Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Postie List - the Bust postcard exchange
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
raisingirl
Bump. Well, what can I say? I'm sorry to be a poop, but due to STUPID MONEY PROBLEMS, I'm not going to be able to mail any postcards for a while. I have to draw the line somewhere. I've got these extra-large postcards already in my posession (but not enough for everyone, so I'd have to buy additional ones on top of these), but with the list being the length that it is and my not wanting to leave anyone out, I'm just going to have to hold off on doing these for the time being. So that's the real reason I was putting this off. Ugh. Grr! I will probably be able to do a summer mailing.

Has everyone else been slacking for other reasons? I've only gotten Crassy's postcard. I hate promising to do things and then not following through (for the time being), but I guess I'm glad to see I'm not the only slacker here. .
crazyoldcatlady
god i freakin' suck. i have a mustachioed, hairy 80's throwback on the Florida beach just waiting to get sent out to one of you lucky ladies, and yet...

soon! i swear!
battygurl
I'm done school now (just finished a week ago), so I'm going to send mine out soon!
mornington
I've written a few... I just have to get my shit together and write the rest. Now I'm back in london I can post stuff to the US - I just have to work myself up to get down to the post office.

I'll try and get some out by the end of the week
lysistrata
I swear to God that I am going to send out once this goddamnedsonofabitchmofo work is handed in (tomorrow). Gah!
erinjane
I just finished exams so I should start sending them out by next week or so. Weeeee!
bunnyb
There is nothing like receiving mail :-), this morning was so exciting - I received cards from mornington, crassy and battygurl! V much appreciated and thank you battygurl and mornington for the bunny-themed cuteness!

I have mine bought and I promise to send them out soon - roseviolet, can we have your new address now?
mermaidgirl13
Battygurl, I got your post card!

Thanks! I love the design!
dusty
Thanks, Battygurl!
ginger_kitty
It's so great to see something besides bills in the mail :-) Thanks, battygurl!
mornington
hey hey, battygurl, I got your card too, thanks!

oh yes, rosev - I don't want to miss you out. when I get around to actually going to the post office
raisingirl
Ooh Batty, I love Anne Taintor! Very nice. Thank you. :-)

Still too broke to buy stamps. Maybe next paycheck?
battygurl
Yay! Hearing about everyone getting their posties is almost as good as finding one in the mail for myself.

Speaking of which, I got my first one in this round yesterday. Thanks crassy!
ginger_kitty
didn't check my mail yestersay, found a postcard from roseviolet, today. Yay! :-) Thank you!
pixiedust
I've gotten mine from batty, crassy, mermaid girl, and RV. I'll be buying mine on the honeymoon cruise. I get back on the 21st so hopefully I can get them out by EOM.
mermaidgirl13
I only sent out half the list so far. Hopefully will get to other half this week.
koala
I wanna play! Is it too late to sign up?
pixiedust
you have to e-mail Rose violet with your contact info....the e-mail address is probably down in the archives a page or so.
mermaidgirl13
Got mine from RV - thank you! It was very funny.
ginger_kitty
Mornington, I got your card, it's super cute!!
pixiedust
I got mornington's card too!
anoushh
I got cards from crassy, mornington, and batty. I'm a bad postie, though, with things so crazy from moving.

So, while I am so not worthy of your cards at the moment, I'd like to say thanks. And to say don't send any more right now as we are moving soon anyway.

I'll try to catch up. Really.
dusty
Woohoo! I got a postie from Mornington!
mornington
yay! I got yours today dusty - thank you!

I'm honestly surprised - they don't seem to be taking any time at all to reach you all.
bunnyb
must write mine, must write mine (and post). Life chaotic but they're bought.
dusty
You're surprised? I sent a postcard on *Friday* and it got to England on *Tuesday*? Holy shit.
crassy_mcnasty
yay! i got one from rv & mornington last week! it's so fun to get unexpected mail!
citrussss
havnt done a postie exchange in a looong time. can i get in on the next round
crazyoldcatlady
i only sent out 4, but i got some "new" postcards to send out, and now can't remember who i sent the original 4 to :-(
roseviolet
Hey, gang! I sent out a new list today! Our beloved Dusty convinced me that a little postcard lovin' might make me feel more at home in our new place, so I finally got off my ass & sent it out! If you're on the list but didn't get the latest e-mail, just say so and I'll fix the problem :-)

For any of you out there who are interested in the postie list, read the very first post in this thread. And if you still have questions, then ask away! Thanks!
battygurl
I just thought I'd let you all know that my address is changing, so you can't send to me right now. If you really wanna, send me a pm and I'll give you the new one. (Sorry I didn't let rv in time to get it on the new list.)

Also, I'm late in saying so, but thanks to mornington (love the dino) and dusty (let them stay!) for their posties!
jemisoutrageous
You ladies rock! LOVE the posties! Love 'em!!!
"I drank my 40 BEFORE I left the house, cause I'm a lady!"---Crassy
mornington
Hey everyone - I'm just about to start my end-of-year exams, so I'm a teensy weensy bit preoccupied... can I beg excuses for not sending anything out this new round?
erinjane
Batty, I just send all mine on wednesday, so will it get to you before you move?
anoushh
Don't send me any. I won't be able to reciprocate for a while (and I've been bad anyway) and we'll have a new address in a couple of days!

Thanks again for all the cool cards people have sent in the past.
battygurl
It might, erinjane. If not, it's not a huge deal, cuz I'm moving just a few blocks from my current place, so my landlords will save my mail for me.
raisingirl
I haven't forgotten about sending out my postcards! I've really enjoyed getting everyone's postcards and look forward to reciprocating the favor in the very near future. Mwah!
ginger_kitty
Thanks erinjane, I got yours today. I bought mine online and am waiting for them to come. Hopefully I'll be sending them out next week.
crazyoldcatlady
(my address changed, so i won't get the 'cards, but i'll get back in next round :-( i suck.)
battygurl
I did get yours, erinjane, thanks. I liked it!
treehugger
Hi,

I'm interested in joining the list. How many are on it at the time?

And how do you send mail from america to overseas? Will an american stamp work or is it different?
kittenb
treehugger, PM your info to roseviolet and she will get you on the list. Yes we do ship overseas, rv has the price info on the stamps.

I want to apologize to everyone who has sent me beautiful postcards. I have some great cards to send out, but basically, I suck and have not. This weekend! I promise you!!!
bunnyb
I'm the same as kittenb, cards bought and sitting in a pile but life still hectic.

Thanks to erinjane, I received your card today!
dusty
My apartment is awash with postcards...I would have to be on the postie list for the rest of my life to send them all. I buy them all the time with the thought of sending them...
erinjane
Yay, I'm glad my cards made it out finally. It was like this weight on my shoulders..."I'll do it next weekend, I'll do it tomorrow..." I had to barter with an old chinese lady to get a good price because I was buying so many cards at once. :P
ginger_kitty
Time and money, were really holding me back. It's a huge relief, I finally mailed my postcards today.
pixiedust
I got mine ErinJane! I really do think i can manage to buy mine this weekend and get them sent this week...maybe
mornington
I got mine too! Thank you Erinjane!
It came yesterday in the post; my flatmates wanted to know who the f**k mornington was.
koala
YAY!! First postcard from the postie list. It's too cute gingerkitty!
bunnyb
Thanks gingerkitty - I love hellokitty!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.