Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
stargazer
QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:27 PM) *
I have the same issue, stargazer, only it's with Firefox remembering all my passwords. I need to write them all

my bad. it is firefox, not mac. sorry steve jobs! wink.gif

oh gosh, i agree with the talk about books going the way of vinyl records. i've cut my spending in so many areas of my life. but, i still love the feel of a book in my hands. i feel the same way about magazines too. i try to think about how the change will help the environment, BUT, i still books and magazines. i still buy cds because i like the art work. itunes cover art images is not the same as seeing it in person. *sigh*
bunnyb
I, personally, will ensure that the book industry (at least in the UK) will remain afloat. No, seriously.
culturehandy
I'm in a bad fuck mood and I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it.
neurotic.nelly
As of late, I only get a fire under my ass to post in bust after I've had a few. I lurk all the time... never wanna post until I've had a few. Meh.
stargazer
confession: i thought it would be a good idea to watch dead man walking when i saw it was on cable. i was crying like a baby at the end. my head is spinning with the meaning of forgiveness, spirituality, and other issues. then, i got mail from a good friend in MA and i started crying. yeah, i think i'm in an emotionally vulnerable place today. sad.gif
crazyoldcatlady
(((star))) it always a mark of good movie to make you think/feel that intensely. but it sucks too, it's like waking up from a shitty dream and then feeling spent all day.

confession: after watching la ink ad nauseum, i kind of want a tattoo. and i'd want someone like hannah to do it, some badass older chick. i'll get it done when i'm 40, when i don't have societal/professional constraints and/or won't care about societal/professional constraints.

ah fuck it, i'll just get liquored up some time and do it. rolleyes.gif
zoya
......COCL, I think that these days, society in general is probably on the side of you getting a tattoo. People without any tattoos are pretty much the minority these days.....

(also, don't get liquored up first, it hurts more and you'll bleed like a stuck pig)

freckleface7
QUOTE(zoya @ Jan 16 2009, 08:31 PM) *
......COCL, I think that these days, society in general is probably on the side of you getting a tattoo. People without any tattoos are pretty much the minority these days.....

(also, don't get liquored up first, it hurts more and you'll bleed like a stuck pig)

I totally agree. back when I was in the professional world, I got a small tat on my lower left hip; no one can see it enless I choose for them to. I like mostly just knowing it's there, and looking at it in the mirror every now & then. there are people who can rock them anywhere on their bodies & look great no matter, but then there are some people who just look skanky when they show. put a lot of time & thought into before you do it bc it's on your body Forever.
that said, it's been almost 10 years now sinse I got my 1st and I still cannot decide what to get next; I think when I come out the other side of the crap I'm in eventually I'll be more certain.

oh, and a reputable studio should refuse to ink you when you have obviously been drinking bc of the bleeding.

- how fun would it be to have a giant gathering of busties & go to a place like la ink & get them all done together? (tho not nec the same thing)

ps: my mother is wanting to have her eyebrows tatoo'd on (which I personally think is kinda creepy but her eysight is starting to go as she gets Older) & I told her I had been wanting to get my nose pierced w/ a tiny sparkly stud & she said - and I quote: " oh honey, then Come Home & we'll go somewhere together & get both things done." I'm not sure if I'm freaked out or just stunned.
crazyoldcatlady

ah yes, but then to be a real rebel, i should not get one then wink.gif

there are people who can rock them anywhere on their bodies & look great no matter, but then there are some people who just look skanky when they show. put a lot of time & thought into before you do it bc it's on your body Forever.

THE predominant reason why i don't want one. I'm fickle. but then again, i have an idea i've been thinking about for a while...
- how fun would it be to have a giant gathering of busties & go to a place like la ink & get them all done together?

now THAT would be fun. esp. since the tattoo i'm thinking of would be feminist
I told her I had been wanting to get my nose pierced w/ a tiny sparkly stud & she said - and I quote: " oh honey, then Come Home & we'll go somewhere together & get both things done." I'm not sure if I'm freaked out or just stunned.

i had a nosering. i'm so sad i "had" to get rid of it.
but, it's funny you and your mom want to go have a body art bonding. i've been toying with the idea of taking my dad on his 60th. i know he wants one (he has none), but i think my mom would shit herself.
freckleface7
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Jan 16 2009, 09:20 PM) *
i had a nosering. i'm so sad i "had" to get rid of it.
why? do they get easily infected? and what about allerigies & the like?

but, it's funny you and your mom want to go have a body art bonding.

are you kidding me?
it took me months to get the guts up to tell her that I'd gotten one.. and that was with me living in another state when I told her! and even then, she referred to me as ' the great tattood lady' ala Circus FREAK for close to a year after. my mother is nothing if not sublte in her disapproval. dry.gif

her offer for us to Go Together is nothing more than a ploy for me to be foolish enough to go back there again, where she thinks my sister & I will hug & sing kumbya & maybe braid each others hair before exchanging mani/pedi's.
it's almost worth going through all that to call her bluff. the shop I went to is straight out of a Hell's Angel's hangout picture.

confession: sometimes I am a bad, Bad daughter.
missladyj
I love LA Ink the work that those artists do is so fantastic!

Cocl,
i have offered to take my dad to get a tattoo. He has a book of naval flash to pick from. My mom says she'll divorce him if he gets one. I think it would be so fantastic. I told him I would pay for it. I don't think it will happen.
hellcat
confession: I peed a bit on my pants last night then had to act surprised when later someone said "it smells like piss". What? Really? Weird?!
stargazer
confession: i'm trying hard to not cry at this inauguration event on HBO. PMS and the inauguration of the country's first black president is too much for me this week. just think, i have a whole week to blubber.
mouse
confession: i'm getting really nervous that obama isn't going to live up to his promises. the expectations are so high...
culturehandy
star, speaking of crying and watching tv...I was watching Dances with Wolves, and it was the part where the tribe found the skinned buffalo and there was a calf, yes, I just about started to bawl. Thank you period very much.
roseviolet
Confession: I think the characters in Wuthering Heights are the biggest pack of brooding, self-destructive, masochistic, abusive idiots I've ever come across in any book. I read the novel when I was about 13 & they frustrated the hell out of me then. Later I thought maybe I wasn't ready for the characters at that young age & maybe I should give them another chance now that I'm older. Unfortunately, after 20 years I still find these people to be just as exasperating as ever. What am I missing?!?!Why do people love this book so much?!?
girltrouble
i keep getting a crush on my best friend up here. yeah, i get crushes like clock work, but i was talking to her last night and i was just watching how her eyes were so expressive....and flirty....and sexy.... and i was thinking, goddamn, she is just so supreme! i've been told she and i would make a cute couple, and my ex's seem to keep suggesting her to me... but i just don't want to lose our friendship.

[ the rest moved to online/ldr dating thread]
Persiflager
Roseviolet - I'm right there with you. Melodramatic, self-indulgent, sentimental nonsense.
chachaheels
I never got that "love" story in Wuthering Heights, either. Abusive, controlling, cruel. Ugly.
So I'm with you, RoseV. It's just that I have this sneaking suspicion that Bronte was "on to" all that stuff too--and really wrote it out in grotesques. I never saw the book as sentimental--but kind of revolutionary. I think of Bronte as a Gothic satirist, she points out the gross inequities in what the public was told to see as romantic love. The horrific "deal" women make to be married--who could miss that? I don't think anyone draws that point out better than she does in that book. Bronte is really like a much more descriptive and imaginative Emile Zola, years before he came along.

I'm going to believe that even if it is absurd, and I can't really justify it in terms of literary critique (because I don't want to). Otherwise, it has no appeal for me.
girltrouble
hi cha!

i lurve you sooooo much! you totally make me want to see the b&w version of the movie again. i really didn't care either way for the story, but the way it was shot.....!

that's all.
missladyj
the best part of Wuthering Heights is the Kate Bush song. she rules
culturehandy
Confession: I've never read Wuthering Heights. And by the way you alls are talking about, I don't think I'm going to.

Which leads me to the fact that I've read few "classics".
LoveMyPugs
confession: i'm really afraid...

that is all
culturehandy
(((((pugs)))))
damona
i have a total thing for someone i shouldn't even think about doing such things with. and he has the same feeling for me. and we're not going to do anything about it, but the sparks we throw off might just cause things nearby to catch fire. it's killing me.
girltrouble
totally OT, but....

hi damona!!!!!! *waves* good to see you around! <3
rudderlesschild
QUOTE(damona @ Jan 19 2009, 10:51 AM) *
i have a total thing for someone i shouldn't even think about doing such things with. and he has the same feeling for me. and we're not going to do anything about it, but the sparks we throw off might just cause things nearby to catch fire. it's killing me.

I so totally could have written every word of this post. unsure.gif

doodlebug
confession: It's taking me a long time to get over my trust issues, but he just keeps coming up true.

confession: I get some serious freakin' butterflies when I think about his tongue lapping away in between my legs.
raisingirl
The longer I stay away from the traditional workplace, the more I want to never go back to it. I dream of working from home and I don't want to fuck it up.

I was going to watch the Wuthering Heights adaptation on TV, but I fell asleep. I feel indifferent about the book.

I've watched way too many Kate Bush videos online.
freckleface7
I am positively GIDDY w/ anticipation of the ****SNOW**** tonight. it's been at least 5 entire years for us here!

I /we are going to throw on jackets & goofy hats & ~~~dance~~~ to celebrate & honor it. mayhaps I have some truly pagan tendencies?

after last week's low, I am feeling hopeful again.

ch: I never read most of the "classics" either & don't really feel I missed much.
I'm more of a {limited} Shakespear kinda woman.

(((((((pugs)))))) you are so loved & supported here sweetie.
lilacwine13
(((((pugs))))))

So, please tell me I wasn't the only one who cheered when they said "Bush is leaving Washington."
girltrouble
oh no, you weren't lilac, as i posted in the sufferagette thread, on msnbc people were booing as bush walked out, and that gave way to the crowd singing "na na na na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye!"

lilacwine13
Nice to see I'm not the only one who had that reaction...
girltrouble
lol far from it. there was also a huge sign (which was quickly panned away from) that said "george bush, get the HELL OUT!" the caps, are theirs.
pollystyrene
I was really hoping a flock of geese would have flown by as his plane was taking off.
girltrouble
*spits coffee all over her puter*
bunnyb
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Jan 20 2009, 09:01 PM) *
I was really hoping a flock of geese would have flown by as his plane was taking off.

I literally chocked on a Reese's cup.
kittenb
I feel kind of bad for Bush. If 9 out of 10 people are cheering when I leave my job, I would be in tears. blink.gif
ketto
I have to admit, as much as I loathe and hate the guy, I feel a teeny teeny bit bad too because my natural instinct is to empathize...but then I remember how many people he fucked over and I feel better. biggrin.gif Everyone I know was glued to the TV or radio this morning in Winnipeg even.
freckleface7
I'm a little disappointed at how negative the reactions to Bush's leaving is here; but that's my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs as well.

confession: the mr is a total butt face joy kill that can suck even the unadulterated joy out of a snow day for me; his sybil- like mood swings are killing me, but yet frecklette & I are the ones in therapy. sad.gif
crazyoldcatlady
confession: i think i need to take a media/technology vacation. i am way too plugged in.

confession: ...but then i'd have no fucking clue about what to do with myself.

confession: i fucking hate this place. half of this confession is hormone-based.
chachaheels
I felt bad for Bush for exactly 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 of a second. Sure, booing and cartoons of thousands and thousands of flying shoes are impolite. But if his feelings are hurt, he's padded his coffers well at the expense of millions of lives, and he and all his buddies are still profitting wildly as the economy fails (to their benefit). His "misunderestimated me" speech was a bit pathetic. I guess my confession is that I'm anticipating his legal comeuppance.

Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights really did make up for the book.

Hi GT!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
anarch
QUOTE(chachaheels @ Jan 20 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights really did make up for the book.

Word.

confession: Just before I woke up this morning, I dreamed that the plumber (great build, tall, bald head like Mr Clean, so scrupulously tidy and well-kept that I never would have guessed he was a plumber) and I were sitting on a bed, flirting madly. I was starting to get deliciously turned on when mr. anarch woke me up.

I'm not attracted to the plumber really (I gather from conversations that he's completely unaware of environmental issues and hasn't got much of a sense of money management, both of which are major turn-offs), but physically, he presents himself very well. Very well indeed. Those black gloves he wears when he's working. Oh my.

I have a feeling that that dream made my voice a bit soft and purry when I called him this afternoon to discuss the latest bill. Oops.
treehugger
heh....what is it about plumbers? wink.gif
chachaheels
I think the fixations around plumbers and firemen are ancient.
Anything to do with pipes, inner workings, pumps.

Some of the oldest dirty songs are about firemen and plumbers, the need to keep that water flowing and put out the raging fire.
Maybe they're archetypal. Maybe they should be.
crazyoldcatlady
confession: i found a deal online to go to london from the east coast WITH lodging, all around $400. holy hell, i'm seriously considering jet-setting there for a very extended weekend.
zoya
do it.

x
crazyoldcatlady
God, is that you?

Is this... is this a sign??

tongue.gif
zoya
yep.

I'm the all powerful being.

DO WHAT I SAY, DAMMIT!!!

mad.gif
girltrouble
wait....zoya is god?

....ok, i'll buy it. zoya is awesome!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.