Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
LoungeLady
hey - I replied in the other thread, but the art director and marketing peeps felt the changing backgrounds were too distracting, and liked the black and white stripey one the best. It's the same across the entire site now. Sorry 'bout that!
candycane_girl
I think it would be cool if we could choose our own background (I don't know if that's doable). I liked the white one with the hearts the best. As I said before, this background makes me feel like I'm trapped in Hot Topic.
popelizbet
I used to be zendreads here, back again and saying hello.
tesao
*runs into thread screaming ZEN ZEN ZEN!!!!!*

*flings self at zendreads*

i have meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeced you!!!! welcome home, darling!

i can't believe how long it's been! i've been living in africa for almost 3 years!

YAY!!! how supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to see you!!!!!

HUGE HUGS!!!
mouse
crossposting in the community forum since i don't think this thread gets read much but i've found that image links aren't working. it's been happening for a while; the tags don't embed. they just read as regular text. exhibit:

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2940945086_8448223ece.jpg[/img]

to me that just reads as text....is anyone else seeing a photo?

help?
pinkdivawonders
Anyone need any Halloween costumes or sexy nighties for hubby? I found some really GREAT looking ones and reasonable in price!

http://www.adultpinkparties.com
pollystyrene
This is getting ridiculous. Why can't we have one of those Captcha things here for newbies, for say the first 25 posts? It's completely ruining threads!
culturehandy
I agree, I also think newbies should be banned from posting links...
bunnyb
Oops, wrong thread.
lopie313
So back to the reason for the thred.......

I'm having a slight problem with things in my life and i would love some suggestions/help.

First problem: I have a boyfriend of 3 years and i love him dearly. but lately i have been having little crushes on other guys. and they aren't just any guys. One was a co-worker/close friend and another was a good friend of 10 years. I don't know what to do about it.

Another problem and this is a bigger one is that I'm at that point in my life that i should know what i want to do for the rest of my life. But i don't know what i want. Do i finish college, what should i major in, Media Studies or teaching, Move back to my hometown or stay in LA. these are the things that keep running through my mind

What i want is to finish school and start a career and then have a family. But at the moment needing money to pay rent and to live is pushing my main priorities back and putting work in front of school.
How do i manage my time so that i can work and finish school with out having to worry about falling a test or paying my rent.

all i know is i need help lol sad.gif
culturehandy
Well, this thread is about TECH problems with the website and how we can improve things with the website. That's why the thread title is the new lounge -- problems, suggestions and stuff.

If you are having problems with your boy, then I would check out the mating game, there are many threads there.

If it's finances, we also have a debt thread.
auralpoison
QUOTE(lopie313 @ Feb 9 2009, 02:41 PM) *
So back to the reason for the thred.......

Actually, this thread is for problems with the board, not personal problems.

First problem: I have a boyfriend of 3 years and i love him dearly. but lately i have been having little crushes on other guys. and they aren't just any guys. One was a co-worker/close friend and another was a good friend of 10 years. I don't know what to do about it.

This could be best addressed in The Mating Game. It's our relationship forum. You'll find like minded birds there.

Another problem and this is a bigger one is that I'm at that point in my life that i should know what i want to do for the rest of my life. But i don't know what i want. Do i finish college, what should i major in, Media Studies or teaching, Move back to my hometown or stay in LA. these are the things that keep running through my mind.

I'd hit Working Girls for this.

What i want is to finish school and start a career and then have a family. But at the moment needing money to pay rent and to live is pushing my main priorities back and putting work in front of school.
How do i manage my time so that i can work and finish school with out having to worry about falling a test or paying my rent.

Again, I'd hit Working Girls or maybe F&F.
culturehandy
I just bumped the debt thread.
lopie313
Oh ok I'm sorry i thought the board was for all types of problems sry
angie_21
I have a question about updating my profile - I wanted to add my interests, but it keeps saying I have an error because of an "illegal" birthdate (lol, illegal!) I left the birthdays blank for privacy reasons, but it won't recognize the blanks and it won't save any other changes to the page that way. Is there a way around this, or do I just have to make up a number?
pollystyrene
Try putting in a birthday (fake, real, whatever), adding what you want to add, then ditch the birthday. Or just pick a fake birthday and keep it there. I'm pretty sure a lot of people do it- there's no way that many people have a January 1st birthday around here! (Now, whatever's nine months after New Years, maybe! wink.gif )
angie_21
Thanks, I'll do that!
rclovely
Hi all,
I;m new here and I tried to start a new thread regarding a question I have, but was not permitted to start a new thread (cuz I'm new?) So I figured that this might be the forum in which to pose the question.
My guy and I are tying the knot, and we're in search of less than traditional rings. We're looking for something in silver, maybe silver/gold combo; a basic band with maybe a braided type of design. We'd like to keep costs down and, as artists ourselves, always prefer to buy from artisans, craftsers, and small independent chains. If anyone can recommend a jewelry maker or a link, please do so!

kittenb
Welcome rclovely! Yes, there are restrictions on new members starting threads because often an existing thread exists for what the person is looking for. You will find the wedding thread here.

Enjoy!
starship
I have "-1 New Messages"
(yes minus)
what is the meaning of this
quantumspice
-1 New Messages means that someone tracked a PM sent to you and deleted it before you read it.
girltrouble
*is still so tickled to see quantum back*

hi quantum!
*waves with a big ol' silly grin on her face*
tommynomad
Hello BUSTies,

Some posts say "site," others say "lounge." I'm going to assume the former and ask:

Has anyone else been locked out of BUST SheMail? I try to log in but get a message that my "account has been suspended."

I've sent emails to people at Bust and to the company that provides the email service, and received no answers. Meanwhile, I've been without my #1 email for almost 2 weeks!!

If anyone has any advice, or names of admins to contact, please pass them along. Life without email access is nutso!
girltrouble
debbie is kinda the end of the road, tommy. she occasionally pays attention to my emails. i'll email her about your problem!

*fingers crossed*
ErikaB
Hello! I was wondering if there is a thread about gluten-free cooking or celiac disease? I searched but didn't find one. Wanted to double check.
auralpoison
This thread is more about actual problems with the site itself, not with not being able to find stuff on it. Try the Community Forum from now on & you should receive prompt help with your queries.

Well, there is the digestive issues thread. There is also the When the Food You Love Hates You thread.. You will note that the threads didn't get much play, but feel free to try for resurrection.

As far as gluten free cooking goes, you might want to check out this most fantastic of sites, WholeKitchen
pollystyrene
I'm trying to change my avatar. I think it's within the size limits, and I tried my patented trick of saving it through Adobe ImageReady, but I keep getting the error message, "The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem."

Huh?

Any suggestions for ways to try to fix it myself or who I should contact?

Doh! And it took away my current avatar. mad.gif
girl_logic
Hm, maybe you should try clearing your cache/cookies.
pollystyrene
Nope, didn't help.
girltrouble
have you checked the pixel size, not just the memory size?
pollystyrene
It's 11k and 80 x 46 pixels....should fit, right?
girltrouble
90 pixels by 90 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png
could it be the format? you can edit graphic online at aviary.com you can try using that to refilter. you've got everything else taken care of.
pollystyrene
It's a .jpg. I tried that aviary program, upon your suggestion and used the Image Editor (Phoenix) program. I tried to upload my file and it said "File Download Error: Invalid Data"....it's just a regular jpg- wtf?
girltrouble
it sounds like there might be some problem with the picture you have. my guess is the info in it might be corrupt in some way. if you found it on the interwebs, i would try to download it again, or use a screen capture and then crop it down. hopefully that should solve the problem.
auralpoison
Is anybody else's clock off? The Bust clock seems to be about sixteen minutes behind mine. I KNOW that it's 3:20, but this is gonna post as 3:04.
pollystyrene
Mine's worse than that, ap- it's set to US Central Time, which is currently 8:35am. My clock says it's 7:18am. WTF?
auralpoison
Huh. Well I'm glad to know it's not just me, I guess.
bustygirl
Anyone else having trouble changing their avatar photo? I have an awesome picture of my kid's milk mustache, but I cant upload it. It's under 100k, and it's a 149x149 jpg. Any suggestions?
girl_logic
Yes you're the third person so far who's noticing it. Maybe they'll get to it after the weekend if you report it too?
bustygirl
Okay. I thought I was doing something wrong. Our PC is summat touchy.
culturehandy
my time has been fuckered for weeks now.
girl_logic
Has anyone received a reply about the avatar problem?
MadameHooch
Not really sure where I should be posting this, so I'm just gonna take a shot and ask on here - is there any thread about traveling on here? I can't find it if there is! Thanks smile.gif
pollystyrene
QUOTE(MadameHooch @ Aug 30 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Not really sure where I should be posting this, so I'm just gonna take a shot and ask on here - is there any thread about traveling on here? I can't find it if there is! Thanks smile.gif

Yep, here it is. Thanks for not starting a new one!

Just so you know, when you click on the sections of the board, it only shows the most recently posted-in threads. If you go down to the bottom, you can tell it to show all the threads in the section. Then you'll be able to find the older stuff!
MadameHooch
Okay, good to know. Thanks for helping!
treehugger
say, I was wondering if there is a way to go straight to work-safe mode without logging in? I use a shared computer at work so I don't log in to Bust when I use it, but the leopard print is pretty blatant. ??

A different address or something?
girl_logic
No treehugger there isn't. The only way I've discovered is to check the 'keep me logged in' box, which has its OWN perils...
culturehandy
Here's my beef, people who haven't validated being able to check out threads and member profiles.

I think that until you are a member, you can't check out shit.
auralpoison
What about the guests that lurk? We get a LOT of guest traffic; at any given time there may not be a legit Bustie on, but there will be plenty of guests hanging about looking at whatever they like. Right now there are 69 guests, five Busties, & Steve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.