Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
pollystyrene
I'll fold one of my towels like she folds hers and then take a picture of it tonight and post it- I don't know why I didn't think to do it yesterday!

Oh, kitsch is fun, and in mass quantities it's usually good, too- I LOVED that link to your friend's flickr that you posted awhile back, GT, who has that crazy-fun apartment. My problem is with the cutesy country stuff, the mass-produced stuff you get at places like Bed, Bath & Beyond, Bombay or Z Gallerie.

Examples:
Candle/fountain thing
Table Decor Set
You paid how much for some grass balls?

Individually, some of that stuff isn't bad- I admit, I have a vase I bought on clearance at Pier 1 because it matched the rug, and it's just a nice vase...but to have your whole house decorated in this crap (heavily decorated) and think it's art when everyone knows it was made by a 10-year-old in China, a warehouse of 10-year-olds in China, making thousands of them....that's not art; maybe that sounds elitist, let me rephrase- that's not interesting to me. And it's not cheap- I'd rather spend the money and get a couple of one-of-a-kind pieces, something that I really connect with, regardless of what color, style or era it came from.
girltrouble
culture, you are killing me right now.

i have nothing against geese, visually at least, i think they are beautiful. but in practical terms they are a pain in the ass. they swarm parks, pooping an inordinate amount (how they fly wen they are so full of shit, i'll never know), and they chase and attack ducks (cats and dogs too), which have a much sweeter temperament.

even with all of that, i'm ok with them, but i just cannot abide them on curtains, tablecloths, wooden knick-knacks with "country letterin' pots, and kitchen plaques... there's not sense it it. all and all i think polly pro'lly said it just how i feel. some of it is fine singlely, but all together, or in a house that has nothing NOT bought in a pier one or something similar. used kitch i can't get enough of, new, fresh kitch i can't take much of.

i'm glad you liked my friend's flicker. she's a genius with interiors. she's constantly changing her place, and it always feels cool and fresh, beautiful but not stuffy like those houses you see in magazines.

i'm going to see if i can get pix of my friend's place that is in to catholicism/santaria. her apartment has lots of cool stuff. she's a goth so her place is black, but her place is full of amazing fun stuff. everything from original drinky crow strips to gothic lolita items to that statue.
missladyj
confession : the first thing I think of when I hear the word geese is eating goose liver pate. which makes me then think of duck liver pate, and logically brings me to foie gras. which yes I will eat.
culturehandy
Well, for all you goose luvah's, check this out.
girltrouble
you are pure evil, culture. pure evil.
culturehandy
biggrin.gif

*insert evil laugh*
pollystyrene
Exhibit A: The Correct Way to Hang a Towel

Exhibit B: LeBoy's mom's cockamamie way of hanging a towel

Exhibit C: The Larch (sorry, couldn't resist- Monty Python joke!)

freckleface7
QUOTE(culturehandy @ May 21 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Well, for all you goose luvah's, check this out.

whyyyy for the Love Of MAUD CH- Why?!
(if I dream of those tonight, it's you I'll be gunnin' for in the AM )

confession: when I lived in Germany & sold German Weins, the business next to me sold paintings. we were very recipricol in watching each other's shops during lunch breaks/ what have you.
what 'Hans' never knew was that I always discouraged people from buying his stuff.
it was mass-produced and ridiculously over-priced (not to mention tacky as hell- Hello Tigers & Lions & Eagles? 'nuff said) & I'd gently try to educate these innocent young folks (young military family's mainly that didn't have 2 dimes to rub together) that if they were interested in exploring Art - why not go to some of the small local galleries and get a real feel for what appeals to them? to what speaks to them deeply. not only might you get in on some early works & prices of an up & coming artist but you have something that most likely no one else has.
it always worked.
they walked away w/ an 'Ohhhhh' visible over their heads, and my conscience was clean, knowing I had trully supported the arts.

confession: I want a duck as an actual guard pet. they're splendid at it and very loyal!
auralpoison
What. The. Fuck. Is. Up. With. That. Towel? Seriously. That makes no fucking sense.

QUOTE(missladyj @ May 21 2009, 04:59 PM) *
confession : the first thing I think of when I hear the word geese is eating goose liver pate. which makes me then think of duck liver pate, and logically brings me to foie gras. which yes I will eat.

And yes, I also eat the foie gras. I feel bad about it until I have a mouthful of seared numminess & all is forgotten.
zoya
......mmmmmmmmmmm.......foie gras..........

- I used to shy away from it, just on the basis of what it is. then I ate some. mmmmmm.

..and a couple months ago I ate some of the world's best foie gras (which AP can attest to) and now I'm obsessed.

......mmmmmmmmm....

fuck. now I want foie gras.
girltrouble
:confession: if i wasn't super crushed out on busties, this conversation would have done it. y'all are supreme!

foie gras.... drool, drool....
zoya
GT, honestly, this foie gras was so sexy, AP and I had to smoke afterwards. Not kidding.

We need to have some sort of big bustie get together at that restaurant - although it could get a little sloppy with like 20 girls swooning and orgasming over plates of foie gras.

ETA: GT, the talk of friends who have santaria/catholicism decor pretty much seals the deal on bustie crush for me... LOVE that stuff. If I didn't have such a fear of chaining myself to one place because of having too much shit, that's the stuff I'd be collecting/decorating with. I almost bought a 4 foot statue of the virgin mary (the one where she's standing on the earth, stepping on snakes) from an antique shop in Miami, once. Aside from the fact it would have drained most of my savings at the time to get it, I still kind of regret not sucking it up and just going for it.
culturehandy
Well, that towel folding is a little sloppy, it looks dreadful.

Uhhh, I've never actually had foie gras... it's never come up.
lilacwine13
I've never had foie gras either and pretty much for the same reason, culture.

That towel folding technique reminds me of the way we have to fold them at the resort I'm working at now, I think it looks ridiculous.
girltrouble
seriously, zoya, it's a crush thing for me too. she makes pilgrimages to new orleans yearly for her religion. i had it for that girl in the worst way since forever. i still have a crush on her. while i can take or leave much of the goth culture itself, the style has always hypnotized me. she does burlesque and she's always down to go to a horror movie, and we giggle, snicker and wise crack thru the whole thing. she has some of the best tats too-- just 2 simple symmetrical monograms on her forearms, and a huge heart with 7 swords gouging it on her back. *sigh* i actually had a postcard of her on my altar before i met her. but last year she got married. the theme was the mexican day of the dead (of course) she's also a seamstress so she made a beautiful black gown. i think it was Elizabethan in style. she looked beautiful.

that sound is me eating my heart out.

that statue sounds amazing.

an old pic of 1/3rd of my shrine

roseviolet
Polly, that second towel pic is making my head hurt. I imagine that when you try to use it, the towel ends up falling out of the loop. However, if she hangs it the correct way (as you demonstrated in your first pic), the towel would stay where it should.

By the by, the fact that you provided a photo demonstration is making me crush on you hard-core.

Confession: I wish I had gone with my brother and parents to see the lighthouses today. I had a fun morning playing on the beach with Sheff, but now he's playing Rock Band, I'm poking at my laptop, and everyone else is napping or reading. Booooriiiiiing. I suppose I prefer my vacations to be a bit more busy than others. Is that weird?
lilacwine13
I don't know, rose. I lead a rather quiet life so if I'm somewhere different I want to see and do as much as possible, so sitting around on the beach reading isn't my idea of a good vacation either.
auralpoison
RV, when I go on vacay, I'm usually up & out early & don't come back until exhausted/festooned/laden with stuff/possibly half in the bag. I may spend one day lounging & reading.
sybarite
In recent years RV, by the time I go on holiday I am knackered from work, deadlines etc, so I tend to crave some poolside reading time. My mister however has been an excellent influence on me, as he insists on getting up and out and seeing/doing things, which I inevitably appreciate. On our last trip he convinced me to take a three-wheeled taxi up a steep desert hill...to an awesome cafe overlooking the desert city far below. The journey was scary but so worth it.

You get different things out of different holidays though. Sometimes you need to recharge and ruminate; sometimes to explore.

/derail

Confession: I am now fantasising about my next trip, even though we only went away a month ago...

Also, count me way in to the foie gras love. Mmmm.
doodlebug
confession: I owe my singing voice entirely to watching Natalie Maines and......Bruce Dickinson.
pollystyrene
Confession: Tonight, I hung out with humanist and her bff. We ended up talking about ghosties and telling stories of the supernatural that we've experienced or stuff that has happened to people we trust to tell us the truth. We freaked each other out and I had to call LeBoy on the way home and have him come outside and walk me in from my car.
zoya
I rarely wear makeup at work. I got to work today and there was this cute guy on the project today. Figured I'd put on a bit of makeup, but looked in my bag and realized I'd forgotten all my makeup except foundation. Confession: I used a black sharpie for eyeliner. desperate times call for desperate measures.
candycane_girl
confession: I feel like a child. So many of my high school friends are getting married and having babies. I'm not ready for that yet but still. They have real jobs and even careers. I'm still in school and I can't even find a part time summer job.
sassygrrl
CCG, I've felt that way too for awhile. Most of my old high school friends college friends have kids and are married, and careers. Even my stoner hippie old college roommate has a 6 year old! It makes me feel like such a loser. I'm working at a crap internship, and don't even have a job.

Confession: Although I wanted Mcgeek back with me this weekend, he's been such an asshole.
stargazer
Confession: I finally put my big girl pants on and ordered business cards for myself. I've always felt uncomfortable about receiving cards from people,now I'm one of those people. *sigh* But, I have to remind myself if I want to be a big girl then I need to act like one. I guess handing out a card is better than fishing for paper and pen to give someone my contact info. heh. smile.gif
lilacwine13
I'm in the same boat as you are, sassy and ccg. It seems like everyone I know from high school is married with kids and a career. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out where to go for grad school and working a crappy job.

Confession: As nice as the people are here, I honestly wish I could have a day or two working by myself or be ignored while they entertain themselves. I end up working with one girl all the time and she likes to talk, which is nice but sometimes annoying and draining. Today I was tired and had a lot on my mind; towards the end I just wanted to turn on my ipod and get stuff done without the chit chat. It's a very small department so my chances of having someone else to work with are slim until they get more people hired.

Confession: I'm worried they won't hire more people because of their budget.

Confession: I'm worried that I'll always be broke.
Christine Nectarine
QUOTE(zoya @ May 25 2009, 02:13 PM) *
I rarely wear makeup at work. I got to work today and there was this cute guy on the project today. Figured I'd put on a bit of makeup, but looked in my bag and realized I'd forgotten all my makeup except foundation. Confession: I used a black sharpie for eyeliner. desperate times call for desperate measures.

as a black eye liner junkie, i'm impressed with your creativity! i'm wondering though - could you smell the sharpie? i think it would freak me out to have marker smell coming from my eyes! were you worried chemicals would leech into your brain?
zoya
I am a recent black eyeliner junkie. I could never figure it out, until a friend gave me a tutorial on how to get that perfect, awesome ultra-thin black line at the base of my eyelashes. Now I feel naked without it, if I'm wearing make up. Yes, I could smell it when I first put the sharpie on, but the smell went away. I had to smudge it a little bit with my finger, so it wouldn't look TOO magic marker-esque. And yes, I did consider the chemicals leeching into my brain, but I was more concerned with feeling hot around cute guy. Clearly I have my priorities straight huh.gif
doodlebug
QUOTE(zoya @ May 25 2009, 11:13 AM) *
Confession: I used a black sharpie for eyeliner. desperate times call for desperate measures.

This. TOTALLY. Cracked me up.
stargazer
Zoya, that dude better be hot to risk permanent eye damage. I want pics! wink.gif

Confession: Sometimes, I wonder if my optimism can blind me to the reality around me. Last year, I really thought I would pass my internship because I was working hard and doing what they asked me to do. I thought they would have some compassion. Wrong.

Now, I could be possibly kicked out of my doctoral program for not completing an internship. I'm trying to be hopeful for myself, BUT, I wonder if I really won't find one. I'm really tired for fighting for myself and I would love to feel someone advocating for me professionally speaking. I feel like throwing in the towel. sad.gif
girltrouble
confession:marker and spraypaint smell: total and utterly annihilating turn on. my years doing graff fucked me up in weird ways.

that said, i'm with doodle. that cracked me up too.
flanker_ji
((stargazer))

I'm waaay pessimistic when it comes to trusting that a guy will do the right thing in a new relationship, no matter how good the guy is.

Also, I wish I didn't post predominatly about my love life here. I lurk in threads about all sorts of subjects, but mostly seem compelled to post about my love life. I wonder if anyone notices and thinks there's nothing else on my mind. Narcissism, party of one...?
yuefie
I have a big ol' intrawebs crush on flankerj and think it's adorable that she would even worry that someone might think she is a narcissist.
flanker_ji
Aw, thanks yeufie!! *blush*

BTW, I'm glad you had fun in the yay area, even if it was without me.
biggrin.gif
girltrouble
star, can you talk to the people who would kick you out about the circomstances of your internship? perhaps they can give you a waiver.... unsure.gif don't give up. please. i cannot tell you how much i admire you. in so many ways you have inspired me by the things you have been doing. i for one, hope with all that i have that this will work out for you, and i know i'm not alone in this. we are all rooting for you.

(((((star))))))

don't give up. you're too good for that.
freckleface7
QUOTE(girltrouble @ May 26 2009, 07:27 PM) *
confession:marker and spraypaint smell: total and utterly annihilating turn on. my years doing graff fucked me up in weird ways.

I'm w/ you GT, I luv the smell of marker & chemi paints even tho I've gone so green I only use non-voc's now. truthfully? I miss the lingering odor of it.

confession: one is not the lonlinest number. two is, especially when the twosome are married. unsure.gif
culturehandy
((((star))) Can student advocacy help you with this?? I know you will get through this, I just wish there was something I could do to help.

(((freck)))

I'm so with GT, the smell fo sharpie and permanent marker, in small doses, gives me a lady boner.

Confession: Before I was just pissed off at the universe for doing what it was doing, but now I really see the divine plan and I'm actually happy with where things are. Ahh, maybe it's the meds talking, but this whole experience has drawn me closer to nature and nature as my spirituality and I'm really enjoying it. It was what I needed. I am starting to feel whole again.

Confession: I really don't want to be romantically involved with anyone. I thought I did, but I realized it was a band aid solution to my mental woes.
Persiflager
Confession: After months of confusion, I just got Bunny's avatar.
girltrouble
*snicker* i love her avi. it always makes me smile, as does the phrase "lady boner".

glad you are feeling better, culture! wub.gif

((((freckami)))))
stargazer
Thanks for the support my fellow Busties! wub.gif Yeah, I get no love or understanding from the uni. They don't even take into consideration that I may get kicked out of my program. I still have to just find a position on my own. I'm basically in a loveless marriage with my uni until I graduate. I will never encourage anyone to go to school there. Horrible treatment. Let's hope I find something.

Flanker, Dude, I'm gonna get a broom and sweep you out of the Crushie thread Showtime at the Apollo style. You are in a relationship much to your surprise. wink.gif Plus, I don't feel like you just go in the crushie thread talking about yourself. You've been supportive of others. It's all good.

Man, I think I'm in a room full of huffers with all the talk about sharpies. I preferred those thick permanent markers to sharpies. I like 'em thick. smile.gif
candycane_girl
Confession: I just backed out of my volunteering gig for tonight because I simply want to stay in and watch a sad movie. It kind of helps that it's super rainy and dreary out right now.

Also, I'm tempted to just buy myself Chinese food tonight even though I already had some a week and a half ago and I shouldn't be wasting the money.

And finally, I'm reading Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret because I never read it when I was younger and I'm actually enjoying a book intended for 12 year olds.
flanker_ji
Oh damn star, you caught me at the crushie thread in a moment of relationship pessimism, wishing I was single and crushing again... But, all is well once again, so I'll exit stage right and give you and your broom a rest! tongue.gif

I also echo the wish that there was something I could do to help you with your job/school sitch. ((((star))))
zoya
confession: I'm gonna be in the US for a couple of months this summer, and I'm considering buying a cheap motorcycle when I get there, and then selling it again when I leave. (is that insanity??)

confession no. 2: I'm spending WAY too much time on craigslist looking for said possible bike, to the detriment of getting any work done.

sybarite
Zoya: not insanity. You'd need some form of transport anyway, right? wink.gif

Also for the last 5+ years I've spent too much time researching my next trip... to the detriment of my work. I'm sure the internets are giving us all ADD.

Confession: cyber-skiving.
zoya
QUOTE(sybarite @ May 28 2009, 03:07 AM) *
Zoya: not insanity. You'd need some form of transport anyway, right? wink.gif

Yes, of course. To compliment the rental car that my work is getting for me.
auralpoison
I say, why not? Find yerself a bike.
Christine Nectarine
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ May 27 2009, 01:18 PM) *
And finally, I'm reading Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret because I never read it when I was younger and I'm actually enjoying a book intended for 12 year olds.

i totally did that 2 years ago! i couldn't believe i had made it through adolesence without reading it.

confession: i frequently read or re-read children's literature when i need a mental break. i'm currently reading "ramona the pest" as much for kiddo as for me!
candycane_girl
confession: I just dropped my online summer class. My parents are going to kill me. It's my own fault. We're already into the third week and I hadn't bought the textbooks or even looked at the class notes so today I checked and realized that we had apparently already had two assignments due. Fuck, I'm such an idiot.
stargazer
confession: I've been thinking lately if we enter relationships that mimick our parents relationships or family backgrounds, especially in regard to SES. I think I still struggle with guilt about wanting to stay grounded and not make my family feel like I am moving past them, if that makes sense. Being in NE with alot of people in upper middle class households and relationships was a different experience for me. I think I'm still dealing with insecurities about being part of that bracket or if I fit in there. blink.gif
candycane_girl
What is SES?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.