Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
missjoy
Yeah - I like that I can be anonymous here - I've never tried the FB group.

Does anyone else remember the Paula Abdul song - when opposites attract? In the video she was dancing with a cartoon cat!

I confess that I'm probably not going to do anything tonight other than watch episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - and probably eat potato chips!
anarch
I miss the old lounge too. Too bad TPTB fucked it up.

aural, you're indisputably spectacular, an asshole when the situation (or some idiot) positively demands righteous assholery, and are an all-around awe-inspiring complete package. The world would be a better place with more aural-proteges (sorry, never figured out how to do accents) running around. (perhaps you'd prefer minions?)

Confession: I'm dreading the enforced family time that is Thanksgiving. I'd so much rather stay home and be a hermit.
pollystyrene
(For obvious reasons, this is not going on FB)

My co-worker who got fired a couple of weeks ago for being dangerously unqualified for the job left her Facebook profile signed in on the other computer at the front desk. My office manager and I snooped around on it, found a letter that her husband's niece wrote to her about a year ago. Ex-co-worker did not get along with most of her husband's family and this niece was telling her off, what a selfish bitch she is and how dare she treat her grandma (ex-co-worker's mother-in-law) the way she does, and that she took her uncle away from her...it just went on and on. We decided to carry out some evilness and we sent the niece a friend request (from the ex-co-worker, of course). We accepted some game requests.

It's still signed in at work.
foryoursplendor
That is scandalous Pollystyrene... I love it!
auralpoison
Confession: The mere thought of having to do Thanksgiving gives me the fucking vapors.

Confession: The uncontrollable crying has already begun. I usually have a good ten days before it starts, but it got a two day jump on me this year. Hoo-fucking-ray for moi.
epinephrine
Confession: since my brilliant roommate turned my alarm off herself without waking me up this morning, and never thought to turn on the rice cooker with our breakfast in it, I'm eating cookies for breakfast.

Confession: my roommate's got a touch of the tourist diarrhea and likely won't be leaving our room all day, and I'm thrilled because it means if I go out she won't be able to follow me around like a fucking smart-assed talking puppy and I may actually get some time to myself.
auralpoison
Confession: There is a guy that I stay friends with on FB purely on the basis that he fancies himself quite the pop cultural smartcunt, BUT he's always WRONG. And I enjoy making him look like the fucking tool he is when he steps onto my page to proffer his wisdom. It's called Google, bitch, do your homework!
archegonia
confession: i'm going to have another slice of pizza. right now. and i'm not even hungry.
epinephrine
Confession: the last few times I've gotten drunk, I've gone overboard and given myself things to be embarrassed or worried about the next day.

Confession: there's probably a pattern, but I'm afraid to think about it.
zoya
I am indescribably, unadulteratedly, terrified. So terrified that I am nauseous. The ironic thing is, I should actually be in the complete opposite state right now.

missladyj
I just ate half a canister of pringles and would have eaten a whole one if it had been full.
genghis cunt
Confession: I am so broke right now it's sad. I am so embarassed and ashamed that I will barely be able to do anything for christmas this year. I just want to sleep until Jauary 2nd.
lapis
Confession: I am scared that after all this time and effort there will be nothing. How many years of life can one possibly regret? And I hate using birth control and hate being single--conundrum.
anarch
Confession: I drink cream. It's so good.
auralpoison
Confession: I have a serious problem. And that problem is called shoes. I love shoes, I really really really do. I can't have enough of 'em. I want. I desire. I COVET. It's how I fill the hole. Right now in my direct line of vision are fourteen pairs of shoes I have never worn outside of my home. It's like Imelda Marcos up in here! Were I not a hell of a bargain shopper I would feel more ridiculous than I already do.

Today I completed the trilogy of shoes I wanted for A/W finally. They are UGLY. I know this, but they make me smile. When I wore a pair out to dinner back home, my old man tilted his head & looked at me like a confused caribou, "Those were ugly in 1972 & they are ugly now." Thankfully he knows I am insane & he thinks it's cute, so I get away with it.

But the funny thing? Is that I don't wear shoes very often. When I go home, I dress to the nines with shoes & accessories & all that shit, but here in podunk I wear flipflops all the time.

I often wonder if this is how my grandma looked at all of the creepy fucking dolls in her "doll room".

Confession: I am kinda FB lazy & as long as I do not recall actively hating you, I will accept your friend request. The other day I accepted a gal whose name didn't sound familiar, but she looked familiar so what the hell, right? Yeah, she was a girl I was friends with in sixth grade that lived on the next block. We were supposed to ride our bikes one day & I waited for her outside of her garage while she grabbed her bike from inside. She came out of the garage, went into her house, & she never spoke to me again. Turned out she'd walked into the garage & found her dad had committed suicide by car exhaust. They moved within a week. Huh.
foryoursplendor
QUOTE(missladyj @ Nov 4 2010, 07:40 PM) *
confession. I am looking at shoes on line and busting instead of getting work done for grad school

story of my life, lol.
Persiflager
I demand pictures of the AP A/W trilogy!
auralpoison
They are fucking HIDEOUS, Persi. Seriously. And über fucking trendy, but I couldn't help myself because they remind me of shoes my mom wore back when I was a wee lass. She had a pair that were white with blue glitter heels that I adored. These are surprisingly comfortable for being five inch heels. The purple suede, black pony, & pewter glitter Litas. They are fugly as hell, but many of us could not resist her siren song. And she goes with almost everything. I have yet to come up with a non-cute outfit/Lita pairing. I can't stop playing with them at Polyvore.
Persiflager
Oh wow, just.........wow.

Those shoes have crossed the Hideousness Horizon into Awesome Land.
missladyj
I love the pewter glitter ones! Yeah for shoes! nice work AP
damona
confession: i am so incredibly glad that christmas is over. it is so much work and stress and money that i don't have, i really don't have much holiday spirit by the time it's finally over.
epinephrine
Confession: I've got exams in a week and I'm not studying.

Confession: I'm not studying because I can't stop reading Twilight.

God, I'm so ashamed...
archegonia
confession: i though i was too old for threes-a-crowd. i thought it was a sisterhood. i've examined my feelings thoroughly. its not jelousy, certainly not envy. its wounded. i feel sorry for myself. i feel as if one of the three is loved more than me. i feel hurt. i gotta go wash this off. its silliness.

another confession: i feel the dread descending again. its lonely and fucking boring being a stay at home mom. if i dont find a job in the next few months i'm not going to be able to support my family. and i need to meet people, i need to get out. i feel like i'm in a box.

uuugh, this feeling sorry for myself business is not working for me. i need a zap. some refreshing new energy. a babysitter...

zoya
QUOTE(zoya @ Apr 27 2010, 05:36 PM) *
confession: I don't think my heart will ever be happy. Everyone around me gets the good stuff but me. Even the people who are the biggest trainwrecks. I get good luck in my work situations and that's about it. Great. I think the universe just wants me to do everything for myself, by myself. I don't fucking understand why the universe seems to have it out for me in the personal relationship area and I am completely emotionally tapped by having even the best people I know, who are universally known as good solid people, go south on me for no apparent reason.

I feel like whatever light used to be inside me has completely gone out. I can't be that positive supportive person anymore. I'm tired of giving with no return. Everything just seems pointless. (don't worry, I'm too much of a pussy to do anything to myself, so I will trudge on, completely grey, empty, and hopeless.)

It's kinda looking like I FINALLY FUCKING GOT THE GOOD STUFF. Hanging in there, fighting the good fight, and learning exactly who I am and not changing that for anyone seems to have finally paid the fuck off. (Also a bit of serendipity helped) we shall see.....

damona
QUOTE(archegonia @ Dec 31 2010, 09:17 AM) *
another confession: i feel the dread descending again. its lonely and fucking boring being a stay at home mom. if i dont find a job in the next few months i'm not going to be able to support my family. and i need to meet people, i need to get out. i feel like i'm in a box.

(((((((((archegonia)))))))))
conbot
Confession: I LOVE filing my taxes. I just received my tax package from the government and now all I can think about is getting all of my documents so that I can get filing.

Confession: It bothers me to think that I may not be able to file until late March because one of my employers might be slow in mailing out documents. mad.gif
foryoursplendor
QUOTE(conbot @ Jan 9 2011, 09:17 AM) *
Confession: I LOVE filing my taxes. I just received my tax package from the government and now all I can think about is getting all of my documents so that I can get filing.

Confession: It bothers me to think that I may not be able to file until late March because one of my employers might be slow in mailing out documents. mad.gif

I also love filing my taxes, and can't wait this year! I moved, so I have to call a couple of places to give them my new address for my T4's. I'm afraid some will go to the old address sad.gif
auralpoison
Confession: I hate my memory. I always seem to remember much more than other people do without even trying. Sometimes it rankles. I know it's petty, but it still bugs me.

Confession: I wish I wasn't so damned boy crazy sometimes. They make me nuts, but I just like them so much!

Confession: I enjoyed the short time when your were alllll mine. I can't say that I'm going to like sharing you again. Especially with the one whose heart you broke & the one who broke yours. But we both know if it comes down to you making a choice it'll always, always be me.
archegonia
i confess: i'm hellbent on getting published this year. i will. yep.

i also confess: the girleffect.org intro video will not leave my mind and i'm so happy it wont. my broke ass is going to do something for the girleffect this year.

and thus i confess: nothing's gonna stop me

(thx damona, i cleansed the dread off. much fresher. clinging to optimism smile.gif love & light)
epinephrine
Confession: sometimes I go digging through Facebook for things I know I don't wanna know.

Confession: sometimes I find them. Go me.
buttercups
I second that confession epi- don't know why I do that either, but for whatever reason I can't stop.
sybarite
Although I have loads of work to do, I am on a kind of self-imposed 'go slow', aided by sleeping something like 12+ hours a night. I figure I need the rest after a very busy autumn, so I'm letting myself off the hook--and it's been lovely, like a half-holiday.

I am also bringing the cojones in negotiating conditions for a new work gig--I seem to have shed all timidity/modesty, which feels weird but at the same time I know it's totally warranted. Fingers crossed...
zoya
I was given a lovely, amazing (and as it turns out, rather expensive) bracelet for christmas. it's basically one big long coil of thin metal (kinda like a weirdly shaped slinky) and it's awesome.

my confession: last night, it fell off my desk, onto it's side, and it got all tangled in itself. the more I try to untangle it, the worse it gets, and it's rapidly losing all shape. I can't even figure out how to get it back to its original state at this point. I think I've completely fucked it up, and I've only worn it twice. I have no idea how to fix it and I really don't want to tell the giver because he'll be bummed. problem is, next time I see him, he's going to ask me to wear it. ARGH!!!!!!!!

sybarite: all parts crossed for you!!! bring on the cajones!!
sybarite
Zoya--bring it to a jeweller (even if it is somewhat unusual); they should be able to fix it. Better yet, if at all possible could you bring it back to the place it came from? Don't feel bad, you can't be the first person this has happened with.

I've been reading your recent posts; sounds like life is good smile.gif Happy 2011!
epinephrine
Confession: I just spent most of my evening enjoying all 49 pages of WTF Tattoos.
archegonia
i confess i knew what it did to epinephrine's evening and i checked it out anyway. i also confess that i passed judgement on some of those people.
missladyj
sybarite,
go for it. I say fuck modesty if you don't tell people how amazing you are how will they know? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks epinephrine for the link . Fascinating. really. Wow.
epinephrine
Confession: I give in. I can't fight it anymore. I......I love Lady Gaga.
pollystyrene
Epi, if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.
damona
in line with epi's last confession: i was at the thrift store yesterday, with little z, and lady gaga was on the store radio and we were both singing along and dancing a little. i felt like a total dork when i realized how many people were watching. but hey, he had fun, so what the hell.
jami
tomorrow is week #2 of school
coonfession... I am actually glad to be getting away from my bf at home

am I weird?
auralpoison
I completely understand why a lot of women do not align themselves with feminism. I cannot say I like it, but I so understand. There's a lot of strictly black/white, knee-jerk response, gross over-simplification of issues that sometimes make me want to tear my hair out. Some people don't have all the facts at hand & make these bold as brass grand sweeping generalizations about things & have zero capability to listen to any voice that does not tow their particular line. I am all for discussion, I want to hear what you have to say. But you have to be willing to listen to me, too.
epinephrine
Hear, hear.
archegonia
damona: f*ckin' eh! i sing anywhere and everywhere and everyone should be so happy

i confess that when the kids are *finally* asleep the last thing i want to do is apply for jobs. the jobs i need to support the kids. the kids that keep me to busy to find a job. to support the kids. that need all my time... etc.

i confess that what i want to be doing, and end up doing more often than i should, is eating microwave popcorn and reading robert jordans wheel of time series.

i also confess that i love robert jordan. even though while at first i thought he was a good feminist cuz many of the powerful characters are women, now i think he tried but missed. there is so much acrimony between the female characters that shouldnt be there. perhaps it was a reflection of what he saw in the world.

i cant believe i'm
archegonia
... still awake
buttercups
For the first time in 9 years I did not wish my ex a happy birthday on his birthday this past Friday. This is the first time that day has gone by without any contact between us. Confession- part of me still really did want to tell him happy birthday, and was hoping I would get a response in return.

I'm glad my logic won out that battle and I did not contact him. I'm one step closer to moving him completely out of my mind..i hope..
nbdx0645
QUOTE(buttercups @ Jan 30 2011, 03:14 PM) *
I'm one step closer to moving him completely out of my mind..i hope..

Good for you, buttercups. I've been in at exact same situation. It'll keep getting easier. <highfive>
momo
good job buttercups! that kind of self-control is hard but it gets easier with practice, in my experience.

Confession: I have been spending wayyyyyyy too much money on undergarments that no one's going to be seeing anytime soon.
buttercups
Aww thanks for the support ladies!

Momo I've been having a craving to do that too lately even though I have wayyy too many undergarments and I am broke! Trying to resist! But it's so hard when VS keeps sending me emails about their newest way to be a hot valentine's day slut everyday- I want to go shopping!
archegonia
confession: i'm so discouraged i kinda just want to give up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.