Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
auralpoison
Oh, honey! (((((Archegonia))))) You've come too far to give up now! Think of all that you have accomplished in the past year or so. Don't chuck all that hard work! Busties may only be a tiny fraction of the vast contingency we once were, but those of us that are here do listen & WE CARE ABOUT YOU! We're behind you 100%! DON'T GIVE UP! (((((Archegonia)))))
anarch
2nding everything aural said.

(((archegonia)))
sybarite
Thirding ((((archegonia)))) In different ways, perhaps, I have been there, and things get better once you've started them in motion (as you have)--it can just take longer than you expect or need. Take care and hang in there.
archegonia
this isn't the first time lovely ladies of bust have made my heart swell.

i confess: a few strangers just hugged me better.

i know you're all right. we're all fighting the fight and we're all going to make it. sometimes you just feel the absolute definition of the word 'discouraged'. like you've run out of the courage to keep on. how are we to live and raise our children when there's no work? sigh.

but you're right. besides mothers don't have the luxury of the choice to give up.

thank you, you're all beautiful
<3
foryoursplendor
I confess that I met a friend's brother this week and have a massive crush on him. I debated adding him to facebook, and then I couldn't help myself and just added him.
auralpoison
Confession: While I respect vegan (veg-superior assholes excluded) folks & their choices, I am horrified by some of the shit they will eat. I know it's fairly easy for me here in the sticks to be able to ethically source my food stuffs, I am aware of the horrors of factory farming, etc. BUT. I saw a recipe today for "mac & shews", which is a mac & cheese concoction that was just so awful sounding . . . seriously. Soaked cashews & *sauerkraut* are actually in this recipe. That pureed all to hell & a roux add the "cheesy" texture to the dish. ::shudders:: I'd rather die.

Confession: Do not try to tell me that I can't hang with a vegan diet due to a lack of self control. I've solidly managed to not consume Quorn or tofurkey in the thirty-six years I've been alive. THAT is self control. Not being vegan is not a moral failing, you little snot-nosed twit that's not even old enough to buy an organic beer.
epinephrine
I confess that I'm currently Facebook stalking a boy who I'm pretty sure I've never even spoken to before, but we've got some mutual friends and I see him around a lot at pride events and punk shows and he's just so awesome it's impossible not to have a crush on him. He's this totally adorable rockabilly gay boy with a blue pomp and chops and eyeliner and skinny jeans and tattoos all over, and he does drag and boy-lesque and random acts of fabulousness at pride events and stuff, and he's just so damn cool and I wanna be his best friend. I feel like such a creeper.

I confess that I really, really miss having a gay best friend. I feel like a douchebag saying that, singling out sexual orientation and all that, and it's not like a special criterion for me or anything, but I just really love that dynamic. I get along so well with guys, but at some point a combination of (usually unrequited) sexual tension and stifling heteronormative gender roles always come along and fuck things up. Gay boys don't try to fuck you and they don't give a shit if something's girly - gay boys just wanna have fun.

I confess that I'm planning to post a very cute and clever personal ad seeking a gay boyfriend on Craigslist when I get back to Canada. "Lipstick lesbian seeks gay boyfriend for adventures in fashion, spontaneous dance parties in the kitchen and tequila drinking. Must be fabulous." that kind of thing. I can't imagine what I'd find with an ad like that, but it'd be good for a laugh, at least.
archegonia
confession: i fall in love with waitress's all the time. i know its only that i'm starved for social interaction and that they're tattooed but i tipped her a moon snail shell anyway
pollystyrene
Damn, I wish we could still post images!

Reported and ignored.
archegonia
polly!!!! hahahhaaaahaaahaa!! *i* confess: i am absolutely in tears laughing at your post. and i also confess: me too!!
epinephrine
Archegonia: ditto on the tattooed waitresses!

ETA: six hundredth post! Yay!
auralpoison
Confession: I am so biting my tongue on calling somebody out on FB for being a hypocritical buttweasel.

ETA Confession: I am sometimes so disheartened by the world around me that I just want to cry & never leave my house again.

I am Little Miss Mary Sunshine today.
missladyj
confession: I am not interested in fb status updates about your baby's poop. I am considering hiding your status.
auralpoison
Confession: It's not gonna show up on my FB status, but I am weirdly concerned that I do not fart enough. I was reading something about gastrointestinal blahblahblah that said that on average most people fart between fifteen-twenty times a day. I? Do not even come close to that. At all. I rarely pass gas, usually when I do it's when I am having my daily constitutional. I asked HB if he noticed whether or not I was gassy in my sleep, but since he's usually asleep, too, he just shrugged. Perhaps my butt trumpet plays all night long & I am unawares.
jade
oatmeal every morning will keep you GI system healthy
archegonia
(ap, if you had a daily blog i'd read it smile.gif )

confession: he still knows how to unravel me. he taunts me and he hides passive aggressive threats in the poorly formed paragraphs of his emails. i know now that its not that he's being inconsiderate because he selflishly doesnt realize, he's genuinely trying to break me. i know all that and i know that i should heed all the advice and ignore him. but i confess, it just kills me anyway. it works exactly the way he wants it to. and i'm the only who suffers for it but i dont know how to stop it.
auralpoison
Thank you, Archegonia. Sadly, I am too lazy to blog.

I wish I had words for your issue, but if I am remembering correctly you have kids with this person & simply cannot cut him off like the infected pustule he's proven himself to be. All I can say is stay strong & don't fall prey to his douchebaggery.

QUOTE(jade @ Feb 17 2011, 09:46 AM) *
oatmeal every morning will keep you GI system healthy

I said I was concerned by my lack of flatulence, not by my GI health. My GI is fine & I hate oatmeal. I am just not consciously farting enough for my own satisfaction.
auralpoison
All respect to the veg folks, but goddamn, sometimes there is no finer eating than a thick, juicy hamburger. Cool lettuce, a fat slice of beefsteak tomater, crispy French fried onions, & homemade BBQ sauce on sourdough. Add a small bag o' salt chips & a big frosty root beer & that is heaven.
archegonia
i confess: that i'm a pitiful scaredy cat who doesnt check email or messages because i know they're full of hurtful words. so instead i torture myself for a few days of dreading them, i allow them to destroy me when i read/listen to them, and my kidneys squeeze up like raisins cuz thats where i store my stress. the worst is that theres no point. i must learn to let it roll off my back instead of internalizing it. its making me sick.
anarch
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Feb 17 2011, 10:42 AM) *
I said I was concerned by my lack of flatulence, not by my GI health. My GI is fine & I hate oatmeal. I am just not consciously farting enough for my own satisfaction.

Chickpeas always make me fart audibly. They're fun.

Confession: The oxytocin thrills were and are thrilling, but it's making my mind go into all kinds of stupid places. Goddamn. I keep wondering what would have happened if I'd let the hug go on instead of breaking it. Bad me. The grass is not greener. My mind knows this. It's just a chemical coursing through this vessel-robot made out of meat.

And yet I still wish I'd balanced on that knife-edge a little longer. We probably won't have another safe chance to do it. I can't stop myself from imagining the extended heart-fluttering that would have ensued.
anarch
Confession: We might have another safe chance to do it. I hope so.
archegonia
confession: hes incredibly sexy and many other delicious things but i'm still kinda messed up from the last time i loved
Three Days Darkness
The character of heretics of latter days. He exhorts Timothy to constancy. Of the great profit of the knowledge of the scriptures.
[1] Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times. [2] Men shall be lovers of themselves, covetous, haughty, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, wicked, [3] Without affection, without peace, slanderers, incontinent, unmerciful, without kindness, [4] Traitors, stubborn, puffed up, and lovers of pleasures more than of God: [5] Having an appearance indeed of godliness, but denying the power thereof. Now these avoid.

[6] For of these sort are they who creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, who are led away with divers desires: [7] Ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth. [8] Now as Jannes and Mambres resisted Moses, so these also resist the truth, men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith. [9] But they shall proceed no farther; for their folly shall be manifest to all men, as theirs also was. [10] But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, patience,

[8] "Jannes and Mambres"... The magicians of king Pharao.

[11] Persecutions, afflictions: such as came upon me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra: what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord delivered me. [12] And all that will live godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution. [13] But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error. [14] But continue thou in those things which thou hast learned, and which have been committed to thee: knowing of whom thou hast learned them; [15] And because from thy infancy thou hast known the holy scriptures, which can instruct thee to salvation, by the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice, [17] That the man of God may be perfect, furnished to every good work.

[16] "All scripture,"... Every part of divine scripture is certainly profitable for all these ends. But, if we would have the whole rule of Christian faith and practice, we must not be content with those Scriptures, which Timothy knew from his infancy, that is, with the Old Testament alone: nor yet with the New Testament, without taking along with it the traditions of the apostles, and the interpretation of the church, to which the apostles delivered both the book, and the true meaning of it.
archegonia
confession: its not my fault!!

confession: i'm grabbing life by the cunt
auralpoison
Confession: I find your twee Anglophilia offensive on a cellular level.
enfermera
confession: i think your favorite musician sucks. her voice is contrived, her style is dull, and her lyrics are inane. you just like her because she has a "sexy" accent.
Persiflager
AP, I am baffled by some of the Anglophiles I find on the internet - they seem to pick out the fakest aspects of Englishness to admire.
auralpoison
QUOTE(Persiflager @ Mar 18 2011, 12:18 PM) *
AP, I am baffled by some of the Anglophiles I find on the internet - they seem to pick out the fakest aspects of Englishness to admire.

Fer reals. I do not get the faking of some shit. I have a buddy that is/was very enamored of the whole thing & started using the WORST accent in the fucking world. In PUBLIC, no less. With ME. I finally had to lower the boom & tell him to cut it the fuck out because he sounded like a tard & was embarrassing me.

QUOTE(enfermera @ Mar 15 2011, 01:14 PM) *
confession: i think your favorite musician sucks. her voice is contrived, her style is dull, and her lyrics are inane. you just like her because she has a "sexy" accent.

I have a great friend, a friend I love. For the most part his taste in music is usually excellent. But his love of a lot of horrid female artists makes me want to vomit. I didn't get Britney ten years ago; her breathy, shallow delivery confounds me even more now that she is thirty.

Confession: I ordered a couple dresses from the UK back in early Feb. When they hadn't arrived after almost a month, I sent them an email asking for tracking info or whatever. I heard nothing, then exactly a month & a day from the day of supposed shipping I received my package. My dresses were gorgeous & perfect & worth every penny spent. Today they sent me an email telling me that my parcel was lost & that they have refunded my CC for the sale & would be refunding the shipping in a separate transaction. BUT I GOT THE PACKAGE.

I know I should call them & tell them I got the package, but I'm not gonna. I may just use the $145 & buy two more dresses from them on it. And use the 20% discount they offered me.
enfermera
The musician I was talking about was Katie Melua; she and her music have the appearance of being much more sophisticated than Britney, but that almost makes it worse; I can get liking Britney just for trashy appeal, but this stuff is pretentious AND bland. I suspect Bike Boy just likes her because of her "international" feel. It reminds me of the episode of Friends in which Phoebe caught a cold and started singing in a raspy, accented voice. And now I've probably offended some Katie Melua fan on the board. Sorry. I just don't care for her.

Confession: I think red velvet cake is the "Emperor's New Clothes" of desserts. I just don't get it. I mean, its tasty and all, but it just tastes like generic cake flavor to me. I suspect people just like it for the cream cheese frosting.
sybarite
Ah, Ms Melua, she who sang about all those bicycles in Beijing. You know, if I want fey female singer songwriters (which I mostly don't) I'll just go for Tori Amos or Tanya Donnelly or Bjork or Stina Nordstrom.

All those Anglophiles are going to have a blast with the upcoming royal wedding. I'm sick of the coverage already and I'm not even in the jurisdiction. WHO CARES?

AP, I say stay mum. Do they begin with an 'A'?
zoya
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Mar 18 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Fer reals. I do not get the faking of some shit. I have a buddy that is/was very enamored of the whole thing & started using the WORST accent in the fucking world. In PUBLIC, no less. With ME. I finally had to lower the boom & tell him to cut it the fuck out because he sounded like a tard & was embarrassing me.

the funny thing about anglophiles is that you never hear them using some of the REAL vernacular... oh, like 'feck off, you fecking cunty bastard!" just sayin.
Persiflager
Leave it ahhht Zoya, they ain't worth it!
archegonia
i'm treating this vaykay like i'm in the italy segment of eat prey love. i cant eat enough and i love it.
zoya
my roommate eats so fucking loud, smacks her lips, tounge, chomps, god knows what else, and I want to go into the other room (yes, I can hear her DOWN THE HALL) and punch her head off.

other than that, she's lovely.
crazyoldcatlady
got the new issue of the actual BUST magazine. it sucks BALLS. i mean, i was still a fan of it even as it was on the down swing, but seriously, the cover looks like a mid-90's 'zine but with none of the punk rock.

also, i miss the lounge. smile.gif
auralpoison
Um, there was a pair of Karen Walker sunnies I liked in the fashion spread (That I priced as being sold from $156-315! And they were/are sold out everywhere!). The Lee Price article was okay, I wish it had been longer, though. There was a also a recipe for a not potato salad that looked tasty. The DIY women in food article was also tasty sounding & somewhat inspiring. It's had me craving kimchee, anywho. All in all, it was a decent issue for the foodies.

I also miss the pre-exodus Lounge. There were some recent grumblings about maybe a few people wanting to return, but I doubt it.
archegonia
confession: i`m afraid of confrontation and i cant figure out how to confront it. the puny irony is true tho.
kinkyJen
confession: I'm tough when I don't need to be and when I need to be I'm not.
auralpoison
I. Am. So. HIGH. rightnow. Hours ago my pee was as clean as a wee cherub's tears. I am now going to pee positive-ly.
futura
I keep some peeps as friends on FB just for the drama of it. There's one and she's nice enough IRL but for the love of maude, stop being sooo dramatic and look-how-poetically-i'm-writing! Or...keep going. It's like reading my old diaries.
archegonia
confession: sometime my brain just wont work on job applications. i sit here. i job search. and then my brain goes AWOL and i apply for nothing. and then stress about what i'm going to do...
damona
confession: (cuz i can't bring myself to tell anyone irl, but i feel like i have to say something :/ )

i've been sick since saturday. went to the dr monday, found out it's pneumonia. i haven't felt like eating since i got sick. like, at all. i force myself to eat a yogurt cup once a day, maybe a bite of whatever i make the kids for dinner, but that's it. i've had under 300 cal/day since sunday. and i like how it feels. the empty, growly feeling in my middle, the weird lightheaded-ness that comes from not eating... i'm enjoying it. i've lost 10 pounds in under a week (i needed to lose weight, anyway, but...) i know it's wrong, i know it's not healthy, but it's like... i just can't find anything that tastes/smells/sounds good enough to make me want to eat. the idea of putting food in my mouth is unappealing. i was borderline anorexic in jr high for about a year, and i've had body issues all my life, and i know i should be forcing myself to eat, i just don't want to. anyway.

thanks for letting me put that out there.

(((((((((((((everyone))))))))))))))
archegonia
damona: are you feeling better? has that feeling passed?

confession: i have to get a new bust profile and i dont fucking want to. i love archegonia. i finally made it into the triple digits!
miniskirtordeath
Confession: When I was sick in December with pains I couldn't explain. I had a miscarriage. I didn't know I was pregnant. I've thought about it everyday since but only told one other person, him.
enfermera
confession: the term of endearment "hubby" makes me cringe and shudder. i think less of my friends when they use it.
archegonia
i love vulvas
bustywriter
I confess that I ultimately judge a man who misuses homonyms and I wonder how good he could EVER be in bed if he can't master 3rd grade spelling! Some may not believe the two are related, but considering that it's a complete turnoff when he writes "hope your day is good," or "do you want too go to?," I could never get past that. never.
ad_icniv
QUOTE(bustywriter @ May 25 2011, 08:35 PM) *
I confess that I ultimately judge a man who misuses homonyms and I wonder how good he could EVER be in bed if he can't master 3rd grade spelling! Some may not believe the two are related, but considering that it's a complete turnoff when he writes "hope your day is good," or "do you want too go to?," I could never get past that. never.

Interesting subject! Language issues

How about some of these:

- "at this point in time" as opposed to "now"
- "so, I was like"
- "do not hesitate to call"
- "definitely"

Could go on, but I understand your frustration.
archegonia
for the last week every time i'm alone i cant stop crying. i keep trying to tell someone but its hard to say and people just dont ask: hey man, how are you when we're not around?
damona
((((((((archegonia))))))))

it is 4am and i am online instead of sleeping.

also, i am very sad at how utterly dead my favourite site has become sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.