Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "I DID IT!!" Celebrating our Accomplishments
The BUST Lounge > Forums > As the World Turns
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
auralpoison
That's really cool! Belly dancing ain't easy.
faerietails
I survived my first day as a college professor! (The 2 margaritas I just had a happy hour definitely helped! wink.gif)
roseviolet
Wow! That kicks ass, Faerie! Congrats!
girltrouble
right awn, faerie!
Moonpieluv
wow...Faerie, I bet you did a great job! you all pro pro now! keep us updated.

((deschatrouge)) good luck! I hope you get that gig. I wanna go to the Hookah Lounge and give you 20's....
bunnyb
wow, faerietails, GO YOU!

The boy and I found a gorgeous flat in London on Friday and re-locate there in three weeks!
lananans
Go Faerie! And congrats bunnyb!!

I just paid off one of my credit cards! I owe ZERO dollars to Capital One!
geekchickknits
Right on Faerie! Bunnyb, that rules!

lananans, high-five sister! I know how good paying off a credit card feels. I can't wait until you get the bill that reads ZERO in the balance!
kari
Yay Faerie!!

Good work lananans!!!!

Bunny, that's wonderful!

deschatsrouge, I will be crossing my fingers for you!

anna k
That's awesome lananans!

Yay faerietails!
freckleface7
I faced down a place I had major panic attacks at today- and did great ! biggrin.gif
treehugger
Yay, Freckle!!!! smile.gif
geekchickknits
Go freckle!
vixen_within
That's a fantastic accomplishment in London, Bunnyb and exciting.

Lananans, you beat the devil!

Freckleface, you're obviously on the right road, good for you.
treehugger
I donated a fair bit of money to charity this weekend!

I survived my mother's funeral! smile.gif
freckleface7
tree: when I posted just now in the confessions thread that I was crushing on all the busties here, while I do mean it, I specifically had you in mind. and that was before I read this.
your grace and stregthn are just amazing to me.
((((tree))))

busties are the best.
pollystyrene
Wow, rudderless, that's pretty cool. Thanks for saving the world!

Mine's not nearly as impressive- I called/emailed my rep (Mark Kirk- blech!) and senators (Obama and Dick Durkin) to voice my opposition to the bazillion dollar bailout this morning. I've had online contact with them before, but never called. It was easy, you just tell them you're a constituent, and oppose/support an issue. They ask for your name and address and thank you for calling. That's it.
stargazer
Congrats polly and rudder!
olivarria
Guess what everybody- I am the new secretary of my campus' Voices for Planned Parenthood branch! I have never held an official membership position before - I am so excited!
stargazer
congrats olivarria!! i'm so proud of you! smile.gif
faerietails
i won my ebay auction to see equus on wednesday! score!

naked harry potter, here i come! (coincidentally, i hate harry potter and refuse to watch/read it...) heh
bunnyb
whoo, faerie! colour me greener!

rudderless, well done on so many batches for 100 words! maybe you should inject some of your massive creativity into the writing thread.

I am hoping to be posting in here later about a job unsure.gif.
archegonia
big ol' way to fuckin go's to all y'all ahead of me here!!!

ready... i'm getting published!!! my dirty poem about the librarian won second place out of 444 pieces and it gets printed and i get 50 clams!! figures my 1st publication is one i cant show mom smile.gif
stargazer
i wrote and sent my letters to file complaints against my former training site. let the shit hit the fan. such an emotional burden has been lifted. *sigh*

fyi, i won't be talking about the situation on the boards or in any place online until this issue is resolved.

i keep thinking of the line from PiL's rise "anger is an energy." it's been my mantra when i let the negativity to advocate for myself.

anywho....

yay for the letters being out! biggrin.gif
zoya
yay stargazer!!!!!!!

xoxo

auralpoison
Star, "may the road rise to you"!
emmmm
Today marks 10 months of not self-injuring! Yay!
biggrin.gif
deschatsrouge
Congrats Emmmm!
lananans
Congrats everyone!

I just found out that I have lost ten pounds from my weight in the summer!!! (8 from my weight when i started weight watchers) Doesn't seem like a lot, but I reached my first goal weight. I am thrilled.
freckleface7
hey emmmm that's great. I hope you keep posting here and supporting and loving yourself; you'll find a LOT of support in this community.

I made /created my first piece of pseudo art today w/ ideas for more! I am about the least talented as far as getting the ideas out of my head and into reality (that's where it all always goes terribly terribly wrong) but think I might maybe be onto something.

regardless, just the physical act of creating was Amazing!! my soul had ~wings~ today!
crazyoldcatlady
i officially got my post-training fellowship! i get to be what i always wanted to be! (aside from, you know, laker girl, disney princess, or trust-fund trash). i get to move! where there's sun! and closer to the family!
mouse
congrats cocl!! and everybustie

i spent all day walking from my house to the beach. this may sound tame, but it's at least 15 miles. i walked 15 miles. yeah.

ETA: later, i WON a parking fight! some bitch tried to take the spot i was waiting for someone to pull out of and i yelled at her so hard. i never do that! i'm always meek and deferential. but this bitch was like "i'm taking this" and i said "no, i've been waiting for it" and she just said "it's mine" so i just screamed "NO I WAS HERE FIRST!" at her and she didn't fuck with me. woo.
CandyMandyDandy
i finished the babies birthday invitations and sent them off today!!! woohoo!
grrrlyouwant
the momster and i got into a pretty bitter argument the week before the election, over prop 8; she was for, i was against. she's always been pretty conservative when it comes to social issues like this, but since she's loved every gay boyfriend i've brought home, starting in high school, i thought voting no on prop 8 would pretty much be a no-brainer. i laid out my arguments, stomped hers down pretty ruthlessly, and we ended up telling each other to just shut up about politics, since the other was pretty damned wrong-headed in her views. a couple weeks later we were watching dr. phil do a show on it, and i was rolling my eyes and shouting at the "yes" folks, and the momster was telling me to just drop it already, she was tired of it. then during a commercial break, she says quietly, "you know, i voted no on it. i thought about what you said, and you were right." and that made me so freaking happy, because we talked about it afterward, and she didn't vote no because i bullied her into it, but because it was just the right thing to do. so even though we lost the fight (this time), i'm pretty proud of myself for changing at least one person's mind.
yuefie
Last night for a belated birthday dinner for my sis I made lamb shanks osso bucco style, linguine puttanesca, roasted caramelized acorn squash, sauteed green beans w/ pancetta, candied pecans & lemon zest and served it with a hot crusty loaf of fig and anise bread & whipped honey butter. Everyone raved and devoured it with such gusto, even my niece who doesn't care much for lamb. And my brother who doesn't like olives, capers or seafood had seconds on the pasta puttanesca. My boy, the cook/culinary student, said it was the best lamb he'd ever eaten, and lamb is his favorite. My sister just called to tell me she was eating the leftovers for lunch and that it was still amazing even after being reheated in the microwave.

It was my first time attempting to make osso bucco and I didn't follow any one recipe. I just looked at some for inspiration and then forged my own recipe. I just had to share because I feel so proud.
mouse
QUOTE(grrrlyouwant @ Dec 5 2008, 05:59 PM) *
the momster and i got into a pretty bitter argument the week before the election, over prop 8; she was for, i was against. she's always been pretty conservative when it comes to social issues like this, but since she's loved every gay boyfriend i've brought home, starting in high school, i thought voting no on prop 8 would pretty much be a no-brainer. i laid out my arguments, stomped hers down pretty ruthlessly, and we ended up telling each other to just shut up about politics, since the other was pretty damned wrong-headed in her views. a couple weeks later we were watching dr. phil do a show on it, and i was rolling my eyes and shouting at the "yes" folks, and the momster was telling me to just drop it already, she was tired of it. then during a commercial break, she says quietly, "you know, i voted no on it. i thought about what you said, and you were right." and that made me so freaking happy, because we talked about it afterward, and she didn't vote no because i bullied her into it, but because it was just the right thing to do. so even though we lost the fight (this time), i'm pretty proud of myself for changing at least one person's mind.

this is so good it makes ME proud
Lily_Anne
I won a tshirt design contest for my club. We're getting the finished product in February. Every time I see someone wearing a club shirt, I'll high-five myself smile.gif It's so...public!
freckleface7
rudderless that ROCKS!!!!

I'm so glad for you !! smile.gif

I just ordered an anniversary gift for the mister!! that I've been so focused on Xmas shopping this is a feat! it's a personalized canvas plaque that says :

MrSgtT
Two hearts joined & Dec 28, 1992
Freckleface

w. the & sign being printed underneath the words so it's he & I. - clear as mud?

anyway our names are in capital like Book Antiqua font, whereas the wording is a soft cursive script.

we are at such a good place right now finally.. and both there Together and so Thankful for it..
I really hope he likes it and that it's not the sort of girly gift that I would go all sappy over getting.
flanker_ji
I'm really proud that I have a job I like and that gives me benefits that work really well for where I'm at in life. The fact that I'm making just enough to get by is even good, because I have built-in motivation for getting another career path underway once I start getting settled/complacent/bored with what I'm doing now. And yet I'm committed enough to being a school bus driver now that I'm already seeing how a higher level of commitment shows up in my paycheck. It's such a good feeling.
stargazer
I stood up for myself today and challenged the system. Go me!
crazyoldcatlady
yay star!
foryoursplendor
I've been working as an art teacher at an inner city community centre for over a year. It pays so unbelievably well, but the management is terrible. I finally wrote a letter to the board and executive director, letting them know about all of the things my boss has/hasn't done that have been making my job a lot harder than it has to be. The executive director read the letter right in front of me, and said she hadn't realized how bad the situation was and is going to "speak to" my boss. I felt total validation and relief.

I resigned anyway, because I know nothing will change anytime soon unless my boss is fired. I'll be off to do a tattoo apprenticeship soon. *sighs* Really looking forward to finally getting rid of old annoyances and moving forward to something that is new and positive.
ketto
Hey, FYS. I know you (I was formerly user erinjane)! Awesome about speaking up at work. Too many people are too afraid to stir shit up, but sometimes it's gotta be done.
pixiedust
I have been kicking my own ass in Physical Therapy and doing all the torturous exercises faithfully even though I am swollen and in a lot of pain by the time I go to bed. And I finally made the required measurements and accomplishments today so that I won't require an additional major surgery on my ankle and I'll actually be finished with PT in 2 weeks!
foryoursplendor
ketto,

Cheers, babe wink.gif yep, its a good time stirring shit up if its going to make things better. Grr, sorry if I'm not using this thing as properly as most. I'm a newby.
alluna
Pixiedust, that is awesome! Sometimes it seems like the hardest person's ass to kick is our own.
rudderlesschild
I've been going to the range with Two Beeps for couple of weeks, 'cause I hadn't really shot since I shot the Beretta in the Guard. He thought it would be a good idea if I learned to shoot his off-duty Glock .40 cal, just in case. Today I shot 60 rounds, and 58 of those went right through the "X"! My entire grouping was only 4 inches in diameter!
pollystyrene
I'm not into guns, but that's pretty cool, rudderless!

I paid off one of my medical bills from the surgery I had last March. It was # 2 of 3 to be paid off. Now I just have the anesthesiologist bill, but the insurance company is still decided what I need to pay. Weasels. They've gone back and forth about 4 times now about whether or not it should be covered at an in-network or out-of-network rate. The anesthesiologist was out-of-network, but the hospital was in-network and they can't decide what to pay.

Thanks to LeBoy's grandpa for kicking the bucket and leaving us some money, otherwise I'd be paying this off for the next 50 years.
twelve_percent
I got accepted into college!
olivarria
I just signed a lease for my very own apartment - my first time living on my own, with no roommates or family. More importantly, I just landed an advocacy internship at Planned Parenthood. I even get credit toward my B.A. for interning. Yay me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.