email is imdancingbarefoot@gmail.com
roseviolet
Hi there, you two! Thanks for showing interest in the postie list. To join the list, just send an e-mail to postielist[at]bust[dot]com. In your e-mail, tell me your mailing address and your screen name. I usually send out an up-date once every season, so it's going to be another month or two before I can get you on the list. If you have any other questions, just post them in here. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.