Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I Ate
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
bunnyb
late breakfast: porridge with sprinkling of sugar and heaped high with fresh strawberries
blueberry and pomegranate juice

snacks: sweet baby carrots with lemon and coriander houmous
a banana
orange juice

dinner: orange, lemon and honey chicken stirfry with lime and coriander rice
cranberry juice

dessert: a mint choc chip cornetto (a chocolate filled wafer cone)
bunnyb
damn double post
edie52
Breakfast: an orange-mango-banana smoothie and a plain croissant in a cute cafe.

Since then: a cuppa rooibos and a cuppa inca. Both with soy milk and honey.

Yup. It's definitely time for something more substantial.
hellotampon
Right now: polenta and black beans stir-fried in italian herbs and tomato sauce

Before- black tea with soymilk and maple syrup, a vegan ice cream sandwich

It's not even 10:30 yet. Oops.
edie52
Yesterday:

Breakfast that the boyfriend and I made: scrambled eggs with goat cheese and garlic, sourdough bread with avocado, organic plain yogourt with strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, and flax seeds, and rooibos tea with honey.

At work: A tomato sandwich on whole wheat with mayo and mustard, and a few handfuls of fries with mayo and ketchup. A few bites of roast pork. Lots of mint tea and bottled water.

After work: corn chips and pineapple salsa, and fake crab sticks with pickles.
missjoy
Last night: home made butter chicken, but with tofu instead of chicken (butter tofu?) with brown rice and then angel food cake and honey mustard pretzels and peanut m&ms (ate toooo much last night)

Today: coffee (neeeeed moooore coffee) and a fruit&veggie bar
Cashew butter sandwich on whole wheat
-looking for a spoon for my blueberry applesauce

I have no idea for tonight... any suggestions?
hellotampon
2 cups of "creme caramel" flavored tea with soymilk and maple syrup (I'm thinking of having a 3rd)
an orange

a few pieces of veggie tempura, and some vegetables and rice with peanut sauce, from the Thai restaurant.

Planning on having corn on the cob and a nectarine for dinner. I've been getting fat lately. My 3x weekly bike rides aren't doing enough to counter my daily chocolate/cookie/soy ice cream/whatever else I can shovel in lately!
jemisoutrageous
Can I just say that I started this thread in spite of the cockblocking I got over in 'As the World Turns' and it has so taken off and flourished and I am so proud....

Anyway. Ahem.

today I et, like the fat arse that I have been lately:
raisin bagel with cream cheese
wheat thins and mozzerella
a lovely Farmer's market peach
tomato and cheddar on whole wheat with a smear of Miracle Whip, which roont it
honey wheat pretzels dipped in bhaba ghanoush
and the most DELECTABLE falafal pita with all sorts of savory salads in it like pickled beets and red cabbage and carrots and pickles and sauteed onions and Israel Salad and it was so good.
a small piece of chocolate babka dry.gif
edie52
Greasy diner breakfast: 2 eggs over medium, 2 sausages, homefries, baked beans, whole wheat toast with jam, slice of orange

At work: 2 bowls of lentil soup, a bacon cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, coleslaw, onion, ketchup, and tomato, and lots of mint tea and bottled water. Oh, and a can of Nestea.

I need something else. I'm thinking yogourt and strawberries, and rooibos with soymilk.
missjoy
so far today - timmy ho's (Tim Hortons) coffee and bagel and cream cheese (did some drinking last night and the carby greasy bagels always hit the spot)

Yesterday: Greasy diner coffee and bagel and cream cheese (yeah, drank the night before last too)
Fruit leather bar, more coffee
Grilled pork chop and caesar salad.
Beer by my neighbours fire pit

Joyboy and I just bought a new bbq. A real, charcoal bbq. I'm so excited... it takes forever to heat up, but you really feel like you are cooking over a fire - unlike our old little propane one. I don't know whats for dinner tonight but I'm sure it will be grilled - I think I'll look up recipes on the internet today.
bunnyb
yesterday:

breakfast (on go): necatrine
banana
apple juice

snacked between 10 and 12 on watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe melon and pineapple

lunch: a small crusty bread roll with some brussels pate
strawberry and blackberry salad

dinner: dolmades with reduced fat houmous
cherries
a plum

lots of water

shinyx3
last night for dinner: blueberry banana smoothy

breakfast: toast with pb and pureed pears X2 coffee iced with skim milk.
hellotampon
a cup of Vanilla Caramel flavored black tea with soymilk and maple syrup
2 Amy's black bean burritos
small dark chocolate bar
red grapes
3 pickles
raspberries
strawberries
hellotampon
Oh and I took a few swigs of the pickle juice too. My boss said she takes a sip sometimes and asked me if I did, and I admitted that I used to, but I always got yelled at by my mother for drinking it. So I hesitated a lot until my boss was like, "I'm not going to yell at you..."
edie52
Breakfast: a mix of granola and muesli with unsweetened soymilk and honey, homemade ginger tea

Lunch: bacon, avocado, tomato, and mayo on whole wheat rye, with mashed potatoes and white grape juice, and then a pot of licorice spice tea

Dinner: loads of poutine at a neighborhood resto

Dessert: raspberry-peach frozen yogourt
shinyx3
lunch yesterday: fish buritto with black beans, cabbage, salsa, and cheese ans tons to drink, it was hot here!

dinner last night: four fresh pickling cucumbers, a peach, a sugar free, caffine free soda, about 8 apricots (they are sooo yummy) a piece of toast with avacado. (no much protien but it was all really good)

breakfast today: mixed bowl of cereal with whole milk (i am out of skim and the mixed cereal was fom using up almost gone boxes.)
kiss_the_fiddler
ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. what more does a girl need on a not and smokey day?
MaybeSparrow
Breakfast: three waffles, coffee, and water

Lunch: PB&J and carrots

Dinner: Basil and Pinenut ravioli mixed with edamame, broccoli, and spinach with a dollop of creamed swiss and sourcream

Dessert: Skinny Cow Ice cream & graham crackers

Baseball Game: 2 mini doughnuts, few bites of softserve

Later on: more coffee...I'll be up late reading
shinyx3
dinner last night: thin crust pizza with pesto and chicken on half and sundried tomatoes, olives, feta on other half (shared with my mom) bottle of san pellegrino. mud pie (shared with mom)

brunch: chedder, cinnamon apple an nutmeg two egg omlet, hash browns with chalula's and tamatillo salsa, a bran muffin with jam (lots of jam) oj, more jam, water.

dinner: 2 handfulls of blue berries, 4 ripe apricots, a bowl of sprin green salad and slaw mix with goddess dressing and cottage cheese, 4 fresh picklling cucumbers, water with a little apple raspberry juice in it.

maybe icecream later.
snarky7
dinner tonight: grilled chicken and bell peppers, raviolis, and garlic bread. oh yeah, ice cream for dessert - great big waffle cone of strawberry cheesecake dreyer's.....mmmmmmmmmm..... smile.gif
grrrlyouwant
i have just made the most delicious surf and turf dinner evah! i took this really thick cut of steak, split it in half, and stuffed it with shrimp and my supah secret mix of parmesan, ricotta, and fresh minced garlic, salt and peppered to taste, and tossed it in the oven. then i took it out, tossed some more garlic/parm/ricotta mix, with a bit of mexican four cheese blend to make it all melty and gooey, on top and stuck it under the broiler for a couple minutes. now if you'll excuse me, i need to finish eating it before i pass out from teh food-gasm. happy.gif
missjoy
mmmm... everything sounds so good.

dinner last night: wheat berry salad with citrus dressing, toasted pine nuts, wilted spinich and feta cheese - all from the Super Natural Cookbook (authored by the woman who writes www.101cookbooks.com)

I just got back from a lunch out (treated myself). I had homemade chips with chipotle mayo and a hamburger with cheese, bacon and peanut butter.

Surprisingly good!
snarky7
it's been so dang hot i've had cold cereal for dinner 2 nights in a row...
mouse
--farfalle pasta with homemade tomato & ricotta sauce with sage and fresh oregano (from my little windowsill oregano plant!), roasted marinated peppers

i only wish i had someone to eat with

sad.gif
shinyx3
ohh yummy, i'll come eat with you!
snarky7
half a chicken tonight, literally (went to a BBQ, I couldn't finish all of it). and cheesecake leftovers with strawberry sauce.
missjoy
Last night: Sauted brussel sprouts (yum, but a bit oversalted... oops)
Toast and Baked eggs with garlic, thyme and parsley from a barefoot contessa cookbook (a bit overdone - the yolks were more like hard boiled eggs than over easy - learn for next time)
Smoked gouda and baguette as a snack.
bunnyb
breakfast: slice of toast with strawberry jam
a mug of sweet and milky tea

lunch: peppered mackerel fillet with mediterranean veg cous cous
fresh orange juice

snack: 2 small florentines

dinner: papardelle pasta with pesto, sundried tomatoes and marscapone
a rhubarb and vanilla yoghurt
lots of water
edie52
Yesterday-

Breakfast- rye toast with goat cheese and avodado and honey, plain yogourt with honey, and a can of ginger beer

Lunch- snacks of radishes, cheese, and green grapes at home, and then out for a bowl of gazpacho and beer

Dinner- (at work) a hamburger steak with fried onions and mushrooms, ceasar salad, and steamed veggies, and soda water
hellotampon
a banana
an apple
some grapes
half a cucumber with salt
a tube of peanuts
handful of almonds

when the boy gets home I'll probably have a cinnamon rice cake with chocolate peanut butter- just one!
edie52
Breakfast- soymilk with muesli, a cup of earl grey and a glass of lemonade

Lunch- a really good boyfriend-made sandwich that consisted of portugese sausage, avocado, tomato, mustard, and mayo, on sunflower seed bread from the bakery, with cheese, pickle, and cucumber wedges on the side, and a glass of red wine

Dinner- veggie quesadillas at work, and cranberry juice
bunnyb
yesterday:

late breakfast- bowl of fruit and fibre with semi-skimmed milk and sliced strawberries
mango lassi

snack- mango passionfruit frappucinno

early dinner- angus beef burger with bacon, avocado, tomato and mayo
fries and bbq sauce
large glass of rose wine

snack: large triangle of baklava
mug of coffee
lankylizards
cinnamon-raisin bagel with cream cheese
black bean burger with red onion and pickles
coleslaw
a huge iced hazelnut latte
tons of ice water
dinner will be: a bean burrito and a big salad
possibly some chocolate chip banana bread
puppykitty
Dinner last night:

Vegetarian Swedish Meatballs over egg noodles
Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Glazed carrots
Beef Stir Fry over rice
Sparkling Pear Cider

I know that is a weird dinner. My roomies were cooking stir fry, while I was cooking Swedish Meatballs, and we just shared everything. It was very yummy.
puppykitty
Ooopsy! Double Post.

sorry.
coela

puppykitty: Hee hee, vegetarian Swedish meat balls? I eat that sooo often. Goes with the territory of being..Swedish, I guess.
And a vegetarian. smile.gif

Today I ate:

Breakfast/lunch: Bread & cheese, coffee.

Dinner: Gazpacho & bread with fried halloumi, rhubarb lemonade with lots of ice, grapes.

Supper: Beer! And Icelandic schnapps (brennìvin)!

hellotampon
Breakfast: fried polenta slices with black beans and spicy tomatoes. Cherries.

Lunch: Sandwich- sprouted barley bread, hummus, tabouli, kale, cucumber, sprouts, pickles, green olives.

For dinner I'll probably make baked tofu and steamed kale with garlic with applesauce for dessert. I'm making the applesauce right now and it smells delicious, but I left the peels on (although I cut them really small) so we'll see how that turns out...
kiss_the_fiddler
so far today:

Breakfast of tofu sausage fried in olive oil. sliced fresh tomato

morning snack: one nectarine sliced up with cream drizzled over top. slice of mozz cheese

Edit: Hmmm. . . Well, fire weather and fire behavior said I didn't get my planned means and snacks today. Ugh. I had an apple with peanut butter. celery sticks with peanut better, and a tube of almonds. later, in the middle of the night, i had a small bowl of choc ice cream with almond butter on it. tomorrow i'll try again.
bunnyb
breakfast: a bowl of fruit and fibre with strawberries

snack: more strawberries and some cherries

lunch: small bowl of sundried tomato and marscapone risotto
applewood cheddar dusted with chilli and ham sandwich

grande skinny mocha

dinner: lamb stew with carrots, mashed potato and lashings of gravy

lots of water
sunshine
Breakfast: Glass of iced coffee; several chunks of cantaloupe and half of a blueberry bagel with plain cream cheese

Lunch: Mac 'n Cheese dotted with Tabasco and black pepper
Water and a Diet Coke

Snack: Grapes and a Diet Coke

Dinner: Likely spag or a burger
sunshine
Apparently no-one else is eating but me, AGAIN biggrin.gif

Breakfast: Three cups of very strong coffee with h/h
Half of a blueberry bagel with hazelnut cream cheese

Lunch: 1/2 Club Sandwich on 12 Grain Bread
1/2 Caesar Salad
Ice Water with lemon and lime wedges

Dinner: Spag with homemade sauce and wheat pasta
Mixed green salad with tomatoes, carrots and Gorgonzola Cheese
bunnyb

Breakfast: home-made smoothie with melon, pineapple, passionfruit, nectarine and peach
slice of toast and honey

Lunch: granary bread with sundried tomato and almond tapenade, some chorizo and grilled haloumi slices
a can of Coke (this is so unlike me but I was craving caffeine and love Coke but try not to drink it often)

Dinner: a bowl of chilli con carne with pitta bread

Lots of water
LoveMyPugs
Dinner Tonight!

pan seared pork chops with butter, onion, garlic, salt and pepper

greenbeans with butter, garlic and onions

*puts head down in shame*

and boxed mac and cheese (i know, i know but it was a quick dinner thrown together)

Goodnight all!

hellotampon
Breakfast:

one scrambled egg (from my own chickens) with homemade salsa (from my boss' garden)
2 slices of sprouted whole grain toast with cinnamon and nutmeg
hot black tea with soymilk and maple syrup
sunshine
Looking like it is some kind of crazy ass starvation diet going on around these parts:

Breakfast: Feta and Spinach Organic chicken sausage
Organic Fried Egg
Lots of Coffee (Organic and Fair Trade) with organic half and half

Lunch: Greek salad with heaps of Gyro meat
Mylos Beer

Dinner: Spareribs with sauerkraut
Mashed potatos
German Beers

hellotampon
Grazing at work:

2 packets of instant oatmeal
a tube of Craisins trail mix
2 wasa crackers spread with hummus, tabouli, and kalamata olives

When I got home:

a package of Liz Lovely vegan Cowgirl Cookies (840 calories and totally worth it!)
the last of a pot of carrot/butternut squash/garlic/ginger soup I made a few days ago

In 10 minutes:
steamed kale with garlic and lemon juice (I cannot go a day without eating this)

Later: Yellowtail Shiraz
mouse
hellotampon! i could've sworn you were vegan. or is the egg okay because it is from happy chickens you know personally? i'm not being snide--i'm seriously interested in this issue (and the various reasons people are vegan, but that's another can of worms). oh and please give us the recipe for your kale dish--sounds delicious.

me, today:

--tuna salad (with celery & worcestershire sauce, yum)
--green grapes
--peach juice

saving up cos i am going to highland park tonight and that means drinking beers and then of course el atacor, and that means 10 potato tacos for $5.99....
edie52
Today:

Breakfast:
-cold homemade pizza (with prosciutto, olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red onions, and 2 kinds of cheese)
-rooibos tea with organic milk

Lunch:
-more pizza
-apple slices with peanut butter

-an americano at a cafe with my book

Dinner:
-spiral pasta with tomato sauce I made from scratch, with lots of garlic and a balsamic reduction and some olives, with fresh arugula and basil and grated cheese on top

Dessert:
-a quick glass of Jagermeister
-rooibos with milk
-the last piece of my first ever batch of homemade banana bread
hellotampon
QUOTE(mouse @ Sep 30 2007, 02:17 AM) *
hellotampon! i could've sworn you were vegan. or is the egg okay because it is from happy chickens you know personally? i'm not being snide--i'm seriously interested in this issue (and the various reasons people are vegan, but that's another can of worms). oh and please give us the recipe for your kale dish--sounds delicious.

Yeah, I'm vegan, but I consider the eggs from my own chickens to be vegan/freegan/okay to eat. I have a few vegan friends who won't eat baked goods that I've made with the eggs, which I don't really understand, because they're all vegan for the same reasons I am and the eggs don't violate any of those reasons. Oh well. They tend to be really anal about a lot of things, actually. Like there are these candies called Peanut Chews that were vegan, and then the company added glycerin to the recipe and my friend noticed this after she had eaten half the box, so the box sat on her counter for months on end until she found out if it was from an animal or vegetable source. Completely ridiculous! These are just 2 of my friends though. All the other vegans I know have common sense. And better things to worry about.

The kale dish I eat every day isn't really recipe-worthy; it's just plain old steamed kale, maybe with some other greens if I have them (turnip greens are good). I throw a bunch of chopped garlic in while it's steaming and when it's done I sprinkle salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice, and then I put either radish sprouts or tabouli on top.
humanist77
Eating at this moment:
Whole wheat macaroni and cheese, mixed with a chopped plum tomato and a can of Asian stir fry vegetables, including bean sprouts, baby corn, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Not that bad, really!
Ahh, I've officially become a poor college student. Although this is probably a lot better than most of them get. At least it ain't Ramen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.