Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
Persiflager
I confess that I've spent the last few days COMPLETELY OBSESSED with the new TV series 'Sherlock'. Damn you BBC for only making 3 episodes! Even if they are 90min long!

I'm actually just posting here because I don't want Busties to miss out on the amazingness. Go download the first episode 'Study in Pink', and thank me later (or curse me for starting a new obsession).

First and third episodes are massively brilliant, second episode a bit let down by racefail. Can easily be skipped.
deschatsrouge
Confession: I'd rather get a hysterectomy with a grappling hook and plastic bucket than take American sign Language from my bitchy-ass instructors.

Confession: I'm not taking ASL, instead I'm taking intro to sociolinguistics.
lilacwine13
Hello all.

I got shot down for a few jobs and instead of diligently sending out resumes, I am upgrading my phone.
damona
confession: i think i agreed to go to dinner with my ex that i ran into in town, since he caught me totally off-guard. crap.
archegonia
confessing: i used to be alone but not lonely and loved every moment but now i'm lonely and never alone
auralpoison
Confession: I think that it is kind of cool that I was person #303 to watch Cee Lo's single "Fuck You" on Youtube now that it has been a week & it's received more than 3,000,000 hits.

Confession: I watched a documentary called Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father & had myself a spectacular fucking cry this morning.

Confession: Sometimes I get so lonely & I miss seeing my friends. The people I'm friends with here? I can't say I'd be friends with in my real life. I don't speak with my mother's family except for my aunt in Wisconsin & that is maybe twice a year at best. I love my father's family, but they don't know the real me. I can't be me when I'm with them because they really couldn't handle it. Every ten minutes with them the conversation turns to Jesus or the Lord or God. Generally every tenth word from me is probably a variation of the word "fuck". I get tired of having to censor myself.

Confession: I'm so glad I'm going home next week because I really, really, really need a fucking hug.

girltrouble
{{{{{{aural}}}}}} i do so wish i could give you a hug/you lived in seattle.
pollystyrene
((((((((((aural)))))))))))

You should do a bustie hug tour.
stargazer
(((AP))) You know you could always call me if you want to talk about celebrity gossip and/or other things to distract you. We both are living in the middle of nowhere. I got the time.

Confession: I miss him. I did not think I would miss him being around after 1 weekend together. Damn. Just when I was ok with being alone here. sad.gif
koffeewitch
[quote name='girltrouble' date='Jul 22 2010, 11:17 PM' post='262170']

confession:i miss my two-toned, sharpened-to-a-point fake nails. i get a case of the sads when i realize that my (future) work will keep me from getting them, as much as welding did.

[/quote/]

confession: there are few things more beautiful (or sexier) in this modern technological age (at least to me) than seeing proletarian hands, hands that are rarely still, almost never in repose, but wise from use, calloused from hard work and sacrifce, yet tender and gentle. Hands that have patina and have been shaped by the world, the Earth, the dirt, the soil, soothing animals and sick children, or pleasuring loved ones. Hands that have chopped wood and carried water. Hands that have lovingly caressed pages of books and drawing pencils. Hands that smell of yeast and salt from kneading bread or of garlic, onions, fresh herbs, loam from the garden, wood smoke, paint and turpentine. Hands, in other words, that smell of anything but a nail salon.
girltrouble
@koffee: glad you think so. they're not for you.

i'm gonna assume that your intent was to say, "not having your nails done is ok too." but honestly? the way you did it pissed me off. i LIKED having my nails done. i miss it. it wasn't because i'm bougie, i'm far from it. i love the hard, blue collar work i was doing before-- welding, and i love the work i'm about to do-- tattooing. both take a lot of work and are hard on the body, but having my nails done made me happy on my time. i've already gotten blisters from working at the shop, and on my own time i liked my very useful, sharpened, fetishy, retro nails. they weren't because of peer pressure, or a beau, but because i liked scratching and hurting my play partners, and in my free time i did some non pro dominatrix play which i enjoyed. you may not like fake nails, but i do, and it does not negate the hard work i did and continue to do.
koffeewitch
@gt: You're right, I should've been more succinct and to the point. When I think of beautiful hands, I think of YOU. And I mean, YOU, girltrouble. Manicured or not, those hands of yours make magic. My inept rambling was meant to *celebrate* your talent and your new career; I wasn't trying to imply that you stink because you have manicured nails, and I in no way was trying to "rip" on you. (Honestly, have you ever known me to rip on anyone in the Lounge, ever?)
Take it from somebody who can't draw worth shit, anybody can get a manicure, but few people can wield a pencil the way you do. I was just implying that giving up the nails is a small price to pay. On the other side, sometimes small frivilous rituals have brought me great personal comfort and it was not my intention to make light of something that brings you joy and adds to your sense of self. Now put down that middle finger, girl, you know I think the fucking world of you... wub.gif
auralpoison
Thank you all for the love. I am counting the seconds until I get to blow this popstand for the weekend. Friends, sushi, & sex. Blessed, blessed SEX.

Confession: While I think GT's nails looked hella cool? I am too ascairt to even think about getting them myself. Seriously. I am a wuss. When I was eleven I spent a week with my fancy aunt in the city. This was like, '85 or so. She broke one of her acrylics or whatever & fucked herself up but good. I remember going to the salon with her & just being absolutely HORRIFIED by the whole process of removing/fixing her situation. Hence I have never had fake nails.

Well, there was a Lee Press-On moment, but the less said about that the better! wink.gif
koffeewitch
Sorry for the double post...I'm responding to your edited message.
Yes, I DID mean that you are fabulous all ready without the nails. When I re-read my original post, I cringed at the way the last line sounded; it DID come off as sounding very judgemental. I am sorry for that, after all, I certainly paint my nails, too, sometimes and have gone through years of having to keep them clipped short (which I detested) for piano/guitar playing. My intention was to be supportive, but I seem to have landed with my foot in my mouth and my ass in the air.
auralpoison
Confession: I HATE PEOPLE. I REALLY, REALLY DO.

I do NOT do the pop-in. I DON'T DO IT. So if you show up at my house after ten thirty at night without so much as a courtesy call, I AM NOT ANSWERING THE DOOR. IT ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN. MOTHERFUCKING CALL FIRST OR ALL YOU'RE GOING TO DO IS WASTE YOUR TIME & PISS ME THE FUCK OFF.

I am livid right now. They didn't just ring the bell, they were beating on the door & knocking on my windows & shit. USE THE PHONE!
girltrouble
koffee, i tend to be pretty hott headed, as i'm sure you know, but i thought about it, and you are pretty sweet, and wonderful, so i edited. forgive me if i bruised your feelings in anyway.

confession: the nails are a kind of sore spot with me. the girls at the shop were ripping on fake nails my first week there, talking about how tacky they are. it's weird because it's like i'm in jr high again, hanging out with girls who i constantly want to think i am cool, and,....frankly i'm wanting to give up on that enterprise. both of them try to be low key, in a "we're just dorks and geeks too." but i get the distinct impression that i'm too geeky, to weird for them. i love old country like they do, but i love some new country. i love tons of ez listening music, hard bop jazz, novelty jazz, godzilla movies, silly 90's slow jam soul, naruto, and i love the big hair, nails, and bombshells of the 60's and 70's. when i love something, i am an unmitigated, almost child-like gusher. i've been known to jump up and down and clap when i see someone or something i adore....

as much as i love them and the shop, i can't really make them like me as a friend, and it eats me up to be such a lapdog. so i think i'm going to try just concentrating on my work. painting and sketching, if we grow to be friends, awesome, but otherwise, i'm just gonna concentrate on me. worrying about their opinions of me just makes me super neurotic and insecure. no, i'm going to worry about one thing: being the most amazing tattoo artist i can be.
archegonia
confression: i'm not a fun mamma, when i havent had a break in weeks. its not fair to my monkeys and its not fair for me. IF I DONT GET A FUCKING BREAK SOON I'M GOING TO BLOW
stargazer
(((archegonia)))
damona
(((((archegonia))))) i can sympathize. i have to get out of the house and away from my children now and then or else i get tense and snappish, and then the guilt comes down on me for being a mean mommy. can you trade babysitting or something with someone? even just an hour can help when i feel myself getting edgy.

sometimes i go out at night and just walk laps around my apartment building, just to do something without kids attached!

confession: i've lost 45 pounds since april. ever since i stepped on the scale yesterday and realized just how much i have actually lost, all i want to do is eat. wtf is up with that? aggravating.
girltrouble
confession: i'm seriously crushing on #, the woman who i'm apprenticing under. it was bound to happen, she's my type in every way possible. tall, full figured, brunette, smart assy, and goofy as fuck. i know nothing is going to happen with it, i don't do the office romance thing, but i think she's supreme....

but, as these things happen, her boyfriend is an asshole. not the, i'm-a-macho-asshole type you'd expect from a tattoo artist, but the sort of pouting, childish, super passive aggressive, coming home at 6am type asshole, who i'd put dollars to do-nuts is cheating on her, which, with anyone else would suck, but one of her exes broke up with her after he literally slept with every single one of her girlfriends. understandably cheating is superhurtful to her.... but she puts up with his shit....

congrats on the weight loss, damona!
archegonia
thanks for the love gals. and damona you're bang on and my few hours to myself in the last few days has led me to my next confession:

i confess i think i want to delve heavily into the art of helping herbs be medicine... and it turns me on...

the realization flips a switch the size of the universe.
each teacher looks up from her pruning,
the sound of static. their ears pitch and the urge to yawn.
a message travels in coloured numbers
it smells of a rich soil under nitrogenous leaves
and feels of September

my paintbrush will love this.
i can taste the herbs, chop grate grind them
drink pick breathe them

i will ink a spell that braids purpose with plant
i will prescribe the poem with the tea
and womens voices will whisper the magic into being

they will heal from kissing leaf to finger tip and other steps
of ritual from start to 'so mote it be'. clits will ring with it,
the women will penetrate, blossoms will begin to twirl
a vine up trunken spines,
the planet, Her surface will glow from the light
of all of those umbilical chords humming delightedly back to life
deschatsrouge
I confess that I want to get excommunicated from the Catholic Church because it would be like a razor to the nuts to my dad. I know that if I sever my ties with The Church it won't sever the ties with the memories of my shitty life growing up.

I need to differentiate between the religious authority of the The Church and the asshole authority of my dad. Until this point I could not see the difference between the two.

The Church authority my dad used to commit spiritual violence against me has warped my ability to believe in a god, to trust religious authority, and to make any king of commitment to a spiritual organization (this includes covens, and the Unitarian Universalists.)

I'm so fucked up because of the shit my dad used to pull using religion. He forced me to go to a youth group. they knew I was a phag and used to do horrible and mean things to me. When I told my parents they said"you're not going for the social aspect, you're going to get closer to god." I was punished for skipping and trying to escape the abuse of those kids in the youth group. The adults there just turned a blind eye because I was a phag so I deserved it.

I really want to heal.
Persiflager
I confess that every other month I find myself in an irrationally pissy mood, can't think of any reasons why, blame the weather/my boyfriend/next door's cat, and then am astonished and relieved to discover that there was actually a reason. Yes, I suffer from PMS-amnesia.
koffeewitch
QUOTE(Persiflager @ Sep 24 2010, 10:45 AM) *
I confess that every other month I find myself in an irrationally pissy mood, can't think of any reasons why, blame the weather/my boyfriend/next door's cat, and then am astonished and relieved to discover that there was actually a reason. Yes, I suffer from PMS-amnesia.

Yep, every month I have a day where I feel exhausted, depressed and inexplicably tearful. And then (usually to my complete surprise) I start my period. Like, DUH, right?
stargazer
Confession: I'm addicted to really dramatic R & B breakup love songs. Doesn't matter if I'm in a relationship or not. I like this one. Oh, and I like this one too. My all-time favorite dramatic it's ovah, i'm gonna burn your shit song is Not Gon' Cry.

ETA: Ugh. I forgot about this one.
Persiflager
Koffeewitch, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
zoya
my co-worker likes to bring soup to her desk to snack on and she fucking slurps. It makes me physically want to slap the soup out of her hand when I hear it and I have to remove myself from the room. ugh.
pants
Zoya I feel your pain. This is how one of my coworkers eats everything. It makes me want to scream and punch and cry
foryoursplendor
My Mom slurps her tea, and it is so LOUD. Do not ever ask her to stop or point it out though, you'll get your head bitten off.

epinephrine
Confession: Since coming to China, the most difficult thing hasn't been homesickness or culture shock or adjusting to any of the unfamiliar things I've encountered - it's been learning to live with my incredibly obnoxious roommate, a fellow Canadian. Even though she's essentially a good person, I cannot fucking stand her.

Confession: When my roommate and I were assigned to the same class, which was way too hard, I transferred to an easier one partly just to get away from her. And when she began to consider transferring to my class, I tried to convince her it wasn't necessary, even though I knew my class was better suited to both of us.

Confession: My roommate has made so many rude comments about my weight and appearance that I've decided to retaliate by exploiting her weakness for sweets in a bitchy, passive-aggressive and diabolical plan to make her fat. Every time I go shopping now I buy a few bags of her favourite treats, knowing that she'll be powerless over them and will scarf them all before I even have a chance.

Confession: I talk about BUST so much my roommate mentioned joining. I told her that wouldn't be a good idea. I didn't tell her that was partly because I use BUST as a place to bitch about her.
auralpoison
QUOTE(epinephrine @ Oct 13 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Confession: I talk about BUST so much my roommate mentioned joining. I told her that wouldn't be a good idea. I didn't tell her that was partly because I use BUST as a place to bitch about her.

Tell her big mean ol' AP will make her cry! wink.gif
epinephrine
Dude, I would so pay to watch that.
koffeewitch
QUOTE(epinephrine @ Oct 13 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Confession: Since coming to China, the most difficult thing hasn't been homesickness or culture shock or adjusting to any of the unfamiliar things I've encountered - it's been learning to live with my incredibly obnoxious roommate, a fellow Canadian. Even though she's essentially a good person, I cannot fucking stand her.

Confession: When my roommate and I were assigned to the same class, which was way too hard, I transferred to an easier one partly just to get away from her. And when she began to consider transferring to my class, I tried to convince her it wasn't necessary, even though I knew my class was better suited to both of us.

Confession: My roommate has made so many rude comments about my weight and appearance that I've decided to retaliate by exploiting her weakness for sweets in a bitchy, passive-aggressive and diabolical plan to make her fat. Every time I go shopping now I buy a few bags of her favourite treats, knowing that she'll be powerless over them and will scarf them all before I even have a chance.

"Essentially a good person" and "making many rude comments" about your weight/appearance just don't go together in my book. What a rude, self-righteous fucking bitch. We'll all chase her from the board together and make her cry.
anarch
QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 16 2010, 05:51 AM) *
"Essentially a good person" and "making many rude comments" about your weight/appearance just don't go together in my book. What a rude, self-righteous fucking bitch. We'll all chase her from the board together and make her cry.

I'll be there too. Justice for epinephrine!
auralpoison
Confession: I do not know how it is that no male in my old man's family can wait until they are of a reasonable age & reasonable wage to sprout crotchfruit. Seriously. Almost every one of my male cousins has a couple of curtain climbers running around. Now the next to youngest one has managed to knock up his off/on girlfriend & he cannot even drink legally! This kid had PLANS! Now he's going to get sucked right back into the cycle of getting married/having kids too young & he's NOT going to have the magic umbrella of my grandparents' charity to keep him afloat. In short: he is FUCKED & his kids will reap that fuckage in their own lives.

Confession: I know the reasons why none of us girls has gotten knocked up. I wouldn't wish that on anybody, but jebus, family. Keep it in your goddamned pants!
archegonia
i confess that i really want happy wrinkles. the kind you get from smiling for decades. and i do smile. but the last year has been hell and now that it's leveled out i see a blueprint of concern/worry/sad wrinkles! if i smile all day, even when i dont mean it maybe i'll turn it around. if i look harder for happiness....

AP: love the expression crotchfruit
auralpoison
QUOTE(archegonia @ Oct 21 2010, 09:34 AM) *
AP: love the expression crotchfruit

Ain't mine, dunno where the Busties got it, but it stuck.

Also, (((((Archegonia)))))

Confession: I am so NOT proud of many of the friends I have here. Seriously. A lot of these people are so dumb & goddamn backwards. EG: I do not care if a person is actually from China, it is not appropriate for you to refer to them as a "Chinaman". It's just not cool. And it's even worse when the person is Cambodian or Lao or Japanese; "Chinaman" is not a catchall term for all Asians. Do not even get me started on "oriental".

Confession: I feel like such an elitist, PC asshole every time I cringe inside when somebody says something leotarded. If I were at home I'd flay some people alive for shit that I let slide here just because I view these people as largely being simple-as-a-motherfucker-Forrest-Gumpian. Which really isn't fair. But then, what the fuck is?

Confession: I had a friend that used to fancy herself model material. I always thought she was ugly. She wound up going goth in junior high. Now every time I see a picture of Marilyn Manson I can't help but think of her. Except his skin is somewhat better & his eyebrows aren't plucked all to fuckin' hell.

koffeewitch
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 27 2010, 02:22 PM) *
Ain't mine, dunno where the Busties got it, but it stuck.

Also, (((((Archegonia)))))

Confession: I am so NOT proud of many of the friends I have here. Seriously. A lot of these people are so dumb & goddamn backwards. EG: I do not care if a person is actually from China, it is not appropriate for you to refer to them as a "Chinaman". It's just not cool. And it's even worse when the person is Cambodian or Lao or Japanese; "Chinaman" is not a catchall term for all Asians. Do not even get me started on "oriental".

Confession: I recently ignored a forum post in which the writer said she "didn't judge anyone...not even homeless bums". I thought she was making an obvious kind of joke, at first. But reading the rest of the post, it was clear she was serious. So I just rolled my eyes, but left her post unchallenged so she can go on thinking she's the patron saint of openmindedness.
missjoy
Confession: My house is a disaster area and I'm sitting on the couch with my dogs watching Food TV and web surfing.

Confession: I just ate the last part of a bag of Sour Cream and Onion chips for breakfast

AP: does someone listen to/read Dan Savage? - love the term leotarded
foryoursplendor
I confess that I've been listening to "Come on Eileen" every morning on the bus ride to school.. and I like it a lot.

I also confess that I am very sad that the whole bust forum here is not as hopping as it once was sad.gif
missjoy
I confess that, although I bragged about knowing alternative and punk music, the songs I guessed in my work's music trivia were Milli Vanilli's Blame it On the Rain and Paula Abdul's Rush Rush.

I also miss the busy Lounge - I liked that I could always come back here and jump into a conversation.
foryoursplendor
QUOTE(missjoy @ Nov 2 2010, 06:09 PM) *
I confess that, although I bragged about knowing alternative and punk music, the songs I guessed in my work's music trivia were Milli Vanilli's Blame it On the Rain and Paula Abdul's Rush Rush.

I also miss the busy Lounge - I liked that I could always come back here and jump into a conversation.

Hoooooolllly crap, RUSH RUSH! I had many good times with that song in the early 90s when I was a child. Wasn't Keanu Reeves in that music video?
auralpoison
OMG, yes! It was a knockoff of "Rebel Without a Cause" with our favorite wooden man in the James Dean part.

I, too, miss the old Lounge. In a few weeks it will be the year anniversary of the Great Bustie Exodus. I knew the anger ran deep, but I had hoped there would be at least a trickle of returning Busties by now. SADS. sad.gif
missjoy
Yeah - I wasn't here when the exodus happend - so I just caught bits of it. So sad.

Also - you should totally watch Rush Rush on youtube. The video makes so little sense and then the last few seconds of the video are flashbacks... from the video. It's priceless.

I confess that I am putting off reading my book club book to re-read my Scott Pilgrim comic books!
missladyj
confession. I am looking at shoes on line and busting instead of getting work done for grad school
damona
i desperately miss the old lounge. at least some of the old guard are still here (or here again), but i miss the days when there were 3 pages in kvetch by noon.

confession: i'm having one of those utter-shit days where every little thing that goes wrong (and everything is going wrong) makes me feel on the verge of tears. i actually stomped my foot and screamed when the garbage disposal broke.

confession: i've yelled at my kids way too much today. i feel really guilty for it.

confession: i'm vaguely resentful of my husband for having to have surgery, simply because i now get to do absolutely everything around the house for the next few weeks. i mean, i do most of it, anyway, cuz he works, but still... adding in doing the dishes and taking out the garbage and catboxes along with really fun stuff like mopping up alone when the toilet floods (a regular occurrence)... not what i really wanted to deal with just now.

confession: now i feel like i'm just being whiny.
ketto
I miss the old lounge too. It was such a great community when I first joined...probably 5 years ago now. I hate going away for a couple of days and only a few active topics going.

confession: I confessed a while ago that I don't like french kissing. I confess NOW that I've realized I often don't like paperboys french kissing (at least not so hard ALL the time) so I've slowly started trying to re-program him. biggrin.gif
epinephrine
I confess that I don't completely understand what this Great Bustie Exodus business is all about. I must have missed the whole thing somehow. I gather it had something to do with the PTB deleting the Take It Outside thread and banning Girltrouble, but I could be way off.
auralpoison
QUOTE(epinephrine @ Nov 5 2010, 11:12 PM) *
I confess that I don't completely understand what this Great Bustie Exodus business is all about. I must have missed the whole thing somehow. I gather it had something to do with the PTB deleting the Take It Outside thread and banning Girltrouble, but I could be way off.

The Great Bustie Exodus began almost a year ago in the Busting Trolls thread. I was on hiatus for a week, so I came back après incident & all hell had broken loose. Steve had gone nuts, Busties got mad, TPTB got mad, yadda yadda yadda & here we are now. Busties burnt & hurt, TPTB still not giving a fuck about the community it never bothered to nurture & oh so cavalierly killed.

This place used to be so vibrant, smart, funny, & interesting. I met so many amazeballs people here that I absolutely adore. People that I'd walk through fire for. People that have had my back at the hardest time in my life. I'd have NEVER made it through 2007/8 were it not for Busties making sure I was okay. Because of that? I'll be goddamned before I let this place die. Not. On. My. Watch.

There are still great people here, I just wish there weren't so few of us. But what are ya gonna do? Folks have been fucked over one too many times, so they stay away.

It saddens me, it really does. I die a little inside every time I see that I'm the top poster when I've only posted twice in a day. Particularly when I consider the fact that I am a spectacular asshole & I hope that newbs don't take me as an example of an every Bustie*.

And the alternate community? I think a lot of us are so busy dealing with our other social networking shit that we don't post there like we used to post here. The lack of complete anonymity there also keeps a lot of people silent.

The loss of the TIO thread was a more recent bit of fuckery on the part of TPTB. I know Star said she'd sent an inquiry & would let us know, I don't think she ever got an answer.

And just because ain't nobody posted it, I give you: "Rush Rush". Dang, but Keanu is foine!

*Unless they are total douchenozzles & I have to work the kidneys until they're pissin' blood. Don't try me! I'll roll up my sleeves & put the BIG hurt on ya, motherfuckers! I got my pitchfork & my torch handy!
foryoursplendor
Thanks for posting that video, AP. It totally made my morning, especially the part where the music gets quiet and they talk about love and being alone. Lol!

I confess: I love Paula's painted on eyebrows, and her mole too.

It's true about the facebook stuff, I haven't posted there because I prefer the anonymity here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.