Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sybarite
I would like to resurrect the 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' thread, as I have a beauty related query. There's a newish product thread but I think the old thread got enough use to justify its resurrection.
tesao
laugh.gif
QUOTE(sybarite @ Mar 21 2008, 03:28 PM) *
I would like to resurrect the 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' thread, as I have a beauty related query. There's a newish product thread but I think the old thread got enough use to justify its resurrection.

syb, i think you meant to ask this in the community forum. i'm going to re-post it there for you.

kisses!
zoya
how can I delete myself as someone's friend? a new user added me as a friend - and they've never posted, don't have a pic, etc etc. and I'm their ONLY friend. Its kind of creeping me out.

ETA - and I got a message from them. I'm officially creeped out.
sixelacat
zoya, you can't. But, if you go to your controls you can set it so new friends have to be approved before they're added, it can't happen again. And you can add someone to a PM block list if you need to.
zoya
thanks - it's weird, because I DID set my settings to that, a long time ago - I've approved other people's requests when they added me, which is why I'm kinda creeped out, I don't know how this person got around it, unless somehow there was a glitch, or my setttings re-set themselves....
pollystyrene
I just got a request too (creepy!)...I don't know if this worked, but I went to my profile>>settings>>manage my friends>>check off the box next to the pending friend>>select "Refuse and Remove" from the drop-down menu.

I checked the weirdo's profile and I'm not listed among his friends.

Maybe it worked, or maybe it just hasn't updated yet, but it seems like changes to settings are usually pretty instantaneous.
zoya
pollystyrene -

yeah I checked, and somehow my setting had been changed, so I can't remove it but it will make sure I get a request first next time

oh, and BTW, I'm quite certain your friend request.... well I'm sure you know the rest. PM me if you want to...

vianne
I'm guessing that if you're not logged in or have an account you can't see a person's profile right? My family tends to keep tabs on me and I prefer it if they don't know every little thing I'm talking about on here. *sigh* I need to move away...
mornington
vianne, sorry - you can see profiles when you're not logged in (we've asked for that to be removed, but no luck); I'd keep information on your profile to a minimum and choose an avatar with no particular significance.
vianne
Well, I just logged out and tried to see someone's profile and an error page came up and said "You don't have permission to use this feature..." Did they perhaps change it recently or something?
auralpoison
I experience what Vianne does. If I'm not logged in, I can't see profiles & it tells me exactly what it tells her.
pepper
why do i have to log back in every time i shut my computer off? i visit another site with the same set up as here and it remembers me forever.
knorl05
i've been having much trouble visiting this site: it wont load and i have to hit refresh about five times. anyone else having this problem?

i dunno pepper, do you have cookies enabled?
crazyoldcatlady
i get a lot of this "IPS error" bs lately...
pepper
many cookies, yum. i get the ips too, this site is buggy.
pollystyrene
Yeah, something's going on- I can't scroll down the page past OBOH, and half the time when I click on something today, I get an error message (just a general "Internet Explorer cannot process your request" or something.)
deepthinker
I just joined, and tried to make a new thread in the sex forum, but found I could not. Why?
pollystyrene
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can start a thread. It weeds out the trolls who just want to post their garbage.

I am getting that IPS Driver Error more and more, and for longer periods of time and it's preventing me from posting. mad.gif
deepthinker
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Apr 20 2008, 10:27 AM) *
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can start a thread. It weeds out the trolls who just want to post their garbage.

I am getting that IPS Driver Error more and more, and for longer periods of time and it's preventing me from posting. mad.gif

Ah I see, how many would you need?
bunnyb
QUOTE(deepthinker @ Apr 20 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Ah I see, how many would you need?

laugh.gif

deepthinker, I think you have missed pollystyrene's point: there is a limit to the amount of posts you need before you can create a post because we try to weed out superfluous threads. Please propose your new thread in the Community Forum to generate interest and you'll probably find that whatever it is you have to discuss can fit perfectly well into an existing thread.
deepthinker
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Apr 20 2008, 03:26 PM) *
laugh.gif

deepthinker, I think you have missed pollystyrene's point: there is a limit to the amount of posts you need before you can create a post because we try to weed out superfluous threads. Please propose your new thread in the Community Forum to generate interest and you'll probably find that whatever it is you have to discuss can fit perfectly well into an existing thread.

No I got that, was just wondering if there was a certain number, but nevermind lol. So far I've found what I've wanted to post has fit in some existing thread anyway, as you said.
auralpoison
HOLY CRAP! I thought it was just my bassackwards ISP that was fucking up my Bust. I keep getting those same error messages & it's pissing me the fuck off.
pollystyrene
I don't know if this has to do with that ISP thing (it seemed to occur recently, since the IPS thing started happening more and more), but after I check a thread, the little icon next to it doesn't "gray out" indicating that I've read it and there are no new posts. It's only in some threads though, but most of the threads I regularly check.
dj-bizmonkey
can some one please explain to me, step by step, how i use the quote button? i see newbies doing it all the time and for whatever reason, i can't master it. spanks!!

pollystyrene, that sometimes happens to be, but it's typically when i get booted out because my computer switches to a different wireless network for some reason and i get automatically logged out....probably just specific to me.
bunnyb
QUOTE(dj-bizmonkey @ Apr 27 2008, 03:22 PM) *
can some one please explain to me, step by step, how i use the quote button? i see newbies doing it all the time and for whatever reason, i can't master it. spanks!!

dj_biz, do you see the quote button on bottom right of post, beside reply? hit that (on the post you want to quote) and then hit new reply (well I hit new reply all the time but I don't know what the differences between that and reply and fast reply are!) and the quote will appear in the box and you post beneath/around.

I quoted you to make sure it worked!

As for the driver errors, I receive that message occasionally ... not sure if it depends what browser you're using? I use firefox and I'm on a mac.
dj-bizmonkey
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Apr 27 2008, 09:33 AM) *
dj_biz, do you see the quote button on bottom right of post, beside reply? hit that (on the post you want to quote) and then hit new reply (well I hit new reply all the time but I don't know what the differences between that and reply and fast reply are!) and the quote will appear in the box and you post beneath/around.

I quoted you to make sure it worked!

As for the driver errors, I receive that message occasionally ... not sure if it depends what browser you're using? I use firefox and I'm on a mac.

just testing it out! thank you bunnyb!
damona
ips driver errors are driving me crazy! half the time, i end up copying and emailing my posts to myself so that i can try it again later without having to rewrite it all! what is going on with this?? and what the hell is an ips driver, anyway????
falljackets
true dat! double true. ph34r.gif
roseviolet
Ditto! I couldn't access the Lounge for multiple hours today. What's going on?
obelix2
AHA! "Invision Power Services". That solves it, or maybe not. I tried posting for a half-hour this afternoon before giving up.

(I swear I'm not stalking you roseviolet)
retro kitten
how do I get the posts in each thread to display from oldest to newest? at the moment it's a bit confusing reading from newest to oldest.

thanks. smile.gif
pollystyrene
You don't. The mob has spoken, and that's what we chose. Sorry.
auralpoison
Has the number of posts before starting new threads been abandoned? I'm just curious as a newb started a new thread(Fairly pointless as it pretty much exists elsewhere.) without vetting & with only two posts. What gives?
LoungeLady
QUOTE(auralpoison @ May 20 2008, 08:42 AM) *
Has the number of posts before starting new threads been abandoned? I'm just curious as a newb started a new thread(Fairly pointless as it pretty much exists elsewhere.) without vetting & with only two posts. What gives?

The settings don't look like they've been changed. unsure.gif

Do you have a link to this thread? I searched around a bit and couldn't find it.
auralpoison
I PM'd you the deets, LL.
LoungeLady
Just FYI for anyone reading... post-requirements for starting a new thread have not been changed.

Happy Lounging! happy.gif
i_am_jan
What'sup B-girls?

Hey, I've been looking for the old thread that's for comments regarding the magazine, the current issue, etc. I forget what it's called exactly, but I thought it was in Media Whores. Anyway, I can't find it. Am I blind? Is it gone? Am I crazy? Help me out gurus... smile.gif~
kittenb
QUOTE(i_am_jan @ May 23 2008, 12:49 PM) *
Hey, I've been looking for the old thread that's for comments regarding the magazine, the current issue, etc. I forget what it's called exactly, but I thought it was in Media Whores. Anyway, I can't find it. Am I blind? Is it gone? Am I crazy? Help me out gurus... smile.gif~

Were you looking for Bust: Discuss? I bumped it for you.
kittenb
Gosh darn it to heck and back!
pollystyrene
Is there a limit on how many images we can post? I'm trying to reply in the Survey thread, and it leaves off my last image, telling me that I've posted more images than I'm allowed to (or I'm trying to post more images than I'm allowed to, I should say.)
LoungeLady
Yup, there is a limit of 10 images per post!

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ May 28 2008, 09:59 AM) *
Is there a limit on how many images we can post? I'm trying to reply in the Survey thread, and it leaves off my last image, telling me that I've posted more images than I'm allowed to (or I'm trying to post more images than I'm allowed to, I should say.)
pollystyrene
Ah, maybe that's why there's only 10 questions in each set. Thanks!
culturehandy
LL, do you know why so many of us are getting the ISP drive error?
LoungeLady
Hmmmmm, have any of you ladies been getting these errors in the past week? huh.gif

We did have a database issue earlier, which would have caused these errors, but that's since been resolved.

QUOTE(culturehandy @ May 28 2008, 10:35 AM) *
LL, do you know why so many of us are getting the ISP drive error?
pollystyrene
Personally, I haven't gotten the IPS driver this week (last week and the week before it was bad) but yesterday, from about 3:00CST on, the whole site was down- server could not be found or something.
kittenb
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ May 28 2008, 09:34 AM) *
Ah, maybe that's why there's only 10 questions in each set. Thanks!

When I did the first pic survey I was working w/about 17 questions. I was very frustrated when I realized that there was a limit.It wasn't a big deal, more of an eye-rolling frustration. So all other pic survey have to be only ten pictures.
pollystyrene
No big deal, I just didn't remember it being an issue before. Thanks for providing the fun surveys, kitten!!
LoungeLady
Anyone else getting errors when browsing the Lounge or the BUST site in general? sad.gif

Post and let me know if you do (and what the message says)!
damona
LL, i keep getting messages that say that the server has timed out... not so much the ips driver errors anymore.
deschatsrouge
I'm getting those too. They are annoying as heck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.