Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
doodlebug
I keep blaming myself for not being "good enough" (smart enough, organized enough, skilled enough, competent enough) to manage the workload after the funding/staffing cuts.

I feel like I'm in way over my head, regarding the work I have to finish up before I can move on.

I can't help but wonder if it would have been better for the organization if I'd left years ago.
freckleface2727
even though I am a Mama myself, I really have issues w people w/ small ankle-biter children, ESP when in situations that are adult and have childcare provided for them but chose not to use it.

I confess that I am positive that when my girlchild was ankle-biting small, she was never small and annoying but just cute & charming. (bc she knew how to behave out in public.)
erinjane
Confession:
I have zero sex drive lately, but I can't stop fantasizing about making out with my ex-boyfriend. And I have no desire to see any of my friends, but sometimes when I feel really crappy at night I think about just being held or hugging him.

Confession 2:
I have been eating waaaaaaay too much junk food this week...but I don't care.
anna k
I confess that despite any professional achievements I may have, I feel like a failure because I don't have a boyfriend/husband.

Ain't that the dumps, faith. I'm successful professionally but don't have a boyfriend, and can feel like a lonely loser when I want affection and comfort with somebody.

erinjane, I don't have a sex drive for any guys in my life, but my legs still shake when I think of my old crush.
ImDancingBarefoot
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Nov 10 2006, 03:19 PM) *

after months upon months of bashing MySpace, and vowing never, EVER to join...

... i joined. and it. is. FASCINATING.

lol I love it. I didn't wait months and months, had a few friends on it, joined, no idea what to do with it, it's lame, etc. I've been on it for . . . maybe two years now and I have become completely hooked. Completely. I obsess on my myspace profile, it's really pathetic. I blame it on the fact that there are so many people I know on it, but part of the reason there are so many people I know on it is because I have become that huge nerd who meets people and goes "Are you on myspace"? It's so sad.

Although, because I must redeem this somehow, I got back in touch with an old buddy from theatre days in my first years of college. A boy I'd had a bit of a crush on. We hung out and I think we may be hanging out when he returns from his trip abroad. Hanging out in the GOOD way. ~grins~

By the way, there is a myspace thread in Media Whores. And . . . if you are looking for a bustie friend come find me!
treehugger
Well, this doesn't feel like an "ordinary" confession to me; it is a great big canker sore on my butt type of confession.

Confession: I wish my mother would die. I don't dislike her; I'm not angry with her. I love her. But she has Alzheimers and my brother has just proclaimed that she's no longer well enough to travel and all three of us kids live out of the state and the holidays are coming up and out of a sense of obligation I am driving there. For both thanksgiving AND christmas.

I really, really need some down time during the holidays. And I can't fly mom here. I'm gonna be driving two days to spend one day there. And I feel so bad because she owes some big money to HUD and if she moves out of the house she has to pay it back and...it's just a mess. Anyway, we're looking into assisted living. But there'll be penalties if she can't stay in the house, I think it's another year. But in the meantime my car's getting old and I'm not sure I want to take it on any long trips anymore but I feel like I have to otherwise Mom's going to spend Christmas alone...

Mom shouldn't have to spend her last days like this. Alzheimers messing with her mind; macular degeneration making her go blind, and a slow growing brain tumor making her deaf.

I just wish it were all over.
sybarite
FWIW, treehugger, culturehandy, don't beat yourselves up. You're just taking on board the whole, complex picture of people you love, and there's always contradictions if people/relationships are complicated.

(hoping that made sense)

I confess to googling my most recent ex. He has a ponytail and a girlfriend. I feel relief on both counts.

That'll teach me to go googling instad of working!
culturehandy
I think bratty children are parasites. I have no problem with well behaved kids, just those screaming bratty ones!

I think that mini vans are evil. In my experience, mini van drivers are some of the worst drivers on the planet. They don't stop at stop signs (oh what if was your child who was crossing the road and someone ran a stop sign, like you all do, and hit your kid) don't use turn signals when changing lanes, cut people off and invent their own speed limit. Therefore, all minivans need to be blown up ala Mythbusters
freckleface2727
DAMN culturehandy!!

I used to want a vaporizer button to zap the minivans and suv's, but Your Way is Way- Much- Cooler!
that was so cool I think I will watch it again- wonder if I can watch it in slow-mo just for the sick thrill of it?

I confess that I think I am nearly ready for a larger vehical, bc we have the girlchild and the large dogson and the small girlcat in her carrier that we often travel with and it's getting more & more crowded in my almost 11 yr old sedan that has a gazillion miles on her and her radio doesn't work anymore even,
but I want a hybrid, or something eco-friendly and still not anything humongously big.
I really believe that the bigger the vehical, the larger the sense of entitlement to the road and the decrease in common courtesy to other drivers.

I confess to feeling guilty at even thinking about another car, bc the Goddessmobile has been so good to me and still rocks the asphalt and I love her ever so much.
chachaheels
I must confess to feeling a lot less tolerant lately. Less inclined to empathise. Maybe too ready to call bullshit on whatever so badly needs it.

Examples: Bratty children, SUVs and Minivans as concepts, transparent motives as a half hearted attempt to disguise outright ill will.\
Bullshit on it all.
culturehandy
I am a bitch. There it is out! If I don't like you, I'll we be the super bitch! And you know what I love it!
chachaheels
Oh culturehandy, we're all bitches, and we all love it!

This is hardly a confession, but if I like you, I can make the world a very comfortable, gorgeously happy, and deliriously engaging place. If I don't, I can make you sorry you were ever conceived and I will make you hate living your life.

I confess that when it comes to some people I have to deal with, I don't know which activity I like better.

Also, this:

I confess to googling my most recent ex. He has a ponytail and a girlfriend. I feel relief on both counts.

hee hee!
mornington
confession: I couldn't get away from the pram-wean on the packed bus, because he clearly wanted to interact with someone and his mother/sister/babysitter/au pair was too busy trying to keep his brother under control. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with small kids.

confession: I miss my mama.
freckleface2727
I confess that I am seriously considering a small compact suv for my next vehicle.
I- the self-proclaimed ANTICHRIST of them, the name caller, sneer-er of, wanna throw rocks and Vaporise them or at least get to see them explode violently over and over again.

I feel
such
shame. sad.gif
culturehandy
I have developed romantic feelings for a coworker, I have been hurt, because I know he doesn't like me. yet I continue to fuck him. I can't deal with this!

I feel lost in life.

I love to brush my teeth.

One of my coworkers and I started to chat at work today, and th covnersation was deep. I started to cry, the conversation was intense. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all about it, I could tell him anything. As a friend, him and I work, it is really nice.
missladyj
I confess I am sick of hearing stupid stories about other peoples "precocious" children.

I don't care about your children.

I also don't care that this makes people think I am an awful person

wombat
I confess I love to watch silly ass bitches fail in their "show biz" careers again and again.

They keep claiming they are the biggest bad-asses in the world and they are IRRESISTIBLE and they control *everybody*, but when they do something stupid whilst trying to rip someone off, or are shown to be wrong, or are seen in public crawling off to their nineteenth nervous breakdown, all of a sudden someone ELSE is to blame!

RE: Pam Anderson

Courtney Love. Who is WHERE exactly? Doing WHAT?

Priceless. Better than the finest champagne.

Hoist on her own petard.
anna k
I confess I am sick of hearing stupid stories about other peoples "precocious" children.

I don't care about your children.

Especially if the kid is an extension of their ego or smugness, and they still want to party like they're 22 and have a cute kid with a cute name. Having a husband and a kid soon after/before seems like a package deal, like just buying into more consumerism.
wombat
I confess I actually like Courtney for her intelligence and humor and feistiness, but, unfortunately she chose evil and doesn't want to change, and that is disappointing.
free_spirit
i finally posted in a public forum about a real issue in my real life that is really affecting me.

where did that come from? and why could i never do it before?

i feel so naked and vulnerable.

yet at the same time i feel relief...

damn this goes in the "i did it thread", but i am too lazy to put it there...

pollystyrene
I've never watched that show 7th Heaven; I've always dismissed it as sappy, Christian propaganda (I could be wrong- it's just my impression of the show). But I saw a commercial for an upcoming episode and the father is told he's terminally ill and only has a year to live. I got really choked up and sad that he, this TV character on a show I've never watched, is sick and going to die.

Must be a hormonal thing rolleyes.gif

Actually, I've seen the actor who plays the father on other shows, like being interviewed, and he's not at all like his character. Sorta like how Bob Saget does pretty raunchy stand-up, not at all the sappy guy he was on Full House.
wombat
Oh, no, I think you have 7th heaven pegged, pollystyrene. It's too awful to even be put in the "so bad it's good" category. (Like the first couple seasons of 90210, which me and my boyfriend would watch, SCREAMING with laughter).

Cheesy, conservative Christianity with the most annoying characters on the planet. Especially that girl with her squinty eyes too close together who is constantly whining.

OOOHHHH!!!!!
freckleface2727
I have to defend 7th heaven.
frecklette and I watch it and it's darn good Family Tv. compared to the OC and all the other mindless sex-focused crap they shovel at our kids today, it's got a good, (sometimes unrealistic) family core to it that doesn't always get along but does always love one another. that's not nothing in the world we live in today.

that said, I am a Mom and do not apolgise for my views and support anyone else's to feel as they do.
freck & I only started watching last year in it's 10(?)th season bc we too thought it looked cheesey.
Lucy is the character you are talking about wombat and we agree, she IS squinty & whiny & wish she wouldn't be so focused on bc she's annoying as hell most of the time. (incidentally, Hillary Duff's older sister Halley plays a supporting character on there too, always wearing too much over-shiney peach lip gloss.)

I confess to being totally mindless and unfocused and unmotivated today and what's worse not being at all concerned to change when I have lots to do yet.
wombat
Yeah, I realize how little good children's/family TV is out there.

About five years ago, a friend of a friend had a baby, and I suggested Teletubbies, and she reacted with huffs of snobby horror that they were plastic things that talked baby talk but, -- you know what?

It's one of the few kid's shows that doesn't involve lots of merchandising and/or violence and/or stereotyping. They deal with each other in an easy-going way.

(and my mom was against plastic and baby-talk too, thanksverymuch)

I bet she regrets not giving it a try -- her kid turned out to be an aggressive monster!
anna k
Stephen Collins, who played the dad on Seventh Heaven, has been in a lot of TV movies, plenty where he plays a cheating husband or an asshole.

John Stamos from Full House tried the same thing, playing pimps and rapists in TV movies, but I hear his voice and think Uncle Jesse.
girlbomb
I'm going to Disney World tomorrow, unless I die of joy first.

More of a brag than a confession, I realize, but it had to be said SOMEHOW.
emtee
I confess...I hooked up with my roommate's coworker because I knew it would piss her off.
I also confess...that I called him by the wrong name. Twice.
ratgrl
Confession: I hate, hate, HATE the holiday season! As a child, I loved Christmas (because what kid doesn't dig getting lots of gifts?) but ever since I was about 18, I've liked it less and less. During my college years, when I was home for winter break, I'd be holed up in my room while my parents and sister decorated the Christmas tree; I just wasn't into it at all. And in the 16 years that Ratboy and I have been married, we have never bothered to even get a tree at Christmas. (He shares my anti-holiday sentiments.)

Really, I just always feel so damn much pressure this time of year. I would be so happy to completely do away with the gift-exchanging thing (Ratboy and I never give each other Christmas gifts; we just go out and buy something if we want it.) But for the rest of my family (i.e. my parents, step-parents, and my sister and her husband), the idea of not exchanging presents would be tantamount to heresy! They are all *very* materialistic. Mind you, all of them already have everything they could possibly want/need, but the whole notion that "at Christmas, it's important that we spend a bunch of money to buy everyone presents" is deeply ingrained. BTW, not one of them ever gives me any clue as to what they would like, leaving me to twist in the wind as I try to guess. I, at least, have a wish list posted on Amazon.com that they're all aware of, but again, I'd just as soon not receive anything from anyone, either. I've already got everything I need, after all!

The materialistic aspect of the whole holiday season is what really gets to me, and it seems to get worse every year. It really does take away from the what I think should be the true emphasis at Christmas: getting together with loved ones for a nice dinner or whatever. Period. It's just crazy that most people feel they have to spend a wad of cash on top of that. I'd like to limit my gift-giving to my nieces--I know how much kids get into it, especially--and be done with it. But if I don't get something for all the adults in my family as well, they'll be offended. sad.gif

At least I can do all my shopping on the Web now; that simplifies things somewhat. Oh, to not set foot in a store/shopping mall at this time of year--it's total bliss. Last year was the first time I bought all gifts online, and it definitely reduced the stress of it all!

I've heard of "philanthropic gift-giving" in which you can spend a certain amount of money to pay for, say, a goat for a poor family in India, or food for an animal in a shelter, and send your gift recipients a card saying that you've donated to (whatever the charity may be) in their names. I'd really love to do that: My money would be going to a cause that actually needs it, and it might give the people in my life a reality check about the importance of helping the truly needy. But I'm not sure they'd appreciate that, so I just don't know. unsure.gif

Sigh...rant over. For now.
doodlebug
ratgrl, in 2001, I did up a fancy little cards on the computer for everyone in my family, which said I'd made a donation in their names to their community food banks (which I had indeed done). It also said that I felt blessed to have everything I need and therefore I would be opting out of the gift exchange in future years, but that if they still felt they wanted to give a gift, I would be made most happy by a donation to a women's centre in their own communities. And every year since, I take the money I would have spent on gifts and donate it to a food bank.

The funny thing is, most everyone in my family said the the food bank donations were the best presents they ever got, and they started talking about doing the same with their friends and other relatives. (With the exception of my brother, who has turned into a bit of a right-leaning asshole...he said, "Does this mean when they hassle me on the street for change, I can tell them I already gave?")

I have been untroubled by the holiday season ever since. And I felt exactly like you did - I hated the commercialization, I hated the crowds and the glazed money-spending expressions, I hated the greed, and I hated that we were all trying to buy each other useless, pricey gifts that no one needed and half the time didn't even want...and since I was working with people in poverty on the job, I felt horrendous about throwing away money on things no one needed, at the same time that people were literally going hungry and homeless. Nothing stressed me out like trying to do holiday shopping - in fact, any reminders of the holidays stressed the hell out of me. Now I walk through it in my own little bubble, knowing that I can claim the parts of it I want (putting up a few decorations, having people over for drinks and appies, visiting with family, celebrating my own seasonal spirituality - which is Solstice for me), and the stress is gone completely for me.

The only exception I've made is with my mom, because even though she understood, she was still a bit sad about not being able to do something for me. So we exchange stockings...BUT there is a spending limit of $20! So it's actually quite fun, b/c we have to be creative and thoughtful.
zoya
there's this guy that I met that I am interested in getting to know more than I'm willing to admit to my friends and most of the people around me.
ratgrl
QUOTE(doodlebug @ Dec 3 2006, 08:41 PM) *

ratgrl, in 2001, I did up a fancy little cards on the computer for everyone in my family, which said I'd made a donation in their names to their community food banks (which I had indeed done). It also said that I felt blessed to have everything I need and therefore I would be opting out of the gift exchange in future years, but that if they still felt they wanted to give a gift, I would be made most happy by a donation to a women's centre in their own communities. And every year since, I take the money I would have spent on gifts and donate it to a food bank.

The funny thing is, most everyone in my family said the the food bank donations were the best presents they ever got, and they started talking about doing the same with their friends and other relatives. (With the exception of my brother, who has turned into a bit of a right-leaning asshole...he said, "Does this mean when they hassle me on the street for change, I can tell them I already gave?")

I have been untroubled by the holiday season ever since. And I felt exactly like you did - I hated the commercialization, I hated the crowds and the glazed money-spending expressions, I hated the greed, and I hated that we were all trying to buy each other useless, pricey gifts that no one needed and half the time didn't even want...and since I was working with people in poverty on the job, I felt horrendous about throwing away money on things no one needed, at the same time that people were literally going hungry and homeless. Nothing stressed me out like trying to do holiday shopping - in fact, any reminders of the holidays stressed the hell out of me. Now I walk through it in my own little bubble, knowing that I can claim the parts of it I want (putting up a few decorations, having people over for drinks and appies, visiting with family, celebrating my own seasonal spirituality - which is Solstice for me), and the stress is gone completely for me.

The only exception I've made is with my mom, because even though she understood, she was still a bit sad about not being able to do something for me. So we exchange stockings...BUT there is a spending limit of $20! So it's actually quite fun, b/c we have to be creative and thoughtful.

Wow, that's awesome, Doodlebug! How cool that you did that and that most of your family embraced it. That inspires me...I might look more into it yet for this year. I like the idea of donating to everyone's respective local food banks; I would imagine that it would help them to see that, thanks to your gift, they are helping on a local level.

Oh, and spending limits...an excellent idea that's way underrated, IMO. Because my family (with the exception of Ratboy) is so materialistic, I don't think they'd be down with that at all, but I love the concept.

BTW, your comment that "any reminders of the holidays stressed the hell out of me" totally hit home with me. At work, we always have a radio on, and more often than not, the station chosen is one of those that play only Christmas songs through the entire month of December. And each song I hear triggers in me thoughts like "Goddamn, I *still* have to buy gifts/do Christmas cards, etc." For me, there's no enjoyment from those songs...just more feelings of pressure.

And as for what you said about "all trying to buy each other useless gifts that nobody needed and half the time didn't even want"---word! I mean, that's why "regifting" is so popular these days, right? I have a funny/sad story about that: One Christmas, Ratboy and I gave my dad a shirt from an upscale men's store. I thought he would like it, but apparently he didn't...because the very next Christmas, he gave that same shirt to Ratboy! Ooops--he obviously had forgot that we were the ones who'd given him that shirt in the first place, and I never told him because I didn't want him to feel embarrassed, but still. That very incident definitely contributed to my dislike of Christmas shopping. Talk about futility... ohmy.gif
doodlebug
ratgrl, don't forget, when you make a donation (to a registered charity) in someone else's name, that other person still gets a gift, in the form of an income tax receipt (aka: tax deduction).

Good luck with it all! I hope you can work something out that gives you some peace...I know I find life much more peaceful for having made the shift away from all that commercialized insanity.

confession: I get through mundane tasks by imagining that the CSI team and/or the Without a Trace team is/are investigating my last movements before I disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances.
culturehandy
I confess, I am really horny right now. This is getting to be a problem. I am back in the "I only want to fuck mode" it is really getting in the way of, life!
erinjane
I confess I'm afraid of automated revolving doors.
freckleface2727
ohhh Erinjane! Mee too!
I have to stand there like a Dork and time it-- time it=== like I'm jumping into double dutch or something but I'm terrified I'm going to be caught and wegded in there!
pollystyrene
I have a strong aversion to escalators. It takes all my focus and determination to get on them, going up or down. I think it's part of my fear of falling, which carries over into unsteady surfaces.
culturehandy
Polly I totally agree. When I got on an escalator, I am afraid that I will trip and fall, or my shoelaces will get sucked into the bottom of the escalator, and I will make a complete ass of myself. Really. I think it came from cartoons.
missladyj
the down escalator has always scared the shit out of me

going up I am fine
freckleface2727
I confess that several years in a row now I have bought Christmas Cards to mail out, and then never get around to sending them and this year looks to be no exception either.

I confess that I'm enjoying the nifty little high I am getting off my pain meds from my root canal!

I confess I tried to persuade the mr to take a pill last night so he could enjoy it too- I'm a Pill Pusher!
roseviolet
I have a similar fear of escalators. My problem isn't the movement, though. It's those sharp metal edges. I can't help but imagine myself falling on them & getting cut up on those edges. I fear stairs, too. I have fallen down stairs sooooooo many times. One time I was on crutches for a month after a spill on the stairs. But what scares me more than anything is the thought that I might trip while going up the stairs (or the escalator) and smash my mouth on the edge of the stairs & bash out my teeth. [shudder]
falljackets
wow, i'm afraid of escalators too. i mean, i'll still use them, but i have to time it just right and sometimes let other people go ahead of me so i won't hold them up waiting for the perfect moment to step on.

rv, i have a huge fear of bashing in my teeth! i worry if i'm in an accident, i'm going to lose my teeth. and if i lift dumbells, i'm always afraid i'm going to drop them on my face and bash my teeth out. i don't know where that comes from, but it makes me shudder just thinking about it.

*squick!*

treehugger
I confess that one of my stupidest and most humiliating experiences EVER was on an escalator.

I tried to go UP the DOWN one. Trust me, it doesn't work well. And I had flipflops on! laugh.gif

*seriously, I don't know what kind of a brain fart I was having......
bunnyb
treehugger, I think everyone has done that at least once! In fact, I did it a couple of days ago and a few weeks ago the boy did it and I was walking behind him and didn't notice either.

I have a fear of the middle plates giving way and me falling inside and getting mangled (I'm not helping, am I?) I also fell down a down escalator once (I was a little tipsy) and cut up my leg.

I have recurring nightmares of my teeth falling out when I'm anxious.
doodlebug
I don't know if this belongs in this thread or not, but with everyone talking about fears and nightmares, I remembered it.

For my entire childhood, I had this bizarre recurring nightmare about my eyeball falling out or popping out of the socket and hanging there by various pinky-reddish-purpley stringy muscles or veins or whatever holds your eyeball in. In the dream could see the entire thing, the stringy bits, the back of the eyeball, the way it dangled, etc. Often in the nightmare, I wound up holding the eyeball in my hand.

I knew I had undergone eye surgery when I was 18 months old, but I was never told anything about it, beyond the fact that they cut a muscle somewhere near my good eye to force the bad eye to correct itself. I always assumed they did this via incision, though now that I think about it, I don't know why a child would assume anything about surgery, unless it was suggested or implied.

(I also had to wear an eyepatch on and off, and have daily eyedrops - which I resisted every morning - till I was about six or seven....yes, I was the kid who showed up for the first day of school in an eyepatch, and NOT the cool pirate kind.)

I never made any connection till I was 16, after relating the nightmare to my stepmother. My mom and dad both knew about the nightmares, but never said anything...in fact, I think they usually changed the subject. But after I disclosed this to my stepmother, she - against my father's wishes (and my own) - told me the details of my surgery: the surgeons pulled the eyeball out of the socket to cut the muscle, then repositioned the eyeball back in the socket.

I was angry at her for telling me, b/c it freaked me out, but weirdly, I never, ever had the nightmare again. If for nothing else, I am grateful to my stepmother for that. It was like ripping off a bandage really quickly, I guess.

But I am still totally freaked out by any discussion or picture of eye injury, eye surgery, or anything of the kind. I cannot even stomach THINKING about further corrective surgery, ergo I will always wear glasses or contacts. I don't know what I will do if I have something like cataracts when I'm old....probably kill myself...I mean, I would seriously consider it as an option. I am still so traumatized that I cannot even fathom having eye surgery.

Who knew that an 18-month old could remember something like that and be psychologically traumatized by it forever??? Apparently not any of the people who thought it was in my best interests to keep me ignorant. But I'm pretty sure that if I'd been able to normalize what happened when I was still a kid, I wouldn't be this way now.
anna k
When I was depressed at 12, I would have dreams about wars and battle scenes, it felt like bombs were going off in my head. My therapist also told me when I was older that I thought about sex in scary, rape-like, violent terms, which I don't remember telling her.

I avoid walking on subway grates, I'm afraid of falling through them. I also hate crowded elevators and people crowding the escalators where there are empty staircases right next to them.

ratgrl
Doodlebug: Even if you're a fan of horror films, do NOT see either "Hostel" or "May!" Both have gruesome eye-related scenes; the one in "Hostel" is especially long and drawn-out, and disgusting beyond belief. I saw that movie only once--over 6 months ago--and just remembering that part of it still skeeves me out. Unlike you, I've never had any invasive medical procedure done on my eyes, nor have I experienced any kind of trauma to them, so I'm not sure where my squeamishness comes from. There's just something about eyes...I can't explain it. ohmy.gif

I have a weird phobia: vomit. Now, of course nobody likes it, but ever since I was a very small child, I've not been able to stand to even see someone else do that--not even cartoon or human characters on TV or in movies! When I was little and my parents or sister got sick, I would beg all of them, "Please don't tell me if [whoever] threw up; I don't want to know!" And so it was with anyone else I knew. If someone in my elementary school classroom puked, I quickly averted my eyes and even left the room if I could get away with it.

I hardly ever throw up, and when I do, it's only because I literally have no choice in the matter, like with food poisoning or something. Luckily, it's a pretty rare occurrence for me.
flanker_ji
Ratgrl - I have a couple friends with that same fear, you are not alone smile.gif Seems so strange to me, as I'm relieved once I vomit.
ratgrl
Flanker--it's nice to know I'm not alone in having this fear, as I don't personally know anyone else who has it! blink.gif Your similarly-afflicted friends may or may not be aware that there's an actual term for the condition: Emetophobia.

So, yeah...my name is ratgrl, and I'm a card-carrying emetophobic. (BTW, I've never discussed this particular aspect of my personality with my shrink, but I'm pretty sure that he'd agree that it's an apt diagnosis! ) huh.gif
anna k
The eye scene in May is the last scene, and it is squicky. It's a fantastic movie though, and never got much notice, not even the revisionist "this was way cool and nobody saw it" that Slither and The Exorcism of Emily Rose has received. Hostel I thought was stupid and trying too hard to be shocking and gory, too much for the aintitcoolnews fanboys.
erinjane
ratgirl, I have a friend who has that fear as well. tongue.gif

Confession: I have never used nail clippers on my finger nails. I just let them grow until they catch on something and break off. Most people find this disgusting, especially when my pinky nails become "cocaine nails".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.