Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's Crafty...the Revenge
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
princess evangeline
tart - have you ever made the scented milk bath? i was thinking to try it out for some inexpensive holiday gifts this year...... supposed to be just powdered milk and scented oil, though it seems to me the scented oil would gunk up the powdered milk a bit...... maybe there is a special way to mix it all about to avoid gunking..... got to remember where i saw the recipe...... was thinking to get some of those mason jar shorties that come out round the holidays that have the decorated lids, and put the milk bath mixture in those with a ribbon tied around......
still thinking on it tho.... when i find the recipe i'll post it here in case anyone likes milk bath......
princess evangeline
i've decided to try my hand at making gift baskets, using the body products i make at home and usually give away. i've sorted through recipes and come up with the following

1. a bath salt scented with either vanilla or rum extract, or both just for kicks

2. a sugar based body scrub scented with vanilla or almond extract, or both

3. a salt based body scrub, scent undecided

4. a milk bath (i have made 3 scent batches so far), scented patchouli-amber, also kind of heavy musky floraly one and one is heavy and sweet and reminds me of the fall season and holiday cooking.

i chose these 4 things because they are easy to make, all have a shelf life of 6 monthes plus, and all can be packaged and stored in the same type container. right now i am using these wonderful new mason jars i found that are very short and squat and kind of a rounded sqare shape with a platinum finsh lid. to me, they just screamed PERFECT! simple but somehow elegent, for a mason jar anyway, and the platinum finished lid just topped it off. pretty enough to set out on a vanity, but simple enough not to clash or be garish. plus they can be reused for a tons of different things.
i tested out the patchouli-amber milk bath on my 5 year old daughter last night. the scent was wonderful and filled the house with yummy goodness, subsided after a bit but was still lingering enough that i think it didn't disapate too much in the water. i was worried that i would need to make the "1 use serving size" larger so the effect of the scent would last, but i think the size i have now is ok. i alos thimk the same size for all 4 products will do well. i might still make the milk bath ot the bath salt a bit larger size than the 2 body scrubs, but for now i think what i have will do. i also chose the body scrubs because women i have talked to who heard i make body stuff at home, have expressed an interest in an exfoliant.
i make a bunch of other stuff too like handmade soaps and lip balms and stuff, but these 4 things i thought would make an impressive basket and kind of fit a theme.
i handed out a sample to this woman who just started her own staffing business and she was way excited and said they are always looking for gifts and baskets for clients etc and since she has so many connections, i figure she'd be a good one start with. she wants my "card", so i guess i need to make some of those too. i also gave a sampole to an HR rep for a big company here, she's well connected too and maybe word of mouth will be on my side for once........
i figure now is a great time to try this, since i just lost my job on Friday (they didn't need me anymore....) and i could use any extra money i can get......
so...... if any of you wonderful BUSTY's have any ideas about how i could improve upon my new idea, let me know.......
i'm aiming for the "clean and simple" look and thought about using those wicker baskets that come with a plain cloth liner, anyone know what i'm talking about?
but anyway, any tips or hints or advice would be great. i've thought about going online with it, but i'm not sure how and with no job i really can't afford a web site. i would love to consign some of my stuff just not sure how to get started. business isn't really my thing...... i work with numbers and i do the creative stuff, not really too familiar with people and networking stuff, you know? i even thought about renting space at the Nashville Farmers Market, they get a really big crowd of people who are into the whole handmade, natural product stuff.

anyone made any christmas stuff yet? i'm still doing the beer cap ornaments and i'm thinking of even stringing some together to drape on the tree........ got to think on that one......

Oh yeah, this is voodoo princess by the way...... i hate having to add that just so everyone knows who i am.....
stephanie_erin
QUOTE(voodoo_princess @ Aug 12 2006, 06:21 PM) *

So, I have been collecting beer caps for monthes now and have a ton of them and I'm trying to figure some cool crafty thing to do with them.
I am thinking to make something like beaded curtains, with beer caps and beads. Maybe drill or tap a hole in each cap and string it on some hemp twine or whatever along with some cool glass beads and stuff and then string them all from a dowel that I can hang over a door frame or window. Because caps are light I kind of want to find something heavier to weigh down the strands so they hang well.
Hmmmmm........ think think think........

you could try getting washers that fit in the caps,
it's probably cheap and could be found pretty much any where.
if you could email me pictures of how it turns out, i would be terribly thankful.
angelle321
I have a couple projects I wanted to try for gifts but have run into snags.

Does anyone know of good place to get those little mini iridescent glass mosaic tiles? I have this vase that I woudl love to do that to but tiles in the craft store are so expensive! And for so few of them! And the selection is kind of lacking and limited! So sad...

Also, what is the best paint to use on plain glass ball ornaments? And what sort of adhesive should go over that for glitter? I'm looking to make the kinds of ornaments you can buy in a pack in a box or sometimes just sold singly. But nothing too fancy. Simple, twinkley.
guitarfiend
Hey everyone, I'm hoping this topic is a good place to ask this question. I'm going to be in San Francisco in the New Year for a week or so (I live in the UK, have never been to the US before!!!) and was wondering if anyone could recommend me some good yarn / craftin' stores? I'm a knitter / crocheter mainly so I'd be looking for places that sell yarn & needles above everything else... but I dressmake too, so I'm interested in fabric places also... thanks everyone! xx
princess evangeline
Last night whilst finishing up some holiday shopping, I treated myself to a gift too...... a set of 4 knitting rounds that came with a knitting "hook" and plastic needle in a neato little slide zip plactic bag with handle.... got it 1/2 price for $6.00US......
Needless to say I am sitting here typing this wearing a fabulicious, fuzzy wuzzy, bluegreenorangeyellow knitty cap!!!!!!!! I got that super hairy furry yarn and it is soooooo soft and light and just wonderful.... I am so excited and it's so fast to make a hat, I just love it!
guitarfiend
QUOTE(princess evangeline @ Dec 23 2006, 02:56 PM) *

Last night whilst finishing up some holiday shopping, I treated myself to a gift too...... a set of 4 knitting rounds that came with a knitting "hook" and plastic needle in a neato little slide zip plactic bag with handle.... got it 1/2 price for $6.00US......
Needless to say I am sitting here typing this wearing a fabulicious, fuzzy wuzzy, bluegreenorangeyellow knitty cap!!!!!!!! I got that super hairy furry yarn and it is soooooo soft and light and just wonderful.... I am so excited and it's so fast to make a hat, I just love it!

Is four knitting rounds the same as a circular needle, or four double pointed needles?? (sorry if this is a dumb question...) I just got my first ever circular needle a couple of weeks ago, and am currently knitting my first ever circular sweater, using the "knitting by numbers" article from the Knitty.com website.... hope it comes out well...!
princess evangeline
QUOTE(guitarfiend @ Dec 30 2006, 02:46 PM) *

Is four knitting rounds the same as a circular needle, or four double pointed needles?? (sorry if this is a dumb question...) I just got my first ever circular needle a couple of weeks ago, and am currently knitting my first ever circular sweater, using the "knitting by numbers" article from the Knitty.com website.... hope it comes out well...!

The only "dumb" question, is the one you don't ask........ so, your question is not dumb and here is the answer...... what I refer to as "knitting rounds" are the round, knitting "looms" that are popular now for making knit woolies (hats). Mine are made of bright colored placstic and the set contained 4 different diameters (from "kid head" to "fat head", ha ha ha!) They are super easy to use and are the fastest way I have found so far to make a "knit" woolie. The "looms" are circular and open in the center and have "pegs" that stick up all the way around. You simply wrap your yarn (instructions included with the kit) around each peg and then wrap again and then take a little hook thingy (included with the kit) and draw the bottom yarn "loop" over the upper yarn "loop", work your way around the loom, wrap again and repeat. As you knit on, the knitted portion begins to hang down from the center opening of the loom. After a bit you will have what looks like a knitted windsock attached to your loom. To finish off the woolie, you use a plastic needle (also included with the kit), thread it with your yarn "tail" after cutting away from your yarn ball, and run the needle through each "loop" still attached to the loom until you have thread the woolie off the loom and onto your yarn "tail"..... you then draw the "tail" tight, like a cinch top bag, and VOILA! you now have a rockin' cool woolie! You then tie off the two end of the "tail" where they meet and I usually leave them long and hanging and knot the ends so I have cool dangles from the top of my woolie. So far I have a black woolie with a multi color "peacock" fuzzy band and marbled blue band with black and pink multi dangles that hang down from the top and I have an ultra long marbled blue with multi color "peacock" fuzzy band with marbled blue and "peacock" dangles. I figured out on my own how to "add" the different colors to make the bands (stripes) and usually when I add a band, I also leave the "tails" from the addition, hanging a bit and knotted, so I have dangles that hang randomly on my woolie. I also made an olive green woolie for my da and he loved it. I have found that the best yarns to use for woolies on a "loom" are the very very thick, or very very furry type yarns so that you don't get a "gappy" look in your knit once the woolie is worn. The thinner yarns seem to "gap" quite a bit as the knit is semi-loose.
This is the first time I have ever knitted with anything other than straight knitting needles and I really love the ease and the speed of it. I make mostly scarves, as they are my fave accessory, and I usually use larger needles and very thick or furry yarn for those too. It was a pain for me to learn to knit as I knit "German style" or left-handed. I finally found a video on the internet that showed me how my hands should look and I've been a knitting fool since then!
Good luck with your sweater, I'm sure it will turn out great!
guitarfiend
Thankyou : )

I have also just discovered knitting podcasts....!
pepper
i have a bunch of old supplies and have been meaning to make a belly rub for my pregnant self so i thought since i'm going to be making a big, greasy mess in the kitchen anyhow why not make lipbalm while i'm at it?!
an hour and a half and the help of one neighbour later and i have 10 tubes and two and a half pots of almond shimmer lip butter, mmm. i used a bit of almond extract and it's so super yum, pretty and faintly sparkly with some gold mica dust. i can't even remember what the base was, i've had it so long. shea butter, coconut butter, almond oil, beeswax, honey, probably some other oils too.
the belly oil turned out great, almond, cocoa butter, coconut oil, avocado oil and grapeseed oil with some vit e and a wee bit of grapeseed extract. it has almost no smell but rubs in super well and leaves my skin wow-soft.
and the kitchen isn't too messy either! i have some paper towels around since i'm packing and they made clean up a snap! who knew?
princess evangeline
voodoo princess here.......
i just completed 2 hooded scarves made of fleece and decorated with these ultra neato big buttons......
i made my little princess one with and Ariel (Under the Sea) print and rolled the edge around the face part and fastened it in place with a large, color coordinated button that i sewed on........
i also made myself a grey one with the edge around the face folded back and secured with a big button sewed in place and some colored safety pins...... i wish my cameraa worked cause i'd love to post pics.......
if anyone really really wants to see i could probably email a pic from my cellular.......
i really love mine and it is super super warm...... i can either wrap the scarf ends around my neck or i can leave them down and tucked into the front of my coat..... love it love it loveit!!!!!! and sooooooo easy, like 15 minutes or less!
suds
hi crafty busties!

today i got the stitch and bitch book, needles and wool! and a crochet hook! i am hoping to become a sassy knitter like all of my friends in america are. i am moving on from a horrible relationship and i thought learning a new skill will take my mind off things.

the lady at the knitting shop was really nice. i want to make a hat! i don't even know how to cast off, but i am going to bloody go for it.

xxxxx
vesicapisces
Suds! Holy crap, how long has it been since you've been on Bust? (It's JillieC, BTW - I lost my previous handle in a dingo raid.)
suds
wow, hi!! it's awesome to 'see' you again, how have you been? have you got a livejournal?

ha ha yeah i'm amazed i managed to bag 'suds' again, the dingos DID NOT eat my username!

are you a knitter? i had a look at stitch and bitch again last night and realised it's going to take about forty five years for me to ever learn to cast off and make a slip knot! sad.gif
princess evangeline
voodoo princess here.......

Hey Suds! check out this website knittinghelp.com
I had tried forever to learn to knit and even had people try to show me (I could NEVER understand it from a book) but nobody could show me "left-hand" knitting so I gave up UNTIL I found this site. Read it, watch the films (they're FREE) and it should help. I watched the films I needed about 5 times and that was it! been knitting since then.
Also, if you want to make a hat, you could try the knitting looms that I talked about earlier in this thread somewhere. They are just fun and fast and you can get really creative with them if you figure out your own techniques with them.......
PM me if you want, I can tell you all about some of my recent finds and projects......
suds
thank-you so much for the linkie, princess... that looks like such an awesome site.

i'll let you know how i get on smile.gif
hiddenpoet
thanks princess! my mom has tried to teach me to knit many times but since she's a leftie and i'm a rightie i never could grasp it before even with reading books. but with the help of this website i'll catch on fast.
princess evangeline
QUOTE(hiddenpoet @ Jan 31 2007, 01:33 PM) *

thanks princess! my mom has tried to teach me to knit many times but since she's a leftie and i'm a rightie i never could grasp it before even with reading books. but with the help of this website i'll catch on fast.

You go poet!
My new thing is using my knitting looms and instead of knitting "full" hats, I knit about 1/2 the round length needed for a hat, remove from the loom, and instead of pulling tight like I would for a hat, I leave BOTH ENDS open (about the same diameter) and make a head "wrap" instead of a hat....... these are my new favorite thing! I can pull one on and since it leaves the top / back of my head exposed I can pull my hair into a ponybob or clip or just leave it down and flowing out of the top / back of the wrap...... it covers my ears, forehead and most the top my head and are super warm and really great for anyone with super thick long hair (not that I have super thick long hair, I wish, but they still work well for me)
ALSO, I have been using the looms with 2 different yarns at a time, doubled up, and it makes for some great color combos and for a really really thick sturdy knit.
princess evangeline
I have been busy busy busy lately with all manner of crafti-ness!!!!!
I finally got my lotion making supplies and about 25 new oils (scents) and have been making up some of the most deliciously fragrant cremes for my UGLYbathworks line..... Even scored a great little wooden display box/case which I color washed RED and painted little yellow flowers down the front sides..... it even has this great handle made of a thick wooden dowel which doubles as the perfect place to display my memorey wire beaded bracelets.....
AND for the latest and greatest crafti-ness...... I have been taking beer caps, flattening them with a mallet, painting the insides, punching a hole at the top and bottom edge, affixing a small pic of sorts in the middle of the painted side, sealing the whole side in with clear silicone, connecting gypsy bells to the bottom hole with a jump ring and an ear wire to the top hole with a jump ring and VOILA!!!!!! I have the most awsome ear-fobs that nobody else has!!!!!! And everyone who's seen them has just flipped over them......
The ones I made for myself are painted various colors with border dots of a contrasting color and have a circular pic of tiny skulls sealed in with the silicone...... they are awsome!
I made some "double cap" long and "single cap" long...... I'm thinking of adding them to my ETSY store but I still have to think on it.....
Anyone else been crafty lately?
guitarfiend
QUOTE(princess evangeline @ Feb 16 2007, 12:51 AM) *

I have been busy busy busy lately with all manner of crafti-ness!!!!!

Anyone else been crafty lately?

Ooh yes me, and I am sooo pleased with myself.

I bought some cheap jersey fabric while I was in the U.S. and some cute ribbon too. I made my first pair of knickers last week! They look great - really cute and sexy and just the right fit. I made the pattern from my current favourite pair of knickers and they were so quick and easy to make up. Just two pieces, front and back, with lace around the leg holes and stretchy wider ribbon around the top. I have enough fabric to make a lot of pairs too! For the next few pairs I will put gussets in as well, which I expect to be pretty simple. So I may never need to buy again.... I was in Britex fabrics while I was over there, looking at the notions, but their bra-pads only went up to a C-Cup... otherwise I would have had a bash at making bras to go with them too....

Tonight I'm making oven mitts. Wifey just bought a house and we expect to move in hopefully in two months' time. So I have some cheap curtain fabric I bought from IKEA and old t-shirts / jumpers etc that I'll use for padding in the centre...

Has anyone on here got flickr sites where they post pictures of their craft projects?
kelkello
I've been going through a supply buying extravaganza but not really doing anything with my loot. Does anyone else do that? It's seems I like to look at my supplies with glee and then let them sit for long periods of time, unused. Poor things.
princess evangeline
wow kelkello..... i want to come to your house! we would definitely "use" all your crafty supplies! my only problem is never having enough supplies..... i go, i buy, i use and then i'm like sh*t, now what? time to get more!
pollystyrene
I'm just dropping in to brag- I finished my first sock monkey! I can't wait to take her to the Sock Monkey Festival next month!
guitarfiend
QUOTE(kelkello @ Feb 16 2007, 11:45 PM) *

I've been going through a supply buying extravaganza but not really doing anything with my loot. Does anyone else do that? It's seems I like to look at my supplies with glee and then let them sit for long periods of time, unused. Poor things.

Yeah, but you'll think of something to do with your supplies eventually! I have the terrible habit of buying exciting things (eg funky fabrics, ribbon, lace etc) and not enough of the practical things a crafty girl needs (eg. pop-shut buttons, zips, etc). And then I get annoyed because I've suddenly thought of an ace use for some of the fabric I've got, but I can't bring my idea to fruition because I haven't got the right notions. Bah!
princess evangeline
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t104/UG...ks/100_0398.jpg

Here are the earrings I have been making lately. I also make them with just single caps with silver gypsy bells on the bottom. The doubles are fun to wear but a bit long for me as I'm not used to larger earrings.....
yemaya
QUOTE(princess evangeline @ Feb 18 2007, 03:49 PM) *

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t104/UG...ks/100_0398.jpg

Here are the earrings I have been making lately. I also make them with just single caps with silver gypsy bells on the bottom. The doubles are fun to wear but a bit long for me as I'm not used to larger earrings.....

Hi. I really like your earrings. They're great.

By the way, thanks for the link you referenced on knitting earlier in this thread. I really want to learn how to knit (also crochet and sew my own clothes) but no one wants to give me the time of day and several of the books I previewed were so complicated.

Thanks.
princess evangeline
QUOTE(yemaya @ Feb 19 2007, 03:16 PM) *

By the way, thanks for the link you referenced on knitting earlier in this thread. I really want to learn how to knit (also crochet and sew my own clothes) but no one wants to give me the time of day and several of the books I previewed were so complicated.

Thanks.

Heya, thanks *yemaya*....... glad you like the earrings. I sold a pair the other day to the YMCA teacher at my childrens school. She LOVES the Grateful Dead and I made her some with the skeleton/red rose album cover pic...... she LOVED them! They were painted dark pink with black trim dots with a circular cut out pic of the skel/roses. I really liked them too so I might make myself some.
treehugger
Is anybody into making stuff with polyclay? I picked up a couple books with what looks like some fun projects that don't look (sorry) childish...and I want to try my hand.

Just another way to spend money....we're getting a blizzard this weekend and I thought it'd be fun to try my hand at crafting some stuff!
guitarfiend
QUOTE(yemaya @ Feb 19 2007, 09:16 PM) *

Thanks.

Yemaya, The Happy Hooker is great for learning to crochet. I taught myself to crochet within a couple of hours using that book! I've never used Stitch n' Bitch (Debbie Stoller's knitting book), but I'd imagine that's fairly easy to use too?

Treehugger: what are you going to make with the polyclay?

My pink and black striped jersey fabric is soon to become a top and some panties....!
tankgirl
stitch n bitch is extremely easy to learn knitting from. but, some people need an actual person to show them, depends how you learn.

i went to the local yarn store to pick up some needles and yarn to start off with and the lady there told me i needed to take a class and theres absolutely no way i can learn to cast on from a book. i told her that this book i had made knitting look easy and had detailed easy to use instructions (stich n bitch) and she pretty much shooed me away and said id be back for a class.

guess what... i learned from the book in like an hour. needless to say i go to another yarn store now (lol)

the thing with crafting is, if you can learn by yourself, by books, websites, other people whatever, however you want to learn... go for it. dont let other people tell you how you should learn.
guitarfiend
QUOTE(tankgirl @ Feb 25 2007, 12:06 AM) *

the thing with crafting is, if you can learn by yourself, by books, websites, other people whatever, however you want to learn... go for it. dont let other people tell you how you should learn.

amen!
clairebear3
Barging in...

I'm having a revelation, something which possibly everyone else already knows or has done is a mod on the rice bag.

Make them in rounds to fit your plates and they make perfect plate warmers like this...

http://www.hotideas.co.uk/images/products/micropad.jpg

yippee!!!

ducks back out...
princess evangeline
QUOTE(clairebear3 @ Feb 28 2007, 02:28 PM) *

Barging in...

I'm having a revelation, something which possibly everyone else already knows or has done is a mod on the rice bag.

Make them in rounds to fit your plates and they make perfect plate warmers like this...

http://www.hotideas.co.uk/images/products/micropad.jpg

yippee!!!

ducks back out...

What? I think I'm confused?
guitarfiend
Hey crafty ladies... a plea for help...

I bought a lovely cream cashmere sweater in a thrift store - I want to dye it a darker colour (burgundy / brown / deep red) so it'll go better with my clothes, and I want to use natural or vegetable dye. I read online that you can dye clothes using beetroot but that you need some kind of chemical compound? And I don't know anything about chemistry, because I am rubbish at science.... (I also read on knitty.com that you can dye wool using kool-aid, but I'm in the UK and we can't get kool-aid here...)

So does anybody have tips / suggestions for dyeing clothes red / brown colours using vegetable or natural dyes? I would be very grateful.

I'm also thinking that I will set up a flickr group for us to post project pics onto, if anybody's into it? x
mornington
*bump* for daisyjane
DaisyJane

Thanks mornington!! Yipeeee!

Hi crafting ladies. I was looking for this thread for awhile.

Wanted someone to share my geeky enthusiasm for all things yarn, paper, and glue. smile.gif
mornington
ooh, i just remembered... guitarfiend, there is already a flickr group for busties. "BUSTie photo phun". We don't really have many members! (guitarfiend, have you asked on craftermath.co.uk? They might know of natural dyes in the uk)

I'm an intermittent crafter. I know f.a. about it, I just tend to pootle around making a mess, and occasionally something halfway decent comes out of it.
kelkello
DaisyJane, what sort of crafts do you fiddle around with? I'm a paper, glue, photo type of girl. I also make beaded jewelry, which I should be doing now, but I'm too tired.
pepper
gf, i'll send you all the koolaid you could ever want if you'd like. it's about 30 cents a package here. pm with an address and colour requests if you'd like to give it a go...

i'm nearly done my first afghan and it's looking great but sort of, well, wonky. it's not the yarn, it's not my stitches, i think i need to "block" it but what the heck, how exactly do you block anything that darn Large?!?!! i'll post pics when i get it finished and figure this out.
DaisyJane
Hey -

Well my mom taught me crochet when I was about 10 so Ive always made little dodads that way. I never liked the look of crochet though. So I did some cross stitch when I was around 15 on a road trip with the family. Then mom learned how to make paper out of lint and glue and stuff so I helped with that. Then we did beading for fun.
Now I knit, spin wool, and am just starting some scrapbooking project for my brother. We went to Europe together in October.

I know it sounds like I have ADD but I dip my hands in a bit of everything and then weed out what I dont like.

My poor Mr.Daisy has to deal with the 'office' having yarn everywhere (geat for two cats too) paints, buttons, you name it. Its all over the place!

kelkello
Daisy, I'm like that too! Lately I've been into the scrapbooking thing. I do things like this and this. I sometimes feel like I see paper scraps in my dreams.
MaybeSparrow
Very nice kelkello! As a fellow scrapbooker I am impressed! Once the semester is over, I plan to go at my supplies like mad!
princess evangeline
Voodoo Princess here.....
I have just discovered casting resin and I am having the best time making pendants with pics and beads and whatever else inside them..... It's so fun and super easy and I have made pendants with pics of my children and pics of my favorite river etc..... I have to get a dremel hand drill of my own for putting the holes in after the resin cures but my da has one so I use his for now.....
I'm also going to try my hand at blending my essential oils with vodka to make a perfume oil spray of sorts. I hear vodka is a good carrier for the oils to make a body spray...... we'll see!
DaisyJane
Hey Princess!
With the vodka oils thing - Im not sure on it but I think that spritzing vodka on the skin would eventually dry you out in certain areas?
I know a shitload about soaps but not sprays. I would think there would be a better carrier for the oils out there than an alcohol? But I could be completely wrong....
princess evangeline
QUOTE(DaisyJane @ May 1 2007, 07:53 PM) *
Hey Princess!
With the vodka oils thing - Im not sure on it but I think that spritzing vodka on the skin would eventually dry you out in certain areas?
I know a shitload about soaps but not sprays. I would think there would be a better carrier for the oils out there than an alcohol? But I could be completely wrong....

Hey Daisy! Voodoo here......
You know I totally wondered about that whole vodka being drying thing..... I even wondered if it would BURN? Everything I have read and all the recipes I have found say use vodka since alot of "perfumes" are alcohol based and I guess that S D Alcohol that is found in "real" perfume is not that accessible...... so they use vodka as a substitute.....Like I said tho, I do have some reservations about it..... there has to be something else that could be a good spritz...... I was thinking maybe DRY OIL?????? The essential oils should blend well with that and it sounds so much better than vodka. And it would be moisturizing, right? HHHHmmmmm? Got to think this one over........
pepper
seriously? this had almost dropped off the board, i can't believe it.

oh well...

i did a crafty swap with another mom on craftster this week, here's what i sent her

i can't wait to see what she sent me! it's amazing that i found time to do this (about 12 hrs total!)but i'm having a bit of insomnia at the moment so something mindless to do in bed while i'm Not sleeping is terrific. it was so fun!
Porn Star
QUOTE(pepper @ Sep 22 2007, 09:53 AM) *
seriously? this had almost dropped off the board, i can't believe it.

oh well...

i did a crafty swap with another mom on craftster this week, here's what i sent her

i can't wait to see what she sent me! it's amazing that i found time to do this (about 12 hrs total!)but i'm having a bit of insomnia at the moment so something mindless to do in bed while i'm Not sleeping is terrific. it was so fun!

What did she sent you. I'm curious too. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
pepper
she sent me awesome loot!
bunnyb
pepper, do you regularly make the baby clothes? if so, could I commission you? I LOVE the ones you have below, especially the giraffe.
pepper
i love that giraffe, so cute! i do a lot of crafts, little really likes it. but getting things done "on time" is really hard, my life is a bit unpredictable lately with unpacking, new school and new baby... what did you have in mind? oh, and i didn't make the clothes, just embellished them. i could send you patches if you have stitching ability to apply them. i like patches 'cause then you can take them off and put them on something else once wee babe outgrows stuff.

there's a swap going on right now on craftster
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=200818.0

do you do any kind of crafts at all? there were so many different crafts last time, the gallery is here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195782.0

there were some AWESOME onseies, oh my goodness. sign in and take a look, the ruffle butt one is my outright fave!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.