Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grey's Anatomy.. Bad Medicine We're Addicted To
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
freckleface2727
ok, where did our old thread go?

I looked and looked to no avail and amiga's- Season 3 starts in just about a month!!

new entry in the grey matter site, w/ shonda doing some q & a's.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/faq.html
turbojenn
freck - thanks for the heads up on the blog! Oh, how I miss my GA....its been too long, and I still can't get in the groove of remembering that its on Thursdays - maybe I'll catch it tonight!

At least I have my project runway to cling to in the mean time....
moxiegirl
wait- has season 3 started? Oh, i'm confused. I don't wanna miss it...
yuefie
Yay for the return of this thread. I can't wait for season 3 to begin, the anticipation is killing me!

Cute title, btw.

freckleface2727
QUOTE(moxiegirl @ Jul 27 2006, 08:28 PM) *

wait- has season 3 started? Oh, i'm confused. I don't wanna miss it...

moxie, season 3 starts some time next month, but the network hasn't officially set a date yet.
sadly? I went ahead and actually wrote it on my calendar, in red so I wouldn't forget the new day & time ( thurs,9:00pm), starting around the middle of the month out.

there's another new show coming on right after that looks promising too.. Six Degree's is it?

thanks for the thumbs up on the new thread title Yuefie, I debated, trying to be <coughcough>
witty biggrin.gif
sassygrrl
Bought Season 1 DVD a few weeks ago, and I am now watching Season 2 on ABC. Can not wait!!! Even got the boy hooked on it!
jasmine77
Season 3 starts Sept 21st!! Yay!!
sassygrrl
Yes, and just in time before Season 2 comes out! Hurrah!
freckleface2727
QUOTE(jasmine77 @ Aug 12 2006, 12:32 PM) *

Season 3 starts Sept 21st!! Yay!!

not til september?!?!

= whine=

but alas, better late than never.

bizzaro dream last night.. I was izzy.. and was teaching (?) in a school, and brought home w/me an autistic girl & her aide I used to work with (at a school, I really did), although, she now went by a different name.
then when we got to my building, we walked up & up several flights of stairs and once I got them to my place, wasn't quite sure why they were there or what to do with them, and there was some strange guy, I guess my boyfriend/husband, and it was raining.

I remember thinking " this is just what izzy would do if she thought someone was homeless, take them in.
and then I woke up.

they CANNOT let Izzy quit medicine!!

I need this show to start again, seriously.
sassygrrl
Just read on tvguide.com that the little girl from Little Miss Sunshine is cued to play Izzy's daughter.... should be pretty cool!

I so want the Season 2 dvd to come out!!! smile.gif
freckleface2727
QUOTE(sassygrrl @ Aug 20 2006, 07:20 PM) *

Just read on tvguide.com that the little girl from Little Miss Sunshine is cued to play Izzy's daughter.... should be pretty cool!

I so want the Season 2 dvd to come out!!! smile.gif

Izzy's daughter... as in the one I am remembering they said she'd given up back in her trailer park days?
I still haven't seen season 1 and am not sure I've seen 2 in it's entirety yet.

that means Izzy IS coming back though right?
turbojenn
freck, I think the speculation I've read...somewhere...is that one of the residents leaves the surgery program, but not medicine...so maybe that's Izzy, and maybe she finds her calling as a regular doc in the hospital...I think that could be interesting too...we shall see.

I've been really impressed with how they handled the writing for Izzy's adoption storyline...I work in adoption and most tv adoption plots are done so horribly, or have a tabloid quality, I was very glad to see it handled with such care on GA, and to see it really reflect the reality of placing a child for adoption. I'll be doubly interested to see how they handle open adoption (when birth parents and adoptive families remain in contact throughout the child's life). /end child welfare nerd session....
freckleface2727
spoiler alert:

don't read if ya don't wanna know, this was in my other email box...

"(Returns Thu., Sept. 21, 9PM ET on ABC)

The 411: Despite leaving the internship program following Denny’s tragic death, Izzie remains a principal cast member in season three. And the legendary Diahann Carroll, the first African-American woman to ever star in a TV series, will join the cast. As for her role? Theories range from an administrative counterpart of Dr. Webber to the mother of Dr. Burke. Plus, folks clamoring for more "McSteamy" will apparently get their wish. Eric Dane, who guest starred as Dr. Mark Sloan in season two, will be returning this fall. Sara Ramirez, who had a recurring role as Dr. Callie Torres, is now a full-time cast member. Chris O'Donnell will return this season too, although it is not clear for how many episodes.
Source: greysanatomyinsider.com
"

all I can say is YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!, it's now Less Than one -month -away!!
sassygrrl
Just got my housemate into Grey's. She's planning on borrowing my first season DVD of it this weekend. We plan to have a watching party once I get season 2.... Yay!
kelkello
Amazingbass, you are being a real wanker.
pepper
kk, don't feed the animals dear.
faerietails
Oh how I love the "ignore" feature! smile.gif
freckleface2727
I have blocked the troll- hurrah!

it wouldn't let me post before, the little 'new reply' button just wasn't there a little while ago.. ? and now I can't remember what I was going to say,, Oh! I reported IT to the Lounge Lady, or the great moderators & powers that be, to deal w/ It from here out.

nothing is going to ruin my Greyslove.
Nothing.
NOTHING !!

did you see the teaser commerical yet?
involving panties?!
sassygrrl
Patrick is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.... yes, go buy it!!
smile.gif
kelkello
Just got the DVD set today and can breathe a sigh of relief. Life, being what is was, did not allow me to see much of season 2. I'm blissfully entrenched in Grey's world, and, it's almost sad to admit, I'm loving every minute of it.
sassygrrl
Plan to buy Season 2 on Sunday..can not wait.
smile.gif

bunnyb
Resisted the temptation to buy season 1 on dvd and had it on my rental list but my mother received it as a birthday gift today so now I can start watching! (I've seen the occasional episode and it's great ; I love cristina)
sassygrrl
Going to buy season 2 tomorrow I think.... if I can drag my ass to best buy....
I have a coupon. smile.gif
yuefie
Did you get season 2 sassy?

I can't wait for Thursday! I am going to my cousins house, which is about a half a block down from my sisters, to watch the season premiere of The Office. Then I'm boltiing and running my ass to my sis's to watch GA. I swear I am becoming a TV junkie and it's all GA's fault. I couldn't even be bothered to remember when shows I like were on, not until I caught the Grey's Fever. It's a real disease, yo.

turbojenn
...And its a disease I don't want a cure for!

I bought season 2 on friday, my husband was out of town all weekend, and I spent all day sunday on the couch with my McDreamy and Burke.....sigh....seriously, I'm squeezing in as much GA as I can, a few minutes here, a few minutes there....I can't stop! Turboman's flight in from Philly is running late tonight, so I should be able to squeeze in another epi before he gets home.

Just 2 more days...I can't wait!
kelkello
I don't know how to tell my BF that GA may have to come before the date Thursday. He'll never understand.

*sigh*
catsoup
Did you know that George's girlfriend (can't remember her name) won a Tony for Spamalot? I feel like I must give her a chance this season now.

(And people say you never learn anything on The View)
freckleface2727
I saw an interview w/ mcdreamy on good morning America yesterday:

it had a few spoilers, like some sort of contagion happens & at least Georgie & McD end up in quarrentine together, and somewhat alluded to Georgie still being w/ Callie (or whatever her real name is; and yes, I had heard or seen that she was already a really hot broadway actresss before ga. Go Callie!)

as for the actor man mcd.
it went on & on a bit about his hobby of racing and how his wife got him into it ( a blond, not even a redhead, huh) and yanno I discovered something:
I don't Want to know he's not really him.
and esp that he's into such mundane and "manly man" things like racing.

give me the pure fantasy.

I mean, maybe I am teetering on scary house-wife-obsession-cliff here, but seriously: there's not a one of those yummy dr's on the show I woudln't sleep w/ (after I fatten m up a wee bit first.) and damnit- DON'T MAKE THEM BE REAL PEOPLE.

bursts my bubble.

anyone checked the greymatter blog lately? suprisingly, I haven't. smile.gif

36 hours to go now?!
yuefie
Interview with Callie
sassygrrl
Are they going to show the season 2 finale before next week premiere?

Not that I don't already have it, but....

Yes, I hear she was great in Spamalot! That's coming to Atlanta for my bday... I. Am. So. There. Saw it with Hank Arazia in NY, and it was beyond funny.

erinjane
Psst, sassy, the premiere is tomorrow night, not next week.
yuefie
Yes, you do *not* wanna miss it girlie!

Counting down the hours...

sassygrrl
Oops. Yep, that was a typo...

So. There. Tonight. smile.gif Isn't it like 2 hours?

freckleface2727
that was a great interview yuefie, thankyou.

I hate seeing that so many people didn't/don't like her character, or thinks she needs to lose weight though. why can't people just accept her and let her character evolve as it will without trying to fit her into a box?

15 hours to go.. I am positively SQUEEING w/ anticipation !! laugh.gif
yuefie
tick-tock, tick-tock...

I agree freckle, she's curvy and healthy looking, far from fat.

It's Seriously Relatable

kelkello
Okay, so they think they had the freakin' PLAGUE? And now Meredith has choose between McDreamy (asshole) and McVet (perfect, but doesn't stand a chance)? Christina cries (okay, yeah the pregnancy thing, but this was different)? Addison...God I can't stand her, I know she's a good doctor and all and there are likable moments with her, but I can't stand her on general principles. And backstory, backstory, backstory. Egad. What a season premiere. I have to process this.

Oh, and one more thing. I really love Callie. I don't care what anyone says about her. I think she looks fabulous. They shouldn't all have twig arms.
sassygrrl
I'm still trying to get over the flashbacks. And now Meredith has to make a choice.

I really dig Callie. She seems real, and looks like a real woman. I think it's about freaking time!

freckleface2727
<sob>

I had to watch Denny die all over again, and then poor sweet Queen Izzy mourn and the vertigo of both literal and emotional tidal waves sweeping over us.

almost too much.

and yes, I love Callie too.
George be good and make it work please, she Rocks.

mcvet is almost mcyawn. kelko totally, too perfect.

I still love addison too, and while mcdreamy was making his big announcement of telling m he picked the wrong one, I kept thinking but what about her?? I also loved how addison genuninely hugged the young girl who'd given birth; granted, my wee girl is 12 and it resonated in that regard, but she really seemed Real doing that. we need to find a nice boy for her to really settle down with.

favorite line of the premier: Callie : we're all 17 Finn. I'm that weird girl in the back of the class chewing on her hair.

isn't that so true.
faerietails
Okay, can I just say it? I hate Derrick. He's such an ass. Why does he leave it all to Meredith? Why is it HER choice?! The man never takes responsibility for anything!

...But Patrick Dempsey is still my babe-o!
yuefie
Ugh. I'm too tired to write anything more than I heart Callie, and Georgie (my true heart) had better get his shit to together before she gets away. And McDreamy can McFuckOff.
karianne
I must say I was a bit disappointed in the premier. All the flashbacks? Izzy (Izzie?) lying on the floor the whole episode? The plague? What?

I expected more.

I love Callie though! She is hilarious. And I too love Addison. Those two are probably my favorites on the show.
turbojenn
Didn't see nearly enough of Sandra Oh this episode...I love her so so much. And Callie is easily stealing my heart...she is just fun, and real, and insecure and funny and HOTT...she and Christina are easily my favorites...and let's face it, they have the best hair on the show. wink.gif

Pissed at McDreamy....that's for sure. Him and his beautiful squinty eyes, lookin' at Mer and making *her* choose...ass. He's the one that's married - HE needs to choose what to do with that.

I love Addison too...and I know McSteamy is coming back for a few epis this season, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing those two smolder together...Mmmmm...

And, I'm hoping maybe Izzy leaves surgical to work with Addison...that could work...
mirabella
Hmm...can't decide if I like the flashbacks or not, but it was as if my two favorite shows merged (this and Lost). I wonder if they will continue all season. ...

Callie rocks.
Alex is beginning to rock, and is defintely interesting, with all of these traces that he may actually have a heart.
I don't get why Addison posted the panties like that. Doesn't she know they're Meredith's? And, if so, does she want to embarass her, or Derek? It seemed kind of crazy to me.
ambercherry
aaaahhhh!! so, i watched the show last night with my partner (what we thought was the season premiere) - and just before it started, they were running the "last time on grey's" thing (which had some scenes from the finale and a few extra scenes) and we were looking at each other with puzzled looks. anyway - we watched the show - which seemed a little odd (like we didn't see certain things happen in this episode)...anyway, at the end, we saw the little "next week on grey's", with all the scenes that we had just seen. ?? turns out, we saw next weeks episode. ctv, the network which plays the show in ottawa - ran next weeks episode - not the season premiere.
my partner informed me this afternoon (was at school all day)...no wonder i was a little confused at all your posts this morning! and i was going to post a few things about the episode i saw last night, but i was running late. it may be a good thing i didn't post anything.
so, i get to see the premiere next week - when ctv will air it instead of the second episode...
sassygrrl
WTF? She can't pick McDreamy!!!

turbojenn
Best episode. ever. Seriously. Seriously! Love Callie workin' George over. Love Mer stringing the boys along. I love the chief being vulerable. I love Addison being vulnerable. And I love sexy fucking McSteamy, nekkid coming out of the shower. Mmmmmm. damn, this show is GOOD!
faerietails
I'm mad that she could even *consider* taking back McDreamy.

But seeing McSteamy come out of the steam like that...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! I could feel it coming, but it still gave me so. much. pleasure. In your face, Derrick! Ha!

I also cracked up at how "long" it took Alex to run into that bathroom with the lady. laugh.gif
sassygrrl
Hot dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...........mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........steeammmmy indeed........ smile.gif

Seriously.

Still pissed that she would consider McBastard, but it should make for an interesting season....
erinjane
QUOTE(ambercherry @ Sep 22 2006, 07:35 PM) *

aaaahhhh!! so, i watched the show last night with my partner (what we thought was the season premiere) - and just before it started, they were running the "last time on grey's" thing (which had some scenes from the finale and a few extra scenes) and we were looking at each other with puzzled looks. anyway - we watched the show - which seemed a little odd (like we didn't see certain things happen in this episode)...anyway, at the end, we saw the little "next week on grey's", with all the scenes that we had just seen. ?? turns out, we saw next weeks episode. ctv, the network which plays the show in ottawa - ran next weeks episode - not the season premiere.
my partner informed me this afternoon (was at school all day)...no wonder i was a little confused at all your posts this morning! and i was going to post a few things about the episode i saw last night, but i was running late. it may be a good thing i didn't post anything.
so, i get to see the premiere next week - when ctv will air it instead of the second episode...

Hahah, okay, i'm in Canada too and I thought I had seriously missed something when everyone else was posting. I wondered if that's what had happened when I saw the "next week" thing. I missed tonight though, but a friend from class is lending me the tape tomorrow. So, was tonights in Canada the same as last weeks or are they airing the premiere first?

No idea what everyone was talking about with the plague and flashbacks. Dammit, I hope they showed the season premiere tonight here, even though they'll be in backwards order.
freckleface2727
when I saw him walk out of the bathroom in just that tiny towel not even fully wrapped around his waist, I actually squeeled "McSteamy's BAAAAAAAACK!!!! and I was glad, bc at first when mcd went there, I was afraid he was going to do something really stupid like lay his head in addi's lap and end up having breakup sex, which would have been just awful. ( reasoning: I thought maybe he'd be licking his wounds from mer not automatically Picking Him. his ego is rather Large.)

what to do what to do.
shonda did say that mer wouldn't be dragging this out alll season tho, so we ought to not be in suspense too much longer. dating. both of them. love it.

christina & MAMA.
hahahahahahahah. I love that burke is so bowed by her. big strong Powerful & Omnipotent ~Preston Burke~ brought to his knees by his mama. ( altho as a Mama, I do sorta "get" that kinda power <coughcough>) & I love that his dad knows Exactly what is going on & seems to be quietly cheering for christina, which freaked her out when she realised. interesting turn of events.

callie has again, 2 epi's in a row now, had the best lines in the show.
how sexy & COOL was she getting her dance groove on when the chief found her?
damn I wish I was cool like that. love her more than eva.

and Izzy.
sniif. bailey will take care of her, resecitate her to the living world. what a bizzare but amazing scene w/ her and addison, talk about Dark & Twisty !

alex & the cancer lady.
eww. though I loved her & her spirit & imagine I'd act very similarly in that sit (altho I do tend to try to live life like that already mostly). still, I just thought it was kinda gross of him, not to mention ethically wrong somehow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.