Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Tread Softly Because You Tread Upon My Dream[Shoes]s": The Footwear Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
auralpoison
I am liking the current over the knee trend, but find them unflattering on myself. The one place I did find a pair I liked that would work for me were sold out in less than twenty-four hours. ;( Sads. I do like the boots from Asos that you picked, though!
lananans
Shiny - I love the over the knee trend, but I tend to shy away from them because I have enough trouble as it is finding boots that go up to my knees that will zip/go over my calves. But I can drool over them, and I do like those boots!
shinyx3
i think the reason i love them so much is because i have chicken legs and they hide that. hehe. i have a hard time finding knee boots that dont gap at the calf and otk boots come up and cover the the visible gap. plus i am a tall girl and have vay vay long legs so they work well for me.
auralpoison
I recently bought three pairs of these. Nothing fancy, but comfortable & classic. I never thought I'd like a pair of "nude" shoes, but these somehow really work for me. From jeans & a top to a cute dress. I dig 'em the most.

Lananans, doll, do you think these over the knee boots might work for you? Evans being a Brit plus store has a really good record on boots that fit full calves. I'm going to order a pair, I'll let you know how they work out for me. They're $160 American, which isn't too bad.
lananans
ap - those look great! Let me know how they fit, maybe I'll end up ordering a pair as well. 160 actually isn't bad for a pair of boots like that.

I'm starting an internship in January at a newspaper. I think I need more high heels. But sensible heels maybe something like these from Payless. I've had pretty good luck with them before, and I'm pretty broke right now.
auralpoison
Another pair of big girl over the knee boots, again from a UK retailer. ON SALE! And they are veg friendly as they are of faux leather/suede materials!
auralpoison
Jeffrey Campbell has gone quite hair metal this season. The Rally Studded Heel, Tick Studded Wedge Boot, & the Arrow Crystal Stiletto. I really dig the wedges, I do not know why.
lananans
Gorgeous boots AP... I can dream for now because I am dead broke, still. I tend to lean towards wedges as well, i think because they seem sturdier and I think I might be able to wear them more.
nickclick
a gift card to DSW afforded me these ankle boots today! faux leather but super soft.
auralpoison
Curse my big feet! And my thick legs!
zoya
oh man, those boots are to DIE for!! I love love love thigh high boots!!! (unfortunately I have nowhere to wear them....)

auralpoison
If I still had the legs for them, I'd be wearing them to the post office, the grocery, the dentist, etc.
auralpoison
I DIE! I so need a pair of these. They are probably as uncomfortable as hell, but I simply adore them.
auntagonist
squee! just got these in the mail and i am in love! ::swoon::
auralpoison
Those. Are. Fucking. SIIIIICK! SHOE ENVY!
sassygrrl
Any thoughts about cool wedding shoes? I can't wear heels, so it would have to be something else. I'm wearing a tea-length dress, so people will still be able to see my legs, and I just don't want ballet flats.

auralpoison
Have you tried Fluevogs? These are as cute as a bug's ear & since they are JF's extremely comfortable.
dayglowpink
I just ordered three pairs of boots on sale on Nine West's website. I am a terrible person! I am planning to return at least one of them.
auralpoison
You are not a terrible person. Shoes are closer to godliness than cleanliness is. Shoes are nirvana!

And I am an enabler of the well shod.

I bought the JC ticks (On sale natch!) with the studs & the purple Irregular Choice heels. I luff them!
auralpoison
Today I got an email previewing the latest editions of Fluevogs for spring. There are some great new Bellvues & some new Operettas in pretty pastels. They aren't onsite yet, but I'ma keep checking.

I wanted a pair of these studded Jeffrey Campbell boots, but the silver sold out mad fast. I got my shoe elves/minions/legbreakers working on it.

auralpoison
These are mad! I really dig the pair I have, I'd like to get those freaky ones & the black pony ones, too.

These are a pretty close match to a pair of Chanel clogs for spring.
lananans
All of those shoes are to die for, ap! I don't know what it is about Jeffrey Campbell, but he always gets it. I do want clogs for spring too... never thought I'd be looking to buy clogs!
auralpoison
I covet.

Well, I picked up a pair of good old fashioned Danskos a few months back & I quite like them for running around town, but for spring I think I'd really like these Jeffrey Campbell Stampedes. But until I see how far they wrap up, I dunno. My one ankle never healed properly, so wraparound straps can accentuate the wonk.

Diane Von Furstenberg clogs.

The thing that bugs me about JC is that they do have deals with certain retailers so that only they get certain shoes. Like, Free People usually get at least one pair of shoes per season that only they retail & they usually sell out very quickly. C'est le poop.

I tend to write companies directly if I think something is bogus or I want a real answer to a question (And because retailers are at their mercy & generally know nothing!) & the JC people are fantastic. I have been hunting high & low for this pair of boots & all retailers could tell me was that they were out of stock/backordering more. I wrote the JC people a wacky email (People like wacky emails. And they tend to remember you when you write them again!) & Ty McBride wrote me back actually giving me legit help. Awesome!
lananans
Speaking of Jeffrey Campbell shoes and how certain retailers only get certain shoes. Need Supply Co. has these!

I think I'd want them with black. They'd go with more of my wardrobe... which is a lot of black.

Oh how I can't wait until I'm employed and can buy fancy shoes.
auralpoison
Hee! Lananans, you linked to this page!
lananans
Ha, oops!!

I meant these!
auralpoison
QUOTE(lananans @ Feb 21 2010, 11:18 AM) *
I think I'd want them with black. They'd go with more of my wardrobe... which is a lot of black.

To tell you the truth, I'm trying to buy more things in colours. I can wear every colour o' the rainbow, so I feel like I should before I'm too old & I feel silly. I've been only allowing myself one black thing per several colourful things.
lananans
That's a good idea. I've been trying too... sometimes when I go out shopping I find myself instinctively reaching for black items, but sometimes I force myself to get the same thing but in a colour... even though it's hard... It's true, eventually I'll feel too old for colour I suppose. For shoes though I think I'll stick to black...
auralpoison
Well, I guess I've just been feeling like looking more "put together", y'know? This place is so depressing; everybody here looks like they just got out of bed or they are on their way to the fucking Quacker Factory hoedown.

Shoes are the quickest way to update an outfit. I might pick a few crazy pairs, but I feel like if I buy a good classic pair in a wild colour or pattern or whatever, I can add some instant drama. I've bought a few pairs of inexpensive, classic suede pumps in electric blue, nude, & grey, a couple pairs of boots in red or purple, etc. They're fun & they make me feel good!

That being said, black Dolce Vita Manny Platforms.
lananans
Shoes like these could make me change my mind. I love a good wedge, and purple is my favourite colour.

Or maybe a little leopard print

or

Cute red shoes

Maybe a pop of colour on my feet would compliment my black outfits nicely!
lananans
PS -- love those platforms!
auralpoison
Um, not only are the Melissa shoes eco-conscious, they are fruity smelling. I have a pair of red oxfords that smell like fruit punch, seriously. BUT. Um, they makes your feets sweaty. Like, really SWEATY.

I am too lame for stilettos. I love the look, but I'd fuck myself up in a trice.

I found a great deal on the JC clogs, so I'ma forgo the DV's for now.
auralpoison
I've seen these boots a million times, but was never sure who designed them. Behold: the Fiorentini & Baker Eternity Boot 7040. But they are rather dear at $545. I may settle for the Steve Madden knock off version that are on sale for $99.95.

I did some snooping & found a promo code for Steve Madden that gets you not only FREE shipping, but also 15% off of your order: myshoes15.

Biviel wedge clogs.
dayglowpink
Oh yeah, I got these recently. I wear them without the cuff, cause it looked terrible with it. They come up to my knee. I think they are over the knee for most people, but I have really long legs. I love them! They're my first pair of Frye's. Major investment, but everyone says it's worth it.
auralpoison
Those are tres gorgeous! And you can never go wrong with a good, solid classic pair of Frye boots. They'll last you forever & never go out of style. You're gonna get out every dime you put in & then some!
auralpoison
I do not know why, but I am enchanted by these N.Y.L.A. Besnoe Pumps in gold. I think I saw La Lohan wearing a pair of these in the bone colour on dlisted or something, so I think I might be slipping mentally!
lananans
You're not slipping - those are some hot shoes!
auralpoison
If you liked the Fluevog Ida Clark's, but find them too dear, Sears is selling the Bordello Flora boots in b&w or b&r. Not exactly the same, but similar & a pretty good bargain!
auralpoison
Spring is in the air!

Miz Mooz is offering up some cute spring clogs/sandals: the Renee Sandal, the Howl Sandal Clog, the Remi Platform Sandal, the Resto Sandal, & the Hazel Sandal. I'm loving the Resto in the granny smith green!
auralpoison
Lananans, those purple Melissa wedges are on sale for $84!

Funny, I always thought light-up lucite heels were for strippers only. Jimmy Choo has proved me wrong. And for only $2495! How many lap dances do you suppose that is?

New Irregular Choice for spring! My top three picks:

Insane Chica platforms
Alice In Wonderland-y Kim Oh No pumps
Gorgeous printed raffia Oz pumps
auralpoison
I have a pair of black corset back pumps (YSL, I think) that were the shoes to covet many moons ago, but somehow I find the shape of these Report pumps really interesting.
Persiflager
I don't understand the toes!
auralpoison
I don't understand the tights with the open toes, but I'm weird like that. What aren't you getting?
Persiflager
Do they have special bits for poking? I'm looking at the fourth picture.

Poke-y toes could be very useful. Ooh, or bottle-openers!
auralpoison
I see the hose toes sticking out the peep & the heel of the other shoe underneath . . .
Persiflager
Ohhhhhhh, peep toes! It's all clear now!

I have achieved shoe enlightenment smile.gif
enfermera
that's one step closer to shoe nirvana, right?

wink.gif
Persiflager
Yes, but much cheaper. laugh.gif
auralpoison
Namaste. happy.gif

I do not know why, but I love pumps with ribbons. As soon as I get a pair I'm off to the notions dept to buy different ribbon with which to lace them up.
auralpoison
More bows! Truffle heel!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.