Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
inv_board
Welcome to the new Lounge, powered by Invision Board. There are all kinds of new features and options here, which we hope you'll enjoy. Check out the news thread for more info about all the new functions: ignoring posters, email privacy, and more. But if you run into trouble, or have other things you'd like to swee tweaked, discuss that here.
zora
I'm having a hard time uploading an avatar. I have a nice, tidy little jpeg and it's the right size but when I try to upload it says "upload failed. Contact administrator."
lore wolf
Um... Dingo-related emergency here : (

I'm long-time member lorewolf, and yet the new board won't accept my old password/username combo. To make it worse, when I went through the "Trouble remembering your password?" thingie, I'm not sure which email address it sent the info to : / I've been a member for so long that my old email addres might no longer exist. It didn't show up in my BUST email address (which oddly enough accepts my password).

Anyway, I may have screwed myself over by re-setting my password *tucks tail between legs* Haaaaalp!
lorewolf
Yaaaaaaay!!!

Uh,.. Nevermind!

*recovers identity, composure, and dignity*
indiechick
is it really necessary for the text of the posts to be centered than to be aligned on the left? (if this sounds weird, my excuse is that english is not my native tongue). i'd prefer them to be aligned on the left.

i guess the poster herself might be responsible as i can see now that i am typing in this little box that there are choices above. i guess i choose "align left" now and see what happens.

ah, it works! smile.gif
curioushair
I'm having avatar problems too. I tried to link one from photobucket, didn't work. Tried to upload one. didn't work either.
LoungeLady
Working on the avatar issue...indiechick:which browser are you using? ...lore wolf, i'll golook at your settings and pm you at your new name.

uh oh,lorewolf,i just changed your password before I saw your most recent post (doh!). login as lore wolf and read the pm to get the pw.and then reset it. sorry.
indiechick
i'm using firefox 1.5.0.4.

i also noticed the following: after my last post, i saw that i can choose to align my personal posts on the left but when i wanted to post another comment to mention that it does work this way, instead of adding another new post, my comment was just added to my original response (like an edit instead of a new post). is this intentional?

i also can't edit my posts.

and again, it just keeps adding to my original post rather than creating a new one.
LoungeLady
okay, the centering you are seeing is aproblem with firefox, we're working on it (other browsers show things left-aligned as it should). edit posts isn't working yet but will be soon. and the software is written to merge posts when users post twice, in quickd succession, to the same board.
indiechick
thanks, loungelady. i guess the adding to the original comment is fine. i'd just never seen it before and was a little confused by it. i thought it had to be a bug. ;-)
sixelacat
Actually, the centering thing is also happening with my Explorer browser. Not a complaint, just informational. Everything looks so great!!! Oh, I did notice that all the pictures that were in everyone's profiles in the old forum are available for general use in the general avatar section. This might be a bit weird for everyone, as a new bustie could inadvertantly choose a photo of a current bustie as her avatar....
LoungeLady
hm, you're right, that's no good about the avatars being available, i'll change taht. you're on explorer- can you tell me which platform and which version of the browser? thanks.
sixelacat
Okay, not terribly computer savvy, but the "about Explorer" section says : Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Probably too much info, but there you go....
sunshine
I think the layout and the features are devine! Thank you for listening to the input and all your hard work!
confuzzled
Yikes! Coolness

Hi, I can't login with my usual username, lucizoe. My password won't work. Can you help me out with that?
LoungeLady
QUOTE(confuzzled @ Jul 11 2006, 09:10 AM) *

Yikes! Coolness

Hi, I can't login with my usual username, lucizoe. My password won't work. Can you help me out with that?

to those of you having trouble with your passwords, please try 1) using the "forgotten password" feature to have your password emailed to you or 2) "reset password." I've looked up the accounts of everyone who's said they can't get in under their old name, and their accounts are there. don't know why the pw aren't working for some, but are for others, but try this solution first. thanks.
gloomysunday
Good morning! The new layout if great. On the old board I enjoyed keeping up with my friends by searching by their username, is that possible to still do that or will it be in the future?

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to us little board lovers.
lucizoe
Awesome! Thanks!
evangaline
I'm actually Voodoo Princess, from before the new software changes BUT when I tried to log in I got the message that there was no such USERNAME in the data base, or whatever...... I tried to do the password thingy, thinking maybe that it was just a password issue but no..... just the same message about how Voodoo Princess does not exist.
SO.... I created a new username and when I tried to use my email addy in the registration, it said my email addy was already in use by another user....... I figure it means my addy is in use by Voodoo Princess BUT it also says Voodoo Princess doesn't even exist??????
Does my old username exist or no? If so, how do I retrieve it?
My new username is ok, so if I have to keep it that's fine too, just wondering if maybe some of the usernames got eaten up in the change over......
LoungeLady
voodoo princess is there, like this:
voodoo_princess
try logging in like that.

gloomy sunday: you can search by member, click on the search button (upper right corner,below the bust nav bar) and go to advanced search. there you can search by member name ("filter").
voodoo_princess
ty ty.....
now..... how do I delete "evangaline" username?
i looked around but didn't see any way to do it.....
grrrlyouwant
i'm sure it's been mentioned already somewhere and i missed it, but how do i orient the threads so that the newest posts are on the bottom? much as i loved the old lounge, not being able to read in a straight top-to-bottom line always drove me nuts. tell me there's a way to flip it on this new board.
snafooey
I'm having trouble with both my avatar (it should work - I'm following the guidelines - but it's not) and editing posts (even if it's just right after I wrote them). Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

(cross-posted something similar in the Community Forum)

Also, I just tried to start my posts from the left margin instead of being centred, but it wouldn't let me do that either.

"There is an error wit hyou BBCode. It is possible that you have incorrectly used a tag such as [TAG] when it is meant to be used as [TAG=] or vice-versa."

All I know is that I clicked on the left indent button!

ETA: Yeah, not being able to edit my typos is driving me nuts.
indiechick
@snafooey: you can move your text to the left by writing it first, than marking it all and then clicking the "align left" button. it works for me.

i was also told earlier that the "edit" function will be worked on later.
moxiegirl
I'm having avatar problems too. Same as indiechick...just says the upload fails. I tried in IE 6 and Firefox.
LoungeLady
hey guys - please check out the news item called "change is good" -- a lot of the things you all are asking about are answered there.
the centering is a bug, we are working on it.

also, the avatars upload is not working right now but will be by weeks' end, as well as post editing.
grrrlyouwant
QUOTE(snafooey @ Jul 11 2006, 09:21 AM) *

Also, I just tried to start my posts from the left margin instead of being centred, but it wouldn't let me do that either.

"There is an error wit hyou BBCode. It is possible that you have incorrectly used a tag such as [TAG] when it is meant to be used as [TAG=] or vice-versa."

All I know is that I clicked on the left indent button!
ETA: Yeah, not being able to edit my typos is driving me nuts.

oh, i know the answer to that one snaf! you have to press the left align button before you start typing, and then again when you're done. it's not like on word where you press it and it changes the highlighted text, it's an actual tag, (left) (/left). kinda stupid if you ask me. i've been poking around for a setting that will justify left as the default when posting, but so far no luck.
curioushair
I'm still having avatar problems. Also, the quote fuction isn't working for me. By the way, I'm using Firefox. Sorry to be such a nudge about it.
snafooey
Ah, thanks!
mornington
oh, now I'm torn... if I use firefox, it's all center-aligned. If I use safari, I can't add rich text. gah!

Are you going to be able to fix the firefox issues? Other than that... ooh, shiny! I like. smile.gif
doodlebug
Thank you, Bust Elves, for our lovely new space! biggrin.gif
pixiedust
EEEE! I just checked out the assistant! I lurve the fact that it shows what all the most recent posts are! And I love not having to sign in every time I post. And I can do colors now!
punkerplus
Ok ok, Why can't I upload a picture for my avatar?
jsmith
Sorry, I know this must've been asked many times, but my username (jasmith)/password isn't working. I've tried the forgotten password link, and when I complete the form, I get an error page. I tried the link that requires a user id etc., and still get the error page upon completion. blink.gif
pixiedust
I read somewhere that the picture upload isn't working yet, but they plan to have it up by the end of the week.

I used the forgotten password link to get it...it sent a reactivation to my e-mail and then let change my password to somethign new.

*Raising hand* how do we see archives and things older than the last 20 posts? I know it's probably easy, but I'm at work and can't go crazy tryign out all the new controls until I get home.
punkerplus
I tried that pixie (the forgotten password) and I couldn't get that to work either, so I thought eh, new lounge, new id.

And thanks for the pic info! At least I know my new account isn't at fault as well.
LoungeLady
jasmith, i was able to enter your username in the forgotten pw form, no problem you should be getting an email about it shortly.
what browser are you using that you are receiving these errors? and also, what platform are you in (mac/pc)
thanks.,
maryjo
The feature I am desperately missing is the one that used to give me the first lines of every post that had been posted since I last searched, all on one page. Is it actually possible to do that here?

Otherwise, it's very cool and exciting and all, but the change is a little disconcerting...
quantumspice
QUOTE(curioushair @ Jul 11 2006, 12:30 PM) *

I'm still having avatar problems. Also, the quote fuction isn't working for me. By the way, I'm using Firefox. Sorry to be such a nudge about it.

There are two buttons that quote people: the "Quote +" button, and the "Reply" button. The "Reply" button, you click, it quotes, you go. The "Quote +" button is for quoting multiple pepole in one post (like this one) - to use it, you have to click "New Reply" at the bottom of the page.

QUOTE(mornington @ Jul 11 2006, 12:37 PM) *

oh, now I'm torn... if I use firefox, it's all center-aligned. If I use safari, I can't add rich text. gah!

The center-alignment issue is only with the "Pink Martini" skin -- if you change it to the "work safe", that goes away. BUT, Celina's aware of it, and I'm helping her work on fixing it. smile.gif

QUOTE(pixiedust @ Jul 11 2006, 02:46 PM) *

*Raising hand* how do we see archives and things older than the last 20 posts? I know it's probably easy, but I'm at work and can't go crazy tryign out all the new controls until I get home.

At the top of the page, before the Quick Reply box and after the forum (say "The BUST Lounge » Forums » The F-Word", there are a bunch of numbers -- such as "22 Pages V « < 20 21 22" for Kvetch. Those numbers are the "archived posts" from before. There's another set of page links at the bottom of the page. Just click on the "<" button to see older posts.

pixiedust
maryjo...have you tried my assistant and my controls...both of those seemed to have some advanced search options.
quantumspice
QUOTE(maryjo @ Jul 11 2006, 02:54 PM) *

The feature I am desperately missing is the one that used to give me the first lines of every post that had been posted since I last searched, all on one page. Is it actually possible to do that here?

Otherwise, it's very cool and exciting and all, but the change is a little disconcerting...

If you click on "My assistant" and then "Recent posts", it will give links to the newest posts to the forum, since your previous log-in. Alternatively, you can go to the Advanced Search page, leave the username & keyword part blank, select whichever forum(s) you want to look at the newests posts in (or ">>All forums" for the whole lounge), make sure "search child forums" is selected, change the date in "search posts from..." to whatever fits you best (a day, a week, a month) "and newer", and in "result type", select "show as posts"
altargrrrl
loungelady- i had trouble logging in, too, at first. i figured out the password change workaround on my own though. i'm using safari 1.2.1 on a mac. hope that info helps fix the bug! thanks for all of your work for the switchover!
punkerplus
Ok so I figured out how to change my avatar. It seems to only be the upload function not working, and not the part which uses a picture hosting site.
pixiedust
Oh wow...I just realized that when I double posted a while ago...about 5 minutes apart..the second podt became part of the first! I was wondering where the heck it went! That is pretty neato.
quantumspice
It only does that within (I believe the default is) 10 minutes IF nobody has posted in between!
jsmith
LoungeLady, I'm using firefox. I do have IE, though, so I'll pull it up and try again. As for the platform... pc..
Thanks!

Tried again in IE, still got the error message:

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_members_converge SET converge_pass_hash='8189de7e3b2dfcf609e316ed46913c36' WHERE converge_id=
SQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
SQL error code:
Date: Tuesday 11th of July 2006 05:10:07 PM

I've looked through the threads where I posted before the software change, and it says unregistered under all my posts..
mandolyn
i am sorely missing the last day/tree view.

QUOTE(quantumspice @ Jul 11 2006, 03:01 PM) *

Alternatively, you can go to the Advanced Search page, leave the username & keyword part blank, select whichever forum(s) you want to look at the newests posts in (or ">>All forums" for the whole lounge), make sure "search child forums" is selected, change the date in "search posts from..." to whatever fits you best (a day, a week, a month) "and newer", and in "result type", select "show as posts"

i tried, q, but got this error message: "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

thanks for all your help, btw, q! you're a peach!
and heartfelt thanks for all your hard work, admin persons!

sillygrrl13
OK, is it still impossible to use a picture from "My Pictures" as my avatar? I just tried again & it ain't happening! I realize I'm clueless, but what I'm trying to do works just fine on say,my Meet-up profile. Why does this have to be so frustrating? Do I need to move a pic from my pic file to somewhere else before I can put as my avatar?Can someone walk me through it? Type real slow...lol.
jsmith
Still not able to get into my account. I might add that above the message box thingy it says IPS error. Does that mean anything to anybody? Is anyone else using a laptop completely unable to get into their original accounts? I know I'm still a member - I saw my name on the members list.
sillygrrl13
Oh SNAP, I did it! You finally get to see Daisy as my avatar. WhooHoo! (dancing wildly,waving hands in the air)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.