Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
treehugger
confession: I almost bought an icecream maker today so I could make some of TurboJenn's ice cream recipes! I didn't though.

confession: I think this is something I may struggle with all summer.
culturehandy
Tree, I think you should do it. BUY IT!!!
girltrouble
i agree with culture, tree. get it now, and you can follow jenn's recipes all thru the summer-- which is when you should be making ice cream, after all! in between you can experiment on your own too. by fall you'll have a great little repertory of all manner of ice creams that will dazzle your friends....
roseviolet
Tree, I'm not usually a fan of kitchen appliances that serve one, frivolous function, but I made an exception for my Cuisinart ice cream maker (I got the one with an extra freezer bowl but you can get it cheaper with just one freezer bowl). It's wonderful! I've made so many tasty things with it that I've never seen in the super market. Last week I made blueberry frozen yogurt which is really tasty. Totally worth the lost cabinet space in my opinion.
TheBeesKnees
Ice cream is not frivolous! And it serves many functions wink.gif

I have a confession, but it's not a Bustie one...it's actually lame and embarrassing: I was going to check my hotmail at the local coffees shop today, and this guy I've heard of left his account logged in. Now, I didn't read any e-mails [that would be really shitty], but I did peek and see if he had any from this girl that he's friends with. Lame reason: I can't stand her. Why did I look? No clue. Weird impulse and it's left me feeling icky all day :/ Like I said, I didn't read anything...I'm not even sure why I wanted to see that she was in there.

Confession #2: I have a slight crush on the dude that works at the candy store by my work. I think I realized it today when he asked me if I was going to the Jonas Bros. concert...ha!
girltrouble
freck, i just read about your "boiled in butter" ninja work. YAY! you just made my day! wub.gif
freckleface7
gt: I genuinely believe that most things taste better w/ Real butter.
so while I did use some water, it was mostly heaping gobs of yummy pure yellowy white goodness. happy.gif

BeesKnees: I'd have totally read all the guys emails out of sheer curiosity; but that's just me.

tree: get the ice cream maker! we bought a cheapie one that isn't worth much & takes FOREVER to make the ice cream. now I'm eyeballing a snowcone maker bc I'm alllllll about crushed ice to nibble on & *snowcones* !!

doodle: please don't forget us when you're Famous !

girltrouble
oh god, freck, i was thinking about getting a slurpee machine last month when i was deluded enough to think i had money... sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurpeeeeeeeeeeee...*licks chops*

that ninja corn sounds good too!
TheBeesKnees
Freck: aw, you make me feel better! I was pissed at myself for being nosy...

I almost was tempted to e-mail him from his own account saying "Dear Dude, next time you should probably log out of your e-mail on public computers, or I'll e-mail everyone in your address book about your latest babeland purchases".

Not that I would know. Maybe had I snooped around some more, I could have found some good dirt biggrin.gif

And I guess that's my next confession: I can't stand said girl [whose name I was peeking for in his inbox]. She gets under my skin. Just thinking about her can seriously damage my mood. And the bitch is that she always works at the "cool" places, be they restaurants or shops, so without meaning to, I've run into her at several places she's worked, and felt like an ass. Oooh, and back story? She's a girl that will talk and gush to my boyfriend and blatantly ignore me. To the point of skipping over me when she was hostessing at a restaurant. Grrr!

So...I confess I don't like hipster snobs.
TheBeesKnees
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Jul 7 2009, 09:23 PM) *
oh god, freck, i was thinking about getting a slurpee machine last month when i was deluded enough to think i had money... sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurpeeeeeeeeeeee...*licks chops*

I love Slurpees so dearly, but they no longer have them here in Omaha. Crud.

So, if I ever hit the lottery, I'm totally buying one.
zoya
....I think I have a fuck buddy. Actually I suppose he counts more as a FWB, cause we are friends. We just kinda - seem to have sex once in awhile when we hang out.
freckleface7
confession: I had a sex dream this morning & had to rub one out after. it was someone from my past that is soooooooooooooooo not supposed to be in my psyche anymore but hearing the voice once more was sadly sweet.
sad.gif

zoya: what does FWB means?
zoya
freckle - FWB = Friends With Benefits.
auralpoison
Aw, man. Why'd you have to go & bring up Slurpees? I miss 711. Our Kwik Shop has faux Slurpee but it's not the same.

Confession: A former friend of mine's shitty boyfriend had an Icee machine & we used to make boozy ice beverages for summer with it.
pollystyrene
Confession: I've been adding stuff like crazy to my wedding registry on Amazon and I LOVE it. I want it ALL. Especially the ice cream maker.

Tree, life is too short to not have an ice cream maker. They're not that expensive (the $50 Cuisinart one seems to be the best, unless you're going to go really high-end) and think about the improvement to your quality of life- no more air-filled, chemical-ridden store-bought ice cream. You get to be creative and make your ice cream how you like it, whenever you want. BUY IT!

And the snowcone maker- I'm trying to find a good ice shaver to add to the list, but all the ones on Amazon have crappy reviews, electric or manual. I want boozy summer drinks, too! sad.gif
prophecy_grrl
psst, polly - check out the Waring Pro line. I remember reading (Cook's Illustrated, maybe? it was a while ago) they have the best ice shaving/crushing ability. They have an ice shaver and also a professional bar-grade blender.

I second the ice cream maker love! Actually polly got mine for me and now that I've gotten a hold of some good recipes, I'm unstoppable! I just made some amazing strawberry w/ buttermilk and some mint & white chocolate (with fresh-from-the-farmers-market mint). Next up, bourbon butter pecan and Guinness with malt balls.
TheBeesKnees
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 8 2009, 09:30 AM) *
Aw, man. Why'd you have to go & bring up Slurpees? I miss 711. Our Kwik Shop has faux Slurpee but it's not the same.

Totally not the same. It's sad, isn't it?

I used to have a slight addiction to BK's frozen CokesŪ. I don't like to use the term addiction too often...but seriously, I had to have one at least once a day for like a year. Maybe two or three. Then around my 28th birthday...I just...stopped liking them. I think I had already stopped liking them, but that was when it really clicked.

It may or may not have anything to do with this creepy guy that I had met a few times buying me a gift card for there [because of my love of frozen CokesŪ]...and then called me a cunt for having a boyfriend. How dare I!

I confess that skipping work to go to the zoo and watch the sharks get fed and then having coffee with sister = awesome day.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(prophecy_grrl @ Jul 8 2009, 10:46 AM) *
psst, polly - check out the Waring Pro line. I remember reading (Cook's Illustrated, maybe? it was a while ago) they have the best ice shaving/crushing ability. They have an ice shaver and also a professional bar-grade blender.

I second the ice cream maker love! Actually polly got mine for me and now that I've gotten a hold of some good recipes, I'm unstoppable! I just made some amazing strawberry w/ buttermilk and some mint & white chocolate (with fresh-from-the-farmers-market mint). Next up, bourbon butter pecan and Guinness with malt balls.

Ooof, that's a lot of ice crusher for me. Maybe I should just go with one of the manual ones.
prophecy_grrl
I think it's just the right amount for summer parties with boozy drinks (HINT!)
girltrouble
my freezer doesn't have an ice machine so i need something that can freeze the beverage itself. otherwise, i'm outta luck. but well, i have other things i should be spending my $$$ on. they don't have slurpees at y'alls bk? there is a movie chain that has them too. i know the middle of the country doesn't have 7/11 which i don't understand. 7/11 is as american as uncle sam.
lilacwine13
Some of the convenience stores have frozen Coke in the Midwest, there was one a block away from my university. They also have frozen Mountain Dew, which I love as well.

Gas stations and convenience stores are always regional things. I didn't see my first 7/11 until I was at least 27. This might explain my preference for Holiday and Super America, those are the ones here that have the most stuff.

Confession: Seeing different gas station and grocery store chains is one of the things I like about traveling. I actually like trying to figure out which places are good and which places are bad, and which ones are similar to other ones around the country.
prophecy_grrl
uh. we def have 7/11 in Chicago. Though I think White Hen is more abundant. mmmm . . . strange things are upon us at the Circle K
freckleface7
White Hen! I remember those !
we had 1 or 2 in my hometown in Indiana too.
here in NC we have a lot of Kangaroo Mart's that are also gas stations- not the same?

confession: whenever we hit the ice-button on our fridge, Bella & Bluey go NUTS & dance around begging.
they seem to think it's some sort of magic present machine that we withhold from them more often than not.
it's an amazing feeling of power that comes over you to have your finger on the button & seeing 2 puppies almost holding their breath trying to be good so you push it.
pollystyrene
Actually, at least in the Chicago area, the White Hens were bought out by 7-11. There are a few independent White Hens around, but that's it.

Oh, those Coke slushies at BK were really good. I think I was better off forgetting about them. wink.gif

Yeah, prophecy, but then I have to find a place to store that thing. And since 90% of our summer parties take place at turbo's maybe she should get the ice crusher! tongue.gif We could all go in on it together- $10 from everyone and that ice crusher is ours!

Local stores and stuff are really interesting to me, too, lilac. Love the QwikTrips in Missouri!
girltrouble
i kinda like those taco bell fruitistas, particularlly the strawberry ones, but they always put too much syrup in it. what were the drinks they had at dairy queen?
culturehandy
DQ had the Moolatte's.
roseviolet
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Jul 8 2009, 06:05 PM) *
Local stores and stuff are really interesting to me, too, lilac. Love the QwikTrips in Missouri!

I was just about to mention QuikTrip! Whenever I talk to anyone else who had to move away from that part of the country and I ask them what they miss, QT is always on the list.

Dammit, now I want a caramel steamer.

Confession: Tonight after I saw Director Guy's play, I really should have stuck around and talked to him more or introduced myself to the other actors & told them I enjoyed the show, but I was so damn shy! I think if Director Guy hadn't been running around in his underwear for the last 10 minutes of the play I might have felt more confident, but honestly I don't think that was part of it at all. I think I'm just a big 'ol wimp. Where is my spine?!
pollystyrene
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Jul 8 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Dammit, now I want a caramel steamer.

My mind went somewhere very, very bad on this one.

candycane_girl
Reading all of this reminds me once again just how different Canada is from the States. I hate it when people say that the two are so similar because I've been to American grocery stores and you guys have like, 15 different brands of mustard.

Also, sometimes I really want to go to the states just so that I could try In N Out Burger and Chili's. I don't care what anyone says, I fucking love those lame ass chain restaurants.

Confession: I am having trouble sleeping because I am imagining my wedding in my head. Why am I doing this? I am nowhere close to being engaged and I don't want to be (yet) and yet I find myself imagining the guest lists and the inevitable arguments that I will have with my dad over him wanting to invite 400 people.
girltrouble
you and me both, polly, somewhere teeeeeeeeerrible.

lilacwine13
They had Quik Trips in Arizona too, polly. I love and miss them.

I wish the nearest Red Robin or Chipolte wasn't a five hour drive, those have to be two of my favorite chain restaurants. As much as I love the independent restaurants, the veggie burger and burritos from those are great.

culturehandy
Mind wanders at the thought of a caramel steamer as well.

RV, you dirty bird! smile.gif
pollystyrene
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jul 9 2009, 12:28 AM) *
Reading all of this reminds me once again just how different Canada is from the States. I hate it when people say that the two are so similar because I've been to American grocery stores and you guys have like, 15 different brands of mustard.

Um, and the problem with this is...? I probably have 8 different kinds of mustard in my fridge right now and I use them for completely different purposes on a regular basis. What kind of country do you live in that doesn't have at least 15 different kinds of mustard. I used to think highly of Canada....now I'm not so sure. unsure.gif

If loving In N Out Burger is wrong, I don't wanna be right. Besides, that's hardly a chain. They're only in 4 states (I thought they were only in CA, but according to their website, they're in Nevada, Utah and Ariszona, too.)
culturehandy
The grocery store I go to has many different types of mustard, and I have I think two or three different kinds in my fridge...

I should add that I am from Canuckistan, too. smile.gif
candycane_girl
lol, actually I read a review of a book once that claimed having too many choices when it comes to everyday things (such as grocery shopping) can lead to unhappiness. I haven't read the book but it was called The Paradox of Choice.

I'm still kind of mad that after visiting California once I didn't get to go to In N Out Burger.

lilac, your comment reminds me of the weirdness of American chain restaurants in Canada. ie There's a Chipotle restaurant right in downtown Toronto and yet Red Robin is only in Alberta and B.C. which would be a couple of days' drive.
roseviolet
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Jul 9 2009, 07:57 AM) *
RV, you dirty bird! smile.gif

Sorry to disappoint you all, but a caramel steamer is one of the most mild, inoffensive things imaginable: steamed milk and caramel. Delicious in its simplicity. Of course, you've all ruined it for me now! You dirty dirty things!

CCGirl, I'm afraid my ravings in the wedding thread this week have influenced your dreams. Well, that and the fact that you'll be attending some weddings soon. If I'm at all to blame, I apologize!
freckleface7
the dirty caramel steamer thing? zoooooom ! right over my head- once again. (btw thanks for the explination of FWB zoya!)

I love round robin but think chili's is highly over rated. it was all greasy the last time I went- no thanks!

confession: I accidentally bought the wrong style the other day and ended up w/ cotton GRANNY style underware and thought ' eh, what the hell, every girl can use some like these for certain occassions' and kept them rather than return them (hello Embarrassment?!) and suprize suprize- I love them !
they're uber comfortable and great for night time snoozing.
from thongs to grannies- I'm a complicated woman.

confession: I have a tiny platonic crush on a guy friend on crackbook.
in high school he was the chubby funny guy that was a "good friend" but not so much dateable.
I ended up dating his creepy older brother instead later on & That ended shittily.. but now the guy has lost a ton of weight & is hot. I am pretty sure I dated the wrong brother even if that makes me shallow to admit. dry.gif
(ps: it's the guy in a b/w photo w/ his hand over his closely shaven head)

confession: my heart keeps pulling me back towards the person in the dream the other night, even though my mind is screaming NO NO NO!! sad.gif
pollystyrene
Oo, he is cute, freck.

Red Robin's not bad. My problem with it is that they won't make a burger medium rare, the way I like it ("Would you like it no pink, or a little pink?" "As bloody as you can" is my answer.) and every time I've been there, the place is swarming with kids. There's so much stimulation in there, they just get whipped into a frenzy, and it drives me nuts. And there's no shortage of good burgers around here, so I usually don't go there. Chili's isn't bad. It's better than Applebee's. I think that of those chain restaurants, TGI Friday's is probably my favorite- they actually have pretty good wings. Not overly fried, sauce that has the right balance of vinegar and hot.

Oh, the granny panties...on those days where I don't have to go to work, especially if I have my period...oh, that's comfort. The ones I have are organic cotton and they're sooooo soft.

I don't see how more condiment choices could make you unhappy. Maybe if you're indecisive and you let it drive you crazy. wink.gif
culturehandy
and here, you don't get the choice of how you want your burger, restaurent will not under cook your burger. Some people have insisted on it, and I heard of one such case where the restaurent made the person sign a waiver should they get sick.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Jul 9 2009, 10:03 AM) *
and here, you don't get the choice of how you want your burger, restaurent will not under cook your burger. Some people have insisted on it, and I heard of one such case where the restaurent made the person sign a waiver should they get sick.

Yeah, I've heard of restaurants doing that in the U.S., too. I think some states, or may even counties/cities require it. Here, in Illinois, it's up to the individual restaurant, but most places have a warning about undercooked meat and eggs being potentially dangerous to high-risk people printed on the menu.

If you're using quality meat, like ground steak, your chances of getting sick are so low. Lately, though, I've been inching towards medium. Something about the rare meat and cheese combination has been bugging me whenever I eat it. Too rich or something. It's only when there's cheese, so I don't think it's bacterial.
humanist77
ugh-I remember there were TV screens implanted in the floors of the bathrooms at Red Robin. Like you can't escape a damn screen even to pee. It's probably been almost ten years since I've been there.

confession: I worry about something tragic happening to a loved one, yet I definitely still take everyone for granted.
doodlebug
confession: it makes me desperately sad, but I am thinking of sending my cats to stay with my mom for awhile, because my new lifestyle of pursuing music means I'm never at home, and I feel even more guilty for neglecting them than I do over giving them up for a little while......

confession: I'm gonna cry.
culturehandy
(((doodle)))

I fear how sensitive I am. I fear it because I don't know it. I've hid it for so long that hiding has become natural for me. Sensitivity is a huge part of me, but I don't know how to accept it. I fight it, even know. I feel emotionally weak for it, but in the same breath I know that my sensitivity enables me to be in situations others can't handle or emotionally deal with.
freckleface7
what I love best about round robin is the free balloons ! and yes- I always take one. tongue.gif
the mr & I are pretty partial to ruby tuesday's too; there's one in our neighborhood almost & we never have to wait.

doodle: it is a very loving act you are thinking about- sending your fur babies to your Mom's for awhile.
I know it would be hard and you'd miss them like crazi but you're thinking of what's best for Them.
I support you totally.

confession: weird dream about living in a sort of commune in a massive old red mansion. very communal living and being high constantly. I want to find that place and stay there always bc it felt safe and loving.
girltrouble
the best part about red robin is the liquor. i'm not afeared of a frooty drank, and they make 'em damn tasty, what's more, once i've got one down my gullet, i tune the little no-neck monsters right out. the only way i'd even notice a child is if i stepped on one.
that spells g-o-o-d drankin'.

oh... i just remembered that there is one down on the pier... a drunken stumble from my apartment. i'm gonna have to make a trip... yumms!
treehugger
We have a couple of Red Robins here, but I've never been there. I'll have to check it out one day.
kittenb
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Jul 9 2009, 08:02 AM) *
Sorry to disappoint you all, but a caramel steamer is one of the most mild, inoffensive things imaginable: steamed milk and caramel. Delicious in its simplicity. Of course, you've all ruined it for me now! You dirty dirty things!

What RV is neglecting to add is that a proper caramel steamer is licked off the person of your choice.
auralpoison
Confession: Right now I would step over a dying child if I could get me a double-double animal style. I tend to be uber-uppity about chain restaurants & fast food joints, but In-N-Out is utterly brills.
TheBeesKnees
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Jul 9 2009, 02:23 PM) *
I fear how sensitive I am. I fear it because I don't know it. I've hid it for so long that hiding has become natural for me. Sensitivity is a huge part of me, but I don't know how to accept it. I fight it, even know. I feel emotionally weak for it, but in the same breath I know that my sensitivity enables me to be in situations others can't handle or emotionally deal with.

I'm that way as well...I've been called "too sensitive" more than once. Sometimes I embrace that part of me; other times [like now] I wish I was a little tougher, had a thicker skin.
TheBeesKnees
And we also don't have In-N-Out Burgers here in NE...what the hell man?! I need a road trip...to eat...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.