Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
zoya
I kinda like guy-I-gave-my-number-to. like, I'd like to hang out with him again. fuck. ...slippery slope.
pollystyrene
We ran out of toilet paper and have no money until tomorrow, so I had to pilfer a roll from work. I'll replace it on Monday, but it's pretty pathetic.
bunnyb
(((polly))) and I thought my financial situation sucked. The boy complains that I use too much toilet roll rolleyes.gif.

confession: my friend had a baby and instead of being happy for her I complained to people about what a poor name she chose. It is a beige name and so eighties that it is raiding Barry Manilow's closet for clothes. With all the pretty names to choose from I don't understand why she would name her child something so blah and outdated although this is my friend who in high school was wearing twin sets and blue eye shadow. I am a bad person.
freckleface7
bunnyb: don't keep us in suspense- what is the name?!
as I had a sort of non-normal name growing up, names are of particular interest to me, and the mr wanted to name frecklette ENID when she was born (seriously. dude) !

polly: so been there. are you also out of kleenex too?

misslady: bahahaha. I was so shocked to see an ex that had gone gray & gained a lot of weight!
no wonder my ex's there all think I still look good wink.gif
freckleface7
drat double post, sorry!
bunnyb
freckle, if I post the name then karma will bite me - it'll be the name of a bustie or what they chose to name their child! I'm not that stupid wink.gif.

ENID?! I am all for using traditional names; I particularly like some biblical names but there's classic and then there's old fashioned or just plain boring.

eta: I PMd you!
sybarite
Pollyv--totally been there, and more than once.

I have also been accused of using too much loo roll, and from several different sources. I probably do use too much, but, I mean, how else can you be thorough?? Understandably this argument doesn't carry much weight with the mister and former flatmates, who then feel I am maligning their bathroom hygeine. blink.gif
Now I just buy loo roll for the house so I don't feel bad.

Confession: I am overreacting to every little thing. I need to get this thesis in so I can stop being an obsessive control freak.
pollystyrene
What happened was that we buy those huge packs of like 30 rolls (and it's like $18 for that, unless it's on sale, because we buy the better quality brand.) It's too big to store in the bathroom, so we keep them in the bedroom closet. He took the last roll a couple days ago and didn't tell me, and since it's out of sight, out of mind.... We're floating a check right now until he get paid tomorrow (by direct deposit, thank cod, so it will be available immediately) and hoping it doesn't cash before then. I'm too stubborn to go buy cheap stuff, so I swiped one from work, where they also buy good stuff.

LeBoy is guilty of using too much paper. He can literally go through an entire roll in one sitting. It pisses me off because we spend so much money on the good stuff and you shouldn't have to use as much. I've tried explaining this to him, but it hasn't sunk in. One thing I do, and it's cheaper than buying those wipes, and won't clog the plumbing- I have spray bottle in the bathroom with diluted witch hazel (what they use on a lot of those wipes) and I spray the wad of paper. Clean as a whistle, I tell ya!

Bunny, PM me the name!
bunnyb
Sure thing, polly!

I don't like the feel of cheap toilet paper against my ass - what did my ass ever do to deserve that?

I am a rich girl trapped in a poor girl's body; I have such expensive tastes.
roseviolet
I'm curious about the name, too!

I'm scared that when/if I ever have a baby, I will give it a name that isn't trendy at the time, but will become trendy a few years later. This has happened with every baby name I've picked out so far for my potential future children. Just think of those people who named their kids Jackson on Ava a decade ago. those names are EVERYWHERE now.
girltrouble
put me on your mailing list bunny... what's the name?
bunnyb
done and done!

I've built it up now when really I think it's just plain and outdated.

eta: okay, people are chomping at the bit with guesses so I'm just putting it out there, it's the same name as the Lohan has. Not as ugly as some of the guesses have been (ugh), which were definitely crimes of the eighties (and not helped by re-runs of Bewitched and that famous jewellery store where Holly Golightly has breakfast) but not one I like. I have to say that it's not a name that is pronounced well in the city I'm from so my dislike may stem slightly from that.
roseviolet
Yes, it could be worse, but now that I know it (and the last name that goes with it) I can see why it made your nose wrinkle!

One of my cousins named his daughter Tiffani. With an "i". The poor thing is 15 now & tends to dress all in black. I love her to bits, but her name does not suit her at all.
stargazer
bunny, it did surprise that you didn't just say what the name was earlier. you all about being direct and honest. wink.gif i wil say that i don't understand all the hype and competition to come up with an original name for a baby or having a name no one else will have. i will say that i was fond of the idea of having a naming ceremony for a baby. one of my friends whom i admire (her family is vegetarian, they don't have a microwave in their home, they are phenomenonally open with each other, hippie ideals, gave birth at home) waited a week to get a sense of her daughters spirit to name them. so, instead of having a name imposed, the name is created with the child's own self. i know this idea is SO out there, but i totally love it 'cause i'm weird like that.

confession 1: i had one of those days today where i felt like giving up on life all together and calling it a day. like, what's the point?

confession 2: the kitty has helped me snap out of my depression today. i played with him for awhile and i feel a little better.

confession 3: my stepdad likes watching the "hot topic" segment of the view.
bunnyb
Cats are so therapeutic (((star))).

I am direct and honest, to a fault wink.gif. I didn't want to inadvertently offend anyone. Hmmm, actually by not posting and building up suspense did I come across as seeking attention?

I think it's nigh on impossible to find a name that's original nowadays and I don't hold with attempting to put your stamp on your child's name by spelling it differently as that's just going to make their life difficult. I have also come to accept that no name is going to please everyone; it's all a matter of taste or "well I knew a girl called that who I didn't like ... or that's the name of my ex ... or why would you call your child after an actor/celeb/surname of the reclusive author of your favourite book/vegetable?"
kittenb
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 19 2009, 06:09 AM) *
We ran out of toilet paper and have no money until tomorrow, so I had to pilfer a roll from work. I'll replace it on Monday, but it's pretty pathetic.

No judgement here. I did that a lot last semester.

I remember in I Know This Much Is True, the little girl ends up being named Tyfanni. Everytime I saw that name I tasted hairspray.
girltrouble
i acutally like the idea of waiting days after the baby arrives to name it. that makes total sense to me, but then i don't want any children, so it's a moot point.

yeah tiffany is not a good name. it's right up there with lexus, or any other car names. i say that with a friend whose name is tiffany. she hates it, and people regularly tell her it's a horrible name. she agrees and tells stories about all the tiffanys she's met that she can't stand. then that's the end of the subject. it's kind of funny.

i so want people to post other horrible names, but i'm sure lots of our names would be on it, infact i would bet my first name is probably one of them...(which is why i don't go by that name)...
bunnyb
As I said in the movies thread pt 1: my name (which I like) is the "name of a fat girl"!
stargazer
QUOTE(kittenb @ Mar 19 2009, 01:19 PM) *
I remember in I Know This Much Is True, the little girl ends up being named Tyfanni. Everytime I saw that name I tasted hairspray.

omg. so funny. i definitely needed that laugh today. laugh.gif

bunnyb, you know, that is a line from the breakfast club. wink.gif

oh, i so want to start a list of names we don't like!
crazyoldcatlady

I have also come to accept that no name is going to please everyone; it's all a matter of taste or "well I knew a girl called that who I didn't like ... or that's the name of my ex ... or why would you call your child after an actor/celeb/surname of the reclusive author of your favourite book/vegetable?"

corollary confession: i HATED the first name of my ex. it was very awkward to... um, yell.

confession 1: i had one of those days today where i felt like giving up on life all together and calling it a day. like, what's the point?

star, YOU are NOT allowed to do that today, because that was my plan. And we can't be twinsies, now can we? wink.gif
freckleface7
[quote name='stargazer' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:06 PM' post='236528']
i wil say that i don't understand all the hype and competition to come up with an original name for a baby or having a name no one else will have. i will say that i was fond of the idea of having a naming ceremony for a baby. one of my friends whom i admire (her family is vegetarian, they don't have a microwave in their home, they are phenomenonally open with each other, hippie ideals, gave birth at home) waited a week to get a sense of her daughters spirit to name them. so, instead of having a name imposed, the name is created with the child's own self. i know this idea is SO out there, but i totally love it 'cause i'm weird like that.

we did that w/ frecklette; she was 2-3 days old before we settled on a name for her, bc I wanted to get a good sense of who she is outside the womb.
and then yes, we choose a somewhat traditonal (strong female) name for her.. there were at least 3 or 4 other of the same name on the delivery floor when she ws born, but I am quite certain we were the only ones who cut the name in 1/2 & used the back part of it. (Ryne(Ren). we called her Baby Ryne /Ryne/Rynnie til she was old enough to start deciding for herself what to go by around age 8 or so. now at near 15 she tends to go by the more formal version of her name, which suits us fine. it's Her Name. it's exactly as I had hoped, that as she matures and gets a sense of herself, she adapts or adjusts her name to which version she most identifies with.
so see Star? you are not the slightest bit weird at all. I'm only sorry I didn't think to have a Naming Ceremony too - I love that idea!

confession: I really want that vehical now.

noelly: I think of santana which is a tremendously high compliment.
bunnyb
QUOTE(stargazer @ Mar 19 2009, 07:12 PM) *
bunnyb, you know, that is a line from the breakfast club. wink.gif

oh, i so want to start a list of names we don't like!

Oh I know, I was watching it last night and had forgotten that quote! I huffed a little.

We should start a thread: "If we were going to reproduce this is what we would and would NOT call our spawn" (not intended to alienate those BUSTies with little darlings).
kittenb
I don't think the idea of any version of a "Names We Hate" thread is a good idea. Someone is going to get her/his feelings hurt. Even if that person isn't a current Bustie, what if some random visitor was checking out the community and then saw her name on our list? And, as Apple Paltrow will be reminding herself thru her teen years, it isn't the child's fault what the parents name them.
stargazer
dood, it's a joke. relax. we're not gonna start a thread about names we hate.

culturehandy
I am not a fan of Brittney, the name not the act. well either.

The waiting of the name if really cool. So long as you don't wait too long.

There was once someone with a child where I work, a client, not a staff, who named their child Vulva.
kittenb
QUOTE(stargazer @ Mar 19 2009, 03:23 PM) *

Just checking.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Mar 19 2009, 03:29 PM) *
I am not a fan of Brittney, the name not the act. well either.
The waiting of the name if really cool. So long as you don't wait too long.

There was once someone with a child where I work, a client, not a staff, who named their child Vulva.

Wasn't there someone named their kid Chlymidia, or is that an urban legend like lemonjello and orangejello? The baby named Marijuana Pepsi-cola is a true story- there was just an interview with her online a couple weeks ago.

QUOTE(bunnyb @ Mar 19 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I have also come to accept that no name is going to please everyone; it's all a matter of taste or "well I knew a girl called that who I didn't like ... or that's the name of my ex ... or why would you call your child after an actor/celeb/surname of the reclusive author of your favourite book/vegetable?"

Like the name "Kelly"- I had a friend who had nothing but bad experiences with anyone named Kelly- her husband's ex, her boss, some former friends of hers....bad news.
anarch
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Mar 19 2009, 04:29 PM) *

Oh, Jesus. Remember that line from Shirley Valentine? "I always thought CliTORis would be such a lovely girl's name. "Hello, CliToRis, how are you?"

Star & freckle, I think it totally makes sense to wait on naming a kid.

roseviolet - I pm'd you about an entirely unrelated subject.
girltrouble
QUOTE(stargazer @ Mar 19 2009, 01:23 PM) *

we're not?

damn.

confession:i think it'd be really fun/ny although i am sure people's feelings would get hurt, but sheesh. it's not personal...
culturehandy
see, with this Vulva child, what had happened is the family had immigrated to Canada from Africa, and apparently thought Vulva was nice, but were not educated in what it was.

There aren't a lot of names I would change if I had a bad name, but Vulva was one of them.

And i did hear about the Marijuana Pepsi name.
pollystyrene
My great-grandmother, who came over from Ukraine, her last name was Subitch. When she learned "bitch" was not a nice word, she changed it to Suvitch. My last name had an "-ovitch" at the end and that was dropped upon emigration, too.
stargazer
vulva?!? of course, i'm reminded of the seinfeld episode where jerry couldn't remember his girlfriend's name (Mulva?).

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Mar 19 2009, 04:05 PM) *
confession:i think it'd be really funny although i am sure people's feelings would get hurt, but sheesh. it's not personal...

my sentiments exactly. wink.gif then again, maybe i'm just a mean spirited woman.
zoya
my mother met a woman who named her daughter Placenta. not kidding. She didn't even TRY to make it into a name like Placentia or something. Nope. Just "Placenta."

When I was a youngun, and had no idea about things like drugs, I thought that "Indica" was a lovely name for a girl.

confession: I actually still do.
raisingirl
Star and COCL, I came in here to say that I had a day like that as well. I was so tired from staying out late last night (oh god, but it was so worth it) but then couldn't even enjoy my do-nothing day. My current situation AND the state of the economy leave me with very little motivation. I feel like these last few months I've let my life slip by me in a way I'm not proud of. I don't know what to do to get my mojo back.

I know someone who named her kids MONTHS before they came out of her (and then made announcements each time). I think that's tacky. I really like the idea of letting a few days go by post-birth to name the baby.

I know a dude named Kelly. And he ain't Irish. I've also heard of a woman who changed her name to a certain alcoholic beverage (first and last name). I have to wonder how bad her birth name/family name really were...?! blink.gif

PLACENTA?!?!
roseviolet
Vulva? Placenta? I wonder if they go by their middle names instead. Or nicknames.

Confession: I bought a pair of bright red pants today. I've been wanting a pair of red pants for years, but I don't NEED them so I honestly shouldn't have spent the money. But they're red! And cute! And red!

Confession: I suppose that should go in the Sin Bin. It's definitely sinful.
girltrouble
i've known a couple of good changed names, my favorite is 'dish d'lish' (everybody called her d'lish, and now there is a diner with the same name), but i also knew a courage deLeon. both ladies were awesome and super funny. i love that sort of thing, i want to know an amy digala or amy d gala (which is the part of the brain), but the best i could do (or wanted to do) was that my initials spell the word snow.

i don't know if this should go in the sin bin, but i confess: i laughed when a guy on the radio was talking about chinese officials and referred to a 'won hung ju' that's almost as good as my own concoction, on indian office manager, lechter vadgepie (said with an indian accent, of course).
freckleface7
I know I posted about this years ago, but we once had 2 little neighbor girls name Charisma (pretty) & Cliche'.
seriously.

talking about out there unusual names, I've always been fond of Cere Belle. (cerbrell?- the Brain? probably sp'd but who the hell cares! )
I got it from a Lilly Tomlin skit decades ago that I used to do a wicked impression of.. " Miss Cere Bell Palsy
! "

confession: the mr is pissing me off mightily tonight over the vehical situation and I most sincerely hopes he Does sleep here in the office tonight.

confession: when he is in this mood I am dreading the 4-day weekend w/ him. hell's bell's if I'm gonna "get a lot on the to-do list done."
yah.
whatev. dry.gif
yuefie
Polly, I too have had the worst experiences with the name Kelly or it's variants, Kelli, Kellie, and Kelley. I would welcome a good experience with even just one person with that name. Seriously.

Star, I think the naming ceremony is really cool.

I have friends who are hippie-ish and did something similar. They wound up naming their son Sage but used his father's more traditional name, Michael, as the middle name. And the thing is, the name suits him now that he's a bit older. It just does. But then the brother of my friend named his first kid Lincoln, with the name of a Bay Area city for the middle name (hint: A city near San Francisco or Berkeley that begins with an O, also known as Oaktown). And then they recently went on to name their second child Ozzie, with the last name of Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist by the name of Randy as the middle name (hint: also something you drive on). They spelled it a bit differently, but come on! Sorry for not just putting the names there but if they were to google their kids name combos I would hate for this post to pop up.

If I were to have a child I would want to wait to name them to get a better sense of what they are like too. I'm very interested in the meanings behind the names and sometimes because of that I wind up liking names that I wouldn't necessarily want to inflict upon any unsuspecting spawn. Fr'instance: Celeste, which means heavenly. I love that name, but as my sister pointed out it's usually granny's named Celeste and it also rhymes with molest, which is a big NO NO. I have a hard time with boys names, so many of them I don't care for. I do like Gabriel though, and my cousin already took it for her son.

My evil stepfather's last name was Kok, pronounced Coke, as in the soda. But my friends and I always referred to him as "The Kok", as in Cock, like the rooster or, ehm... tongue.gif

Here is website dedicated to awful names.

Confession: I delayed getting my car to the shop today so that I would be busy and therefore would not have to do something I didn't want to do tomorrow. That probably belongs in the sin bin too, but whatevs.
pollystyrene
Some distant relative of mine, my grandma's cousin's daughter or something, named her first child, a boy, Sam, and her second child, a girl, Ella. Um, did you not think about what that would sound like when you were calling both of them? "Sam'n'Ella!" laugh.gif

There's a family here in Chicago who are die-hard Cubs fans and they named their kids after the streets that are around Wrigley Field- Addison, Clark, Waveland and Sheffield.

I like Celeste, too, but yeah, bad rhyme. I like Cicely, too- reminds me of Northern Exposure and Saint Maybe, an Anne Tyler book.
raisingirl
After looking at Natasha Richardson's entry on IMDB, I can safely say that I haven't seen one movie of hers. I'm sorta ashamed.
humanist77
I haven't either, raisin : (

my ex's mother was a pediatrician, and she would regale us with amusing stories from the hospital-one of which was someone who named their kid "Shithead". pronounced "Shith-eed". No, really.
yeeeah.
culturehandy
Lewis Black did a piece on Names, there was the woman in Jersey who named her her child ABCDE.

Then there is Russell Peters who talks about Indian names and stuff.

and damn if I can't find either of the routines. I can find everything else. Hmmph.
kittenb
There's a family here in Chicago who are die-hard Cubs fans and they named their kids after the streets that are around Wrigley Field- Addison, Clark, Waveland and Sheffield.

I remember seeing them on WGN. Didn't they also say that they would name the next child Ivy? They might have been joking.
pollystyrene
Ha ha, I hope so, kitten- that would be awesome, and not just because Ivy's one of my favorite names anyway! I haven't heard about them lately- I wonder if they're stopping at four. If it was a boy, maybe they'd name it Harry? Or Carrie? (wrong spelling for his last name, I know!)
bunnyb
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 21 2009, 12:48 AM) *
If it was a boy, maybe they'd name it Harry? Or Carrie? (wrong spelling for his last name, I know!)

Do you mean that they would call their son harikari after Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment? blink.gif
sybarite
I know someone who named their kid Zephyr.
pollystyrene
Harry Caray, bunny.
culturehandy
With all these rediculous names, why not just name your kid Fuck Face. That is a sure fire way to get your child beaten up.

girltrouble
wait, having your child beat up.... was that the goal?

whooo hoooo!
raisingirl
OMG, laughing so much about naming your kid Fuck Face! And Zephyr was the monkey from the Babar stories, wasn't he?!?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.