Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "I DID IT!!" Celebrating our Accomplishments
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
kittenb
Argosy University to get my master's in community counseling. smile.gif
snarky7
finally started my new job! i deserve this!
mouse
i had my one year review today, and not only was it glowing but apparently i was given "the highest raise we've given yet".
snarky7
woo hoo, mouse! way to go!!!
.eilleen.
QUOTE(snarky7 @ May 7 2008, 09:58 PM) *
finally started my new job! i deserve this!

Me too! I started on Cinco de Mayo. The drought it over. Huzzah!
gtull1
I ate the first healthy lunch, breakfast, and dinner today that I have had in a long time. I often eat a healthy lunch, breakfast or dinner, but I haven't had an all around healthy meal day in years. It feels good.
kittenb
In my contiuing effort to improve my damn credit I just made a payment on my finacial aid! And it was BIG! And ON TIME!!!
hellotampon
I am now a certified nursing assistant.
cecilia
I just graduated law school. And I have not smoked a cigarette for four weeks.

Congrats to you all too!
morganelizabeth
I'm almost done with my junior year of high school.
This year, I've been really terrified about not getting into a good college but after almost 180 days of suffering I have recieved:

-National Latin Exam-Silver
(I only got Bronze last year!)

-National Merit Scholarship Qualifier
(I find out in September whether I'm a Commended Scholar or a Semi-Finalist!)

-Smith College Book Award

-A "7" on an IB Math Internal Assessment

-IB Math SL I Achievement Award

-Art All-State Nominated and Accepted!
(Next Weekend!!!)

laugh.gif
zoya
I got published!!!!
auralpoison
EXCELLENT! Fantastic feeling isn't it? So very proud of you!
Paul_Tetrault
kittenb
I got into Grad School!!!!
erinjane
Yay! That's so awesome, kitten!!!!!
deschatsrouge
congrats Kitten!
geekchickknits
Congratulations kitten!

On Sunday, I paid a friend the remainder of a large sum of money he had lent me. I had been paying it back gradually, but then I looked at my bank account, looked at the remainder, thought about a purchase I was planning on making and thought "I can wait another two weeks to make that purchase - I'd rather pay my friend back."

Woo hoo! One debt completely gone! Only two more to go! And one is only a third of the original balance!

I'm getting my finances under control.......I rule.

Next step.....doing my taxes for the past two years......
missladyj
Congrats everyone!!!

I got my Master's Degree mailed to me on Monday! Yeehaw!!!
mouse
congschmatulations busties!

my team won 2nd place at trivia night! this is the first time we've placed! WOOOOOOO!
lananans
congratulations everyone!

I just got my undergrad degree in the mail!
humanist77
yayyyy!
I got a $61 tip for a $100 massage today!! Biggest tip to date!
crazyoldcatlady
after being laid up and in PT for 2 months because of a knee injury, i was able to run--albeit a short run--on the treadmill at the gym!
geekchickknits
Yesterday I put $85 in my savings account. It's not a lot, but I can't remember the last time I put anything in there. So, yeah me! Also, I'm only one pay cheque away from completely eliminating one of my credit card debts! Woo hoo!
lilacwine13
I finally figured out how to knit.

It doesn't look like much, but it's much better than my previous attempts.
geekchickknits
QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Jul 14 2008, 10:38 PM) *
I finally figured out how to knit.

It doesn't look like much, but it's much better than my previous attempts.

Way to go lilacwine! It personally took me three times before it stuck. Stick with it and I hopefully you'll turn into a complete fibre addict! *mwah ha ha ha ha*
lilacwine13
I've lost count of how many times I've tried to learn, geekchick. I guess now was the right time to learn.

And I'm a crocheter already, so this is just fueling the addiction. biggrin.gif
damona
QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Jul 15 2008, 05:07 PM) *
I've lost count of how many times I've tried to learn, geekchick. I guess now was the right time to learn.

And I'm a crocheter already, so this is just fueling the addiction. biggrin.gif

you know, i have been crocheting for over 20 years now. my mom taught me the basics when i was around 6. i have tried to learn to knit at least a doen times, and all i could ever manage was the absolute basic knit. not even a purl. i'm still trying...

i have 5 blankets finished and awaiting sale. go me.
geekchickknits
QUOTE(damona @ Jul 16 2008, 12:37 AM) *
you know, i have been crocheting for over 20 years now. my mom taught me the basics when i was around 6. i have tried to learn to knit at least a doen times, and all i could ever manage was the absolute basic knit. not even a purl. i'm still trying...

i have 5 blankets finished and awaiting sale. go me.

It's a very different technique than crochet. You may want to try learning continental style since it's closer to crochet technique although purling is harder.
lilacwine13
Maybe that's why I've finally managed to figure it out, I've been learning how to do it continental style.

Someday I'll figure out how to purl, but now I'm just happy I'm able to do something basic.
olivarria
I recieve my B.A. in a year, and I start studying for the GRE in December. For grad school, I'm building up the courage to apply out of state, maybe out of the country! I deserve to see more of the world.

-I'm writing a novel!

-I'm joining the campus ACLU.

-I went to the dentist this week, first time in 2 years. *See corn-cob up my ass thread for more details.

-I, too, am getting my finances together. And I'm trying to switch from coffee to green tea.

candycane_girl
I exercised for three days in a row, I didn't skip out on it the way I usually do and today I walked 3 kilometres! I'm really making an effort to get healthy.
geekchickknits
*happy dance*

It's gone gone gone! I completely paid off my credit cards today. w00t!
CandyMandyDandy
QUOTE(geekchickknits @ Jul 23 2008, 08:43 PM) *
*happy dance*

It's gone gone gone! I completely paid off my credit cards today. w00t!

IM VERY VERY VERY proud of you! that's a HUGE accomplishment i have the same problem as well so hopefully i can finish my payments too smile.gif and i want to save up some money at the same time so i can travel or something
vesta
I got the guts to quit the job I hate. 1 month of mental health madness before I go back to school.
faerietails
I got a job!! They (very unexpectedly, very out of nowhere, and exactly two days before I set off to move cross country back home) hired me as an adjunct lecturer at a community college. I went in today to sign the paperwork and make it official. I'm kind of terrified, and I'm still moving back home (the road trip starts in about 10 hours!) for the month seeing as how I have no place to live anymore, but I'm elated all the same.

My 14 months of being unable to find a "real" job has finally come to an end! biggrin.gif

*dream-humps robert downey jr. in celebratory fantasy*
tesao
YAY!!!!

*faerie tail flips for faerie tail*

erinjane
What timing, eh? But that's totally awesome! Congrats! biggrin.gif
Moonpieluv
Hooray Hooray for FT!!!!! That is just too wonderful!

*enter in FT's sloppy seconds with rd, jr. fantasy*

I am happy to say that I ordered an embroidery kit from sublime stitching. This is an accomplishment to me, however minor, in that I am taking action to feel creative and proactive again within my own world. I can't wait for it to hit my doorstep. I have oodles of projects I want to complete already... and yet, I've never embroidered before. I truly hope I take to it. I soooo want an art hobby.

freckleface7
^5 for FT !!! that rocks!
love it when everything falls into place like that smile.gif

moonie- 'soo want an art hobby' you N me too sister - frustrating isn't it? when ALL your friends do cool crafty stuff and you just, uh, Don't (or can't) ? I think I am still searching for the perfect paint by number picture of a floral still life before I attempt it.
good luck w/ the embroidery! I hope you soon begin to create your very first work of art smile.gif
freckleface7
ha HA I Paid the Bills!
it took me 2 long painful hours to make sense of the mr's stooooooopid & convuluted "system" but I do not think any ugly phone calls or bank hate mail will be coming our way for the moment and with Much *~Glee*~ do I realise I can SHOP (albeit small scale) once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my heart is a joyous songbird of freedom once again~
kittenb
I biked to work today. I've done that before, but never on my 7 AM days. AND, I was so afraid that I would be late I made record time. 8.25 miles in less than 50 minutes. biggrin.gif
treehugger
I paid off my home equity loan this weekend! Now my ONLY debt is my mortgage. smile.gif

Yay KittenB...wish I felt like I'd be able to manage riding bike all the way to work.
geekchickknits
QUOTE(treehugger @ Aug 11 2008, 12:06 PM) *
I paid off my home equity loan this weekend! Now my ONLY debt is my mortgage. smile.gif

Yay KittenB...wish I felt like I'd be able to manage riding bike all the way to work.

Way to go treehugger! I bet it feels great!
Moonpieluv
I can no longer beat myself up for not having more hobbies, for I now embroider! And I like it... and it's easy, and I'm finding it easy to be creative with it.

Seems silly I know. I bet there's tons of busties that embroider like it ain't no thang. It's a big deal for me because I have been struggling to find an arsty craft for some time now. I'd say 2 years. I was heavily involved in makeup artistry/body painting before, and when I fell outta that professionally... I was or felt at a loss for a creative outlet. Somehow reading just wasn't cutting it anymore in and of itself. I saw lots of my friends painting, crafting, always up to some sort of project.... I wanted to join in, but didn't know where to start.. and they weren't exactly inviting either.

I like that I spent 6 hours embroidering yesterday. I like that with diligence I can give Christmas gifts this year that mean something special. I like that it puts the focus on me. and not on the fact that I'm in a unfulfilling situtation currently.
freckleface7
yah yah moonie!!!
the last time I tried anything involving needles I ended up w/ thimbles on ALL my fingers and still managed to bleed all over the quilt that was being made, til they made me stop. hrmpf! mad.gif
I'm still searching for that creative outlet and would like very much to try paint by # (so I can actually hang them in my house) but I only want uber cool floral still life type pictures, instead of say 'dolphins jumping in the ocean in front of the setting sun?'

I tackled the gas-powered Weed Eater the other day!!
granted I broke the string against the fence and can't use it for now, but I also managed to get the attachments off & on to use to blower for it too and might even try the tiller, so I don't have to hand weed my lavender bed.
- yah me!
llamas
This is a fairly minor achievement in the field of snark, but I won the E Online contest to caption a picture of Suri Cruise. blink.gif
Link
Queen Bull
hooray! in the scope of musical ability, im teaching myself to play the guitar. AND after never having played, i managed to tune this really really old really really flat one AND get a scale down. woot.

and congratulation to everyone else here!
geekchickknits
More money went into my savings account! More (although small) money went toward debt reduction! I once again paid the full balance on my credit card.

Now I just need to stop spending the money I put on my credit line....
auralpoison
bump
deschatsrouge
I got up the stones to go audition at the hookah lounge for a Belly Dancing gig. Now I must wait for the callback.

I hope I get it because I loved dancing there, it must be my penchant for being the center of attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.